Is there a spreadsheet somewhere that has all of ACE's RHA estimates for vehicles and ammo types? It would make testing a lot easier, and save a lot of sketchy research. Would this information be presented in the configs somehow?

See you in ARMA 3 ;-) (And who knows what TOH brings ;))

Yeah, let's see what TOH brings ;)

Xeno

Yeah, let's see what TOH brings ;)

Xeno

:jump_clap:

I guess now is a really good time to get ToH. Another question: How does the new? aiming system in ToHinds work?

I've been working(building) on a Single-Player campaign based on the AH-6J Little Bird where the player is ground support pilot. In the mean time I decided to install ACE2 (and ACEX)... Its great, I like it… And it came with new “littlebird helicopters †(under category: Air(SOAR) whatever that means?) which will go along with my campaign nicely…. However, it removed something which is vital in the campaign I’m making…

Normally, on recruit(difficulty), without ACE, little “orbs†highlight distant units making them easily visible. They are normally white but then turn Green if the unit is identified as friendly or Red if ID’d as enemy… For an example of these “orbs†see: http://wow.upperplace.com/displayimage.php?pid=157&fullsize=1

Notice the green orb on the chopper (upper left corner) and also the green & red orbs in the center of the screen…

When flying in the little chopper, which has no gunsight like the APACHE or COBRA does, these orbs are critical in both seeing and identifying ground soldiers….

After installing ACE, these orbs completely disappeared. This made many of the missions I was working on nearly impossible. When trying to hunt down infantry in an AH- 6J you cannot hover 1000M away and pick-off targets… Heck, you can’t even see them with zoom until you get less than 500M when flying at 200AGL…. And since the guns are fixed, the whole chopper has to be pointed at the target.

I took to the net and couldn’t find any answers, So I tried to figure out which ACE files were causing this… I spent the whole day removing files from the ACE directory and restarting ARMA2 and have finally found out that there is no single file responsible for the removal of these Orbs…

Currently, I’ve removed about 15 Ace files and have finally got the Orbs to reappear but only if I fly the original AH-6J chopper. When I fly the choppers which came with ACEX (Air SOAR) the Orbs are not visible which leads to the problems stated above… When I fly with the AH-6J or any Choppers which came with Arma2CO then the Orbs are visible and everything works fine…

Does anyone know what this “Orb†feature is called? And more importantly how to “enable†the Orb feature in ACE? It’s a must for my campaign.

Thanks,

VS

@vonsteimel - when you asked about this in the other thread, I did not realise you were actually using ACE. ACE makes things harder and more realistic if you want to keep the helper highlights you get in recruit mode then it's better to stay in Vanilla and not use ACE.

However, it is probably worth you learning how to identify and fire at targets without these helpers. I don't know of a single other person that I play with that uses them! Once you get used to it, and with a bit of practice you can start to spot enemies more easily. A single infantryman is always going to be hard, but a group are relatively easy to spot and vehicles easier still (look for dust etc).

I've been working(building) on a Single-Player campaign based on the AH-6J Little Bird where the player is ground support pilot. In the mean time I decided to install ACE2 (and ACEX)... Its great, I like it… And it came with new “littlebird helicopters †(under category: Air(SOAR) whatever that means?) which will go along with my campaign nicely…. However, it removed something which is vital in the campaign I’m making…

Normally, on recruit(difficulty), without ACE, little “orbs†highlight distant units making them easily visible. They are normally white but then turn Green if the unit is identified as friendly or Red if ID’d as enemy… For an example of these “orbs†see: http://wow.upperplace.com/displayimage.php?pid=157&fullsize=1

Notice the green orb on the chopper (upper left corner) and also the green & red orbs in the center of the screen…

When flying in the little chopper, which has no gunsight like the APACHE or COBRA does, these orbs are critical in both seeing and identifying ground soldiers….

After installing ACE, these orbs completely disappeared. This made many of the missions I was working on nearly impossible. When trying to hunt down infantry in an AH- 6J you cannot hover 1000M away and pick-off targets… Heck, you can’t even see them with zoom until you get less than 500M when flying at 200AGL…. And since the guns are fixed, the whole chopper has to be pointed at the target.

I took to the net and couldn’t find any answers, So I tried to figure out which ACE files were causing this… I spent the whole day removing files from the ACE directory and restarting ARMA2 and have finally found out that there is no single file responsible for the removal of these Orbs…

Currently, I’ve removed about 15 Ace files and have finally got the Orbs to reappear but only if I fly the original AH-6J chopper. When I fly the choppers which came with ACEX (Air SOAR) the Orbs are not visible which leads to the problems stated above… When I fly with the AH-6J or any Choppers which came with Arma2CO then the Orbs are visible and everything works fine…

Does anyone know what this “Orb†feature is called? And more importantly how to “enable†the Orb feature in ACE? It’s a must for my campaign.

