So, you actually tried it or just talking bullshit because you read new stuff in the changelog?

Thanks for that helpful response, I expect a bit more from a 'team lead' but heck you've obviously a well rounded individual who respects constructive criticism.

ACE added new stuff to the treatment of wounds in the game without documentation - luckily we (meaning my group) were able to figure out how to use this new equipment and keep our team moving with a few hours of practice. But, adding complexity to the game is one thing, doing it without documentation or a valid reason is something else altogether. Maybe you don't have to 'teach' other guys how to do stuff, but I do and having new stuff tossed at me without an obvious reason for it or any documentation just makes it harder to keep guys interested. It gives me a headache that I frankly don't need and a snarky response about my concerns doesn't much impress anyone.

I think that ACE is an excellent mod - and I've been supporting it for years, but I really wish that every time you folks come up with something you also have a way to 'dis-able' it easily and quickly for mission designers.

I'm pretty sure with time most folks will see the advantages of the new medical system - I particularly liked the changes in the descriptions, but next time please document changes and give a 'turn off' for things that are 'game changing' to allow us to spend some time getting used to them before springing them on our teams.

Also, I'd still like to see some way to turn off the changes in vehicle optics. It seems really strange that thermal sights work great in the daylight with ambient temps running above 30C while they don't work worth beans at night. Again, a module or init change would really make my life easier.

I agree with you... seems it's impossible to find good documentation on most aspects of ACE, so with the group I play with, we literally have to load a map and just figure things out. Not very nice when team members get frustrated and quit from the lack of guidance. Once we figure stuff out, it makes sense and works great, but figuring it out is the toughest damn part!

Thanks for that helpful response, I expect a bit more from a 'team lead' but heck you've obviously a well rounded individual who respects constructive criticism.

ACE added new stuff to the treatment of wounds in the game without documentation - luckily we (meaning my group) were able to figure out how to use this new equipment and keep our team moving with a few hours of practice. But, adding complexity to the game is one thing, doing it without documentation or a valid reason is something else altogether. Maybe you don't have to 'teach' other guys how to do stuff, but I do and having new stuff tossed at me without an obvious reason for it or any documentation just makes it harder to keep guys interested. It gives me a headache that I frankly don't need and a snarky response about my concerns doesn't much impress anyone.

I think that ACE is an excellent mod - and I've been supporting it for years, but I really wish that every time you folks come up with something you also have a way to 'dis-able' it easily and quickly for mission designers.

I'm pretty sure with time most folks will see the advantages of the new medical system - I particularly liked the changes in the descriptions, but next time please document changes and give a 'turn off' for things that are 'game changing' to allow us to spend some time getting used to them before springing them on our teams.

Also, I'd still like to see some way to turn off the changes in vehicle optics. It seems really strange that thermal sights work great in the daylight with ambient temps running above 30C while they don't work worth beans at night. Again, a module or init change would really make my life easier.

Well, look - that does not answer my question, doesn't it?

Have you actually tried it and did you ran into any serious gamebreaking situations or are you just basing your 'thoughts' on the changelog entries? From your post I cannot really decypher what's the case.

Here's a summary of things you already might have experienced in your group, as you stated: The CAT does nothing more than stopping bloodloss. Of course you can still do it the same way with lots of gauze and do everything like you were used to do it since 2 or more years with morphine and epi and all that shit.

Treat the CAT as an additional item, use it or leave it.

Also, did you ever hear of "asking"? Maybe next time you do not understand something, try to ask someone before - or if capable: try it first, either here or feel encouraged to send a PM or simply visit our tracker, before proclaiming total apocalypse just because you read something that gives you a special feeling.

And all ACE related stuff is 'free service', so to say, some people do in their spare time. Don't expect too much, if a documentation is missing, help yourself and others by either asking if it's going to be updated (it might happen we simply miss stuff) or do it on your own and share with others or donate so we can improve the docs.

re: your FLIR problem. You are aware that the FLIR stuff is in OA, right? And without knowing what other stuff you run as mods and/or what mission settings you use it's hard to tell wether you can blame ACE for it or not. So please, if you could be that kind, move to our tracker, raise a ticket (and add all that required stuff...) so we might help you out. This is the wrong place since here is NO official support but on our tracker.

