Hmm ok, I've seen it go back to default values sometimes.

Is the beta required for the latest ace (579) or not? I don't play DayZ :)

Edited by dikkeduif

Hmm ok, I've seen it go back to default values sometimes.

Hm, that shouldn't happen. I hope it's not a bug/problem in the profileNamespace implementation of the game...

Does anybody else have the same problem ?

Is the beta required for the latest ace (579) or not? I don't play DayZ :)

No, you can use the normal 1.62 full patch, no beta required. Saving settings for example is implemented in a way that it makes use of the clipBoard if no profileNamespace is available (it was added in a beta patch) and otherwise it still uses the clipboard.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Basically if you use the latest beta then also use the latest version of ACE because the way settings are stored changed due to changes in the beta.

One thing I have noticed, not sure if it has to do with running ACE on a DayZ server but the weapon resting system only works if you open your ACE settings, then remap weapon resting to the same keys you have it set to already. Just something I'd like to throw out there. It only takes a few seconds to remap so it is not a big deal but just something I noticed =P Keep up the fantastic work!

Is there a memory leak or something that just got introduced with the new ACE version? It seems after an hr or so editing and than going to play it on MP, the game just stutters and lags horribly and I have to re-open arma for it go away. I only started to notice this on the latest ACE version, and nothing else was updated. Expect maybe the ARMA 2 BETA patch that got updated with it when I did a SixUpdater Update All Mods.

No other addons were installed or anything on my side, just updating ACE.

My buddy also experiences this too, it happens at random mostly. Anyone notice this?

Is there a memory leak or something that just got introduced with the new ACE version? It seems after an hr or so editing and than going to play it on MP, the game just stutters and lags horribly and I have to re-open arma for it go away. I only started to notice this on the latest ACE version, and nothing else was updated. Expect maybe the ARMA 2 BETA patch that got updated with it when I did a SixUpdater Update All Mods.

No other addons were installed or anything on my side, just updating ACE.

My buddy also experiences this too, it happens at random mostly. Anyone notice this?

Look at the latest Arma beta thread. Tons of reports of massive slowdown after a while or during certain AI situations. In other words I wouldn't be running that latest beta.

Look at the latest Arma beta thread. Tons of reports of massive slowdown after a while or during certain AI situations. In other words I wouldn't be running that latest beta.

Ah, didn't think to look there, just did a broad search on forums and Google. Thanks man!

Hm, that shouldn't happen. I hope it's not a bug/problem in the profileNamespace implementation of the game...

No, you can use the normal 1.62 full patch, no beta required. Saving settings for example is implemented in a way that it makes use of the clipBoard if no profileNamespace is available (it was added in a beta patch) and otherwise it still uses the clipboard.

Xeno

Hi, just wanted to report that i updated to 579 version and it reset all my keybinding to default, i thought i had to open clippi, then launch ace and redo all my bindings. so now for betas eg. 98220 the keys are saved to userprofile ala "nickname.vars.ArmA2OAProfile" file? Is that what that file is for? I noticed that new file been created.

I was using version 575 before and update straight to 579 FYI... But IMHO i still prefer the copy all text to settings.ace file overwrite and save method, haha! :P

Hey, this is a great mod, but for some reason I've started to have unlimited bandages. I mean, some people may not see this as an issue, but for me it makes me feel like I am cheating. :( It doesn't seem to matter if I am in a medic class or not, or even what server I am on. The other people on my unit's server don't have unlimited bandages, just me.

Is there any way to figure out how this is happening? I've tried reinstalling ACE, but that didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure you aren't healing friends and using their bandages from ruck or inventory?

Are you sure you aren't healing friends and using their bandages from ruck or inventory?

That is really the only thing I could think of, the unit I play with is required to carry 8 of each (Bandage, Morphine, Epi; +4 medkits). But, I am unsure.

A good test is to carry 1 bandage and have the 'Subject' carry 0 and wound him. See if you have unlimited after that? Because ACE Wounds uses the wounded soldier's bandages before using the medic's. The only time it starts to use the medics is if the wounded soldier doesn't have any on them.

