Ticket worthy or no? I noticed today that with Eyefinity the ACE goggles, glasses, masks etc, only work on the center monitor. I think they should function like a scope, blacking out or shading peripheral vision.

Other than Arma 3 alpha being around the corner, this is most definitely worth at least a ticket. That's quite a hilarious bug :)

Guys I ran into some probs with the latest CBA / ACE / BETA combination..

For some reason I cant load Ace missions anymore on my dedicated host..

My start line:

Game server starts fine without errors but..

As soon Im trying to load an Ace missions it says Missing addons detected: ace_main , ace_sys_wounds

Im kinda clueless ^^

Where is ./server located? In the root of the game folder I presume?

In any case I suspect the issue is because you need to escape the modline differently on linux.

Perhaps search these BI Forums for keywords: linux server mods, or so.

Will try something, it Always worked with @CBA OA A2.. Kinda strange :)

Will repeat back for solution ^^

Fixed:

Moving some " " did the trick;

Old shortcut:

./server -cfg=basic1337.cfg -config=server1337.cfg -port 2302 -cpuCount=2 -beta=expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion "-mod=@cba_co;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@asr_ ai;serverside;@tpwcas"

New shortcut:

./server -cfg=basic1337.cfg -config=server1337.cfg -port 2302 "-cpuCount=2 -beta=expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion -mod=@cba_co;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@asr_ai;serverside;@tpwcas"
Edited by m0nkm0nk

Haven't played since late last year and running an update, is r589 the most recent ACE update?

hello guys,

i'm relatively new to ace and i've got a problem, that i could not figure out, after literally weeks of searching.

concerning the magzines, or more specific the magazine classnames.

i don't understand the naming convention of the magazines. there are often magazines with different classnames, but with the same display name. do they behave the same ingame? with many weapons magazines there is the old bis-version and a ace equivalent. which one should i choose. i noticed, for example, that with the javelin, you have to eqip the "old" version, because the new version can only attack in direct mode, while the old one can switch modes. i understand, that the game just switches the weapon, when you switch modes...

but back to magazines. could someone explain the naming convention of -for example- the many stanag-magazines. i guess, there is some kind of system, but for now i only understand, that "T" stands for tracers. what for example does the "S" mean? other magazines have "SB" and so on...

also, how does the ace-mod handles the old bis_magazines. are they automatically swapped, or do they behave differently.if they behave differently, what would be the ace equivalent to the normal bis stanag mag? some weapons only have "old" magazines. is this somehow bad? less realistic simulation or something?

you guys are great. acemod is great. but very confusing for editing-newbies!

cheers.

Edited by twistking
english is difficult

May be this will help you: http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Classlists

This list contains all ACE Classes available. In your case check the Magazines subclasses...good luck

well, this list was the origin of my confusion and frankly i don't know how to interpret the "subclasses". i don't understand the whole concept of classes and subclasses. :confused: :(

perhaps, someone could examplary point out the differences between the following magazines/classnames.

30Rnd_556x45_Stanag

30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD

ACE_30Rnd_556x45_S_Stanag

ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_S_Stanag

ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_Stanag

ACE_30Rnd_556x45_T_Stanag

what are the differences in gameplay and from a mission editors point of view: what are the differences between the ace-versions and the bis-versions.

please note: not only do i know nothing about advanced mission editing, i'm also quite clueless about real world military technology.

help is much appreciated! :)

Edited by twistking

Hi ACE developers, when you are going to release ACE v1.14?

When it's done, and it'll be done when patch 1.63 is ready, which will be done when it's done.

;]

30Rnd_556x45_Stanag

30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD

ACE_30Rnd_556x45_S_Stanag

ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_S_Stanag

ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_Stanag

ACE_30Rnd_556x45_T_Stanag

Default mag

Default SD mag

ACE Suppressed mag - used in weapons with silencer

ACE Special Ball Suppressed mag - used in weapons with silencer -> more damage + silenced

ACE Special Ball mag -> more damage

ACE Tracer mag

cool thanks.

so, am i right in assuming, that the "S" variants get handled by the game, depending on your weapon?

let's say. i put a default mag (30Rnd_556x45_Stanag ) in a crate, pick it up and fire it with a supressed weapon, then ace automatically interprets it as "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_S_Stanag".

or the other way round: put "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_S_Stanag" in crate, pick it up and fire it with unsupressed weapon, then it's interpreted as "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"... ?

so, in short it doesnt matter if i put the "S" version in the crate or the version without the "S". righty?

Edited by twistking

Anyone else uncomortable with Twistking and Te$ticle anywhere in the same vicinity?

Hey guys I have a question.

I'm making a force recon replacement pack with binks new fr that I want to work with ACE.

I am nearly finished, however there are 4 units that are not being replaced when ACE is active.

I switched to vanilla and the units were indeed replaced, so I am guessing that ACE changes the classname of these 4 units.

I've done a few google searches and can't find any information on the ACE classnames regarding USMC, I also tried Dev-heven, which linked me to Six Config Browser, but it does not have any USMC units listed.

The 4 units I am having trouble with are Saboteur, Automatic Rifleman, Machinegunner, and Corpsman. I know that machinegunner is added by ACE.

Does anyone know how or where I can find out their ACE classnames?

Hey guys I have a question.

I'm making a force recon replacement pack with binks new fr that I want to work with ACE.

I am nearly finished, however there are 4 units that are not being replaced when ACE is active.

I switched to vanilla and the units were indeed replaced, so I am guessing that ACE changes the classname of these 4 units.

