The main problem with aiming sticks is finding the damn things in your optics for out-of-traverse fire missions, then correcting for parallax error. The basic employment of mortars isn't so hard, but expertise and practice is needed here. Aiming sticks also don't work on uneven terrain, which means you need a team at base.

Certainly not. All you have to do is use the Op.+ and Op.- buttons to adjust how high/low the sight is looking, and you should see the aiming sticks without a problem. Look, I'm not saying you can use it if you decide to deploy the mortar on a 70 degree slope or something, of course you have to place it on terrain that's flat enough, just like IRL, which shouldn't be too hard to find.

Mortar operation is quite ok and even a single person can do it. Sure, it lasts a little bit, but no one can expect you to operate that single-manned.

Another weird problem occurs whenever I try to "shift" the mortar left or right to turn in into right direction. I click "shift left" or "shift right", then tap backward, everything is fine. But I can not leave this stance by right mouse button or ESC or anything. The only trick to leave that stance is to press the crouch key. But if i want to move after that, the "carry soldier" animation is played. The only way to quit that is to go "prone" and the invisible "body" is dropped to the floor. Any suggest what might go wrong?

Got no other animations-mod or something like that. It's reproduceable and rather time consuming.

How do you quite the "shift" mode?

AFAIK you're supposed to use the crouch button, so the animation thing ought to be a temporary bug.

Crouch button is quite ok for me.

What I forgot: Even if I get in the mortar as gunner after "crouching out" without moving and then getting out again, the animation is played as soon as I walk one step.

I remember few months ago I played with the default face in the ace clippi, which makes the player's face te same as it set in the clippi whenever he puts glasses or masks, the only problem was tht other players faces would become the same as you set in the clippi, and for them it's the same as they set it.

It means if I put "custom" as my default face, whenever someone will put mask or glasses his face will become my default face, and he will see it as his default face.

Would that ever be fixed?

With 9600GT I don't see how you're running 40 FPS at high settings unless you're doing it in the middle of nowhere. Make sure when you compare FPS that you are doing both tests at the same location looking at the same scene at the same direction. With i7-920 and HD6870 (both much better than yours) I can easily get 60 FPS in a lot of places that are rather empty but drop down to 20-30 (and occasionally stutter even lower) if I set everything to max and view a "heavier" scene. None of this has anything to do with ACE, of course.

Certainly not. All you have to do is use the Op.+ and Op.- buttons to adjust how high/low the sight is looking, and you should see the aiming sticks without a problem. Look, I'm not saying you can use it if you decide to deploy the mortar on a 70 degree slope or something, of course you have to place it on terrain that's flat enough, just like IRL, which shouldn't be too hard to find.

Maps like Clafghan have a distinct dearth of non-wooded flat areas, and stakes can easily disappear if the land drops off in front of the tube, but that's all to be expected.

The real problem (besides the others I mentioned) is that the stake-placing script that ACE uses is unreliable on rough ground, and doesn't always line them up accurately. So you effectively start off with parallax error through stakes that are offset.

How do I use the CCRP Consent Release system? Do I have to be at a certain height and angle? Usually by the time I see the target circle I'm very close to the ground and not on target.

Edit: That's weird. It seems my problem only happens on the Sangin map I downloaded. In Takistan I see the broken line and circle at the bottom. In Sangin I only see the broken line. I don't see the circle, it seems, until I get at a certain angle and height, and sometimes it still doesn't happen.

Edit 2: How do I use the Mortar? Can you use the scope to aim into the area where you want it drop? I was on the airfield, I aimed to one side of the runway with the scope and it keeps dropping on the opposite side, same exact place everytime. I Could probably record it to show you what I mean, if needed.

Edited by Warsaw

CCRP consent release works on the concept that you are not yet within range to the target but you are consenting to the aircrafts bomb release system that you want the bomb to release when it is within range. You have to hold down the pickle till the bomb releases, holding it down implies consent. The BRC (bomb release cue) will fall down the now solid line till it reaches FPM (flight path marker, the little O with 3 lines sticking out). If you are really far away the fall line will flash 3 times. This means you are within lofting range, which means if you pull up now to say a 30 degree angle the bomb will release sooner and follow a ballistic arch to the target. If you decide to continue to fly straight and level the BRC will have jumped back up the screen and will begin to fall again to the FPM. When it reaches the FPM this time the bomb will shack and fall to the target. You have to be holding the pickle the entire time this is occuring and flying the FPM on the fall line.

Mortars, check youtube, or a in this thread. Its fairly complex initially but very fast once you get the hang of it.

