Sorry to hear the ArmA 2 chapter of ACE is coming to a close. Wonderful work on this excellent mod.

One question: Did you remove the "Attach satchel to vehicle" action? I can't seem to do it anymore. Usually when you placed a satchel next to a vehicle, you could interact with it and get an option such as "Attach satchel to tractor" or something.

Thanks

EDIT: And one more small question: Is there any sort of iron sight on the M119? Not the optics that you can use with the aim down the sight button, but an iron sight, or an over the barrel view, or something.

Edited by Twan

Search option in ace.dev-heaven.net fails with this error:

RuntimeError: match not implemented

{"match":"_keyword", "sort":"relevance" }

Thx Giallustio.

I don't understand...Did u find it or not? :)

One question: Did you remove the "Attach satchel to vehicle" action? I can't seem to do it anymore. Usually when you placed a satchel next to a vehicle, you could interact with it and get an option such as "Attach satchel to tractor" or something.

It's still there. You need to arm it before you can attach it now.

Ok, thanks, I must have forgotten to arm it.

EDIT: Oh, the satchels are no longer able to be attached, but IEDs are.

Edited by Twan

Ok, thanks, I must have forgotten to arm it.

EDIT: Oh, the satchels are no longer able to be attached, but IEDs are.

You can attach satchels. Set timer, arm, then attach.

Yes, remote detonation work fine on both satchels and IEDs.

Ok, thanks, I did not try to set timer, I was just using remote detonation and trying to attach it after, I got it now!

I don't understand...Did u find it or not? :)

Yes, I find the information, thx.

I just advice about seach failure in dev wiki of ACE2.

Best regards

As I was hibernating, I believe that ACE Team was doing so ... but I manage -at last- to host hotfixed ACE 1.13 on Armed Assault.info

@ACE v1.13.0.522 hotfix2 : http://www.armedassault.info/download.php?cat=addons&id=1885

@ACEX v1.13.0.353 hotfix2 : http://www.armedassault.info/download.php?cat=addons&id=1886

@ACEX RU v1.13.0.64 : http://www.armedassault.info/download.php?cat=addons&id=1887

@ACEX USNavy v1.13.0.67 hotfix2 : http://www.armedassault.info/download.php?cat=addons&id=1888

@ACEX SM v1.13.0.100 : http://www.armedassault.info/download.php?cat=addons&id=1889

and of course :

CBA hotfix v0.8.3.175 (v hotfix2) : http://www.armedassault.info/download.php?cat=addons&id=1884

The hotfixes get incorporated into the main download upon release, meaning you need to either run the 'Verify & Repair' option in 6updater or re-download the whole package off ArmAholic.

Can the aircraft towing tractor actually tow aircraft?

I have attempted to get this working....

• Placed an empty towing tractor on the map. (CARS/Towing Tractor [uSMC]).
  • Placed an empty aircraft on the map (an A10, an AV8B and a C130-J).
  • I have retrieved the towing rope from the tractor.
  • I have attached to TOWER on the tractor.

Unfortunately I can't get attach to TOWED to appear for any of the aircraft. I placed them directly behind the tractor at various distances over several tries.

I can get it to work on other wheeled vehicles though so I think I am doing it correctly.

Is it possible?

You don't use the tow rope. Just back the towing tractor up to an aircraft and use the "attach" option on the action menu.

You don't use the tow rope. Just back the towing tractor up to an aircraft and use the "attach" option on the action menu.

lol - thanks for that. I guess that's not even an ACE function then?

Documentation site search fixed.

Thanks master.

lol - thanks for that. I guess that's not even an ACE function then?

It is an ACE feature. Like so many small things/features you sometimes won't notice immediately :)

Xeno

The hotfixes get incorporated into the main download upon release, meaning you need to either run the 'Verify & Repair' option in 6updater or re-download the whole package off ArmAholic.

Yes but ArmAholic and the ACE wiki state there is one hotfix1, whereas he posted links to hotfix2. According to the ACE wiki it doesn't exist.

Wel ive been trying to dl cba_oa and ace mod but every one i get doesnt work......someone help?

Do you have ArmA2: Combined Operations (It has both ArmA2 and ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead) or do you have only one of the two? That could be part of the problem?

does anyone else have the issue where you tow aircraft 1/2 the plane disappears into the ground? only one that seems to not do it is the A-10.

Edited by islesfan186

does anyone else have the issue where you tow aircraft 1/2 the plane disappears into the ground? only one that seems to not do it is the A-10.

Yes, I get that too - it doesn't damage the aircraft though so I can live with it!

One thing I noticed yesterday was that the pagination in the FEATURES section of the documentation no longer works. The 'next page' link got screwed up somewhere along the way. The search works so it's no big deal, but I used to like clicking through to see what major features were there that I have never used but should have by now!!

How about a ticket on both issues, and any future issues :)