Hi. I am new to the mod, and I just downloaded this update. Sometimes when my soldier gets injured, in the healing menu it says "Remove CAT". I press that, but next time I open the menu up, it asks me to remove it again. Shouldn't we be given the option to apply a tourniquet? Or is it supposed to be automatic? Or is more than one automatically applied? :confused:

Thanks in advance. :)

As I stated - we did test the medic changes for several hours and figured out how to use the CAT (which is a great idea BTW but as I said should have been documented). As to the optics changes;

--------------From ACE WAGN-------------

With OA introducing stepped magnification for weapon and vehicle optics, ACE2 tries to simulate the ability of using different type of optics.

Currently there are four types of optics available in ACE2:

Daylight sights (usable at daytime)

Nightvision sights (usable at night, night vision is forced to be used)

Thermal imaging sights (usable at day and night, thermal imaging is forced to be used)

Combinated sight (different modes are available in just one optic)

You can cycle through the different optics using the standard key for zooming in and out. Especially Russian vehicles are commonly known to have different sights for different daytime conditions.

At this moment new type of optics are still WIP. When implented, different optics will be clearly distinguishable in shape and size.

Example

T-72 gunner uses 8x magnified day sight optic and a 5,5x magnified nightvision optic.

So in this case the first step of zoom will represent the 8x day sight and the second step the 5,5x night sight.

HMMWV equipped with CROWS has three steps of daylight magnification and two steps of thermal imaging magnification.

In this case the first three steps (pressing "+") will switch through the day sight optics and the last two steps will change the thermal imaging magnification.

That's what I am talking about. The Vanilla optics for the CROWS has Thermal (white hot/black hot) and Nightvision, for the LAV it has green thermal the green thermal doesn't work in the dark! With ACE these systems work in daytime not at night! I'll put in a request/ticket on ACE though since it seems that maybe the issues with it have been overlooked.

bill, I appreciate your and the ACE teams efforts - you make something I really enjoy, more enjoyable so please understand when I criticize something that I like I am attempting to get either clarification or a positive (in my opinion) change.

Thank you.

Edited by 7th_Serf

bill, I appreciate your and the ACE teams efforts

Who is bill ?

Please report bugs and problems to our tracker, thank you.

Xeno

billion$testicle = bill I figured I'd shorten it. And reported/created request.

Who is bill ?

Xeno

:D :D

Stop dringing

Please help me,

look, i used to love ACE, M4 - M16 (ACE VERSION) HK,they are my favorite weapons, why? until the 1.13 RC (1-5) it was more realistic then others, there's a realistic muzzleflsh, smoke! Now, with the final ace version, when i shot those weapons, at 12:00, the muzzle flash ISNT realistic , okay, i understand, there is some fire when we shot, but, AT NIGHT!

look when he shoots the m4, look at the realistic muzzle flash.

now, look at this recent picture

scaled.php?server=571&filename=arma2oa2012061221255850.png&res=landing

this muzzle flash is not normal in the HK.

The G36, M4, M16, HK and some other guns.

Why they put this excessive muzzle flash? its used to be perfect.

Please help me, i play with those weapons everyday and i am not excited anymore.

Please help me, i play with those weapons everyday and i am not excited anymore.

Same will happen when you get married :D

Same will happen when you get married :D

Sure, but i just would like to know if the ace team has changed the muzzle flash or its a bug?

Help me bud.

Not yet, Ill try after this weekend, I tought I could use mando with. The mando system is weasome, I dont know how I, We, will live without it if its failing to work with ACE, but if thats the case, well...will let you know soon, maybe will try in my machine before the server.

Can a function or module or something be added to turn off the 'locking in place whenever you have a progress bar' change? I can understand why it was added but it's implemented rather poorly as while it'd be very hard to bandage someone without looking at what you're doing the fact you can't look away for even a split second is silly and adds nothing to the game.

edit: Is it intentional to not allow non-medics to bandage friendly units? Because I just tested it out then and I could only bandage myself and nobody else - that seems counter-productive considering every soldier from nearly every armed forces is taught first aid and even if they weren't I think they'd be able to work out how to put a bandage on someone

Edited by Kerc Kasha

Hello! So there was a update on six updater yesterday or day before yesterday so I updated my ACE now something is wrong going on... well here are two pictures:

arma2oa_2012_07_22_15_19_59.png

All I get for treat wounds is Remove CAT no other thing, I wanted to give my self a morphine which I have

arma2oa_2012_07_22_15_20_01.png

When I do it I get some error and when Its done its still there, and it keeps on happening like that... Its not removed at all and I get no option to give my self a bandage nor morphine however I enabled that everyone can use it

Edited by Sakowski

The 'Remove CAT' issue has already been fixed by the Devs IIRC, just hasn't been pushed to Six Updater yet.

