I know I've talked a lot about armor on this forum, but I must ask this. Is there a way I can look in the files and look at the armor values for certain vehicles like a t-72 for example? Something that would tell me how resistant each vehicle is to KE or CE rounds on the front, sides, etc......?

This is the config browser: http://www.six-projects.net/wagn/Six_Config_Browser

Click the link under 'description,' then select a heading tab such as Vehicle or Ammo.

Now search for 't72,' and select a result by clicking on its 'config' link. Make sure to press 'show full.'

Now look for these entries:

ace_armor_hull[] = {{400, 490}, {30, 170}, {30, 170}, {40, 40}, {40, 40}, {200, 200}};

ace_armor_turret[] = {{380, 490}, {160, 200}, {160, 200}, {100, 120}, {40, 40}, {0, 0}};

Those are RHA equivalencies, for front, sides, top, rear and bottom (I think).

Follow these same steps with the Ammo section.

Penetration values in ammo config are called acehit.

ace_hit = 260; So this result tells you that a PG-7V rocket will penetrate the side armor of a T-72A easily, but not the front.

Hey everyone, am having an annoying problem with ACE. The main problem is that the keys don't work at all, i checked out the Config files on the main arma folders and changed the ace identity to my player profile and the keys wont respond. I know ACE work because i have all the other features included with it like the ammo etc, its just the keys wont respond. I cant even open up the self interaction keys or the ACRE radio. Please help!!

Before when we used it, it could sometimes take 3 - 5 bandages to stop bleeding or like 3 eppy to get someone to wake up etc. Maybe that has changed with the new system? I know it's mean't to be realistic but wanted to see if those settings were tweakable at all to better fit with my guys.

This is a stupid question, but I'm guessing I can't change the armor values for my singleplayer missions?

Don't think so, you probably need a mod for that, but you can replace the tank with a better/worse tank or replace the rocket with a better one (not sure if anything is worse than PG-7V though if you want something weaker).

Could someone educate me in the purpose of IV bags, Splints and such? i recall seeing them in ACE for Arma 1 but they appear unusable (So why bother keeping them in?) same with the broken NV/GPS, i was told it was for the Nuke before it was removed?

Hmm interesting question i would like to know this too. Thanks!

Hi everyone

I have a question about suppressed ammo. In the description.ext if I have selectable suppressed and non-suppressed weapons too, which magazine type should I use

ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_Stanag (I guess it is the non-suppressed version) or

ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_S_Stanag (I guess it is the suppressed version) or

maybe both (the player cannot see the difference as the descriptions are the same)???

I know that I need suppressed ammo for suppressed weapons (otherwise AI can hear shots) and I know that if I pick up a suppressed weapon I am supposed to get suppressed magazines automatically but I am a bit confused which type to put in my description.ext.

Thank you for the help in advance

Edited by b1944

Hi everyone

I have a question about suppressed ammo. In the description.ext if I have selectable suppressed and non-suppressed weapons too, which magazine type should I use

ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_Stanag (I guess it is the non-suppressed version) or

ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_S_Stanag (I guess it is the suppressed version) or

maybe both (the player cannot see the difference as the descriptions are the same)???

I know that I need suppressed ammo for suppressed weapons (otherwise AI can hear shots) and I know that if I pick up a suppressed weapon I am supposed to get suppressed magazines automatically but I am a bit confused which type to put in my description.ext.

Thank you for the help in advance

The mags are automatically replaced with proper ammo as needed depending on the weapon so either one would work.

If you're more likely to use suppressed weapons then you can just add ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_S_Stanag so the conversion won't need to happen.

Thank you Robalo for the quick reply. Now a few more strokes and the mission is done. :)

Could someone educate me in the purpose of IV bags, Splints and such? i recall seeing them in ACE for Arma 1 but they appear unusable (So why bother keeping them in?) same with the broken NV/GPS, i was told it was for the Nuke before it was removed?

As some other medical stuff the IV bags are useless right now :P. And the nuke, yes it was removed long ago.

Well probably because of the not screwed up medical system from what I've heard?

In what way is the medical system screwed up?

The medical system in the latest version of ACE is superior to the 1.13 system.

What exactly is your problem with it?

