LOL thanks man, I'll give six another shot. Should I install all the mod folders before allowing six to reinstall them?

LOL thanks man, I'll give six another shot. Should I install all the mod folders before allowing six to reinstall them?

Nah PwS should handle it all for you or otherwise tell you or throw an error :)

Please note that PwS by default installs mods to the My Documents\ARMA 2 folder, because this is in user space and recommended by BI.

You can change this in the ARMA 2 CO Settings though as you please. First startup should throw you a popup asking you about this too.

Nah PwS should handle it all for you or otherwise tell you or throw an error :)

Please note that PwS by default installs mods to the My Documents\ARMA 2 folder, because this is in user space and recommended by BI.

You can change this in the ARMA 2 CO Settings though as you please. First startup should throw you a popup asking you about this too.

Cool deal, I just downloaded PwS on my flash drive at work. When I get to the house later, I'll give it a try. You might be hearing from me again :wink_o:

Is there a list of rsync mirrors for all the required components to run ACE on a linux somewhere ?

Every manual I find uses Six updater, but our server is linux and I'd rather update it directly on there then to have to upload it from a windows machine.

Is there a list of rsync mirrors for all the required components to run ACE on a linux somewhere ?

Every manual I find uses Six updater, but our server is linux and I'd rather update it directly on there then to have to upload it from a windows machine.

I suppose this is what you're after; http://www.six-projects.net/Six_Updater_Suite+Linux

Section "Six-updater-web" -> "Running from source (Recommended)". We (SIX) are looking into making the life of linux server admins easier, hopefully for the near future.

I am currently working on an ACE mission, but I would really like to replace the original refuel truck script that requires you to hold still and after a long countdown "insta-refuels" the vehicle. I would love if the truck could refuel gradually (as done in real life, after all) to allow quicker mobilization of the vehicle with a less-than-full tank.

Question: Is it possible to "override" the default ACE refuel truck script and use my own? The script itself is not that difficult, I just don't know how/where I have to "hook" it in to replace the default one...

Hey thanks, trying the linux six now.

Edited by Conz

got a general question regarding ACE : With 2 AI guys in an apache, how are they actually using the weapons ? it worked for me to tell the gunner via key2 to target a tank, but they are not using the cannon vs. infantry. I remember in vanilla they shot them all the time WHEN they saw em.. right now they simply do nothing..

First, thanks for the quick help with six :-)

Second, I already made a post http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150747-Arma2-AO-ACE-giving-missing-addon-error and I'll update that one if there's an answer here for reference.

I am getting the following error after launching an ACE version of Domination.

The 'missing' files do exist in the @ace/addon folder so i'm a bit baffled what might be causing this.

15:32:07 Mission co@30 DomiOA! ACE West Revive [2.28] - Starting Vehicle Mod read from bank.

15:32:07 Missing addons detected:

15:32:07 ace_sys_air_refuel

15:32:07 ace_sys_bi_arty

15:32:07 ace_sys_repair

First, thanks for the quick help with six :-)

Second, I already made a post http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150747-Arma2-AO-ACE-giving-missing-addon-error and I'll update that one if there's an answer here for reference.

I am getting the following error after launching an ACE version of Domination.

The 'missing' files do exist in the @ace/addon folder so i'm a bit baffled what might be causing this.

Glad you got it roling :)

I suppose you lowercased all game files incl modfolders etc? (SIX installs only in lower case anyway though).

You could best try running with one of the 1.63 betas.

Modfolder launch parameters are different on linux from Windows, so perhaps the modfolders are just not loaded.

Does ACE_SM include sound effects for incoming mortar rounds?

I assumed it had from CHKilroy's video:

I took some time to realise I had no such thing when I played with ACE.

I briefly tested it with observers placed around an artillery target and none of them (played by me) can pick up that whistling/doppler effect (I could only hear the MLRS immediately before impact). I have to admit I have no clue about Vanilla.

Incoming sounds only work reliably for ammo that extends shotRocket, which most artillery ammo doesn't (but MLRS does, and if you try the M109A6 Paladin mod, Excalibur rounds also use shotRocket, and you can hear those).