There are some extremely wacky ways people have invented to do it (and its pretty interesting to see the ingenuity put forth), so finding the "right" way might be a bit hard. :p

Yeah, like I said CCRP works fine in Takistan etc. But on the Sangin map it only showed the broken line, and the aiming circle would only show up randomly, when you held down the mouse button. And you also had to be on an angle and about 100 feet from the ground. Just a bug on Sangin I guess.

And thanks I'll check out some mortar videos on youtube.

Edited by Warsaw

Can I disable "drag" function on static weapons / ammo boxes in some way?

Edited by cuel

In addition to the above question I would like to know is there any way to disable some features like "stamina" "G-force" etc. I mean not like placing "No stamina" module in a mission, but permanently.

Edited by helldesign

Maps like Clafghan have a distinct dearth of non-wooded flat areas, and stakes can easily disappear if the land drops off in front of the tube, but that's all to be expected.

The real problem (besides the others I mentioned) is that the stake-placing script that ACE uses is unreliable on rough ground, and doesn't always line them up accurately. So you effectively start off with parallax error through stakes that are offset.

They'll always be placed correctly in front and behind of each other. Unless the ground is way too rough for you to actually be able to use the mortar would it be in real life, you should be good raising/lowering one of the sticks. If that doesn't work, just pick it up and put it closer to the mortar.

@Nou. I can't see the BRC, it sort of doesn't turn up. Is that common, i.e. is there some fix you know that would help?

They'll always be placed correctly in front and behind of each other.

Err, what do you imagine I am talking about, if not personal experience? Whatever script ACE uses is not perfect (not surprising given ArmA's complex environment).

I'm not really sure I do know what you're talking about, as the problem you're describing is something I have yet to come across after having used the mortar for quite a while now. If the terrain is too rough for you to be able to see the aiming sticks, use the Op. buttons to see them. If that doesn't work, raise/lower the sticks. If that doesn't work, move them closer. If that doesn't work, you must've gone out of your way to find such rough terrain for your mortar as far as I can tell.

As every developer knows, glitches that afflict 100% of users are just the easy ones.

Just went and dropped a mortar onto the field east of Novy Sobor. Close-together topo lines on the map but not enough slope to even slow down a car. The stakes are offset and so is the optic's aimpoint.

The mortar's aimpoint is irrelevant for elevation, it only goes for bearings. The sticks are for bearings, and I've never ever seen them deploy in a way that doesn't allow you to see them if you aim your sight up or down a bit. The sticks are simply on ground higher than what your sight is aiming at. The sight is hardly offset from the start, as it will aim in the bearing of the aiming sticks by default.

That's all I can say really. It sounds more like you're a bit unfamiliar with the mortars than there being anything wrong with them.

I am playing 1.13 version for a long time and i would like to update ACE to 1.14 RC but without SixUpdater or Joma i wont to install it manually.

Thing is that i cant find :o any links for download not on Dev Heaven page where i have registered nor on ACE Wiki where download does not work but only redirects.

I need some help guys hit me with some links please. There are more and more server i cant get in coz incompatibility issue.

TonÄi pomoć.

I am perfectly familiar with the mortars. You're just choosing not to understand my posts. If, after placing the mortar in the editor, the sight unit is aimed to the left of aiming posts that are slightly offset, there is nothing your familiarity can do to resolve the situation, as no fixed aimpoint exists with any degree of accuracy.

I am playing 1.13 version for a long time and i would like to update ACE to 1.14 RC but without SixUpdater or Joma i wont to install it manually.

Thing is that i cant find :o any links for download not on Dev Heaven page where i have registered nor on ACE Wiki where download does not work but only redirects.

I need some help guys hit me with some links please. There are more and more server i cant get in coz incompatibility issue.

TonÄi pomoć.

Can't find any links for Six Updater? Or what? Six Updater can be downloaded from here, and I don't believe it requires being logged in:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/files

As every developer knows, glitches that afflict 100% of users are just the easy ones.

Just went and dropped a mortar onto the field east of Novy Sobor. Close-together topo lines on the map but not enough slope to even slow down a car. The stakes are offset and so is the optic's aimpoint.

Yea, leveling isn't done correctly in the mortar initialization script right now I think.

In real life you'd level the mortars sight unit so everything is aligned flat with the earth, then you'd run your aiming stakes out... Right now its sorta "backwards".

I might look into it for rocko tmrw or something. Also I need to probably adjust the explosion effects for the 81mm HE rounds. They look like 203mm rounds going off according to some of the videos I am seeing posted! :D

TonÄi pomoć.

