For the following please note that:

1) I have tried the following with Kegety's ArmA2 Launcher and also a shortcut with command line parameters/switches

2) ACE Clippi is run as administrator

3) Proper player profile selected in ACE clippi

I cannot get ACE clippi to save an in-game key changes with any ArmA2 beta build greater than 96895.

When I try using the ACE mod with these later versions (97239 and 97127) I see either:

a) the global/groupChat message that ACE Settings are saving in-game BUT no follow-up message to save them from the clipboard or to use ACE clippy

or

b) message in white in the game start-up menus BUT no corresponding message confirming that the settings were saved to "\settings.ace"

I wonder if it has something to do with the latest "[97106] Changed: copyFromClipboard now does nothing in MP, copyToClipboard does nothing in MP on clients."

Discussed here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140273-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-97127-(1-62-MP-compatible-build-post-1-62-release)

But from my limited scripting experience I thought this change would only apply to MP games?! I also wonder why the ACE config reverts back to default with builds >96895 but restores my previously altered and saved changes <= build 96895.

===

Also in an somewhat related matter, when I was trying to diagnose this problem I have difficulty trying to figure out why a "vars.ArmA2OAProfile" profile file is created in my documents with extra information contained therein, and if I should indeed be using this profile selection with ACE clippi and ArmA2 beta builds >96895.

Anyway hope this helps others whose ACE keys keep reverting back to default. I couldn't find anything on this in this thread or anywhere online, and indeed earlier posts in this thread would suggest that this latest ACE2 build is compatible with the latest ArmA2 beta builds.

===

EDIT: Created bug report: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/52378

Should also mention that I also tried making a copy of "\userconfig\ace\" folder in "\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\" but this did not work either. ArmA2 beta builds >96895 were still locked-in with default ACE key bindings and settings.

Edited by mad rabbit

Does someone know how I can disable ACE Fragmentation Effects for mission?

Problem is that AI artillery is doing suicide after some time (Fragments kill Gunner or disable vehicle etc.). I have tested this with BM-21 and D-30.

Suggestions or workarounds? Thanks!

Problem is that AI artillery is doing suicide after some time (Fragments kill Gunner or disable vehicle etc.). I have tested this with BM-21 and D-30.

I'm pretty sure there is a module in the editor to disable fragmentation effects.

Ok. Sorry to post but this is giving me a massive headache and I can't "solve it" or find answers.

I have two weapons (FN_FAL and M79) plus a backpack. Let's say the FAL is "in hands" and the M79 is "on back". The backpack would be on the other hand. I have the FAL / Single selected for firing.

Now... if I press "G", click on the M79, and press "in hands" - everything is wonders. FAL goes to the back, M79 comes to hand and comes selected for firing. Perfect.

However, if I press "G", click on the FAL and press "on back" - the FAL still goes to the back, the M79 still comes to hand, but the grenade throwing is selected if I have any throwing items in my inventory (frag, smoke, etc.).

This is... super frag nd situation and is driving me crazy, because the frags come selected and no icon shown.

I do have the "weapon select firemode" selected. Plus, I went into the editor and played as much as I could with ACE_fnc_PutWeaponOnBack and ACE_fnc_PackWeapon (to try to pack the weapon instead of swapping it), and also selectWeapon and other things I don't even remember.

Always the same: "in hands" is perfect, "on back" and frags are selected.

Is this a bug or a feature?!

Thanks.

edit: I also played with (setvariable["ACE_weapononback","etc), it seems like the behaviour has nothing to do with how the weapon got there in the first place...

Edited by luizsilveira

You mean they use direct fire and kill themselves because of bad aiming?

The AI behaviour is quite borked when it comes to shooting big guns via direct fire. I noticed that vanilla artillery has three charge levels in the artillery computer (near (default);medium;far) The selected charge level is also applied if you use direct fire. So your shoots will fly quite straight and far if you selected the far level in the artillery computer.

AI always seems to use the "near" charge level when shooting big guns so the shoots always land somewhere between the gun and the target.

Maybe the ACE Devs know a method to force the highest charge level on the AI gunners when they use direct fire and maybe they can make that default for the player as well?

Tonci, I don't think the AI have the slightest idea how to aim their howitzers with direct fire. Charge won't help anything, they just point the barrel in your direction and let 'er rip.

You mean they use direct fire and kill themselves because of bad aiming?

The AI behaviour is quite borked when it comes to shooting big guns via direct fire. I noticed that vanilla artillery has three charge levels in the artillery computer (near (default);medium;far) The selected charge level is also applied if you use direct fire. So your shoots will fly quite straight and far if you selected the far level in the artillery computer.

AI always seems to use the "near" charge level when shooting big guns so the shoots always land somewhere between the gun and the target.

Maybe the ACE Devs know a method to force the highest charge level on the AI gunners when they use direct fire and maybe they can make that default for the player as well?

