Error Undefined variable in expression: _blood
File x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\fnc_vchange.sqf, line 3
Error in expression <_bd < 0.55 && {_bd > 0}): {
[_unit, if (_arterial) then {0.0004 } else {0}, 0.00>
 Error position: <_arterial) then {0.0004 } else {0}, 0.00>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _arterial
File x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\XEH_preInit.sqf, line 255

Any one else get these?

Hi, i'm getting the same error, it happens when you shoot with a launcher and the backblast hits an AI unit behind you, i don't know, maybe it's a known issue, should we open a ticket ?

Getting kicked back into the lobby is basically the mission running a "mission failed" script. Has little to do directly with ACE, but rather indirectly with how the mission maker made his mission. You might want to report this as a bug to whoever made the mission, as he's probably the one that needs to fix something. You should try other missions just be sure it really is the mission (say, BIS or ACE default missions, or any of my missions) and not the mod.

Could the missile launcher on the Pandur 8x8 from the ACR DLC be hotfixed? It doesn't fire anything when running ACE. Happy New Year! =)

Posting from my own thread, someone said I could get better help here. Mods please don't delete this delete the thread if you have any issues.

Hi,

Recently I've noticed an issue with ProtectionZone_Ep1 when using ACE. It still blocks users from firing their weapons and throwing grenades ect. But it doesn't seem to stop the bullets from impacting the object on the other side and the grenades seem to blow up after throwing them.

Is this an issue with ACE or what I am confused as I used to run a normal server with the protection zones and there was no issues like this.

Thanks.

@mycatsaid

Crossposting on your own initiative leaving the moderators instructions what (not) to do with your post/thread is not how it works on a forum. Next time you contact a moderator prior to deliberatly breaking the forum rules and you await their instructions!

I have deleted your thread now, next time forum rules apply.

How compatible is ACE with single player? Are there any known features that don't work properly or at all?

Works just fine. The devs were kind enough to make the vast majority of features available as modules, hence, you don't get the problems that ACE for ArmA had.

How can I create a fire on an object so set soething burning in ACE? I have searched everywhere for an answer in vain. Could anyone help me?

I play with a relativity small group of people in Arma and I am the designated pilot, but after installing ACE the TAB targeting doesn't work for the pilot. I understand the realism in it but when there is not enough people willing to be the gunner I need to do most of the shooting. I was wondering if there was a PBO I need to delete to get it working properly again. I can't seem to find anything in aceclippi or the settings in game to fix it, I took the "ace_sys_missileguidance.pbo" out and nothing happened. It is just a pain to only have the features you want in ACE. I just need the tab targeting a lot like the vanilla game. AI seem almost brain dead, they can't lock onto a BMP-2, T-90, anything really with hellfires. so I need tab targeting or a fix for the broken AI. anyone can help me that would be great.

Could we get the laser designator added back to the attack jets (especially the A10)?

It seems ridiculous that the pilot of the A10 doesn't have the ability to know when his bombs are seeing the laser spot from the laser designator on the ground targets. This technology has been around since the 1970s and is known as the "Pave Penny:"

The Lockheed Martin AN/AAS-35(V) Pave Penny is a laser spot tracker carried by US Air Force attack aircraft and fighter-bombers to enable them to track a laser spot on the ground (it does not produce a laser beam itself, so the aircraft cannot launch and guide laser-guided bombs against ground targets without additional hardware). PAVE was later used as an acronym for Precision Avionics Vectoring Equipment.[1]

Pave Penny was developed in the mid-1970s based on the earlier AN/AVQ-11 Pave Sword laser tracker used on a few USAF F-4 Phantom II during the Vietnam War, miniaturized using solid-state electronics.

The compact (31 in / 78 cm) pod, which weighs only 32 lb (14.5 kg) is a simple laser spot tracker that searches for reflected laser light from other laser designators (used by friendly air or ground forces) and displays that target information on the aircraft heads-up display (HUD). Unlike the LRMTS (laser ranger and marked target seeker) systems common to European aircraft, or the more sophisticated ASQ-228 ATFLIR, TIALD, and LANTIRN designators, Pave Penny does not contain a laser. Pave Penny can recognize specific laser designation signals based on pre-determined four-digit codes encoded into the laser pulse, allowing it to seek out particular targets and ignore others (to avoid, for example, several aircraft hitting the same target). It has no range-finding capability. Pave Penny's nominal range is 20 miles (32 km), although effective range is considerably shorter.

