Huge.

What's that line below the Harrier?

Edit: Nevermind, didn't read the description.

So, I'm a little confused about the sniper tripod (SSWT kit?). I deployed it, and at the normal tall setting it is much too high for a standing player. This may have been because I'm using SMK, but it was basically as tall as my player. At crouched height it seems okay, though.

Also, I managed to get my weapon to rest on it once, but any following attempts were unsuccessful.

So, I'm a little confused about the sniper tripod (SSWT kit?). I deployed it, and at the normal tall setting it is much too high for a standing player. This may have been because I'm using SMK, but it was basically as tall as my player. At crouched height it seems okay, though.

Also, I managed to get my weapon to rest on it once, but any following attempts were unsuccessful.

Never having used the sniper tripod I wouldn't call myself and expert on the subject, but I did read the build 565 changelog where it stated that it was now possible to adjust the sniper tripod in different heights. Is there no option to raise or lower it using the interaction key?

Never having used the sniper tripod I wouldn't call myself and expert on the subject, but I did read the build 565 changelog where it stated that it was now possible to adjust the sniper tripod in different heights. Is there no option to raise or lower it using the interaction key?

Er, yeah, sorry, my wording wasn't clear. There are currently two heights you can put it at (not fully adjustable), which equate to roughly standing height and crouched height. At standing height (and player standing), the tripod seemed much too high. At crouched height (and player crouched), it seemed fine.

I'll have to re-try without SMK since I think that lowers your standing stance somewhat, but I imagine a lot of people like to use SMK so it makes the standing-level tripod kinda worthless at the moment. I wonder if it could be made to adjust to any height manually?

The problem is the SMK pack, without it the tripod works well.

So Noubers, I guess you were just walking along the street one day and thought, "I think I'll go solve all ArmA's most annoying problems." Now I need to go shoot RPGs at everything that moves.

@Nouber, nice example vide! BTW yeah those target boxes have to be reduced in size or removed completely

@Nouber, nice example vide! BTW yeah those target boxes have to be reduced in size or removed completely

Already done! Makes everything much easier when those stupid boxes are gone!

Of course this might mean I need to implement some sort of AG radar system.... :rolleyes:

I was having some issues with the 120mm mortar failing to traverse after Shifting the tube (or possibly teamswitching). Can't nail it down, but be advised anyways.

Suggestion:

Could the ACE Team, add the same or similar sound of the safety weapon trigger, for when you change the rate of fire (single shot , burst or auto) of your primary weapon??

Its an easy thing to do? that will add more inmerse to this awsome sim.

Hope you can do it.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks.

Already done! Makes everything much easier when those stupid boxes are gone!

Of course this might mean I need to implement some sort of AG radar system.... :rolleyes:

And then update the Longbow, and add functionality to have lasers represented on the HUD but not armor targets (IE PAVEPenny on the A-10). ;)

Just a quick question? Any reason why the some of the Strykers are only available in Woodland camo? IE the M1134 ATGM (M240) and the M1128 MGS (the one with the ginormous cannon)? I know in the vanilla game the MGS is in desert camo, but in ACE only in Woodland?

Also same with the M2A2 only being in desert and the A3 only being in woodland?

Edited by islesfan186

Suggestion:

Could the ACE Team, add the same or similar sound of the safety weapon trigger, for when you change the rate of fire (single shot , burst or auto) of your primary weapon??

Its an easy thing to do? that will add more inmerse to this awsome sim.

Hope you can do it.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks.

It's already done since ages. You just need to set the ACE firemode to your original firemode change key. It's in ACE Settings -> Keys -> Weapon -> Firemode. Set it to "F" or whatever you are changing firemodes with.

Edited by tpM
typo

It's already done since ages. You just need to set the ACE fire-mode to your original fire-mode change key. It's in ACE Settings -> Keys -> Weapon -> Fire-mode. Set it to "F" or whatever you are changing fire-modes with.

Sorry, but no, i cant hear any sound when i change from single shot to full auto.. i just hear the click when i put the safe.

What i was suggesting is that the same sound of the safe trigger to be heard when you change your rate of fire in the primary weapon

So you have something set wrong, I have it as tpM said and I hear it.

Since 130 billions of people demanded this being made public:

24343940.jpg

Spread the word!

So can't you just make it default?

If its default, then we must make a new meme to explain how to select grenades, chemlights and stuff.

I'd prefer it to be default as well, but it makes more sense for it to be disabled for newbies coming into ACE, since it's more like how vanilla OA works by default currently.

Hi, I asked this once before but never saw a response so I'll try again :)

Is there any way to re-enable the death cam in Ace for SP? Currently playing thru all of the official SP missions and Campaigns with all of my favorite mods while waiting for Arma 3 and I really don't want to disable Ace for this. Missions like Eye for an Eye are truly a cat and mouse chessmatch for me and I really like to have those scornfull glee moments when the Ai outsmarts me and get a look of where they came from this time. Not being able to get an idea is like getting checkmated but not allowed to see where and why :p

Thanks

Edit: Also I hope the sound bug gets fixed for tank cookoff so that it can be enabled as an addon for default missions.

My backpack disappears when I enter the Chinook as pilot or when I get in the MHQ as driver. Upon getting out my backpack is gone. I have searched the net and this thread but the only information I can find on the matter is this thread:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27384

There are a couple of links in the replies there that refer to some workaround but the links don't open.

Sickboy mentions there : "Put radio(s) / other equipment in cargo. When pilot gets out, take radio from cargo." and also "Or use the unofficial way to disable the system, as documented in the various tickets about it."

I'm sorry but I cant figure out how to put the ruck in cargo, or to stop losing my pack when piloting the chopper.

I've tried interaction kety, gear, etc. to no avail. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Was it dropped onto the ground when you entered the chopper?

I noticed it doing that for the first time in the new update, after a few months of stupidly deleting your gear 90% of the time.

My backpack disappears when I enter the Chinook as pilot or when I get in the MHQ as driver. Upon getting out my backpack is gone. I have searched the net and this thread but the only information I can find on the matter is this thread:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27384

There are a couple of links in the replies there that refer to some workaround but the links don't open.

Sickboy mentions there : "Put radio(s) / other equipment in cargo. When pilot gets out, take radio from cargo." and also "Or use the unofficial way to disable the system, as documented in the various tickets about it."

I'm sorry but I cant figure out how to put the ruck in cargo, or to stop losing my pack when piloting the chopper.

I've tried interaction kety, gear, etc. to no avail. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

1) Cargo =/= gear. Interact with the helicopter while outside of it and chose "Show Cargo". Your ruck should be in there.

2) Launchers, MGs, Rucks, radios, etc. are not allowed to be carried while either in a pilot (pilot, crewchief, gunner) or crewman (driver, gunner, commander) positions. Rifles are not permitted for plane/jet pilots (fixed wing) as well as the same restrictions that a rotary pilot has.

3) Equipment will either be in the Gear (MGs primarily), in a duffel bag outside of the vehicle (launchers namely, jet pilot's gear) (note: Duffel Bag is local to player only), or in the ACE Cargo.

I had a death cam just now, oddly enough.

Huh, weird. Maybe some other mod is causing - sorry if Im wrong on this :o