This seems to be fixed in A3, but have not been able to test in depth as much as I would like to fully confirm it.

Incoming sounds only work reliably for ammo that extends shotRocket, which most artillery ammo doesn't (but MLRS does, and if you try the M109A6 Paladin mod, Excalibur rounds also use shotRocket, and you can hear those).

This seems to be fixed in A3, but have not been able to test in depth as much as I would like to fully confirm it.

Please pardon my ignorance, but would that mean the mortar sound in the above video may or may not occur without additional editing?

Edit: What would I then need to do to achieve a similar result, assuming the arty strike was real and unscripted?

Edit2: Could the lack of "incoming sound" be also linked to subpar hardware performance?

Edited by Kahss

Now I don't use ACE everyday (Don't get shocked in awe...) but when I was going to launch up Arma 2 CO this happened: Include file x/ace/addons/main/script_macros.hpp not found. And this was when I had ACE disabled. If there are any helpful suggestions please tell me. Because this was very odd..

Ace wounds is enabled by default in the editor for me. How would I go about getting rid of that?

When BIS backpacks are replaced by ACE backpacks via script on mission start, equipement is also saved to new backpack, but does it happen to everyone, or only player's group?

When playing we quite often get by scavenging, but with ACE most backpacks appear empty.

Does ACE_SM include sound effects for incoming mortar rounds?

I assumed it had from CHKilroy's video:

I took some time to realise I had no such thing when I played with ACE.

I briefly tested it with observers placed around an artillery target and none of them (played by me) can pick up that whistling/doppler effect (I could only hear the MLRS immediately before impact). I have to admit I have no clue about Vanilla.

The incoming round sound you hear in ShackTac videos is an in-house mod, not acex_sm.

Glad you got it roling :)

I suppose you lowercased all game files incl modfolders etc? (SIX installs only in lower case anyway though).

You could best try running with one of the 1.63 betas.

Modfolder launch parameters are different on linux from Windows, so perhaps the modfolders are just not loaded.

No go on this yet, i'm using a2oa-server-1.62.102451

Warning Message: Addon 'ace_c_vehicle' requires addon 'CATracked2_AAV'

Addon 'ace_c_vehicle' requires addon 'CATracked2_AAV'

Warning Message: Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'

Updating base class Single->Single, by x\ace\addons\c_ai_rof\config.bin/CfgWeapons/AK_107_pso/Single/

Updating base class Burst->Burst, by x\ace\addons\c_ai_rof\config.bin/CfgWeapons/AK_107_pso/Burst/

Updating base class FullAuto->FullAuto, by x\ace\addons\c_ai_rof\config.bin/CfgWeapons/AK_107_pso/FullAuto/

12:26:03 Dedicated host created.

Obsolete class Animations defined in bin\config.bin/RscCompass/

Obsolete class Animations defined in bin\config.bin/RscWatch/

Warning Message: Error: creating weapon CZ_750_S1_ACR with scope=private

12:26:04 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.170)

This is the server startup messages, from what I can tell it should be loading ACE.

The incoming round sound you hear in ShackTac videos is an in-house mod, not acex_sm.

Thanks! That's what I thought after a bit of digging.

I guess I'll have a lot of fun creating my own homemade mod too :p

I guess I'll have a lot of fun creating my own homemade mod too :p

That's the spirit!

So many great updates on the repo, yet none pushed to SIX?

Please rocko, push an update tomorrow :)

Also hope to see an update sometime soon... i'm so tired of the "no sound" error :(

eh, u guys still on arma 2?

i got some smaller updates to be done first, and i cannot arse sickboy to push them twice a week onto SU, or can i, can i ?

I'm not going to leave A2 until ACE will come to A3

ArmA 3 is an early, buggy alpha lacking the immense content and stability of ArmA 2: CO, as well as lacking proper ACRE, any ACE, and more.

i got some smaller updates to be done first, and i cannot arse sickboy to push them twice a week onto SU, or can i, can i ?

Mods are pushed on SIX Network all the time. I'm sure Sickboy has a very capable system of pushing.

Simply push whatever you get done in the week on Fridays like it used to be, and it'll be great :)