i speak about the effect in game not in real life in real life it's to protect from the rotor wave the microphone and from the dust too

I understand what you meant now M1n1d0u.

Are these MFS even a part of ACE? I can't seem to find them. I have only used as part of Davey Gary's tactical sunglass addon.

I've placed an ACE magic box. As pilot, I do not see these in the box. Cannot find on the SIX config browser either.

OK, so I didn't realize new update for ACE was out. Updated, and now have the MFS available for pilots.

As long as you have the ace_clientside_config.hpp set up like I had posted before, these work. Only you can't remove them. Apparently this is how Rocko designed them, as there was a Bug report which was closed out as: By design/Not a Bug

MFS not working

Edited by panther42
Update

yeah they're in ace BUT that's an object (you can found it near the gaz mask on any magicbox) but you can't find it on the profile settings

You can remove them via the ace self interaction menu but you can't remove the sun glasses effect (visor) for the moment

Has anyone had luck with the cellphones and triggering ied's? I get the phone number once i attach a clacker, so i have to hurry up and pre-dial the number and run away. Pull the phone back up and have to punch anything just to get the number back on the phone. Once i delete the extra digit, i click the center (blue line which i assume is the "send") and nothing happens. Any tips, tricks, etc?

Yeah, I can never get dialed numbers to go away, even with different IEDs. I even restarted the mission and I still had the same numbers pre-dialed into my phone.

It's a cute system, but what insurgent is actually going to dial the full number? It will always be in contacts or on speed dial, so detonation should be accomplished via a single number on the keypad.

I am not sure what happened, I have reinstalled ACE mod and everything but now all of a sudden I do not have any features that involve using the keyboard such as MFD or sight adjustments or interactions or anything of that nature. Is there anyone that can help me or should I post it as an issue?

Whoever controls the wiki might wanna take a look at some of your discussion pages they need some industrial strength scrubbing. :) PM me for details if you'd like. Didn't see any contact information and Sickboy can't be PM'd apparently.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

I am not sure what happened, I have reinstalled ACE mod and everything but now all of a sudden I do not have any features that involve using the keyboard such as MFD or sight adjustments or interactions or anything of that nature. Is there anyone that can help me or should I post it as an issue?

Make sure you run ACE Clippi and select your player name under the Manual Changes button before starting the game. It's in the @ACE folder, then clippi folder.

Why Javelin locks on target only when it's zoomed and switched to TI?

Because thats how it works in real life?

Because that's how it actually works.

The gunner uses the CLU’s IR system to find and identify the target then switches to the missile’s independent IR system to set a track box around the target and establish a lock. The gunner places brackets around the image for locking.

I was just wondering, thank you guys.

So how in real life does the gunner lock on to bunkers and bushes and other things without heat signatures? That's something we can do in Mando but not ACE.

So how in real life does the gunner lock on to bunkers and bushes and other things without heat signatures? That's something we can do in Mando but not ACE.

Noone is stopping you from using Mando, so - problem solved for you. :)

Noone is stopping you from using Mando, so - problem solved for you. :)

ACE and Mando have some conflicts in functionality.

ACE and Mando have some conflicts in functionality.

Noone is stopping you from not using Mando when there are issues with ACE and vice versa, so - problem solved for you, too. :)

Srsly, please stop the bitching.

Noone is stopping you from not using Mando when there are issues with ACE and vice versa, so - problem solved for you, too. :)

I'm not bitching, I'm just pointing something out. No need to be rude.

No one was bitching. Something random seems to have poked at a sore spot of yours.

I cant use NV Goggles at all, dont know whats the problem. I remember i had this once allready. The up/down brightness works, but even with the highest brightness i can barely see something. somebody got a idea?

Works fine on UTES, but not on Chernrus?!?

Edited by Coffeecat

hey guys. im slowly learning how to get to grips with this game, and its millions of mods.

im using armarizer, and im still trying to find my perfect sweet spot using the right number and mixture of mods.

i love ace, but depending on what I am doing, sometimes i prefer to play without it. I now have 2 x profiles i use, one with ace, and one without it. I am now trying to work out how i use portions of the ace 2 mod, on their own without the rest of the mod.

1. To remove the new stamina system permanantly, is it simply a case of deleting the 2 x arma_sys stamina pbo files?? Will this effect any other parts of the mod? I know i can add the module in the editor to disable it for a mission. however does that only remove it for the unit it is syncronised to?

2. The ball tracers in this mod are brilliant and i need to know how to use this outside of ace. I copied the tracer files from the ace 2 addons, and made my own new '@tracer' addon, with these files inside. It wont let me use it though as it gives an error message telling me this addon has to be used with 'ace_main'??? Any ideas how I can get the same tracer effects to work independent of ace?

1. You can remove Stamina by placing a No Stamina module on the map as you mentioned. This will disable the ruck system however. It should affect everyone connected to the mission.

ACE is really a total conversion and not meant to be broken up piecemeal.

After playing with ACE so long I feel bad playing vanilla anymore. :)

1. You can remove Stamina by placing a No Stamina module on the map as you mentioned. This will disable the ruck system however. It should affect everyone connected to the mission.

player setVariable ["ACE_SYS_STAMINA_MULTI",0.0001];

Will pretty much remove the stamina effects on a player whilst keeping ruck system functionality.

Thanks guys. I wasnt sure if the no stamina module had to be syncronised to every unit you wanted it to affect. good to know the module just needs to be placed, and it will affect every character.

Any ideas on the tracers? The ball tracers look so much better than the vanilla ones, and i have yet to see a mod that comes close. Im surprised no-one has released something similar on its own. The laser beam type tracers really spoil the night battles for me and id love to still have them when not using ace.

In real life the system is not locking on to heat, but temperature gradients.

Jman;2215066']
player setVariable ["ACE_SYS_STAMINA_MULTI",0.0001];

Will pretty much remove the stamina effects on a player whilst keeping ruck system functionality.

Oh! Great tip! Thanks.

I'm sure its probably been asked here somewhere, but I am not searching through 145 pages and it did not come up in the search function, but what are the assault ladders contained in and also how do they work in ace ?