Thanks,

VS

Orbs are ugly as hell, just use waypoints to mark targets. Flyboys around here will enjoy the challenge.

Hello, i am from Russia and I have a suggestion!!!

You need to implement a lower gear in the transport, cause when people ride on the tanks up the hill at a speed of 5 km / h, it looks funny, cause in real life tanks can go 30 km/h up the hill. I do not know whether the reduced transmission of American technology, but in Russian it is accurate. I think? that very important, cause when you go with speed 5 km/h anyone can shoot you with the RPG.

I think it needs to be implemented in the next patch.

Sorry for my bad english.

Switch to third person and look to the side how steep the hill actually is. The values BIS uses aren´t that far of from the real thing. Of course you can drive up a small bump with 30 km/h but your gearbox will need some maintenance afterwards.

Uhh, question, is there a Ace_sys_slowonsand? i sware i saw it once when i paused, if so i guess thats why vehicals are so sluggish on takistan, anyway i can disable this? (assuming it exists, init command?)

I now give you an example of the arma when low speed is prevented: we stormed the castle on chernorusia, I was the driver of BMP, we walked the forest and the castle began to climb the mountain, I climbed into it at a speed of 1 km / h, the second we lost in the BMP climbing up the mountain, and with it the separation which rode in it, because they are faster than my BMP climbed the hill, and they were all shot with a machine gun

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Second example: driving a convoy of tanks and two KAMAZ trucks, as the tank was traveling at a speed of 20 km / h, kamaz overtook him, and were destroyed by shot of Abrams

OK lets see

Kamaz Truck 8t 240HP -> 30 HP/t

T-90 47t 1000HP -> 21 HP/t

A Kamaz would indeed go faster uphill than a tank.

1. T-90 engine 840 hp

2. In our community we haven't t-90, we have t-72

T 72 18,8HP/t

seriously, a kamaz truck will always be first on the hill

But t-72 got bigger off-road speed, then kamaz, and one time I go on t-72 with 170 km/h speed

But t-72 got bigger off-road speed, then kamaz, and one time I go on t-72 with 170 km/h speed

You mean IRL? Do you have experience with tanks?

In real life t-72 can go with 90 km/h

---------- Post added at 01:17 ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 ----------

Will you do a lower gear for transport?

I can´t speak for the ACE Devs, but I think its impossible.

Sorry for my bad english

What time have you now?

It's 1:15 in saint-Petersburg now

Edited by Gambon

Who in this forum ACE Devs?

Theres many but they are all specilizzed in diffrent things, Sickboy is the project lead

P.s don't double post, use the edit button :P

Seems the devs closed up the repository for commoners...

No more lurking for me :(

Seems the devs closed up the repository for commoners...

No more lurking for me :(

Somehow the module was turned off, fixed.

How in the heck do I get the AI to ride INSIDE the ACE2 APC's (such as the BDRM-1)? I'll assign say 5 guys to get in the vehicle and 1 gets in as the driver, 1 gets in as a gunner and the other 3 sit on top of the vehicle... There are not only open cargo seats but also open Machingunner seats! I've tried even creating a trigger using the "joe MoveInCargo [vehicle, 1]" trying to see if I could find what #s represented the cargo/machinegunner positions inside... But it seems none of the inside positions are considered "Cargo" in the sense that the "MoveInCargo" command uses.... So, how do I get these in-breds to get INSIDE the dang APC instead of sitting on top completely exposed...?

Thanks,

VS

Hey Sickboy, or Ace team, asking permission if I may use this logo of yours http://wiki.armed-assault.hu/images/8/80/Ace_logo.jpg

Im creating a logo which is the merge of COWarMod Skull-->http://www.arma2base.de/content/images/cowarmod.jpg, meshed with ACE.

I would actually only use the skull itself not the box around or anything.

I have a COWarModACe compatible version for CoWarMod that I will be releasing in April and the log I have and my idea is anyways is to have the 2 skulls joined together,

ace logo on one side and CoWarMod on the other, logo would give the user/player the idea that when they place the ACe version of CoWarMOD that its the ace compatible version,

also its really for a more professional look for my mod. But I'd give you guys full credits for the use of your logo, only for this idea of course.

Your thoughts.