Is wind deflection compensated for by the AI? I see that it can be turned off for single player, but is that necessary for the AI to aim consistently in SP and COOP missions?

speaking of wind,is it synchronized server side? so all clients have the same wind allowing the spotter to help the sniper?

Since we wait 5 days now i ask here how many have this https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71599 problem? It is really annoying and the most of our player don't want to play with this bug because they must always disconnect and connect again to play "normal" on our Domination Server. Some of the players downgrade to the Verion r589 because with this version they can play normal but others don't want to download 2GB with their bad internet connection.

Have just got the full ACE package installed with Armarize, and launched my favorite mission: Lost by MarkB50K.

Sadly, it seems the mission won't be playable with ACE because a couple of key elements of the mission don't seem to be working.

1. Many if not all houses on many maps have a 5m^2 trigger area set in them and a white dot in this trigger area. Once all the white dots on a map populate, when the player gets within a moderate distance of a white dot, a new objective will trigger to "Search Civilian House." Once the objective triggers, searching is accomplished with a mouse-wheel action much like changing weapons, getting in/out of vehicles etc. Searching a house can lead to finding contraband, nothing, discovering friendly geurilla soldiers, or provoking an enemy response. It sometimes takes 5 min after initially launching the mission for all white dots to populate, but with ACE running I have yet to see this option appear when I'm near a white dot.

2. Big Bag Fences, Barrels and various other objects that are randomly populated on the map can also be interacted with using the mouse-wheel options. So for example you can Drag or Load or Rotate a Big Bag fence. Also not seeing this when I launch the mission with ACE.

Any chance that this is just a matter of settings or that it could be readily corrected? I'm willing to give it a shot myself if someone can give me some pointers on what might be wrong.

Have just got the full ACE package installed with Armarize, and launched my favorite mission: Lost by MarkB50K.

Sadly, it seems the mission won't be playable with ACE because a couple of key elements of the mission don't seem to be working.

1. Many if not all houses on many maps have a 5m^2 trigger area set in them and a white dot in this trigger area. Once all the white dots on a map populate, when the player gets within a moderate distance of a white dot, a new objective will trigger to "Search Civilian House." Once the objective triggers, searching is accomplished with a mouse-wheel action much like changing weapons, getting in/out of vehicles etc. Searching a house can lead to finding contraband, nothing, discovering friendly geurilla soldiers, or provoking an enemy response. It sometimes takes 5 min after initially launching the mission for all white dots to populate, but with ACE running I have yet to see this option appear when I'm near a white dot.

2. Big Bag Fences, Barrels and various other objects that are randomly populated on the map can also be interacted with using the mouse-wheel options. So for example you can Drag or Load or Rotate a Big Bag fence. Also not seeing this when I launch the mission with ACE.

Any chance that this is just a matter of settings or that it could be readily corrected? I'm willing to give it a shot myself if someone can give me some pointers on what might be wrong.

Sounds more like an issue with the mission itself not being designed to be used with ACE, rather than a setting in ACE that could be fixed. That said, I could be wrong.

Yeah you are probably right. There is always de-pboing it and adjusting my personal version for use with ACE. Nice sig :)

Is it just me, or have the mortar explosions turned, eh, quite tame so to speak? Like, fire a shell with no charges at maximum elevation, walk straight to where it's gonna fall, and you will not be the least killed, or even wounded by the exploding shell.

Also, can't find the latest changelog.

Is it just me, or have the mortar explosions turned, eh, quite tame so to speak? Like, fire a shell with no charges at maximum elevation, walk straight to where it's gonna fall, and you will not be the least killed, or even wounded by the exploding shell.

Also, can't find the latest changelog.

Changelogs:

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Changelogs

Try using a 80mm mortar. The 60 mm mortars have a prety small blast radius.

Thanks.

I've tried both the 60mm and 81mm mortar, and it's not that the 60mm has a smaller kill zone than larger ones, it is that I fired a shell at max elevation, noticed where it landed, repeated and ran to the impact point before the shell hit. When the shell hit within 2-3m from me, I took no damage what so ever. This I tried, and experienced with both the 60mm and 81mm mortar.

Thanks.

I've tried both the 60mm and 81mm mortar, and it's not that the 60mm has a smaller kill zone than larger ones, it is that I fired a shell at max elevation, noticed where it landed, repeated and ran to the impact point before the shell hit. When the shell hit within 2-3m from me, I took no damage what so ever. This I tried, and experienced with both the 60mm and 81mm mortar.

Did you use the ACE Mortars or the vanilla ones?

Yes, ACE mortars, of course. I think I would've seen a difference between the mortar with a magazine and firing computer, and the one with a proper sight and shells that have to be loaded manually.

Are there a lot of broken things for anyone else? I don't want to run up a bunch of tickets without checking first. Latest build, latest beta, I have Javelin brackets disappearing from time to time though the missile still hits a target, it's a guess as to which target if multiple are in view. Also when zoomed behind optics or iron sights, moving or leaning causes you to unzoom periodically. Just had a HALO bug as well, exited the helo but stayed in the standing position all the way till splat.

Also when zoomed behind optics or iron sights, moving or leaning causes you to unzoom periodically.

Noticed this as-well but reloaded the mission and it was gone. Also i've seen that the A10 with the CBU, when used causes huge FPS Lag (Using the Cluster bombs that is, not the A10)

How do I throw a grenade underhand? I have everything set up to use shift-3 to toggle my grenade throw, but when I modify with the underhand key (left shift) nothing changes. I tried changing the key to something other than shift; still no effect.

Whoa, you guys managed to really bork the PG-7VM.

Other RPG rockets are fine, but whenever you fire the VM at a target within 75m or so, a massive shockwave permanently knocks the player down, doing no damage and leaving all nearby AI unharmed. Too lazy to make a ticket at the moment.

I've heard a lot of reports of a lot of odd things with 203's and stuff as well all seeming to relate to shrapnel perhaps. Didn't ACE team add a new shrapnel thing in a recent release? Likely not working very well at times. They should probably revert that change.

Soooo, yea... how about you report it with proper reproduction steps etc. at the tracker?

I am currently taking a break from A3 modding, so I could process your issues if posted at the right place.

Soooo, yea... how about you report it with proper reproduction steps etc. at the tracker?

I am currently taking a break from A3 modding, so I could process your issues if posted at the right place.

My reports were 3rd hand and I think they said they would be reporting them so hopefully they will.

I have a quick question, hopefully someone would be able to answer such.

The question is as follows: Is there a list of functions from ACE2? Functions such as "[unitname, time] call ace_blackoutall;" and it's opposite, I'm trying to find out somethings to use for missions and I've yet seen any documentation of scripts/functions from ACE2!

I have no idea how people find these things and would be happy to know! It's quite crucial for making some nice special missions in Arma 2 with ACE.

How come zero key has changed?

How do we zero now?

Thanks

This item is in the changelog: "Removed scope adjustment from rangetable [rocko]"

So... how do we ajust the scope now?