Hi. Living ace2 combined with asr ai and tpw suppression. Just incredible. And ace2 is at the core of it all. Kudos.

Now, was looking to expand this threesome to a foursome by adding DAC. I've been trying the script version of dac and doing some research and discovered DAC is already in ace2. I looked at the devheaven ace2 Page and didn't see any info on the ace2 dac version.

So i have two questions.

1. Where can I find documentation on ace2 dac version?

2. Will using both vanilla dac scripted version and ace2's included dac cause weird shit or negatively impact performance?

Thanks for great mod and your hard work.

Hi. Living ace2 combined with asr ai and tpw suppression. Just incredible. And ace2 is at the core of it all. Kudos.

Now, was looking to expand this threesome to a foursome by adding DAC. I've been trying the script version of dac and doing some research and discovered DAC is already in ace2. I looked at the devheaven ace2 Page and didn't see any info on the ace2 dac version.

So i have two questions.

1. Where can I find documentation on ace2 dac version?

2. Will using both vanilla dac scripted version and ace2's included dac cause weird shit or negatively impact performance?

Thanks for great mod and your hard work.

The DAC that comes with ACE is the original, unaltered pbo version. It's up to the mission designer which one is used, pbo or script so no weirdness. Although it seems a waste of resources to embed DAC into the mission if it already requires ACE.

The DAC that comes with ACE is the original, unaltered pbo version. It's up to the mission designer which one is used, pbo or script so no weirdness. Although it seems a waste of resources to embed DAC into the mission if it already requires ACE.

Thank you very much for the answers! I use dac scripted as it is easier for me to learn and to control.

I found that you have to use the script DAC with some islands - the new Lingor for example didn't seem to work with the mod type DAC. Otherwise I'd go with the mod version.

The ammo cookoff seems kind if flaky some times. With AT launchers, its almost impossible to get an ammo cookoff (Even with the Javelin (Tried top and direct) and Metis), let alone disable the vehicle. I've shot T-72s from the rear with SMAW HEAA, MAAWS HEAT, and RPG-7VL and they just turn the turret around and waste me, I even put a satchel charge directly under it after popping it with a MAAWS and it didn't hurt it (The commander wasted me with the .50 after I blew it up). With the GAU-8, its way too easy. One burst on low and I can take out an entire column of T-90s. The AP rounds seem to cause cookoffs WAY more reliably than the HEAT rounds. Are you using penetration to determine what causes fires?

Also, when the turret gets damaged enough(red) the ammo disappears, this causes it to not cook off, perhaps this is one of the reasons why the AT launchers don't really work?

Would it be possible to simulate the molten copper jet for HEAT rounds by making it fire a short range armor piercing round on detonation? Maybe this will mitigate the issue I'm having (If there even is one).

I'll do some more testing to make sure I'm not crazy.

Thats the vehicle damage system... All the cook off stuff ties into existing damage simulation before it which has a number of deficiencies due to Arma.

I found that you have to use the script DAC with some islands - the new Lingor for example didn't seem to work with the mod type DAC. Otherwise I'd go with the mod version.

Well that's strange, cause i just filled up Lingor with over 120 groups, using the DAC mod, without encountering any problem (I'm even surprised that my game's still running fine).

Can someone explain what "cooking off ammo" does, I know it means premature exsplosion, etc here is a wiki article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooking_off, I guess my question is how is it implemented? How does it work?
Just remember cook offs are disabled by default, make sure to place the module for them in your mission. :)

And they do things like:

and

Jnsqrs5ndFY

that looks awesome, looks more realistic than just a simple explosion every time. good work.

since it looks awesome, why not have this as standard?