A good test is to carry 1 bandage and have the 'Subject' carry 0 and wound him. See if you have unlimited after that? Because ACE Wounds uses the wounded soldier's bandages before using the medic's. The only time it starts to use the medics is if the wounded soldier doesn't have any on them.

Has ACE always worked this way or is this a recent change. I have to say I always thought it used your medic supplies only and one had to actually pull them from the injured player to use them.

Xeno

I noticed the same thing the other day when I updated ace and found my ace keybindings defaulted on next play. I restarted a couple times, adding the settings back in. After the second time, the settings stuck so I never bothered reporting it.

Well, I tested it on myself both as a medic and as a regular Automatic Rifleman (Trying with both a rucksack and no ruck on both). I still seem to have infinite bandages. Even when I only have the two bandages and CAT (with nothing in the pistol ammo slots).

did anything happen to the code of throwing nades ? i saw nades jumping in multiplayer is back again like it was before in a version. can´t remember what version it was, but it was fixed.

it looks normal when you throw the granade, but if you watch an other player it moves very strange. like correcting the flightpath in a strange way.

Okay so what I'm trying to accomplish is pretty simple, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

I am trying to place the EASA vehicle onto the deck of the USS Nimitz aircraft carrier (Mod linked here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?115296-USS-Nimitz). I tried both the noHangar and LHD commands as well as a [this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 18] command to set it on top of the deck. Though only the LHD commands seems to remotely do what I need, and still it's placed too low, the setposASL seem to be ignored?

Any ideas? Or is that simply the modules cannot be adjusted in height?

so now for betas eg. 98220 the keys are saved to userprofile ala "nickname.vars.ArmA2OAProfile" file? Is that what that file is for?

Right, the game itself creates it. So if you change your profile you also have to adjust your settings again if the vars file does not exist for it.

But IMHO i still prefer the copy all text to settings.ace file overwrite and save method, haha! :P

That method won't come back :)

I noticed the same thing the other day when I updated ace and found my ace keybindings defaulted on next play. I restarted a couple times, adding the settings back in. After the second time, the settings stuck so I never bothered reporting it.

Please try again with todays update. I've changed the detection of the profile namespace a little bit. If it's still happening then we have to report it to BI.

Correct. The last two betas make the game unplayable for many people. Not only with mods but also for vanilla OA (lock ups, freezes). No problems with beta 98148.

Hey, this is a great mod, but for some reason I've started to have unlimited bandages.

Is there any way to figure out how this is happening?

Please tell me if it is still happening with todays update.

Has ACE always worked this way or is this a recent change. I have to say I always thought it used your medic supplies only and one had to actually pull them from the injured player to use them.

Yes it has always worked this way.

did anything happen to the code of throwing nades ?

Scripted grenade throw or normal ?

;2247784']With AI grass viewblock module we can activate grass in prone position via ACE interaction menu key.

Update and it should not happen anymore...

Any ideas? Or is that simply the modules cannot be adjusted in height?

There is currently no way to adjust the height' date=' afair. Let's see if we can do something about it.

SIX Config Browser was recently updated to reflect ACE 1.14 RC1 and A2+OA 1.62.

Poor Sickboy, now you have to update the config browser again because some great new weapons slipped into todays release... :D

Some hundred (or even more) changes were made to ACE in the last two days. All of them fall into the "optimization" category. So if you find script errors (RPT or on screen if showscripterrors is enabled) please report them asap to our tracker so we can get rid of them and get 1.14 stable out as soon as possible.

Xeno

some great new weapons slipped into todays release...

I only found M14s (as the changelog says). Is that all?

scripted.

Expected, because of some changes in the throw code. Before the changes the additional grenade geometry got often stuck on the player model and the grenade fell in front of the player feet (engine issue).

Or is that simply the modules cannot be adjusted in height?

I should have looked before answering yesterday. Use this setVariable ["LHD", true] in the logic init field. In the next release you can also change the height by simply using this setVariable ["heightASL",123].

Xeno