It's realism, even if it's set in a different time. It's hardly science fiction, just future science. Elements of A2/ACE feel futuristic to me because I served in the military 20 years ago, doesn't mean those things don't exist now.

It's realism, even if it's set in a different time. It's hardly science fiction, just future science. Elements of A2/ACE feel futuristic to me because I served in the military 20 years ago, doesn't mean those things don't exist now.

Realism relates to something that pertains to things as they are right now, not in the future. So you are contradicting yourself. Hard core fans of Arma/OFP which I would say is 90% of their customer base would likely want to see realism.

The other problem with BI doing this in my opinion is it opens the door for them to be very lax with the stuff they do put in that is supposed to be realistic. For example, if the gun ballistics are not working properly they can just say it was designed that way and that is how it works in the future. They can start applying this to other things too like AI behavior. When AI can see through trees and bushes they can just say it was designed that way because the enemy of the future are some robotic humanoid that can see through trees.

I hope and doubt they will take things that far but the door is certainly open for them now.

Fortunately we have super talented modders in the community that will get rid of any such nonsense if possible.

It's still realism, whether you want to play in a future setting is up to your "hard core" ego. I'm sure ACE is catering to that as well. Stick in the past, just don't go too far back, I'm sure I44 isn't realistic because it's not in the now.

It's still realism, whether you want to play in a future setting is up to your "hard core" ego. I'm sure ACE is catering to that as well. Stick in the past, just don't go too far back, I'm sure I44 isn't realistic because it's not in the now.

You really should look at a dictionary so that you know how to use terms that make sense. Realism has nothing to do with the future. Realistic on the other hand can pertain to something in the past.

Hi,

I played a user made SP mision in the forests of Chernarus. Not sure if it was with ACE. Anyway, the enemy AI I'm sure has spotted me through bushes and fir trees. So forest fights seem pretty useless to me.

But in a well known german Youtube channel, the user (Odium) said AI cannot look through bushes in ACE. I doubt it because bushes and their leaves behave like air in Arma.

So can AI look through bushes and tree leaves or not?

Thanks!

The mission editor needs to enable the ACE module for this.

surprise surprise

surprise surprise

lunapic_132009218615037_5.giflunapic_132009218615037_5.giflunapic_132009218615037_5.gif

Edited by Sickboy

What we were trying to say, Sickboy and me, is: there is an update availabe on SU.

Have fun.

*dancing with Sickboy away into the night ....lunapic_132009218615037_5.giflunapic_132009218615037_5.giflunapic_132009218615037_5.giflunapic_132009218615037_5.gif*

Edited by Guest
meh

What we were trying to say, Sickboy and me, is: there is an update availabe on SU.Have fun.

:yay: at last thanks!

Better late than never, right? :p

I really like the changelog!

nevermind...

Thx for the update.Looking forward to the next stable ;)

Edited by Zio Sam

What is this changelog item about different shrapnel types? Sounds interesting.

It means we are just using our own shrapnel objects. Before regular bullets were used. :)

So I did some testing

Immobilized tanks that have functional turrets will make use of them instead of letting the crew abandon the vehicle as in vanilla.

This doesn´t seem to work as expected. I tested this by placing a tank with myself as the driver, a few groups of enemy infantry around the vehicle and a concertina wire infront of the tank. As the tank crew started to engage the infatry I drove the tank over the wire, damaging the tracks. Commander almost always orders to dismount. needless to say that the crew gets killed immediately.

While we speak of concertina wires, why do they destroy tank tracks? Is that realistic? Shouldn´t a tank not be able to drive over them?

What do you mean by this?

* GL sightadjustment for BAF weapons

I didn´t notice anything beeing different :confused:

I really like the shockwave effects, the CCRP for CBUs and the new Sight Adjustment dialog.

The only downside of the new Sight Adjustment dialog is that it blocks the center of your view. I think it would be more comfortable if it was on the left or right side.

Overall a very solid job :rthumb:

* GL sightadjustment for BAF weapons

I didn´t notice anything beeing different :confused:

Before, the grenade would go 100m further than you ranged for. Now, it is fixed.

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

The only major issue with the update is the map zooming, which it seems wasn't included in the 591 hotfix :S

This doesn´t seem to work as expected. I tested this by placing a tank with myself as the driver, a few groups of enemy infantry around the vehicle and a concertina wire infront of the tank. As the tank crew started to engage the infatry I drove the tank over the wire, damaging the tracks. Commander almost always orders to dismount. needless to say that the crew gets killed immediately.

While we speak of concertina wires, why do they destroy tank tracks? Is that realistic? Shouldn´t a tank not be able to drive over them?

Out of curiosity, have you managed to track a tank with an actual weapon? Hits to the treads tend to cause catastrophic kills, or do nothing at all. Probably the biggest flaw in the ACE armor system.

The only major issue with the update is the map zooming, which it seems wasn't included in the 591 hotfix :S

Updated the ticket?

It doesn't exactly destroy the track, exactly the wire block the track, so the tank is immobilised. Moreover it's extremely difficult for the crew to remove the wire.

It doesn't exactly destroy the track, exactly the wire block the track, so the tank is immobilised. Moreover it's extremely difficult for the crew to remove the wire.

Ah ok I see.

Sickboy, it seems that NoMapZoom is enabled by default, how to disable it?

Ah ok I see.

Sickboy, it seems that NoMapZoom is enabled by default, how to disable it?

please post to the bug ticket like mentioned above Edited by Sickboy

For me it works fine.

@Tonci87

I updated ACE yesterday afternoon and I have the same Mapzoom problem like you. In the evening there was a small update for ACE, did you update ACE again? If not, try it

You really should look at a dictionary so that you know how to use terms that make sense. Realism has nothing to do with the future. Realistic on the other hand can pertain to something in the past.

It's not like we're shooting lazzors. Can't really argue that point much further online though. How about a nice get together?

How about a nice get together?
Getting together to argue with delta is one of my favorite pastimes.

I'm trying to get just one javelin in a box. Can someone explain what is happening when I take a Javelin from box. Actually it's more about the CLU, a box manually loaded (with LEA) has the CLU, but when i put into my inventory it disappears?

ACE launcher boxes only have javelin, CLU is in Launcher ammo box, but is there a rocket? What am I doing wrong? :confused:

*EDIT*

Edited by PlacidPaul