After running the latest ACE hotfix (r524) and the associated CBA (r177) we've experienced some rather major slowdowns. Low FPS even in the simplest missions. Anyone else?

edit: appears to be a memory leak of some sort. FPS drains away, memory usage increases.

-k

The same problem.

I'm a bit of a newbie who recently added the ace2 mod to arma2:co, I know that you can enable the aiming reticle if you want and that there are two interaction menus through ace options, but I kind of liked the old interaction icon, the one which allows you to point to a location to move your team. For the life of me I can't find any info if there is a way to enable that feature back into the ace2 mod. Any ideas?

update: fired up arma and the icon is visible, weird.

Edited by Foxhound
post moved to the ACE thread

Thats what i love about you guys, you answer so quick, thx a lot. But shouldn't mando work with that damage system, or do i have to turn it off globally for my mission?
Up until now I don't remember to have read issues with the damage system and Mando, perhaps check with Mando.

Is there a reason it wont let me change the button for app menu in the ace settings tab? Everytime i change it it seems to change back to appmenu which is a button i dont think i even have on my laptop hence me trying to change it.

How would i use the uav aswell in chux 1.8 warfare is it the same as vanilla where you buy the uav and have the ground uav vehicle to control it?

I'm getting a lot of lag now when trying to do "Examine" actions, as well as progress bar lag when using morphine, epi, first aid, etc.

Also, I was getting some weird lag where I would exit a vehicle immediately, then the ACE "exiting" animation would play after the fact.

Only started happening after this recent update.

I run a 10 man Dedicated server and run ARMAOA Domination 2.60z with CBA,ACE,ACEX.

We have been playing for months now with no problems, apart from this mysterious Abrahms Invisible Tank Bug.

Our Clan is a mix of CO and OA and Some of each experience this bug but not all.

What it is is that when we receive an M1 Abrahms tank as a reward it is simply only visible to HALF our clan.

It's not JUST CO users or OA users but a combination of both.

ALL mods are banguptodate with Sixupdater, EVERYONE is running the correct version but when in the game

only 50% of the people can see M1 Abrahms. I don't believe it is domination as the bug as been there since 2.57 and we are now at 2.60z.

SOMETIMES, not all the time, I get an error message File missing acex.veh_m1, I click OK and can join and play, but don't see the Abrahms tanks. I have checked my files and the server files and done a fresh DL of ACE and ACEX, then uploaded them to the server to no avail. My Files are there in my addons and servers addons directory.

SOMETIMES, I don't even get the message the file is missing when I sign on, and I have changed nothing, and STILL

do not see the reward tanks lol.

Anyone any Ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Jax

Is there a reason it wont let me change the button for app menu in the ace settings tab? Everytime i change it it seems to change back to appmenu which is a button i dont think i even have on my laptop hence me trying to change it.
https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28688
I'm getting a lot of lag now when trying to do "Examine" actions, as well as progress bar lag when using morphine, epi, first aid, etc.

Also, I was getting some weird lag where I would exit a vehicle immediately, then the ACE "exiting" animation would play after the fact.

Only started happening after this recent update.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28689

@Sickboy

Is there a changelog what has been hotfixed since 522 to 527. Can't find any info on wagn on it.

Ahh ok, thank you.

EDIT: I don't know where to post this, but on the Six Updater the @Hexagon mod is corrupted somehow. Can't update, it aborts.

Edited by Kroky

Hi,

I've been googling for ages for this and have referred to http://ace.dev-heaven.net/documentation for help, but it does not list the feature.

How the hell do you use the damn spotting scope?? I deploy it, it sits there, I get in using CSW menu, and he just lies there as if he's working on his tan. No interaction button or menu enables me to actually look down the bloody thing.

Can someone please tell me how to use it?

Thanks

If it's really ANY vehicle, then there is something wrong with your mods.

Well I've updated ace and it's still the same way, backpacks disappear. I did run ace only and still had the problem, than I thought it might be ACE_PLA, off also, ok still backpacks gone.. Only way backpacks/launchers stay on the character getting in vehicles is when i run vanilla..

mhh, Launchers or Backpack Loosing in vehicles as driver, gunner or commander is normal in ACE?

Also get in as a Jetpilot, when you get out of the Jet you have loosen your Rifle too.

The same thing in Helicopters, if your Weapon isnt an SMG, or you have a backpack equipped you will loose it if you get in as pilot or doorgunner or captain too.

But, some vehicles let a Bag on the ground with your equip.

Well I've updated ace and it's still the same way, backpacks disappear. I did run ace only and still had the problem, than I thought it might be ACE_PLA, off also, ok still backpacks gone.. Only way backpacks/launchers stay on the character getting in vehicles is when i run vanilla..
See http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Crew_Restrictions

If you are experiencing it differently, find http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting and create a ticket with details, exact reproduction steps, preferably a small repro mission, and your RPT file. Thanks.

mhh, Launchers or Backpack Loosing in vehicles as driver, gunner or commander is normal in ACE?

Also get in as a Jetpilot, when you get out of the Jet you have loosen your Rifle too.

The same thing in Helicopters, if your Weapon isnt an SMG, or you have a backpack equipped you will loose it if you get in as pilot or doorgunner or captain too.

But, some vehicles let a Bag on the ground with your equip.

See above

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

Ahh ok, thank you.

EDIT: I don't know where to post this, but on the Six Updater the @Hexagon mod is corrupted somehow. Can't update, it aborts.

Where to put it? In the Six Updater Thread of course, or on the Six Updater support section? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=118605 & http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Hexagon is replaced by OFRP.

Since the latest hotfix a few of our members have found that they have serious stamina issues such as blacking out whilst walking over distance, with only 20-30kg's of weight. Currently trying to replicate this with other users, however it seems like an error on their end. They are re-downloading @ACE and re-running Aceclippi before we try to replicate the error again before posting it as a bug with RPT's and a mission. A quick question, is stamina etc calculated clientside? As it seems odd that only a select few had issues that seemed impossible to reproduce for others, and that they had the issue with varying loadouts and in various unit slots that others had no problems with.

-Cpl Taylor/Shorty :)

members gassing -Cpl Taylor/Shorty :)
Some players haven't figured out how to not run out of a crouch, or have their optics zoomed, or how to even walk slow. Not sure if its some thing like that, but i have seen it happen allot. The new Stamina is not as forgiving as the versions at the first of the month(feb) but they work fine for our group.

Its nothing to do with crouch running, or the hold breath zoom etc. They are seasoned players that have used over a long period of time. And it was at a walk, weapon down, safety on and their weight was never above 35kgs.

APACHE LOAL modes not working at all!

correct me if I am wrong:

human pilot, ai gunner, LOAL DIR, 114K + human spotter = HITS whatever targeted?

the hellfires just go straight no matter what mode I am in! is that because its a AI gunner?

See http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Crew_Restrictions

If you are experiencing it differently, find http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting and create a ticket with details, exact reproduction steps, preferably a small repro mission, and your RPT file. Thanks.

See above

Ye well I think that's what the problem is then, but is this new since 1.60 update cause i never had any backpacks gone when i had 1.59, I didn't have ace updated when I updated the game and then it started so I tried updating ace, domination we played maybe and I still have it.. so I don't know if it has anything to do with ace really.. Or did you guys add this backpack "feature" in just since last 1.60 update..

UPDATE:

Well I guess it's the feature indeed cause in the back off vehicles the backpack isn't gone.. so I guess it isn't a bug.. well if these small things catch notice at the ace dev team you might actually insert something like taking a drink or whatever to lower stamina more frequently.. I know that can be real nice on long term missions I've played..

Edited by RavoC