I see, ... I'm supposed to know such things :o

Thanks, assigned it for ya.

_b-wFA2na2Y

Isn't there a "handheld mode" for lightweight mortars in ACE2? Of course not that precise but faster to deploy and withdraw. :)

Do not quote embedded videos!! Isn't there a "handheld mode" for lightweight mortars in ACE2? Of course not that precise but faster to deploy and withdraw. :)

Not that I have seen and don't think so.

Edited by Foxhound
removed quoted video!

There is no light weight baseplate for the M224 in ACE. Also its meant entirely for direct firing, and it can't be used with anything higher than charge 1 I believe.

The T&E system for that would be very simple, as in what it is like in real life. There is a little scale on the handle/trigger assembly on the tube, and you roughly lay it so its aligned to a range and then you pull the trigger.

Also you'd not want to use this for firing dozens of rounds as the tube gets extremely hot.

There is no other system like this for mortars of higher calibers, as trying to hold a 81 or 120 would probably result in very bad things happening.

Honestly direct firing is easier in the new system than it was in the old system. You just boresight the sight unit on the target, get the range, look that up in the range table and dial it in on the elevation and elevate the tube to level the bubble. Then just start firing rounds.

There is no light weight baseplate for the M224 in ACE. Also its meant entirely for direct firing, and it can't be used with anything higher than charge 1 I believe.

The T&E system for that would be very simple, as in what it is like in real life. There is a little scale on the handle/trigger assembly on the tube, and you roughly lay it so its aligned to a range and then you pull the trigger.

Also you'd not want to use this for firing dozens of rounds as the tube gets extremely hot.

There is no other system like this for mortars of higher calibers, as trying to hold a 81 or 120 would probably result in very bad things happening.

Honestly direct firing is easier in the new system than it was in the old system. You just boresight the sight unit on the target, get the range, look that up in the range table and dial it in on the elevation and elevate the tube to level the bubble. Then just start firing rounds.

I agree it isn't TOO bad once you understand the instructions (not that there are any). The problem is nobody has documented it properly anywhere. I followed at least 2-3 sets of documentation put out by clans/squads (not easy to find) and there was always something that was just slightly off in being able to follow properly. The biggest being leveling the bubble. I was able to finally get it right after asking on the forums here and after a bit of back and forth finally figured out what I was doing wrong.

It would be nice if someone would put together a PDF manual with screen captures and referring to exactly what buttons and keys to use to line things up.

Yea, I apologize for the lack of documentation on it. It really needs it, because it is a fairly complex process. I keep putting documentation off myself though because I am constantly looking to improve things (for example, replacing the dialog on the M119 with a 3D model of the M137 sight and M187 quadrant mount).

Yea, I apologize for the lack of documentation on it. It really needs it, because it is a fairly complex process. I keep putting documentation off myself though because I am constantly looking to improve things (for example, replacing the dialog on the M119 with a 3D model of the M137 sight and M187 quadrant mount).

Understandable. You guys should maybe try recruiting folks to just do documentation or have you tried that. Probably not easy!!

No one likes documentation when things are constantly changing.

I am always up for helping people with artillery related questions though. PM or find me on skype or over at UO on their TS server (UO loves arty too, so there are also plenty of people there that can help).

NN: is there a way to quickly operate the cannons, for example M119, when firing directly? We tried bunch of settings, but couldn't lower the cannon to hit a target directly. Also, optics show a certain direction but when you check the cannon its facing into completely different place. We tried toying around with base, but couldn't lower the tube to a wanted level.

As asked, a few pages below.

What is wrong with the knockback feature?

Has it been removed? Is it bugged?

All I know it's still on ace settings -> keys, but the key is not working..

As promised, after nearly a year since last official release, here's ACE 1.14 RC1 release! http://wiki.ace-mod.net/ACE_1_14_RC1

Enjoy!