No, problem is not AI aiming, its fragments. AI gunner shoots D-30 (straight UP) 30 times (I use script for Artillery to shoot "unlimited times up in the air for Immersion), Gunner of that GUN is killed for wounds after some time. It's nice that when HE shell hits ground there are fragments but there's also fragments when firing the gun (or some other BIG gun:). Do I need to give AI gunner unlimited health or something? Is that only option for this?

No, problem is not AI aiming, its fragments. AI gunner shoots D-30 (straight UP) 30 times (I use script for Artillery to shoot "unlimited times up in the air for Immersion), Gunner of that GUN is killed for wounds after some time. It's nice that when HE shell hits ground there are fragments but there's also fragments when firing the gun (or some other BIG gun:). Do I need to give AI gunner unlimited health or something? Is that only option for this?

Are the guns very close to each other? If yes then the AI gunners might get damage. Try leaving more space between the guns

Are the guns very close to each other? If yes then the AI gunners might get damage. Try leaving more space between the guns

No, about 200 meters and 1 gun per post.

There shouldn't be fragments unless you are shooting the guns in such a way that the shells detonate a few hundred meters from the barrel. Either use the disable frag module or fire the guns in a normal fashion.

There shouldn't be fragments unless you are shooting the guns in such a way that the shells detonate a few hundred meters from the barrel. Either use the disable frag module or fire the guns in a normal fashion.

YES! There is module for that! Thank you! Dont know why havent seen it earlier...

Hi guys i really need some help and information regarding the Laser targeting system in ACE 2, is it me or the ACE 2 Aircraft like Harrier GBU-12, A-10 GBU-12 and other no longer able to press TAB to acquire the ground troop Soflam Laser Designator Lock on target box? i've been trying out with a few of my friends and everytime they use the Soflam Laser Designator to lase targets for me, my ACE 2 aircraft with GBU-12 unable to find the lased target lock on box and ARMA 2 OA got no CCRP/CCIP for me to guide the bomb :(

Last but not least could any pilot or JTAC enlighten me about this issue? im a regular pilot in game and when i deploy with my community they need my CAS support haha.

Lasing is now automatic, IIRC. You don't need to press tab.

So whenever my JTAC guy says Lase up i just need to drop the bomb? i just want to clarify it so i won't bomb the friendlies lol!

i just want to clarify it so i won't bomb the friendlies lol!

But that's half the fun!

But that's half the fun!

:) haha! more challenging i guess but it will not be fun in real life ~ when blue on blue :P

I hope to have a laser spot tracking system and CCIP/CCRP for LGB at some point in the future. Technical issues and other time constraints though have slowed me on that.

As for now, as long as the laser is hot on the ground and you are using the same laser codes (its 1001 by default across the game) then the bomb should hit if it has clear line of sight to the laser spot (as in you cant laze a building on one side and have the bomb dropped on the other, cause it wont see the laser spot).

I've got a couple of questions about the choppers and their armaments.

Wildcat: whenever I use the laser designator when I'm sitting in the gunner seat and lase a target, then fire rockets, they go every direction possible, just not at the target. Is it bugged or am I not using it correctly? I searched, but couldn't find any tutorial on how to use Wildcats in ACE.

Venom: what use is the laser designator that is accessible by the Observer in a Venom? Is it to lase targets for the GBU-armed aircraft? Is there a reliable way to (manually if no other way) set the door-miniguns to fire where the pilot's [rockets'] reticle is pointing at?

Some changes to wind coming in the next version... Wind should be more steady now, also much more strong when heavily over cast.

Again, wind is sync'd 100% to all clients all the time, so spotters can be sure of their info to their shooters.

Also have the option now of having sync'd rain too, which is explained in the release notes when it comes out. :)

Some changes to wind coming in the next version... Wind should be more steady now, also much more strong when heavily over cast.

Again, wind is sync'd 100% to all clients all the time, so spotters can be sure of their info to their shooters.

Also have the option now of having sync'd rain too, which is explained in the release notes when it comes out. :)

Steady wind and sync´d rain? Wonderfull! But why as an option? Does it break something? Oh no....

And BTW. Was that bug fixed because of wich the ammo cookoff is still a module instead of default? Can´t find it on the tracker.

Steady wind and sync´d rain? Wonderfull! But why as an option? Does it break something? Oh no....

Sync'd rain has always been a source of lag/server fps drop.

Hello gentlemen,

quick questions on a Sunday morning:

1.) where can I find an up-to-date classlist for the current RC of ACE? The config browser does not list the new additions. I need the class names of everything that is in ace2 at the moment. Any script that writes those items into a file (rpt for example)?

2.) is it possible to make the SOFLAM on the tripod work as the handheld item? As a JTAC/FAC it is pretty difficult to guide a plane on target, if you can only look through the optic to have the laser work. As soon as I turn my head with laser on, it overheats (or go into the map view).

Thanks in advance, gents!

Hello,

I keep getting this error:

9443dab5dbdc34dd904c9fa833177dd5.png?1349006961

Has anyone experienced that before? I've redownloaded ACE and ACEX mod but still get this error. It seems like I miss 1 pbo. I would like some help because this way I can play Campaign, but can't load it because I get the *this content depends on blablabla* error.