For me the Javelin works fine, but have the exact opposite whenever I try taking a Dragon. Pick up the rocket ammo, but the ammo slot gets taken with no picture (i.e. vanishes) and get some sort of CLU-like object. Figured it was re-worked like the Javelin system. Tried grabbing the Dragon's viewer (sorry, can't remember the correct term atm...just woke up and need coffee :P) and hit reload. Nothing. Tried the same with the tube itself and nadda. So I end up throwing it down and finding a RPG or Javelin instead. I just wish the Javelin had a bit more of the Mando touch with manual locks. Perhaps when ArmA 3 comes out, we'll see an even sexier Javelin setup to play with that won't give developers a headache trying to work with. :)

For me the Javelin works fine, but have the exact opposite whenever I try taking a Dragon. Pick up the rocket ammo, but the ammo slot gets taken with no picture (i.e. vanishes) and get some sort of CLU-like object. Figured it was re-worked like the Javelin system. Tried grabbing the Dragon's viewer (sorry, can't remember the correct term atm...just woke up and need coffee :P) and hit reload. Nothing. Tried the same with the tube itself and nadda. So I end up throwing it down and finding a RPG or Javelin instead. I just wish the Javelin had a bit more of the Mando touch with manual locks. Perhaps when ArmA 3 comes out, we'll see an even sexier Javelin setup to play with that won't give developers a headache trying to work with. :)

The dragon is funny, take those items and hit the Ace self interaction key. Surprise

Oh snap! Thanks, Tonci, lol. An obvious thing that should have been attempted, yet I never thought to do that. Whoops!

Explain ACE AI medic to me.

Multiple times I had a problem where the medic refused to heal the wounded soldier. And I don't mean it delayed healing, I mean outright refusing.

It just comes near a wounded soldier (however sometimes it doesn't), stays near him for some short time and then "No can do".

However when I switch to the medic using teamswitch - all that needs done is applying bandages several times and epi/morphine - which helps.

I also give AI medic a lot of bandages, epinephrine and morphine. Or is AI scripted in such way that it needs something else to even begin healing?

I'm so sad, this is the best mod ever but yesterday I realised I had no more optical sight :butbut:

I tried to delete all the ACE and CBA related mods and install these again but still the same problem.

I don't have any crosshair for every weapon with an optical sight (M145, ACOG and else)

Please help me !

arma2oa2013-01-2605-36-50-27.jpg

ive got the same issue its like a delay takes a few seconds for the reticles to appear.

Do you have ACE reticles enabled (ACE options via clippi)? I had issues with that in the past, I haven't enabled it since then. No problems.

I think I remember a while back in ACE2 there was a feature to sling ammo boxes? Does this work with the new sling roping or was it taken out?

OK, I'll try this again. Is there a way to either replace whatever file controls the Self Interactive menu or just disable it all together? I can set up some triggers for my guys to plant satchel charges using the radio and action keys, but I myself have no way of planting them myself.

Similar issue with fires. In the version I download yesterday that version engulfed the showed buildings that hit to catch fire and burn hard. However, Vanilla ACE does not do that either. Can't that be adjusted so the fires burn a little longer? instead o collapsing into dust.

Two questions regarding M1 Abramses.

-Isn't the vertical movement for the commander periscope/M2 view in M1A1s a bit too slow?

-I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get the Remote Thermal Sight for the M1A1 TUSKs working...

In M1A1 only gunner has thermal sight and unfortunately ArmA2 engine doesn't allow you to look into gunner's optics from commander's seat - unless ACE mod somehow enables that.

If that's what you mean of course.

I'm so sad, this is the best mod ever but yesterday I realised I had no more optical sight :butbut:

I tried to delete all the ACE and CBA related mods and install these again but still the same problem.

I don't have any crosshair for every weapon with an optical sight (M145, ACOG and else)

Please help me !

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg314/Neodammerung3333/Others/arma2oa2013-01-2605-36-50-27.jpg

Disable ACE reticels in the userconfig. I had problems with this as well.

