I have a random and out of the blue question that's been nagging at the back of my head every time I see the item in a box and and haunted by it for hours as I try to figure out how to use it. So without anymore delay, what is ACE_MineMarker_Light (Or Flashlight in Gear) used for and how is it used in ACE2? I've tried various things that I can think of before loosing my mind.

The ACE_MineMarker_Light ist used on the ACE_MineMarkers (use Interaction), so you can mark safe lanes for vehicles or infantry with light in the dark.

The ACE_MineMarkers_PathSign in addition can be used to mark the lane, i.e where to safely drive/walk through. (you can attach and rotate the signs with Interaction)

Hey guys, I recently decided to put ACE back on my system. I have not ran it for several years now, just as a heads up. I also don't want to put sixerupdater on my computer so I'm doing it manually.

I went to this link http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14067 downloaded all the necessary files. extracted them all to my main C:/programfilesx86/steam/steamapps/common/arma operation arrowhead folder. I then extracted @ACE/store/Userconfig to the main operation arrowhead folder. Lastly, I went and ran my launch options. -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@JSRS;@JSRS_ACE.

Now when I start the game I get two errors before the game starts. One is something called bin\error/treecutter or something like that. The game won't load until I ALT TAB then X out of this error. Now it loads, then at the loading screen I get another \Bin error this one is something with a tank or vehicle sound. I X out of that error and the main menu looks like ACE and all mods have loaded correctly outside of those errors. On the right is all my @folders.

Now when I enter a mission I get the yellow text starting my Userconfig file is wrong or something then last thing it says is something like this John Doe!= Phobia.

Now I have also tried it starting it this way -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@JSRS;JSRS_ACE. Neither way changes anything.

So I guess my three questions are 1) What is the first error before game launches from? 2)How do I fix the Userconfig yellow text error if I extracted the userconfig folder to correct location? 3) Is JSRS sound mod not acceptable with ACE and is it causing those first errors?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks men

Edited by phobiaOS

Now when I enter a mission I get the yellow text starting my Userconfig file is wrong or something then last thing it says is something like this John Doe!= Phobia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks men

for the bin errors i cant help you....

for userconfig go to ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\userconfig\ace and edit the ace_clientside_config.hpp , go to line 70 or search for John Doe and put your profile name. save it and start the game

Thanks a bunch dragon

Now when I opened it up to edit it I see this

//#define ACE_IDENTITY John Doe

//

//

//

//

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/

#define ACE_IDENTITY John Doe

So do I change it to look like this

//#define ACE_IDENTITY John Doe

//

//

//

//

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/

#define ACE_IDENTITY Phobia

OR do I change the both of the John Doe's?

Also anyone with a idea on the Bin errors please let me know whats going wrong.

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

Another quick question guys.

If I install this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231 should my launch options look like this.

-mod=@CBA_CO;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM

I'm currently using @CBA and @CBA_OA, but I just noticed this @CBA_CO is the file recommended for ACE 1.13. I'm unsure of what combination of CBA's to run.

*Edit*

Edited by phobiaOS
Accident double post

Another quick question guys.

If I install this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231 should my launch options look like this.

-mod=@CBA_CO;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM

I'm currently using @CBA and @CBA_OA, but I just noticed this @CBA_CO is the file recommended for ACE 1.13. I'm unsure of what combination of CBA's to run.

for the john doe, only the second , without //

you can run -mod=@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNa vy;@ACEX_SM

I forgot how to disable the green name labels when close to your own soldiers. Is this something I switched on? Can it be switched off in-game? I prefer a clean screen without text.

Is there a way to call the ACE burn scripts onto an object in the same way one could call the BIS burn scripts? What I mean is I have used the following in the past on a helicopter wreck:

"this = [firelogic,15,time,false,true] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn;"

Is the something similar I can use to call the ACE fire effects?

Thanks Dragon!

i notice that you have error in your exec line -mod=@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNa vy;@ACEX_SM

look at acex_USNavy;

i notice that you have error in your exec line -mod=@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNa vy;@ACEX_SM

look at acex_USNavy;

That should be just old-school anti-spam protection of php / vbulletin.

Yea it was just a typo when writing the line out. It does not have that space in the launch options.

I wrote down the errors I'm getting with ACE last night so if anyone knows the problem.

