I have a problem with the userconfig. I can't save my ACE options, because when I want to unzip settings.ace (it's in zip) I get a bluescreen. I even tried ACE Clippi but it says that "OA refused access to settings.ace"

I have a problem with the userconfig. I can't save my ACE options, because when I want to unzip settings.ace (it's in zip) I get a bluescreen. I even tried ACE Clippi but it says that "OA refused access to settings.ace"

Try deleting it, then running "Verify and Repair" on SixUpdater. settings.ace shouldn't be a .zip file, nor should it cause BSODs. Also, I would suggest running a spyware/malware as well as a virus scan on your computer.

That would explain why I've had so much trouble with my Active Countermeasure System. It was supposed to simulate the TROPHY system and take out RPGs heading for specific vehicles. Tried to make it so that if the rocket was to hit the vehicle, that it'd run through the rest of the script. I could never get the ballistics formulas to work out right. I might give you a PM with the problems I've been having. So far, I think its just the info that i've been getting with the vector commnds and the CBA command vectElev (or whatever it is) that have not been giving me the right numbers I need.

ACE has (Or at least had) a similar system developed by the Russians called "Arena". You might be able to use that and call it Trophy. :p

I never fully implemented arena because we had no tanks that had the models for it. :p

just added the newest update for ACE (8/3 I believe)...is there a reason the ACE Russia Weapons crate is gone? I was just wanting to try out the AEK weapons, but I can't find the Russian Ammo crate. Don't know the classnames either since the classlist hasn't been updated

I never fully implemented arena because we had no tanks that had the models for it. :p

Yeah, I knew that, but I thought the functionality was still there for addon makers to implement.

I'm currently very happy about how your baby's going along, guys, especially the effort you put into the artillery-system!

When talking about the Arty-System, is there, by any chance, already a guide on how to handle the mortars (without T&E)...?

Has there been any more updates to ACE training grounds I think the current version is 1.7 but this seems to lack a lot of the gear and stuff.

I'm currently very happy about how your baby's going along, guys, especially the effort you put into the artillery-system!

When talking about the Arty-System, is there, by any chance, already a guide on how to handle the mortars (without T&E)...?

Well to use the mortars without T&E, you need to use the aiming posts (well you could actually use anything, but the aiming posts do help since you can adjust for parallax with them). Here is a quick step-by-step:

1. Find out the relative bearing the posts are from the center of the gun. Easiest way to do that is take a Vector-21B, turn it on, and press Alt-R ONCE to change the bearing indicator to 6400 Mils. You want to try to get the two posts directly in line on the center of the Vector's cross-hair. Write that bearing down.
  2. Get into the mortar and open up the sight-unit's dialog. Take take the Reset value and then add it to the bearing of the aiming posts. This should give you your Direction/Azimuth of Fire. Write this down.
  3. When you get a fire-mission, you will need to find the bearing of the target relative to the mortar. Write that down.
  4. Subtract the DoF/AoF from the bearing to target. You will then need to add this number to the gun's deflection (which should be at 3200. Also, remember, when 'adding' a negative number to a positive, you are subtracting the absolute value of negative number from the first. Ex. [ a + (-b) = c ] == [ a - b = c ] ).
  5. Set the gunsight's deflection reading to the number you got above.
  6. Now, align the gunsight with the aiming posts.
  7. To adjust for Parallax Error, you need to measure the distance of the rear post to the front post, in mils (horizontal distance), and then align the sight to the left/right depending on which side the rear post is in relation to the front post. (If left, align left ; if right, align right.) (See ACE Artillery Guide by TacticalGamer.com University - GoogleDocs Section 2 - Parallax Error ID & Adjustment for pictures and better explanation)
  8. To align elevation, you simply need to input the appropriate elevation into the elevation setting on the gunsight. Then use the "Barrel Elevation" bubble-level to align the barrel properly. (The bubble levels look like this: |---|o|---| , and yes, I do mean a bubble level, like the one used for carpentry and etc.)

Note: It is possible to use the M1A1 Collimator as an aiming reference, but the set up is a little complicated for me to explain at this moment of time. I will see about writing up something soon.

In the newest ACE update, I'm having issues with downed soldiers sinking into the ground. When healed, they get back up but they are halfway into the ground. On their screen, they are fine, but stuff doesn't work (ruck packs, launchers, etc.) Any way how to fix other then respawning?

Hi,

How can I use the ace mortars? I know how to set up the mortar and load the shells in it but I really don't understand how to aim with the mortar.

And how do I setwind in ACE? Since in Vanilla it does work but with ace mod the trees aren't spacing anymore when put it Setwind [9999,9999, true]

Thx

Mortar use is in the last page........

What am I missing with the Javelin? After attaching CLU to tube (aka "reload") it will remain "orange" instead of finish reloading and thus never lock nor fire. Something I'm missing? Bug? Mod conflict?

What am I missing with the Javelin? After attaching CLU to tube (aka "reload") it will remain "orange" instead of finish reloading and thus never lock nor fire. Something I'm missing? Bug? Mod conflict?

Did you try locking on to something?

Are you zooming and using FLIR?

Also, speaking of things not locking on, the KAB-500KR doesn't lock on to anything. Obviously there's a bug in the config somewhere and its inheriting the lack of a lock ability from the FAB-500/Mk82 weapon/magazine/ammo classes.

just added the newest update for ACE (8/3 I believe)...is there a reason the ACE Russia Weapons crate is gone? I was just wanting to try out the AEK weapons, but I can't find the Russian Ammo crate. Don't know the classnames either since the classlist hasn't been updated

You're probably not loading ACEX_RU, otherwise they're in there, just checked.

Well to use the mortars without T&E, you need to use the aiming posts (well you could actually use anything, but the aiming posts do help since you can adjust for parallax with them). Here is a quick step-by-step:

1. Find out the relative bearing the posts are from the center of the gun. Easiest way to do that is take a Vector-21B, turn it on, and press Alt-R ONCE to change the bearing indicator to 6400 Mils. You want to try to get the two posts directly in line on the center of the Vector's cross-hair. Write that bearing down.
  2. Get into the mortar and open up the sight-unit's dialog. Take take the Reset value and then add it to the bearing of the aiming posts. This should give you your Direction/Azimuth of Fire. Write this down.

I am confused about this part. Isn't the reset value always 3200? And azimuth always says 2400.

The 'Reset' readout is supposed to read 'Deflection,' it's already been fixed in the Repository IIRC.

it seems when launching from an aircraft carrier or making a turn the pilot blacks out. is there a way to change that or can it be lessend in a future version? it makes dogfighting impossible.

G-forces simulation is excessive for sure. There's absolutely no way I can black myself flying a Frogfoot in a realistic game like DCS.

I'm trying simulate an IA throwing a flash grenade from ACE with that script:

_flash1 = "ACE_M84" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "flash1"); 
sleep 0.5; 
_flash1 setpos [getpos _flash1 select 0, getpos _flash1 select 1, +1];  

It creates the grenade but without the effect it should have when you manualy throw a flash...

Any idea ?!

Any plans on adding RHS russian stuff?

This is out of the question. We will provide ACE compatibility on our own, in due time. It is not all that up on the priority list. There will be no integration in ACE of the current or future updates of AFR.