posible to generate more random directions ;)?

And guys, can you make a Napalm bomb or weapon class?!

They're much more random, Nou was just holding a very powerful Magnet!! :p

They're much more random, Nou was just holding a very powerful Magnet!! :p

Nah.

class BulletBase;
class ACE_BabySkull_SeekingBullet: BulletBase {

Holy cow - are you ACE boys trying to kill us or something?

Come on guys, can someone please answer whether the Ace mod still has the Little Bird hud or not?

Come on guys, can someone please answer whether the Ace mod still has the Little Bird hud or not?

The DAGR/FLIR version definitely has the HUD.

ok how do oi do that do i just put 450 mis ?? im not very good at this

---------- Post added at 07:48 ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 ----------

ah ok good to know thats why there not on most lists i guess thx a lot

450 secs sorry, just put this into your init.sqf of the mission: ace_wounds_prevTime = 450; if you don't have one, create a textfile with editor or so , name it init.sqf and save it into the mission folder. Then put this code into it and that's it. If you die, you got these 450secs, then if time goes down and it#s close to 0 , cpr is a good choice to increase the time again, so you can do epi, morph and stuff

Any of the devs: I tried the mon-50 yesterday, while adjusting i had a tiny bright window that should be the indicator i guess. but it disappears pretty quick. Is that normal or does it usually stay so i can adjust the claymore for best effect on Infantry?

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

The DAGR/FLIR version definitely has the HUD.

OH it does. I didn't realize it was on the DAGR/FLIR version now. Thank you.

More shrapnel?! Oh my, I think Mr. Shrapnel would be proud that people actually have to hide behind cover when detonating now instead of just going 50+ meters away lol

Edited by SigintArmA
Spelling... it's cover... not covering... x.x

Yea I got inspired to do this after watching people in youtube videos playing go running around like 100-150m away from 155mm rounds going off with out a care. Not gunna wanna do that anymore! :P

hey dunno if this is the right place to ask, but how do I install the ace? I have downloaded both ace and acex packs from armaholic but I'm not sure on what do to next with the files as there is no helpful information in the readme.

Again sorry if this is in the wrong place.

hey dunno if this is the right place to ask, but how do I install the ace? I have downloaded both ace and acex packs from armaholic but I'm not sure on what do to next with the files as there is no helpful information in the readme.

You are almost certainly better off downloading SixUpdater which will help you download and manage your mods. If you are worried about compatibility, then don't be. Six Updater is written by Sickboy who is also a big cheese in the ACE team - they were made for each other!

Download Six Updater and read manual, all inside ;)

450 secs sorry, just put this into your init.sqf of the mission: ace_wounds_prevTime = 450; if you don't have one, create a textfile with editor or so , name it init.sqf and save it into the mission folder. Then put this code into it and that's it. If you die, you got these 450secs, then if time goes down and it#s close to 0 , cpr is a good choice to increase the time again, so you can do epi, morph and stuff

Any of the devs: I tried the mon-50 yesterday, while adjusting i had a tiny bright window that should be the indicator i guess. but it disappears pretty quick. Is that normal or does it usually stay so i can adjust the claymore for best effect on Infantry?

thx a lot i have been thinking about what cpr is used for in game and how to do it for a long time you brought light in2 the dark :thanx:

u dont know by any chance the class name for the ace mine detector ??

Nouber, marry me.

Actually, though, I would be interested in learning more about your frag work. Will the system be able to distinguish between different types of explosives, so an RPG might throw a large piece (with a low hit-chance) a long distance, while proper frag rounds would be more dangerous? Are you more likely to get hit if your are standing just outside the blast radius? Are AI and vehicles targeted? Could shrapnel harm thin-skinned vehicles? Will the system be ready soon? I can't wait to fool around with it.

Actually, though, I would be interested in learning more about your frag work. Will the system be able to distinguish between different types of explosives, so an RPG might throw a large piece (with a low hit-chance) a long distance, while proper frag rounds would be more dangerous? Are you more likely to get hit if your are standing just outside the blast radius? Are AI and vehicles targeted? Could shrapnel harm thin-skinned vehicles? Will the system be ready soon? I can't wait to fool around with it.

The system is based on the configs for the ammo, mainly indirectHitRange and indirectHit values. They are used to determine how far out the system should look for "targets" and how fast the chunks should be moving initially. Individual ammo types can have the system disabled or forced on (if they dont meet the base criteria for the system to automatically track them). Each type of ammo can have its own array of fragmentation ammo types that are spawned. Right now its uses 5.56 and 7.62 as well as 12 gauge slugs. These are not that great, but for now work until I add something better in. Again these can be changed on a per-ammo basis or affecting an entire class of ammo.

A multiplier value can increase or decrease the amount of fragmentation over all. The default value of 1 will throw around 0-3 pieces of fragmentation at a human sized target. A tank gets about 10 or so pieces. The amount is determined by the size of the object in cubic meters based off its bounding box. There is a hard limit of 10 per object. A random deviation is applied to the vector from the explosion to the target.

AI and vehicles are targeted. An empty vehicle will have very little fragmentation thrown at it because there is no AI or human players that would be affected.

There is a total hard limit right now of 120 pieces of fragmentation per explosion for performance reasons (and it is disabled on certain systems like FFAR and the Mk19/AGS-30, too much chance for desync).

In addition to the target hits it takes 10% of the remaining number of pieces available and randomly distributes them for effect.

Thin skinned vehicles are affected. The first time I tested it I was killed instantly in a BTR-70 at 120 some meters from one of the M109's 155mm shells going off. Thinking this was maybe too powerful I tried it a few more times and didn't get hit, so it seems like its pretty decent.

Its in the ACE repo now, enabled by default, and should be in the next release. :)

Cool, is there a test .pbo in the ACE repo (not familiar with that)? I'd like to stress test it on my slow-end laptop.

So i got a MP5-SD on back and A M4 with acog in gear, mixed ammo (stanag+mp5ammo) , when i additionally pick an AT4 or earplugs, it autokicks out my secondary ammo for the mp5..I tried different ways, but it always happens. It's really annoying, cause i always forget to first get at4, plugs or radio, and then get the rifles with mixed ammo..is it a bug or am i missing something??

So i got a MP5-SD on back and A M4 with acog in gear, mixed ammo (stanag+mp5ammo) , when i additionally pick an AT4 or earplugs, it autokicks out my secondary ammo for the mp5..I tried different ways, but it always happens. It's really annoying, cause i always forget to first get at4, plugs or radio, and then get the rifles with mixed ammo..is it a bug or am i missing something??

Another Arma bug.

All magazines you don't have a weapon for when you change your inventory are removed. So you have MP5 magazines and Stanags in your inventory, a M4 is your main weapon - equipped in your hands. The MP5 is 'on your back' - for the engine you do not posses this weapon (MP5), so all magazines belonging to the MP5 (unless you carry them in your backpack) become removed. I think it only occurs when you change weapons (maybe because the engine tries to automatically give you the magazines needed, even if none, for the new selected weapon and therefore removes the ones which are 'obsolete'), and since AT4 and Earplugs are technically weapons, your magazines are gone.

yeah allright, then i follow that equipping-order and pick the rifles+mags in the end..thx for info