Sign in to follow this  
drdavid

Mission 10 - Start/refuelling...

O.K. - I'm in the heavy at the Heliport at the start of 10. Refuelling has been going on for almost an hour - how do I end it, please? There seems no way round this - the 'refuelling' message just keeps on flashing.

Thanks - Dai. :cool:

Look at the fuel gauge ;), it doesn’t take long to fill, but prior to patch 1.03 as the blades were wind milling around with a player sat in it (engine off) fuel would be used, hence the constant refuelling of very small amounts.

Thanks, b101 - but I'm still in the dark! Here's some more background:

1. At End of Mission 10's 'office dialog', and having agreed to try the contract (career), I found myself in the Light and when I started, the rotors came off and the game suspended. On re-starting 10, I found the Light in the Hangar - where someone had pushed it after I finished with it in the previous Mission (I think). Rotor on ground in pieces. Now, a maintnence 'dialog' started - with a list of unknown problems posted on the screen (top right). Dutifully found all the problems, bar 1 ($137) and, as I couldn't start the Light, found a 'Buy/Sell' dialog at the work bench. Sold it ($160,000) and leased another.

2. The 'new' Light also needed a maintenance dialog, but after finishing that, the machine is still in the Hangar so I can't 'fly' it out and I haven't the strength (will power, more like) to drag it out...

3. Go outside to find the Heavy. Needs maintenance - so go through that again, but still that $137 problem outstanding. Notice that the Heavy is already loaded with some nice police types and our friend the Security man. So, get in and try to Auto-Start. Then comes the 're-fuelling' - here's a pic:

Refuel_Problem_23Dec11.jpg

Now, you're going to say - Why is the cockpit 'cold and dark' and no instruments showing? Very good point - Why is etc, etc?

Was it the incomplete maintenance? (Dunno!) Have I missed Patch 1.03? (I'll check). Is the maintenance dialog 'programmed in' to the start of 10? Who pushed the Light into the Hangar in the first place? (Sneaky Vrana operatives, Santa's little helpers, etc)

Great Game, though - makes you think. Although I wish the actors could get their lip-synch right...

Oh, and thanks for reading the above - sorry if I got carried away. Any help much appreciated!

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Installed 1.03 - no change - still refuelling.

Tried start manually - get thrown out of game...

Not a happy bunny!!

I just completed mission 10 Takedown, and had some similar troubles at start. After selecting this mission (career), a heli select box came up. I had light and heavy in possession, and chose heavy, as winch was needed. All helis were fully repaired. But the heavy wouldn't start no matter what I did. I saw the refueling message intermittently. The starters wouldn't kick in, and throttle to idle had no effect but to eventually damage the heavy, leading to mission fail.

I got around this by selling the heavy and buying a medium with all accessories (winch, FLIR camera, etc.) Then Mission 10 would start normally, and I could fly off happily.

Thanks, OMAC - sold Heavy and bought Medium Civil. But as this was in the Hangar, had to use the Light - Ropes deployed O.K. Still working on Hayden...

Onwards and Upwards, eh?

Onwards and upwards indeed!

I stopped Hayden and finished the campaign. But I still have one sling load contract to complete.

Still don't know what exactly was in the smuggled container - something illegal from Zargabad (weapons?).