Oh alright. Well, i got you. It doesn't really disappear though, as it has been stated, it just ends up in a bag (this one, i agree, comes frome nowhere) on the ground, near your chopper.

In my opinion though, this comes pretty handy to enforce the fact that if you're the pilot, you're not there to go out and fight, ditching your chopper on the LZ doing so, and to prevent the crew chief to do the same and leave a pilot with no crew.

As for the door gunner, well, just choose a basic rifleman to take on that role, or have somebody else carry his ruck during the flight.

After that, if you ask me (which you don't, but, hell), putting your LZ in a zone where you need your launcher right away means you're trying to insert in the middle of enemy armor. I wouldn't do that anyway. LZ under small arms fire is a hot LZ, under heavy fire is suicide.

And if I get in the door gunner seat automatically? If I duck into the pilot's seat momentarily to check the fuel level of the chopper?

I defend ACE from accusations of excessive faux-realism features all the time, but in this instance, the charge sticks.

If I want to insert in the middle of enemy armor, ACE has no business stopping me. It doesn't model the arming distance on RPGs and therefore seems fine with other forms of suicide. The point isn't that I have to retrieve my launcher, it's that the launcher gets left behind at the embark point for no rational reason.

I agree, if it can put your rifle/other gear in helicopter storage automatically it should be doing the same thing with launchers.

If i'm not mistaken, you cannot get into the gunner seat automatically. And if you just get in momentarily, well, you retrieve your gear when getting out. It's just a simple mouse click after all.

But don't get me wrong, i know what you mean. I can't count the instances where i was about to shoot the first guy to show up cause i lost my friggin gear again just movin a chopper from one place to another, and forgot to deal with it in the first place. Still in my opinion, more good comes out of this than wrong.

And, as you bring it up, modelling rpg's arming distance would be quite a nice feature. Useless, maybe. But nice.

Edit: by the way, now that i think about it, there is already a way to disable that feature, aint'it?

Edited by BlackMamb

When you're rushing to board a chopper, possibly under fire, and trying to hit the Get In Back option on your long list of action menu slots with a finicky mouse wheel at full sprint...

...we should be punished for hitting the wrong thing by having our only defense against armored vehicles stuffed into a bag by a magic genie and ejected from the chopper to be left behind?

I have never come across anyone who realizes that the weapon is dropped on the ground rather than vanished, because it is such a mind-numbingly stupid idea. Maybe it can be disabled, but the In Hands item slot issue is too incredibly worthless to be included at all. I'm fine with ACE introducing difficulties that exist in real life and affect the decisions of soldiers. But ACE should never introduce difficulties that could never exist in real life. The item restriction feature isn't bad entirely, just this part of it.

Is there some way I can make my AI teammate wear the ACE balaclava? I've added it to their gear in the init, but I cannot seem to get them to actually wear it...

i also encounter this issue, voted on https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30990

I've updated the ticket with a repro mission where the problem occurs for me.

EDIT: Actually, even in the editor with no mission it still occurs.

Edited by MavericK96

When you're rushing to board a chopper, possibly under fire, and trying to hit the Get In Back option on your long list of action menu slots with a finicky mouse wheel at full sprint...

...we should be punished for hitting the wrong thing by having our only defense against armored vehicles stuffed into a bag by a magic genie and ejected from the chopper to be left behind?

I have never come across anyone who realizes that the weapon is dropped on the ground rather than vanished, because it is such a mind-numbingly stupid idea. Maybe it can be disabled, but the In Hands item slot issue is too incredibly worthless to be included at all. I'm fine with ACE introducing difficulties that exist in real life and affect the decisions of soldiers. But ACE should never introduce difficulties that could never exist in real life. The item restriction feature isn't bad entirely, just this part of it.

somebody posted a piece of code, that you can put into the init ,so you can disable that "i'll drop launcher when going in as pilot" thing. i'm pretty sure, i saw it once in this thread--> hint to that person..

Devs and other mates, check and vote or assign this tickets please:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32089 <<--Handcuffs broken in MP

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29826 <<--SU planes aiming issue

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31487 <<--Rearming Konkurs

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32212 <<--Proposed new animations for Melee

Thanks! :)

Edited by J-Guid

Just showing my love for ACE in this thread. Stopped using it for a while due to updates but man, what a difference it makes.

Now with these stable releases and calm before the ARMA 3 storm we've taken it back up.

Thanks again guys.

Hi there, ACE devs, and kudos for keeping up the fixing and improving your masterpiece in spite of Arma 3 arriving soon. Since we can safely assume that any rig which manages to run A 2 with a FPS value of measly 15-25 in heavily populated missions will not be able to meet the ACTUAL A 3 sys reqs as in "what you REALLY need to play fluently is not the same as what the packaging says you need", I will still stick to A2 SP fun for a looong time.

In the past, you have made the coding of ACE so stable that even SP, although ACE was never designed to fully support this game mode, was more and more improved and enjoyed most of the cool ACE features reliably and "savegame proof". Now I stumbled upon a rather small issue which is probably not worth a ticket because there may be a solution available within the current build.

I play with ACE,ACEX, and ACEX_RU+ACEX_USNavy alongside my usual mix of mods like parts of COSLX, ASR_AI, ASR Appendix and some of the PROPER and True Tweaks. Now I understood the ACE changelogs in this way that it introduced some time back in the update history the automatic conversion of OA backpacks to ACE rucks in any mission. Is this correct? I did,however, not see an automatic addition of rucks to the Chernarus troops other than medics who wear backpacks in my games on Chernarus, despite using ACEX_RU and ACEX_USNavy. Can this "retroactive equipping with backpacks" somehow be achieved?