You'll have to use Play withSIX or the older SIX Updater to grab the latest ACE-dev builds from official sources.

A new stable will probably be released soon as well. Only stable releases are distributed casually.

Hi ,

I got some question about vanilla repairing script

here is the code;

init.sqf

if ! isdedicated then {repair_allowed = 1;};

[player] execVM "repair_script\repair.sqf"; 

an object named mechanic_shed

in the init place

this addAction ["Machanic Skill", "repair_script\mechanic_replenish.sqf"];

mechanic_replenish.sqf

if ! isdedicated then                                   
{
   _per = _this select 1;

if (_per hasWeapon "ACE_Wirecutter") then
     {               	  
         	repair_allowed = 1;
			_per switchMove "AinvPknlMstpSnonWrflDnon_medic3";
			sleep 3;
			_per switchMove "AinvPknlMstpSnonWrflDnon_medicEnd";
			hint parseText format["<t color=""#80FF00"">you have recieved 1 Mechanic repair skill, you may now repair 1 vehicle!!!</t>"];

} else
      {
	 hint parseText format["<t color=""#FF3300"">You need to carry a Wire-Cutter to be able to get a mechanic repair skills!</t>"];
      };

};	

and repair.sqf

if ! isdedicated then                                   
{

_crewType = ["USMC_SoldierS_Engineer","US_Soldier_Engineer_EP1","BAF_Soldier_EN_W","BAF_Soldier_EN_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_EN_MTP","Soldier_Engineer_PMC","CDF_Soldier_Engineer","US_Delta_Force_Air_Controller_EP1"];

if (count _this > 1) then 
{
if (typeof player in _crewType) then 
{

if (player hasWeapon "ACE_Wirecutter") then 
	  {		  
	        if (repair_allowed == 1) then
               {			
              (_this select 1) playMove "ActsPercSnonWnonDnon_carFixing2";
              (_this select 0) setDammage 0;
              (_this select 0) setFuel 1;
			  sleep 15;
			  (_this select 1) switchMove "AinvPknlMstpSnonWrflDnon_medicEnd";
			  repair_allowed = 0;
			  hint parseText format["<t color=""#80FF00"">Vehicle Repaired!!!!!!, You have no repairs ability left, Return to Engineer Service Point To get more Mechanic repair skills.</t>"];
	        } else
               {
			  hint parseText format["<t color=""#FF3300"">You have no repairs ability left please return to Engineer Service point at base to get another mechanic repair skill!</t>"];
               };				  

} else
          {
		 hint parseText format["<t color=""#FF3300"">You need to be in posession of a Wire-Cutter to be able to get mechanic skills!</t>"];
          };

} else
   {
    hint parseText format["<t color=""#FF3300"">Only Engineers are qualified to repair vehicles!</t>"];
   };	
};

if (!isNil ("vehicleRepairInitiated")) exitWith {};
vehicleRepairInitiated = true;
waitUntil {sleep 1; alive player};

while {true} do 
{
{

if (!(_x getVariable ["RepairsInitiated", false])) then 		
	{

//_id = _x addAction [("<t color=""#FF3300"">" + ("Repair Vehicle") +"</t>"), "repair_script\repair.sqf", [], 1, false, true, "", "(Damage _target) > 0.3 AND (side _this) == WEST  AND (vehicle _this) == _this AND (_this distance _target)<6 "];
           _id = _x addAction [("<t color=""#FF3300"">" + ("Repair Vehicle") +"</t>"), "repair_script\repair.sqf", [], 1, false, true, "", " (Damage _target) < 1 AND (Damage _target) > 0 AND (side _this) == WEST  AND (vehicle _this) == _this"];
		_x setVariable ["RepairsInitiated", true, false];
	};	
} foreach vehicles;
sleep 5;

};

};

Ok , after some test , i could make it work with repair most of vehicle (Air , Car) but not with ;

- Tank (M1A1 , M1A2)

- Armor Vehicle

If this script had run with non ACE then i could see "repair vehicle" menu and repair the damaged Tank or Armor Vehicle with no problem.

So my question is,

How could we make the script that let engineer class repairs damaged Tank or Armored vehicle on ACE ? do we have specific vehicle class with this one?

Edited by outlaw

I might look into it for rocko tmrw or something. Also I need to probably adjust the explosion effects for the 81mm HE rounds. They look like 203mm rounds going off according to some of the videos I am seeing posted! :D

Happy to hear it!

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/39871

(On second thought, the smoke effect from the Warrior's 40mm CTWS might be a good fit if possible.)