never heard of hellfire shooted to flying target,hellfire it's an air to ground missile not designed for hitting helicopters

Yup, it's already fair that you can lase and shoot hovering helicopters. IRL it'd be waste trying to use Hellfire against anything faster than usual ground vehicle

Hi guys! I'm trying to activate the AI Talk module and the respawn with same magazine module via script but i've some troubles...

Quite easy, just put the following into init.sqf:

if (isServer) then {
   // AI talk
   ace_sys_aitalk_enabled = true;
   publicVariable "ace_sys_aitalk_enabled";

// vehicle radios
   ace_sys_aitalk_radio_enabled = true;
   publicVariable "ace_sys_aitalk_radio_enabled";

// if player avatar should do random talk too...
   ace_sys_aitalk_talkforplayer = true;
   publicVariable "ace_sys_aitalk_talkforplayer";

// enable respawn with weapons
   ace_sys_playerhud_withresp = true;
   publicVariable "ace_sys_playerhud_withresp";
};

Xeno

Saying it can be done and actually doing it are two different things. :p

The Hellfire users I've talked to in real life have said that would be something fairly hard to do. A hovering helicopter probably not that hard (though again the laser might get screwed up, thats probably whats happening in ACE at least).

If you painted a moving target, wouldn't the missile start trying to hit the ground thousands of meters beyond every time the laser slipped slightly off the fuselage?

I get this error:

File userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp, line 0:
'/CfgSettings/acex_usnavy.define': 'A' encountered instead of '='

When trying to launch ACE. I tried disabling the ACEX USN, but then it gave the same error for another ACE mod. I used Six to check the files, but nothing was found. It worked fine yesterday, I only turned off my computer between now and then.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong section, I couldn't find any open ACE troubleshooting threads.

Lao Fei Mao now you must use all 4 CBA suits

What do you mean? I need to have all 4 dl'd? But do I add all 4 to the shortcut target line too? I'm getting that 'ace_main' error as well.

Thank you Xeno :) I didn't find the variables names on the WAGN....Thank you very much :)

I've come back after an extended A2 vacation. I've updated everything for the game.(most recent stable patch and also betas patch) and updated SU and ACE2 stuff. But now when I try to start the game I get an error that says:

Addon 'ace_main' requires addon 'CBA_OA_XEH'

I can click ok thru this message but when the game opens and the loading screen appears for a few seconds the game CTDs then gives this error:

Include file x\cba\addons\ui_helper\script_dikCodes.hpp not found.

I saw something earlier in this thread about it but the only answer didn't make sense. Something about using 4 suits of CBA?

Any help would be appreciated.

SIX should have given you @CBA_OA and @CBA_A2. You need to load both of those in addition to @CBA now due to CBA being used with Take On as well as Arma.

When you say load you mean add to target line of shortcut?

EDIT:

Think I got it. Thank you.

Now I just gotta figure out what this "hellskitchen" error is coming from. :)

Edited by Manzilla

The new requirement for running @CBA_OA and @CBA_A2 causes problems.

There is something wrong with CBA_A2 in particular. When I launch ACE using a launcher, I get xeh-related error on startup. Then, in the mission, I get dialog claiming that CBA_A2_main is outdated by quite a few versions. And I can no longer load SP missions because CBA_A2 is building dependencies into the save files.

The kicker is that, when I launch using Six Updater, everything works fine. But I'm not going to use Six Updater as an everyday launcher because I'm not a masochist.

Trying a new approach ...

Hey anyone else notice that medic ruck sacks no longer carry medic supplies ?

new feature or is it a bug ?

Trying a new approach ...

Hey anyone else notice that medic ruck sacks no longer carry medic supplies ?

new feature or is it a bug ?

You're right - they seem to be empty. I always fill my own rucks in missions so not sure what they had in them previously. They are definitely empty now though!

Doesn't explain how my backpack vanishes into the aether because I sat in the gunner's seat for a split second, never to be found.

I defend ACE from petty complaints an awful lot in this thread, but sometimes you guys just step right into it.

Doesn't explain how my backpack vanishes into the aether because I sat in the gunner's seat for a split second, never to be found.

I defend ACE from petty complaints an awful lot in this thread, but sometimes you guys just step right into it.

Shouldn't it be in the cargo (not the gear) of the aircraft, thats normally where is goes too?

If you painted a moving target, wouldn't the missile start trying to hit the ground thousands of meters beyond every time the laser slipped slightly off the fuselage?

In theory yes, but I guess that the Apache has a targeting system that allows you to lock on the target and then the target computer will track it.

Sorry maybe i'm too stupid. I got a lot of ammoboxes in the base to test out things. The point is, whenever i pick an SD Weapon+SDmags it's getting so god damn inaccurate, i mean i can't even shoot something 20-30m away. Thats pretty ridiculous. Am i maybe using vanilla SDmags with ACE Rifles or is something mixed up? I'm so confused. I wanna use the SD ones for a missionscript that simulates stealth mode, but i can't shoot ppl with the weapon, cause on like 20m the bullet hits the wall some inches above the red dot. I'm really confused

SD rifle rounds go high at very close ranges because they have a much lower muzzle velocity; in order to hit the range the rifle's zeroed at (I'd guess at 100-150m, but don't hold me to that) the trajectory needs to have a pronounced arc. You don't get it with standard (supersonic) rounds because they travel fast enough to have more or less a flat trajectory out to 300m or so.

Dan;2146062']Shouldn't it be in the cargo (not the gear) of the aircraft' date=' thats normally where is goes too?[/quote']

I tried that. Not to mention, ACE rucks tend to spontaneously disappear all their items when you drop the or switch them around. RPG packs are rocket-eating machines. So far as I know the ticket is still unresolved.

Place this in the init.sqf of the mission

ace_sys_eject_fnc_weaponcheck = {}; //disable aircraft weapon removal

Doesn't fix what your describing but it will stop ace removing the backpack etc when you take a seat you shouldn't.

Please link the ticket maturin.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/25951

Look like you guys resolved it a while ago. But in the comments text of the bug I explained how I have had similar behavior with other rucks as well, but in strangely inconsistent and confusing ways that prevented me from creating a useful ticket on my own. Generally speaking, I don't find I can rely on the ruck system in SP, where they might be changing hands a lot. In recent MP, I have had few problems. Maybe it's been slowly improving.

Where can I find ACE explosions classlist? I know about ACE_C4Explosion but that's it.