Ignore that azimuth reading in the firing directions thats only given when the gun is out of traverse more than 400 mils, its a M198 thing to notify the crew they will have to shift the gun (and we don't have an M198 so it doesn't really matter).

Also a 1600 mil mission is pretty large, that is way way out of traverse. In most cases you'd shift the entire battery on to that direction of fire using the aiming circle.

The collimator mil readings are not for the deflection, do not associate the numbers you see in the collimator with the deflection you have entered on the sight unit, the mils on the collimator are showing the amount of displacement you have (how much parallel movement has been made to the collimator).

At 1600 mils traverse I'd imagine the collimator is no longer even useful because you will have displaced the sight unit too much. You will need to use the aiming stakes (I just tried this and that is the case).

Ah, this makes more sense.

I can hit perfectly when the fire mission is only a few hundred mils out of traverse. I guess my clan mates and I need to learn how to reset the gun.

We made the mistake of familiarizing ourselves with all this on an MSO, where the fire missions can spawn all over the map, likely way out of the gun's traverse.

Hi Sickboy, I was wondering how you got mortar ammo in the MagicBox item? (ace_sys_weapons_magicbox) I've been trying to find this file myself so I could decompile it, but no luck. :X

Ummm what box is the mirror in I looked in the most obvius place items box but cant see it in magic box neither.

[size=]

First off I haven't been playing Arma in a while, but rekindled my interest, and have been playing with the Editor recently. And that always means ACE for me great mod; in my opinion the best DLC free content I ever seen in a game.

But more to the point, my question in particular is about Ai using the Tow missile launcher on Hmmwv's. How do you get the Ai to reload them automatically, without having them in your squad? They will fire the one round they started with, then smile politely while been spaghettified by enemy armor. I've been looking trying to find answers to this for about a day now and decided it was time to ask the question. CSW for Ai was the closest I came to answering, I've already been on the Dev and the best explanation it gives is to have them grouped to you as a team leader.

If anyone can answer this please help me out thanx, Ringo!:confused:

[/size]

Edited by Placebo

The TOW humvee might not count as a CSW because it is vehicle-mounted and has a complex manual reload cycle.

But you could always time the reload process and use a scripted reload in the init box.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

After failing to do any damage to tanks with repeated barrages of 105mm DPICM, I noticed that the submunition lacks an ace_hit value in the config.

http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_ammos/ace_arty_105mm_m916_m782/config?version=62

Does this round actually penetrate armor in the game (it is marked as HEAT), and if so, what is the penetration value?

Could someone please fill me in on how to properly employ the tactical banana?

this! what is the banana for?

[size=]

First off I haven't been playing Arma in a while, but rekindled my interest, and have been playing with the Editor recently. And that always means ACE for me great mod; in my opinion the best DLC free content I ever seen in a game.

But more to the point, my question in particular is about Ai using the Tow missile launcher on Hmmwv's. How do you get the Ai to reload them automatically, without having them in your squad? They will fire the one round they started with, then smile politely while been spaghettified by enemy armor. I've been looking trying to find answers to this for about a day now and decided it was time to ask the question. CSW for Ai was the closest I came to answering, I've already been on the Dev and the best explanation it gives is to have them grouped to you as a team leader.

If anyone can answer this please help me out thanx, Ringo!:confused:

[/size]

I would like to know this as well

Edited by Placebo

I know what I'd use a banana for...

x_ringo_x please quit with the obnoxious font/size in your reply, if your words are of interest they'll be noted and replied to without having to use silly fonts and such.

Oops, must have missed that on the forum rules. I would suggest removing any other fonts that you do not want.

:popcornsmilie: Here we go

But seriously guys, how do I use the mirrors?

x_ringo_x please quit with the obnoxious font/size in your reply, if your words are of interest they'll be noted and replied to without having to use silly fonts and such.

:j: You can scroll past them you know...

:j: You can scroll past them you know...

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

You Must Be New Here.

I'm just sayin', its like complaining that the commercials on TV are too loud; that's what the mute button is for. Except in this case, it's like complaining that the commercials are too big and bright.

But yes, I know, forum rules, head forum mod, and all that.

I have a question about using the T-E to aim artillery pieces. In all the training videos I have watched it seems like people are able to use the mouse to aim this. I can't do that though. I was wondering if an update changed this? The only option I have is to move 1 mil at a time and that is painfully slow. Sorry if its an obvious answer, I am stumped!

HsfC2q-3AY0

Just a little something that might make its way into ACE soon.

f*** ! that's seriously dangerous ! is it a tow missil at 2.24 ?

Haha yea... I need to make them a bit more ... crazy... they like to fly rather straight at the moment.

no coment ! seriously i imagine when my tank is fucked up i jump and a tow missile just go on the enemy tank and kill them

hi guys.

just a few questions about ACE 2:

is it possible to just use the ACE 2 AI modification pbo alone?

and about that AI modifications, how is it?

I mean, compared to ASR or Zeus?

thanks