As far as I am aware, one each is all it ever normally takes. Are you still seeing the pain/shock shaders after applying meds, or are you asking because the option to use morphine/epinephrine doesn't go away? Because, and again as far as I am aware, that is as intended.

Agreed, there is very very rarely a time I have had to use moe than one epi. The best way to get someone up on their feet is to apply any sort of bandage to stop bleeding. Continue doing this until bleeding is stopped. Then 1 Epi and 1 morphine regardless of what the examine tells you. This process will 99% of the time bring someone to a conscious state.

With the new medical system, if the hint on the top right indicates that the person is already under the influence of morphine, only epi is required to get the casualty up and running again. Its probably not a good idea to give them another shot of morphine if they're already under the influence as it may cause an overdose.

Attempting to load up ACE for the first time. Every time I enter a game, I immediately get kicked back to the screen as if i'd just been killed. It displays the list of players, deaths, vehicle count etc as if the "I" key was pressed in game. Even with Domination, it shows the long zoom into my character and then boots me.

comman line being used is:

"%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@ACE;@ACEX;@acex_usnavy;@CBA;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2".

Removing the ACE mods loads fine, I can get into games.

I've tried updating with both Six and Armarize with no joy.

Any ideas?

Place the ACE MODs behind CBAs in your String and try again. If the problems remain, start with CBAs and @ACE only, increasing the amount of mods bit by bit.

Oh, and get rid of the steam-app. Use the .exe directly

Try launching with Six as well and disable the option to use Steam to launch the game.

Perhaps an obvious question but the servers you are joining are running ACE?

Hi, I saw from the other threads in the editing section I wasn't allowed to post ACE related questions there, anyways. I'm attempting to do a HALO insertion using the script provided on the wiki however it seems to be bugging out, some players don't receive an option to pull their ripcord and whenever this occurs I have 2 pull ripcords in my action menu, I can't find a cause for it as it sometimes works, and other times will not cooperate. I've put this into the init line of all the units.

s1 addWeapon "ACE_ParachutePack";
s1 setPos [(position s1 select 0), (position s1 select 1), 4000];
_temp = [s1] execVM "\x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout_cord.sqf";
//S1 obviously is dependent on the units name. 

Try launching with Six as well and disable the option to use Steam to launch the game.

Perhaps an obvious question but the servers you are joining are running ACE?

Thanks for the reply. I've tried using Six and just the exe, doesn't matter which way I fire it up. The servers have exactly the same number of mods loaded and same versions (the admin is a friend, we're on teamspeak trying to work through this).

The error happens even when I create my own server. I'll try bringing each of the ACE mods in, one-by-one. I was under the impression that they were all required to function.

If you know the admin have him check the server logs as well... might be something useful there.

Am I allowed to suggest certain things like vehicles to add into the mod? If so, where could I post those suggestions(i'm obviously not going to do it here).

I can load without any of the @ACE mods. As soon as I add @ACE, the problem returns. It appears to be automatically ending the mission. If I create a local server and attempt to play a Takistan mission (I know it's not an ACE mission, but it plays with CBA), on entering the game, it immediately gives me the "you failed the mission" summary message and the time is 0mins. Picking any ACE mission gives the same result, but i'm playing the test ones, so there's no actual mission to fail therefore no "failed" message.

If i join my friend's server, it tells me the mission time was the exact time he's had his mission running for, in this case 2hrs 33min, but he's still in the game.

Am I allowed to suggest certain things like vehicles to add into the mod? If so, where could I post those suggestions(i'm obviously not going to do it here).

Sure, have a look at the first post.

I can load without any of the @ACE mods. As soon as I add @ACE, the problem returns. It appears to be automatically ending the mission. If I create a local server and attempt to play a Takistan mission (I know it's not an ACE mission, but it plays with CBA), on entering the game, it immediately gives me the "you failed the mission" summary message and the time is 0mins. Picking any ACE mission gives the same result, but i'm playing the test ones, so there's no actual mission to fail therefore no "failed" message.

If i join my friend's server, it tells me the mission time was the exact time he's had his mission running for, in this case 2hrs 33min, but he's still in the game.

What about SP (with ace and w/o) missions?