Launch Options

-mod=@CAB_CO;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy

Mod Versions

@ACE - 1.13 - 522

@ACEX - 1.13 - 353

@ACEX_RU - 1.13 - 64

@ACEX_USNavy - 1.13 - 67

@CBA_CO

I have ARMA 2 and OA, all mods are at location

C:/programfilesx86/steam/steamapps/common/operation arrowhead main folder.

User config has also been added to this location.

Problem

1) I click to launch game and this box instantly appears.

Addon Map_EU requires addon CASigns2

2) I close this box then a complete black screen appears as if the game is trying to load but will hang here.

3) I Then ALT TAB to desk top and behind that black screen is this error

"bin\config.bin/CfgSurfaceCharacters.CRGrassWClutter"

4) Right when I X this error out the ACE loading screen instantly appears, then the game loads normally.

5) Right when the ARMA 2 main menu pops up this last error pops up

"bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/land_boudal.scope"

6) I X out last error then I can play game.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix these errors??

Edited by phobiaOS

forgive me if this is a typo error again, but you say

Launch Options

-mod=@CAB_CO;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy

@CAB_CO ??

edit: all that you need is

Launch Options

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy

cba_co for me in sixupdater is marked "Incompatible"

I have arma2 and arma2 oa and with this line above , working fine.. try...

make your life easier installing six updater/launcher (http://cdn2.withsix.com/software/su/su-setup.exe)

and arma2 lancher. (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241)

both apps is small and harmless for your pc.

Edited by dragonsyr

No you need to specifically tell OA to load the A2 content.

Recommended to use Play withSIX or SIX Updater as it takes care of everything automatically.

If you want you can then carbon copy the launch parameters and make a shortcut if you prefer.

I try to limit the amount of extra programs to a minimum. I had sixer before and did not like it. So I just decided if I'm going to reinstall ACE, I'm going to run it manually.

So sick, I should not use the CBA_CO folder?

Also how do I tell OA to specifically run the A2 content?

What does this do differently than me manually telling the launch options which folders to load?

Lastly, I'm confused about the CBA's. So do I need to find the CBA, CBA_A2, CBA_OA or does CBA_CO contain everything I need?

if i understand right for mods,

you need @CBA for sure,

now if you have arma2 and arma2OA you need also @CBA_A2;@CBA_OA (also you need to force combine both arma's)

if you have arma2co standalone you need only @CBA;@CBA_CO

Edited by dragonsyr

if i understand right for mods,

you need @CBA for sure,

now if you have arma2 and arma2OA you need also @CBA_A2;@CBA_OA (also you need to force combine both arma's)

if you have arma2co standalone you need only @CBA;@CBA_CO

Sorry it's a little confusing. @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA for Combined ops if you don't run OA 1.63 beta patch. Only @CBA_CO if you run a 1.63 beta patch.

Refer to the readme files included with the packages, they describe this.

Why in the world does the ACE 1.13 link on armaholic have all the download links yet only have CBA_CO. I'm not doubting you, but that makes no sense. You would think all the right downloads would be shown so you can launch the mod as intended. I understand most use Sixer and I might have to bite the bullet and install it also. It just does not make sense to me that we are kinda forced to go that route to get mod to run as intended.

---------- Post added at 08:53 ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 ----------

Sorry it's a little confusing. @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA for Combined ops if you don't run OA 1.63 beta patch. Only @CBA_CO if you run a 1.63 beta patch.

Refer to the readme files included with the packages, they describe this.

ok so I need to find the regular CBA and CBA_A2, then just add those and change my launch options to include all three. Do I got this right Sick?

Thanks for the help by the way man

Why in the world does the ACE 1.13 link on armaholic have all the download links yet only have CBA_CO. I'm not doubting you, but that makes no sense. You would think all the right downloads would be shown so you can launch the mod as intended. I understand most use Sixer and I might have to bite the bullet and install it also. It just does not make sense to me that we are kinda forced to go that route to get mod to run as intended.
Simple, officially we (ACE team) only support installing ACE over Play withSIX (replaces the old SIX Updater).

Installing mods for ARMA is fairly complex, let alone the launching especially considering having to load the A2 game as well, beta patch perhaps too, in specific order.

Anything else, like services like armaholic are much appreciated but not provided by us and any issues or questions you have about them you should take up with them or other people who are willing to lend a hand.

However we do have manual installation instructions on the ACE wagn, kindly provided for those who seek adventure.

Edited by Sickboy