The Pave Penny pod was used by USAF A-7D Corsair II aircraft, fuselage-mounted beneath the engine intake, and the A-10 Thunderbolt II, mounted on an external pylon designed specifically for the pod (see photo top right). It was previously used by some F-16 aircraft, although most now use LANTIRN instead. Some pods were also supplied to Singapore, where they are used on that nation's upgraded A-4SU Super Skyhawks.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pave_Penny

Nou has already added laser spot tracking for aircraft equipped with LGBs, should be available next update.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/repository/revisions/6f1466be0d0e920b91b65d7e1435b6ca792a404e

Discussion regarding the lack of HUD indication for laser-designated targets, goes back about a month: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/67889

Just a suggestion, because I do a lot of piloting too, and sometimes the mod features impact the fun - maybe there could be a module you could link to player aircraft that puts tab-targeting back in, or a limited radar? I fly a lot of DCS A-10, so I know it's not particularly realistic, but the actual steps in the A-10 to target and fire a weapon can't be in ACE either, so it's probably just as realistic as the current ACE setup anyway.

Also, I really dig the CCRP setup for the A-10, I remember playing OFP and Arma and stuff like that just not being possible. Problem is, my joystick or 360 paddle can't be used to release the bomb, I have to reach down for the mouse, which is tough if I'm playing from the couch. Could we get a CCIP option?

I know this probably seems kind of demanding, but I want you guys to know that I really enjoy the mod, and love playing it and appreciate how long it's taken to get this far, just thought I'd throw out a couple of things that impact its enjoyment in small areas.

Thanks!

-Gabe

There already is CCIP, it just flows seamlessly into the CCRP, like the Su-25T in DCS World.

I have a condition to check if a shilka is able to move or not. Sometimes after hitting it with a MAAWS-HEAT, it kills the crew, sits and burns. Only until ("IF") it finally blows up will the condition be met. Even though, after being hit with that round, the shilka is immobilized.

Edited by Iceman77

I have a condition to check if a shilka is able to move or not. Sometimes after hitting it with a MAAWS-HEAT, it kills the crew, sits and burns. Only until ("IF") it finally blows up will the condition be met. Even though, after being hit with that round, the shilka is immobilized.

Try this: http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Armor_Damage_System

_tank getVariable ["ace_canmove", true];

Hi, I'm using Sixupdater to update ACE (for CO) and I want to use steam now so It can track my playtime and so I can easily take screenshots.

However when I launch with steam, I get stuck on the ACE logo screen forever.

What am I doing wrong?

This is my launch parameters for steam

"-nosplash -world=empty -skipIntro -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy"

Specs shouldn't be necessary as I run the game fine through sixupdater.

Hi, I'm using Sixupdater to update ACE (for CO) and I want to use steam now so It can track my playtime and so I can easily take screenshots.

What am I doing wrong?

"-nosplash -world=empty -skipIntro -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy"

You're missing CBA_A2 and probably ARMA 2 Original.

Alternatively, you could try Play withSIX, in the Game Settings enable "Use Steam Launcher"

note: PWS by default installs mods to My Documents\ARMA 2, either need to change the Mod installation path, or move the mods.

I have started using ACE wounds along with Columdrum's revive script and so far I really like it. I am curious, would it be possible to up the percentage that a non-medic can bandage wounds. Right now if a non-medic is wounded, they can only bandage themselves if the damage is <=30%. I would like to up that to around 50-60%. They will still require a medic but they can at least stop themselves from bleeding out. Wasn't sure if I could do something like...

player setVariable ["ACE_Whatever_Variable_is",0.50]; 

Thanks,

Nomad

I've searched extensively through google and the forums, no hope on finding this, so let me ask this question here:

Is there a way neutralize G effects for a certain unit? I don't mean minimize it like you see when using a pilot unit, i mean completely zero-ing but just for 1 unit and without having to disable the stamina system, since that also disables rucks.

What am I doing wrong?

I use these launch parameters for "ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta" (I have Arma X):

-nosplash "-mod=L:\S\SteamApps\common\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@JayArma2Lib;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACRE"

"L:\S\SteamApps\common\ArmA 2" - path to Arma 2

"L:\S\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead" - modfolder for "play withSix".

Edited by ffs

I am curious, would it be possible to up the percentage that a non-medic can bandage wounds.

No idea if you can do what you want, but keep in mind that you don't actually need a medic to bandage you in any situation. Even with damage>30%, while you can't bandage yourself, even non-medics can bandage you.

Yesterday i notice that if you make a parajump with mc5 parachute , then you end with a kill.

when you rich the ground , the parachute stay on the ground and the unit pop to 4-5 meters above and then falls to the ground and die.

4 on 5 jumps ends with kill

is this a bug?

Are there any recently updated ACE Evolution or Domination missions out there? I've been looking but haven't found anything. I miss the old days of ArmA1. It seemed everybody was always playing Evolution then Domination.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar