OK so the no "ACE_M4A1_Aim" (only "ACE_M4A1_Aim_F" exists) is a bug I suppose?

Also, taking another look at http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Wounding_System to try figure out what has changed and what all the new items are doing, and there are still a lot more items than what is explained on the wiki page. Before I know some items simply didn't do anything but now I see them included in default loadouts, so was wondering if those items now have a use or what. I'm trying to create custom loadouts (including dynamically assigning medics) for a mission using ACE wounds and want to make sure I include the important stuff while not confusing people with stuff they don't need and/or have no use.

And while I'm here... Setting the variable of the wounding system to false seems to make the unit invulnerable just fine, but setting it back to true doesn't seem to make the unit damage-able again. Am I missing something?

Is there any allowDamage equivalent for the ACE armor system to make ACE armor vehicles invulnerable under some conditions?

Edited by galzohar

How can I config ACE wind options? I know variables for it, but I can't understand where I can use it.

I need your help, guys :)

And another question, who can post classnames for S10 and М15 gasmasks?

How can I config ACE wind options? I know variables for it, but I can't understand where I can use it.

Checked the ACE settings in the main menu?

Didn´t find any S10 or S15 Masks, just the ones for West and East

http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_weapons/classlist

Yes, it's old ACE gasmasks. I meant new gasmask from ACE 1.14 RC1.

It's from magic box:

Checked the ACE settings in the main menu?

Yep, it's only on/off options here. It was okay in 1.13 version, but now we use 1.14 RC1. And when weather turn bad - it's always 7-9+ meters per second (very strong).

Sorry if this topic is somehow bumped ( i tried searching)

Have something gone wrong in the latest ACE updates ? ( like from 2-3 weeks ago? )

Lately..i have had some issues with the LGB. It seems like they have completly lost the tracking.

Iv tried a few controlled tests using soflam and the A10 with LGB`s. From above 500 alt the bombs are completly missing the target( sometimes the impact could not even be seen in the close AO). Tried from approx 2000 + and down to 500 ft.

Laser was put on in same direction as attack angle (vector), but still no joy.

The only time we managed to get a hit was dropping below 500ft and to be quite honest im not sure it was the lasers effort that it hit the mark.

Sjaba...

IFAK content depends on the faction.

How is that working? I couldn't find any connection between the faction and the actual contents. For example takistani millitia have a badnage but chernarus insurgents have morphine, all millitary units I checked had bandage and all 3rd party units I checked had morphine. Is there a reason for this? In any case, it makes it a bit difficult to create loadout scripts that make sense, especially when using the "only medics can use epi/morphine" module which makes the ifak morphine pretty useless (as the medic usually has plenty anyway), while an extra bandage might be more appropriate.

I'm also still trying to find a solution for making units and armored vehicles invulnerable in ACE with no success, so any help with that would be much appreciated.

See: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/67439

How is that working? I couldn't find any connection between the faction and the actual contents. For example takistani millitia have a badnage but chernarus insurgents have morphine, all millitary units I checked had bandage and all 3rd party units I checked had morphine. Is there a reason for this? In any case, it makes it a bit difficult to create loadout scripts that make sense, especially when using the "only medics can use epi/morphine" module which makes the ifak morphine pretty useless (as the medic usually has plenty anyway), while an extra bandage might be more appropriate.

I'm also still trying to find a solution for making units and armored vehicles invulnerable in ACE with no success, so any help with that would be much appreciated.

Yep and civilians have 3 bandages in the IFAK. I agree with your thought about loadouts

Yep and civilians have 3 bandages in the IFAK. I agree with your thought about loadouts

What should they (civilians) have? A condom and two band-aids with Winnie the Poo and Mickey Mouse on it?

Custom loadouts are missionmakers problem. :D

Edited by Guest
drhdsfhyjeydfj

Have something gone wrong in the latest ACE updates ? ( like from 2-3 weeks ago? )

Lately..i have had some issues with the LGB. It seems like they have completly lost the tracking.

Iv tried a few controlled tests using soflam and the A10 with LGB`s. From above 500 alt the bombs are completly missing the target( sometimes the impact could not even be seen in the close AO). .

Yep, i also had some isues but i tought it could be an addon conflict since we were trying with too many addons on. And i havent tested it with ace alone to confirm that is a real issue.

Btw the harrier(AV-8) GBUs are working just fine for me, thats why i though it was a addon compact, but if it happens to more people it may be a real bug :S.

Also the last change i know, was that the bomb need to have visual with the laser.

Edited by columdrum

What should they (civilians) have? A condom and two band-aids with Winnie the Poo and Mickey Mouse on it?

Custom loadouts are missionmakers problem. :D

You're missing the point. Mission maker cannot really control the IFAK. You can add/remove stuff from it, but you can't control which items can go in there, at least not as far as I'm aware. Being able to change what can go in the IFAK would be great, but just getting the IFAK slots available to have some sort of consistency would be more than good enough. Xeno said they depend on faction, but I couldn't really figure out the logic behind why faction X has this IFAK while faction Y has that IFAK.

When you want to make a relatively symmetric PvP mission but some standard armies have different IFAKs than other standard armies (and even terrorists/guerrillas don't have consistency), then there's a problem, and thus the difference needs to have a very good realism-based reason to exist. Right now, to me it looks like a simple oversight rather than having an actual reason for some units to have morphine while others have a bandage.

Voted.. .this has bugged me for a while now.

Voted.. .this has bugged me for a while now.

I thought I was doing something wrong rather than an actual bug maybe you should post a comment too and I'll try make a repro mission.

As for armored vehicles, I think it's more of a missing feature rather than a bug (ACE wounds has a variable that should work, but I couldn't find one for the armor system), unless the feature exists and I'm the one who is missing it.

Ha I thought the same thing... that it was just me :p. I've looked for the vehicle equivalent but have not found it either.. the usual allowDamage and eventhandlers don't seem to have any effect.

Edit: saw your dev-heaven post - does allowDamage work in SP only for units?

Edited by SavageCDN

It seems you have to run the allowDamage command on all machines for it to apply. This has nothing to do with ACE. In ACE, though, it used to be impossible to make units invulnerable by using this command, but now it seems to work (again, as long as it is ran on all machines, and I still haven't tested it thoroughly enough). In SP obviously you only have 1 machine, which makes things easier.

Vehicles that don't use the ACE armor system work the same as normal units. However ACE armor system changes the whole damage handling and thus normal means of applying invulnerability do not work, and of course nobody here could find if there is some variable that can be set to make them invulnerable to the ACE armor system as well.

I have an addon maker making us units, but there is no good documentation for addon makers for ACE compatibility. Were on the ACE site and he needs to make them ACE IFAK compatible but the documentation explains nothing about it. Any help?

I have an addon maker making us units, but there is no good documentation for addon makers for ACE compatibility. Were on the ACE site and he needs to make them ACE IFAK compatible but the documentation explains nothing about it. Any help?

What do you mean by compatible?