Hi

I know that the ruck system allows the rucksack to be locked, accessible to squad members and accessible to team members. Is there a function which makes it possible to set that? I have been searching for the proper function in vain.

By the way is there a complete list of ACE 2 functions?

Thank you for the help

Hi

I know that the ruck system allows the rucksack to be locked, accessible to squad members and accessible to team members. Is there a function which makes it possible to set that? I have been searching for the proper function in vain.

By the way is there a complete list of ACE 2 functions?

Thank you for the help

The API link is on the ACE front page: https://dev-heaven.net/docs/ace/index/Functions.html

What you're looking for is not in there, but if you'll take a hacky, unsupported method:

_unit setVariable ["ACE_Ruck_Lock_Scope", _scope, true];

where _scope can be one of "", "Squad", "Team"

RPT

Stuck on:

Warning Message: Addon 'CACharacters2' requires addon 'CAWeapons_M1014'

Running OA latest version last it ran and been stuck on errors since installing ace.

I suppose I need to find what provides CAWeapons to get it to work?

RPT

Stuck on:

Running OA latest version last it ran and been stuck on errors since installing ace.

I suppose I need to find what provides CAWeapons to get it to work?

One obvious error in the .RPT is having those spaces in the mod line:

-mod=@CBA; @ACE; @ACEX

Not saying that's it, but fix that first.

Alright I removed the spaces. You were right about it not causing error.

=====================================================================

== C:\UserFiles\STEVENF\GameServers\TC35473333106448480418266\arma2oaserver.exe

== "C:\UserFiles\STEVENF\GameServers\TC35473333106448480418266\arma2oaserver.exe" -config=server.cfg verifySignatures=1 persistent=1 -netlog -port=2302 -ip=206.217.129.83 -profiles=C:\UserFiles\STEVENF\GameServers\TC35473333106448480418266\ -name=server -beta=expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion -mod="expansion";@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX -maxplayers=22

Exe timestamp: 2012/08/17 16:22:28

Current time: 2012/09/08 03:43:13

Version 1.62.96063

As far as I know I'm using the latest ace six updater is using as well (manually uploaded 2 days ago).

Do you mean to make sure all mods are listed in command line?

The first instruction I originally read was simply to add those 3 mods to the command line.

I have uploaded the other CBAs and I'll add them to the command line.

You're missing some addons, CAWeapons_M1014 is an official component or Arma2.

Yep, your command line seems to be incomplete. Try and launch it directly from SU, and see if you still get the same error.

I didn't mean to give the impressions I have SU on the server.

I went this route:

If you rent a Windows server and don't have remote desktop access, you will have to upload the needed files from your own computer to the server

Changes made and result appears the same.

== C:\UserFiles\STEVENF\GameServers\TC35473333106448480418266\arma2oaserver.exe

== "C:\UserFiles\STEVENF\GameServers\TC35473333106448480418266\arma2oaserver.exe" -config=server.cfg verifySignatures=1 persistent=1 -netlog -port=2302 -ip=206.217.129.83 -profiles=C:\UserFiles\STEVENF\GameServers\TC35473333106448480418266\ -name=server -beta=expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion -mod="expansion";@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX -maxplayers=22

Exe timestamp: 2012/08/17 16:22:28

Current time: 2012/09/08 06:18:13

Version 1.62.96063

Oops sorry about that, somehow my mind skipped the fact you were running a server and not just tryin to launch the game. My bad. So that's ruled out.

TSO, you should remove "expansion" from your mod list, it's loaded by default and adding it may in fact be the cause for your issue if your addons are in order. Not really an ACE issue at all there. Also, not sure if the game can work ok with the UNIX-like paths in your mod line:

-beta=expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion

Since you have a Windows server your should perhaps correct:

-beta=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion

Just to be on the safe side.

Edited by Robalo

Are there any change logs for all these little updates that come out now and then. Because I'm finding features that I've never seen before in the game.

Issue persists.

I'll look into re-installing on the server and try the command line again after.

Are there any change logs for all these little updates that come out now and then. Because I'm finding features that I've never seen before in the game.

Yes and no. You can right click on an addon in Six and select "Go to changelog of mod" in the menu but unfortunately a lot of changes remain unlisted.

Just to follow up on my issues results

So server provider copied his working DayZ servers files over and just told me to set up it's files for ACE instead.

(doesn't seem the best idea but I ran with it)

Installed fresh ACE and set previous command line

No rpt is showing up in usual place and server still isn't showing in browser.

Left it to server provider to sort it out.

Something was wrong with his version of files again and some part of the command line from what was said.

Final result using some old DayZ path lines but functioning.

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;ca;@CBA;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX -name=Ace -config=server.cfg -cfg=cfgdayz\arma2.cfg -profiles=cfgdayz -ip=206.217.129.82 -port=2302 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=1

From what I gather up to date arma/beta files and correct command line fixes:

Also foxhound is incapable of taking the same level of attitude he gives out.

Game on fellas.

Edited by TSO

The API link is on the ACE front page: https://dev-heaven.net/docs/ace/index/Functions.html

What you're looking for is not in there, but if you'll take a hacky, unsupported method:

_unit setVariable ["ACE_Ruck_Lock_Scope", _scope, true];

where _scope can be one of "", "Squad", "Team"

Thank you Robalo, this is what I have been looking for as it was not in the function list. With this function can I make the ruck contents accessible to all units (on the same side) so not just the ones the owner of the ruck is grouped with?

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

And a completely different topic. I have noticed that the "Heal" action (which could be selected by using the mouse scroll button) was moved to the right Windows key. It works perfectly if I want to heal a team-mate but it does not work if I want to heal the medic himself (i.e there is no self-heal even with the Menu key).

This is a problem, because I have quite a lot of missions designed with Norrin's revive (and with revive damage) but now if the medic gets shot there is no way to heal him (only with another medic but usually there is only one in a small team).

Is this intentional, just a bug which will be fixed or it is me who is doing something wrong?

BTW last time we played I managed to heal a Landrover with a medic. That's why I think things got messed up somehow.

Thanks for the help

Edited by b1944

Hey guys! I've to check if a unit is unconscious...The only thing i found it's the variable "ace_w_state"...Is there another way to know if a unit is down with the countdown?

Hey guys! I've to check if a unit is unconscious...The only thing i found it's the variable "ace_w_state"...Is there another way to know if a unit is down with the countdown?

_uncon = _unit call ace_sys_wounds_fnc_isUncon; // true or false

I couldn't find anything notating this issue but the Pandur II's missile launcher in the ACR dlc doesn't work when running with ACE. It fires the 2 BGM missiles but nothing happens, just a flash and smoke. Posting here because it was easier for me to do than trying to create a ticket at dev-heaven. Is there a fix or major update for ACR+ACE anytime soon?

Thanks for the feedback!

Would anyone mind giving me some suggestions to fix the following error message please?

"Sound ACE_Heartbeatscalar not found"

Should I just download the ACE_SM mod again? I've had a number of kinks to work out in order to get ACE 2 up and running again on my PC and I "Think" this is the last one.

Thanks!

Gentlemens, there is the next problem, the player after an artillery strike or strike aircraft to become immortal, though bleeding, but did not kill him is impossible. Maybe the problem and not the ACE, and in beta patch or MP mission?

P.S. Ace-571 - co-40_Domination_2_71_West_ACE_OA.Takistan.

Sorry for my English :)

Edited by Bagram