Sign in to follow this  
Faye

Police lights

As I am trying to make a rope drop mission into an airport hostage situtation (including a firefight) i love to have a plane surround my policecars with working lights.

i scrolled trhought the wiki and i cant find something to turn the sirens/lights on. is this even possible as it would create a beter atmosphere into the missions

Oh if it isnt possible then close this. i was searching for a missing command if it exist

You have to script it (for red/blue lights) for the police car, with the ambulance and fire truck you can cheat a little by attaching perimeter light objects as the body of the perimeter light gets hidden inside the ambulance/fire truck modal, you cannot do that with the police car as it looks silly as the body of the perimeter lights can be seen

So e.g. with the airport fire truck, place one and call it “ft1â€, then create an orange and a blue perimeter light,

In the orange perimeter light init section type:

this attachTo [ft1,[-1.19, 2.15, 1.13]];

In the blue perimeter light init section type:

this attachTo [ft1,[1.19, 2.15, 1.13]];

For the ambulance (called amb1) you need 4 blue perimeter lights and in their respective init section type one of the following

(note that the modal 0,0,0 point is off-centre hence the X value -0.49 vs. 0.68 is not symmetrical)

this attachTo [amb1,[0.68, -0.18, 0.7]];

this attachTo [amb1,[-0.49, -0.18, 0.7]];

this attachTo [amb1,[-0.49, -2.5, 0.7]];

this attachTo [amb1,[0.68, -2.5, 0.7]];

For police cars you are better off using other types of light to flood the area with strobe effect thus one police car in the middle of a couple of other police car/emergency vehicles throws off enough light, if you add the folder in the .zip file below to the same place your editor missions are saved e.g. C:\Users\PC user name\Documents\Take On Helicopters\TKoH user name\missions you can open it up in the editor with the lights listed above and a ~78PPM xenon double flash area effect on the police car that uses the sqf files included.

lighttest.United_States_H.zip

lights1.sqf = creates the red and the blue lights on pc1 (police car 1) and calls red1.sqf & blue1.sqf to start the lights flashing,

red1.sqf & red2.sqf (like blue1.sqf & blue2.sqf) just loop to maintain the flashing state, to stop the lights flashing you need to use deletevehicle pc1redlight or pc1bluelight e.g. via a trigger.

e.g.

x1PVAWVvQuI

Edited by b101_uk
1st youtube vid added, 2nd 78PPS vs.78PPM

Thnx , yesterday in bed this idea hits me too but still didnt know how will give this a try today. Still need to figure out scripting tho but this will give a nice start

Rok made a clever "Locator" mission for the community preview in which a police car has spinning blue lights and siren. perhaps you could see how he did it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1971187&postcount=2

media, lights begin at 4m28s

aGhiRpEqEVc?t

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;2076517']Rok made a clever "Locator" mission for the community preview in which a police car has spinning blue lights and siren. perhaps you could see how he did it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1971187&postcount=2

media' date=' lights begin at 4m28s

aGhiRpEqEVc?t[/quote']

Isn't that the standard ambulance in OA? I recall that already had a rotating lightbar from stock by just turning the lights on at night.

Isn't that the standard ambulance in OA? I recall that already had a rotating lightbar from stock by just turning the lights on at night.

ambulance.jpg

yep. you are right. sorry, for misleading. :16_6_8:

heh, I didnt know it was stock :j:

I just have an idea.. If you have a track IR.. Ok it work for view. But if you install free track and config it to be your mouse. So it will control the light am I right?

So the light follow the track ir View.. Logic. Then just have to bind pause/start freetrack to "L" light by default.. Or may be it's a phare?

Edited by hon0