Sign in to follow this  
maruk

Please share your 1.60 impressions

All in all I must say this patch is a huge leap forward. Astonishing to see such a small team make such massive

improvements! Other devs can't accomplish something like this in a complete year. It's worth every penny!

Since the 1.60 Beta Units stuttering when i want film them with the camera.sqs script or with GCam, but only when i want to follow them. If the Camera is free anything is fine. But this Problem makes it very hard for every Movie Maker to caputre stuff out of ArmA.

Youtube Video of my Problem.

UwZLJhVvU5I

Ticket also created.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27441

@Berliner19

That happens because of the interpolation changes in 1.60.

You have to ask the GCam creator to rewrite his stuff, like already mentionend in the ticket.

Xeno

Hmm, everyones patting each other on the back , and there are some major issues.. like peoples games crashing due to the reinforcemnts/J armalib2 thing, reg issues with PMC etc... btw where is the complaints thread.... i was down for a week as well as several others,reinstalling stuff , reg cleaning etc and had to go deep to find out what was going on, i mean whole squads where down due to this and everyones goin on about .... what are you guys goin on about any way .. allocatores blah blah fix it please.

@Berliner19

That happens because of the interpolation changes in 1.60.

You have to ask the GCam creator to rewrite his stuff, like already mentionend in the ticket.

Xeno

Hmm ok....but the same is with the normal camera.sqs.

Hmm ok....but the same is with the normal camera.sqs.

Then camera.sqs needs to be updated too :)

Xeno

Brilliant patching here, thank you BI for such an improvement. It shows you still value satisfying players through giving the best experience possible, even when in the process of developing a new game.

I haven't experienced any even minor issues as of yet and won't be disappointed even if I do as this patch is so good.

Edited by Paronomasia12

Is any one noticing a hell of a lot more crashes more than before and its not just me 4 or 5 members are having this all the time ctd black screen then no crtl alt delete stops working so its a hard reset.

Also my cpu temps are hitting 80-90d and just swithing off. The temps have been fine till i patched now me and some others are noticing more crashes on server and

missions that worked on 1.59 dont for 1.60 seems its got worse after installing this patch

1 cars and atv on hills now bounce

2 A lot of working scripts now don't work even the test missions

3 flashing and glitchy rocks from arma2 rock wall and the like looks bad in the distance

4 bushes and trees dont seem to load detail lod when near looks like vaseline over the model bluring it

5 problems with caweapons ammo box stopping members joining servers

6 mso has slowed loading times to 7 ,minutes to complete script setup

Love this game and thanks for the patch but it seems worse for some of us now even when running vanilla were having the ctd's

Try newer beta patches because the crash problems are already fixed since about x-mas; http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

I reckon an official 1.60 hotfix1 or small 1.61 patch would become available sometime coming days.

I would welcome that, especially since some fixes server side, and not many are willing to do that manually on their servers...

At this very moment there are way too many versions available (betas and hotfixes) post 1.60 patch...

Gotta say again how impressed I am with everything.1.60 and latest beta as of today(can't remember exact version).

No crashes since betas just before official 1.60 and none after and that is playing/editing for many hours a day(addict :) ).

All these improvements has added an unbelievable amount of depth to the MP aspect in all the most little details yet huge end result in gameplay quality.Something as simple as seeing those damn hind helicopters from afar makes all the difference(they are ruthless now but in a more realistic way if that makes sense :) ).All the fixes since official update in BETA patches are quite welcome and noticed Keep up the awesome work Bohemia.I hope the free MP takes off over time and I mentioned it in steam "suggestions" thread to make the Free MP added to there Free games section.Probably nobody there listening but you never know.

Edited by cotabucky

BIS, thanks a lot for the reveal command change!

Finally it is possible to get the AI to recognize an enemy at night (without NVGoggles)! :)

Awesome patch BIS, thanks.

Path Finding

Haven't read all the reports, but is this causing a few lag or stutter issues for peoples?

I've noted that ships can case a huge lag when they get to waypoints and "look ahead" to their next WP.

Now, as I've only noticed it with my ships on a custom island, and I haven't spent any further time researching, I'm not about to open a ticket (or support a ticket?) just yet.

Hi

Yes, great patch - e.g., AI is much more hazardous to one's health :)

I found a bug in 1.59 just before the official release, & it's still there in 1.60. One of the OA buildings has a couple of open doors that block bullets until the muzzle has entered the room.

CIT created:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27492

Thanks, and HNY to all at BIS

Orcinus

Edited by Orcinus
typos

I really don´t know.

I did a ffresh install of Arma applied all the patches defragmented with ultimate defrag and still get slow LOD loading/switching on Trees bushes and Houses, freezes from time to time or complete Game freezes/crashs . Didn´t have those problems prior to 1.60 (RC3 was the last RC I used).

I think that everytime a crassh occured it was during the end of a radio transmission (the conversation with the AI where they call out targets ad stuff) when the finall bleep should have been played..

Specs:

i7 2600k

8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram

GPU: Sapphire Toxic 5850

HDD: Seagate Barracuda Green 7200.12 1TB SATA 3 6GB/s

Mainboard: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1

I´m officially out of ideas.

(Well I didn´t try a RAM Disk, I doubt that 8GB are enough to make a decent one)

The new patch is fucking awesome ! Finally Multiplayer run fine !!!! , Now go to arma 3 :)

Wanted to add something good. Before 1.60, i could not connect to many multiplayer servers w/o using my router. If i was connected directly using just modem, i would get roster selection screen but without mission name, mission or map description at top of screen, if i connect, i would get hang at 'receiving data' 99% and not continue further.

With the 1.60 patch, above problems are now gone, with the tweaking to the MTU size or something in the patch! thanks BIS! :yay::D;)

Have to say I wasn’t very happy with all the crashes I was getting with 1.60 but with 87662 beta patch the game is running smooth even with my old 9800 Nvidia. Your aftermarket support to consumers is phenomenal.

One of the most underestimated games out there imho.

I'll add development studio to the list :p

The guys at Bohemia Interactive have once again showed what they are made of and I have to say I am deeply impressed by their commitment!

This patch has improved my gaming experience significantly!

Edited by PurePassion
Pet monkey called Charlie Chan.

One of the most underestimated games out there imho.

I 100% agree and as PurePassion says the BIS dev's sets their own standard when it comes to support. I've been playing PC game's/sim's since the late 80's and no other development studio comes close!

What I (and I hope others?) do to give back to BIS is to spread the word about this awesome game and their incredible support - as well as their openess to everyone in the community.

IMO BIS deserves every cent they can get and the more people bying ArmA 2 and addons the more the can dev's support and polish it, so win-win for everyone.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Was it mentioned before? If so sorry. 1.60 Full still gives an "A" on a taskbar 'Alt+Tab' in Windows instead of "Arma2" writings like it was before the major patches.

Nothing cruitial though.

I think its justified to say BIS gives us our money's worth and to ATI, Nividia, Intel and AMD, the ArmA series is one of the main targets besides some flight sims for all my PC hardware upgrades.

I never expect a PC-only sim to be glossy and finished on release because we'd never get it and also developement, time costs would outway content... hmm i guess anyway.

Its a shame on some of the game sites that ArmA 2 doesnt get a mention.

Thanks to BIS and the beta testers for 1.60 :)