Sign in to follow this  
D.Sloane

Arma 2 CO problem with steam

Hello all,

i was playing arma 2 co with ace till 1-2 months ago. i was away for a while and didn't play it. today i want to play some and updated ace to last version. then downloaded the 1.60 rc4 and started arma 2 co as usual from steam. batch file did its thingy then i got into game.

problem is arma2 is showing up as loaded but i cannot join any server with arma2 files in and i get errors about arma2 files while opening the game. game still opens but only arma 2 oa and dlcs are there. arma 2 also shows up as in expansions at the main menu but the files are not here(my arma2 is installed in a different directory. but it wasn't a problem for all this time i was playing.).

my arma 2 is disk version. arma 2 oa and dlcs are from steam. also 1.60 rc4 didn't update my arma2. when i run it standalone, it shows version 1.07 on the main menu.rc4 only updated the arma 2 oa and dlcs.

so what can i do? i uninstalled and installed oa and dlcs. didn't do it to arma2 though. but i sceptical that its related to that. so what can i do or did i do something wrong?

thank you.

Edited by Gungoren

v1.60 was officially released today. Try it @ arma2.com

Its installed on top of my steam version with no issues so far.

official update from steam and manual update to arma2 resolved the problem. thanks :)