I will tell you your problem here.

YOUR VIDEO SETTINGS.

For ACE reticles, you need to have interface size to NORMAL, your 3D and interface resolution at the MONITOR'S NATIVE, and the aspect ratio correct.

... or some combination of these. Not sure. But if you do all that, ACE reticles will be fixed.

Well thanks. So now i know why the scopes don't work. I have edited my FOV. Because playing with 68.75493541569878° FOV (default FOV on a 16:10 monitor) is not a nice experience.

And choosing between that and nicer scopes is an easy choice. But i am curious as to why only the ACOG/PSO/G36/1p29 style scopes are effected. Higher powered scopes work for me.

Well thanks. So now i know why the scopes don't work. I have edited my FOV. Because playing with 68.75493541569878° FOV (default FOV on a 16:10 monitor) is not a nice experience.

And choosing between that and nicer scopes is an easy choice. But i am curious as to why only the ACOG/PSO/G36/1p29 style scopes are effected. Higher powered scopes work for me.

I didn´t change my FOV and I still had those problems. Especially in missions with lots of stuff going on (CPU heavy)

(OT, what FOV did you choose and is there somewhere a guide on how to change it?)

Hey again guys, i have another problem...my interaction key. Ok long story short, when I launch and play ACE via playwithsix my Interaction key works just fine but when I launch and play by Launching OA and enabling the ace stuff my interaction key doesnt work. My self interaction key works just fine. Now the reason why I hate playing ACE through six is I cant enable ACEX_RU, ACE_PLA, EOD and basically any other addon for ACE. So if anyone could tell me how i can use other addons while using play with six then that would be great.

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

Hey again guys, i have another problem...my interaction key. Ok long story short, when I launch and play ACE via playwithsix my Interaction key works just fine but when I launch and play by Launching OA and enabling the ace stuff my interaction key doesnt work. My self interaction key works just fine. Now the reason why I hate playing ACE through six is I cant enable ACEX_RU, ACE_PLA, EOD and basically any other addon for ACE. So if anyone could tell me how i can use other addons while using play with six then that would be great.

Would also like to add yhat i have tried running clippi and ive made sure my name is there.

Simply activate the submods? Oh and ACEX_pla is not for ACE2, it is for ACE.

Add mods via the "add mod" search tool.

It is the simpliest way to start ArmA IMHO.

(OT, what FOV did you choose and is there somewhere a guide on how to change it?)

Look up your arma 2 profiles .ArmA2OAProfile (In "My Documents/...") near the bottom you will find FovLeft (Horizontal) FovTop (Vertical), they are in radians.

Then decide what Fov you want, lets say 85. Now go to google and put in "85 degrees in radians". Google gives us the answer 1.48352986. That is your FovLeft.

Now take the value you got for FovLeft and dive it with your screens width and then multiply it by the screens height. So if you have a 16:9 screen the formula for this example is 1.48352986 / 16 * 9 = 0.83448554625. This is what you put as FovTop.

And thats it.

Any way to disable the ACE cargo system on a given object? I have 1 ammo crate in the main base that is meant to only be used as an action menu source, and I don't want people moving it. Also, I'd rather not disable the whole system, just keep that specific object static (non-drag-able, non-load-able).

Look up your arma 2 profiles .ArmA2OAProfile (In "My Documents/...") near the bottom you will find FovLeft (Horizontal) FovTop (Vertical), they are in radians.

Then decide what Fov you want, lets say 85. Now go to google and put in "85 degrees in radians". Google gives us the answer 1.48352986. That is your FovLeft.

Now take the value you got for FovLeft and dive it with your screens width and then multiply it by the screens height. So if you have a 16:9 screen the formula for this example is 1.48352986 / 16 * 9 = 0.83448554625. This is what you put as FovTop.

And thats it.

May this cause any problems?

May this cause any problems?

There may be some problems with ranging with different scopes.