Furthermore, what happens to modded units if the have backpack models from OA, but not visible since their classes derive from BIS NAPA? How does the "Disable ruckless" feature affect the appearence of rucks/backpacks in the game on these units and the units within ACEX_RU and ACEX_USNavy?

To be precise: I play the mother of missions, the monster, the majesty: LOST with a setup that puts Staglers Chechen Rebels as the player's faction versus BIS Russians (these will be modified by ACEX_RU, right?) and Staglers GRU Speznaz as opposition. Since this mission heavily relies on scavenging, I use ASR Appendix to add ACE medical supplies into the gameworld which works fine. Vehicles have that stuff and when I played this mission with US forces on Chernarus, the US medics had ACE backpacks.

But when I tried to loot a couple of Staglers Speznaz units I had ambushed, I got the action menu options to open their packs which had names like the packs from OA: "Angriffspack Khaki" it says in my german localisation. I did even see those OA packs in the dead enemies inventory (from which I could freely take all other items), but couldn't take it from their bodies as to give my troops backpacks. In the gear screen I had the option "nehmen", but that did not allow me to get the backpacks from the fallen foes. My troops are the SG Chechen rebels which according to Stagler can use OA backpacks. On some occasions this mission spawns insurgents as help for the player which are BIS NAPA troops. The medics of these spawned troops have the ACE IFAIK, also medipacks and additional bandages in the pistol magazine slots, but no backpack. I also had no launcher or weapon on back when trying to loot the backpacks. What could possibly prevent me from taking the backpacks with a SG Chechen unit?

thanks in advance for your patience and -hopefully- helpful replies

touristo

ACE replaces OA backpacks with ACE equivalents based on 1:1 config definitions, to ensure the replaced backpacks look the same, but use the ACE system instead of BIS's.

Given this, if you want any other OA type backpack from a third-party mod converted to the ACE system, someone has to make the models and configs for them first.

The "disable ruckless" option is about the units which come with backpacks modeled on them but completely unusable. ACE replaces those models by default with "ruckless"

models so they don't look weird when you equip an usable pack with them. The option is there for those who don't want this replacement.

Is anyone else having lock on issues with the ACE Javelin? I've been noticing lately it's very difficult getting a lock. I keep a target in the center and it's like a quick lock and suddenly I lose it again. And a few Sanders missions with enemy tanks coming in is far from fun. I try tracking a tank and it keeps losing lock-on way too easily compared to back in the day when Mando's Javelin system worked. Not sure what's going on. I max zoom, track the target making sure to keep the target as dead center as possible and I just can't get the javelin to behave for me. When it does, the tank is already a few feet in front of me, stopped and taking a shot at me, lol.

I've encountered a few funny things with the Javelin too :D. Make sure you're almost absolutely still when aiming. I always launch from prone if I can.

If you aim little bit higher at that ramp gunner you will have good lock on

Last night playing some domi, and some chatter I noticed something weird with satchel charges.

Their weight specifically, they weight 9.6kg each for me, while they weight ~>2kg for another teammate. Even when I examined his ruck, I saw them as 9.6kg.

I am wonder what is the correct weight, what is going on here.

Is your ACE version up to date? They weighed around 10 kg in an older version of the mod.

is it normal that when I set up a 60mm mortar, aiming post are automatically placed ? I'm doing a night mission and it kinds of break the immersion to have these fluorescent post laying around after the mortar has been moved.

Guys, is it possible to switch off ACE main features ?

I mean is that possible to run only the tankFCS and the AirFCS from the ACE mod. So i do not need Wounding system, CSW, and other feature stuff.

If yes, how to do it ?

Thanks ! :)

Is your ACE version up to date? They weighed around 10 kg in an older version of the mod.

According to six updater, yes. I looked through the change log and I find nothing mentioning that the weight was bumped up.

EDIT: I've verified and rechecked everything. still the 9.6 kg which makes domi challenging as it takes about four to take out at their destructive power.

Edited by siredmond

The satchel weight was increased to 9.6 in the newest version. It was probably done in response to that "satchels are too powerful for their weight" ticket.

Yeah we just noticed the satchel weight playing tonight. Heavy suckers!

Such changes should be in the changelog....

Hello to all

I have the Mod ACRE and their respective mod's needed and also with ACE mod their mod's needed.

After the installation of the mod and some game time the problem appears in the video.

There are problems with the VGA as tested with the other and the problem persists.

Anyone ever had a similar problem?

It may be a problem with my PC:

Motherboard Asus Rampage Extreme X79 Iv lga 775

CPU: Intel Quad Core 3.0

Video Card: HD 6870

Sound: sound blaste live 64

Memory: Corsair ddr3 1333

I do not know if the problem is the ACRE or ACE or my PC

I want to play with ACE + ACRE someone help me please

thank you

PS: I posted the same message on the topic of the ACRE

Hello to all

I have the Mod ACRE and their respective mod's needed and also with ACE mod their mod's needed.

After the installation of the mod and some game time the problem appears in the video.

There are problems with the VGA as tested with the other and the problem persists.

Anyone ever had a similar problem?

No offense but I am having a REALLY hard time trying to understand what you are asking. Some sort of video problem? If so, what is it? Screenshots? You haven't really posted what the problem specifically is.