(Changelog formatting is being improved, and a SIX Config Browser update is also planned soon)

Edited by Sickboy

Can anyone share any insight on the experimental grass viewblock feature?

The grass already blocks AI vision in a flawed sort of way, and it may be hard to test what the ACE feature adds. What improvements should we look for?

As promised, after nearly a year since last official release, here's ACE 1.14 RC1 release! http://wiki.ace-mod.net/ACE_1_14_RC1

Enjoy!

(Changelog formatting is being improved, and a SIX Config Browser update is also planned soon)

Is this the update mentioned a few pages back by Xeno?

anyone else getting a lot of "error in expression errors from a lot of the ace functions with newest beta (98443)?

File x\ace\addons\sys_destruction\fnc_airdestruction.sqf, line 90

Error in expression <_v,[0,0,0], "destructionEffect1"];

};

while {_int > 3 && {(_v getVariable "ace>

Error position: <while {_int > 3 && {(_v getVariable "ace>

Error Generic error in expression

File x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\fnc_burnmen.sqf, line 34

Error in expression <_v,[0,0,0], "destructionEffect1"];

};

while {_int > 3 && {(_v getVariable "ace>

Error position: <while {_int > 3 && {(_v getVariable "ace>

File x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\fnc_burnmen.sqf, line 34

this is just from an a10 placed on shapur map shooting at enemy group on runway, thats it. just thought i'de ask before opening an issue ticket.

I am also having a problem with ACE Fast-Roping. I am working on a helo addon and for some reason in multi-player we cannot fast-rope successfully. The units start to fast-rope and then get transported onto the top of the aircraft. I can fast-rope successfully in single-player with me and another grouped unit, but not multi-player. Any ideas? Thanks.

Can anyone explain how a new AI grass viewblock works?

How exactly does it determine whether AI vision is obscured and by how much?

In the new version, it seems that putting magazines into your rucksack causes other magazines that remain in your inventory lose about a third of their current bullets (or sometimes all except one of their bullets). Can anyone verify that this is caused by the new patch, and not the server? I think everyone on the server I played on was affected.

You must be running the latest beta's for this release.

When you say "latest beta" do you mean the "latest that's available on Six Updater 98220" or "latest period which is 98443"?

Because even with 98220 I'm seeing the same thing Burneddi is. Place a unit on the map with a backpack (ACR SF Des Scout) enter Gear, Pack your current mags, unpack some mags, pack them again, then unpack them and some will go from 30 rounds to 17 rounds without ever having fired a shot. More packing and unpacking will affect even more mags.

Actually, the same thing is happening with 98443, 30 round mags turning into 17 after packing/unpacking.

The whole exploit that this was meant to fix is still possible if you drop your ruck then take (via action menu) mags from it. Nearly empty mags will end up full when you take them from the dropped ruck.

Issue has been reported on the ticket system.

Edited by kylania

Is there any way to fix the way that backpacks sit on models? Like possibly the ability to disable them or something? It's not really a huge deal, it just annoys me sometimes when I see units running (or even myself) and there bags look all tilted and half on .

ACE 1.14 RC1

Beta 98443

when mi-8 hip is down

Error in expression <s;

_expl setPosASL getPosASL _v;

};

};

while {_i < 1200 && {((velocity _v selec>

Error position: <while {_i < 1200 && {((velocity _v selec>

File x\ace\addons\sys_destruction\fnc_airdestruction.sqf, line 90

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9365/hip8down.jpg

You might want to put that on the Wiki. At the moment it just says 1.62 required. It'll save you repeating yourself a thousand times (well, probably not but still)

Meanwhile, rollin' back the repo! :)

Thanks for the headsup guys.

The Beta requirement was an unintended side-effect, sadly we weren't fully aware until just an hour ago.

The Beta requirement and other bugs, like the expression errors, have been solved in the meantime and released on SIX Updater.

Again a new key+bisigns, apologies for the hassle. Server admins please upgrade asap. Players please be patient while servers are being updated :)