I've done a few google searches and can't find any information on the ACE classnames regarding USMC, I also tried Dev-heven, which linked me to Six Config Browser, but it does not have any USMC units listed.

The 4 units I am having trouble with are Saboteur, Automatic Rifleman, Machinegunner, and Corpsman. I know that machinegunner is added by ACE.

Does anyone know how or where I can find out their ACE classnames?

In CFGpatches add

requiredAddons[] = {"ace_settings_external"};

to the requiredaddons. Ace's ruckless feature will override your replacement mod otherwise

Anyone else uncomortable with Twistking and Te$ticle anywhere in the same vicinity?

You would have to worry, when his name would be 'FistKing'. Take care :)

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

cool thanks.

so, am i right in assuming, that the "S" variants get handled by the game, depending on your weapon?

let's say. i put a default mag (30Rnd_556x45_Stanag ) in a crate, pick it up and fire it with a supressed weapon, then ace automatically interprets it as "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_S_Stanag".

or the other way round: put "ACE_30Rnd_556x45_S_Stanag" in crate, pick it up and fire it with unsupressed weapon, then it's interpreted as "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"... ?

so, in short it doesnt matter if i put the "S" version in the crate or the version without the "S". righty?

Put either the default magazines in the box, the T or the SB. That's all.

In CFGpatches add

requiredAddons[] = {"ace_settings_external"};

to the requiredaddons. Ace's ruckless feature will override your replacement mod otherwise

Thank you Kerc, worked like a charm.

rocko would I be correct in assuming that there will be an ACE update this Friday?

rocko would I be correct in assuming that there will be an ACE update this Friday?

uuhm errr, *scratches head*, hmmmm hm, well ... uhm, hmm, ... maayybeee?

I will start off by apologizing if the answer to this is somewhere in this thread but the time I get to spend playing with ARMA 2 is limited and I will never get a chance to get through 230+ pages looking for the solution. That being said:

I am having some problems creating a mission that has a HALO insertion at the beginning. I am trying to use the ACE HALO script and started out with the following in the init line of each of the player units:

this addweapon "ACE_ParachutePack"; this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2) +1500]; _nil = this spawn {[_this] execvm "\x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout_cord.sqf"; };

The effect was that all of us were in the HALO positions but only the group leader had the capability of pulling the rip cord on a chute. None of the other players had the action available to them and became large lawn darts.

Then I tried the following, just changing the "this" before the calling of the ACE HALO script:

this addweapon "ACE_ParachutePack"; this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2) +1500]; _nil = this spawn { sleep 1; this execvm "\x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout_cord.sqf"; };

This had the effect of all of us falling feet first in combat ready position and none of the players having the ability to deploy their chute. I don't pretend to understand the syntax of all of this yet but I am working on it and would appreciate if anyone could first tell me what I need to do or point me in the right direction of how to set up MP HALO jumps with ACE and/or tell me where I went/am going wrong?

Seems not :(

I will start off by apologizing if the answer to this is somewhere in this thread but the time I get to spend playing with ARMA 2 is limited and I will never get a chance to get through 230+ pages looking for the solution. That being said:

I am having some problems creating a mission that has a HALO insertion at the beginning. I am trying to use the ACE HALO script and started out with the following in the init line of each of the player units:

this addweapon "ACE_ParachutePack"; this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2) +1500]; _nil = this spawn {[_this] execvm "\x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout_cord.sqf"; };

The effect was that all of us were in the HALO positions but only the group leader had the capability of pulling the rip cord on a chute. None of the other players had the action available to them and became large lawn darts.

Then I tried the following, just changing the "this" before the calling of the ACE HALO script:

this addweapon "ACE_ParachutePack"; this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2) +1500]; _nil = this spawn { sleep 1; this execvm "\x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout_cord.sqf"; };

This had the effect of all of us falling feet first in combat ready position and none of the players having the ability to deploy their chute. I don't pretend to understand the syntax of all of this yet but I am working on it and would appreciate if anyone could first tell me what I need to do or point me in the right direction of how to set up MP HALO jumps with ACE and/or tell me where I went/am going wrong?

try the following:

this addweapon "ACE_ParachutePack"; this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2) +1500]; _nil = this spawn {sleep 1; _this execVM "x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout_cord.sqf"};

Kempco, thank you very much. This seems to have fixed my problem though it does have a funny effect when testing it in single player. All of the AI controlled jumpers open their chutes but then disappear, leaving only the chutes which touch down to the ground and then run around each other kicking up dust clouds as they do so. I have dubbed this the "Dance of the Chutes". Quite amusing. When I tested it in multiplayer, any player controlled unit works fine but I think any AI controlled units are not pulling their rip cords or something because they all end up dead. At this point it really doesn't matter though because I am designing the mission as a coop for just a few friends so they can always delete those units that are not being actively played. Again, I thank you, my players thank you, what is left of my hair thanks you. :-) I do have a question to throw out there just out of curiosity...Has anyone seen or know of a script that would allow an AI to actually do a HAHO jump? Opening their chute high and navigating to the drop zone?

hehe :-)

---------- Post added at 03:03 ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 ----------

BTW, ACE rocks, keep grooving

I have a random and out of the blue question that's been nagging at the back of my head every time I see the item in a box and and haunted by it for hours as I try to figure out how to use it. So without anymore delay, what is ACE_MineMarker_Light (Or Flashlight in Gear) used for and how is it used in ACE2? I've tried various things that I can think of before loosing my mind.