Sign in to follow this  
maruk

Please share your 1.60 impressions

A lot of Betas, RC´s and many Activity on CIT marks the Way from 1.59 to 1.60.

Countless Improvements / Fixes has been made in this Time, due to the awesome Teamwork of Developers and Community Members.

Everybody involved in this should be proud. The Mark has been kicked pretty high with this, and i don´t remember to have seen such an Evolution in any other Game before.

Cheers and marry Christmas for all! :)

just note, the maximum player limit is softcoded to 255 atm. and i think if it runs w/o hitch then it's good achievement in itself ;)

so keep the 350 wish for 'future' :)

Oh I meant 4-5 full 64 player servers, total player count.

but 255 people on one server would be intense! haha

the thing i noticed more than anything, while lurking for a while in the bug-forum, is that BIS employees working on this patch actually _listened_ to what users found important and seemed to adapt their fixes towards that (to some extent). very cool.

really look forward to trying the final patch. and thank you.

I have always loved OFP now ARMA2 and OA.Even with so many issues someone could point a finger at there is one thing for sure.There is no other game out there like this one and as a huge fan of the coop in editor I gotta say the 1.60 beta's I have installed are just leaps and bounds better in so many ways .The entire game runs so much better and the AI is just awesome to say the least.Cut scenes work great now and the cycle snap even though not needed is such a nice touch i'm sure we can all appreciate :) .I can't thank you guys enough because you have invested in our game that we all invest in.

Thats the way it should be.I think BIS is a fine example of giving the customers what they ask for and its been that way all these years..People need to remember everything takes time and money.Bis has proved they are willing to put in the time for our money.Imagine what they could do with EA's budget or Activisions..

All I could wish for(well I could think of more lol)Is the editor in preview of single player exactly works for MP without any issues.Sometimes stuff doesn't transfer over to MP the way I would like.I am not a master mission maker or know scripting much or anything about online code or whatever so it would be nice if some of that was sorted out for us simpler folk.All in all I love the improvements and you have done a stellar job .That will help people like me learn the MP editing stuff easier.Just keep doing what you do :) .Thanks Bis

UPDATE-LOL as I finish this post I go into Steam and notice all ARMA files start updating (Official 1.60 by chance? :) )haha

Edited by cotabucky

Downloading now.... nowhere else to say this so will say it here.

Hope you guys at BIS have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year! Much deserved.

Arma OA has become the best and most realistic military simulator available.

Well, as far as I am concerned, this was already the case with 1.59. 1.60, which includes everything from unbelievable MP interpolation improvements, enhancements regarding bullet damage at distance, smarter and more deadly AI, fixes for missions stretching back to A2, FXAA, custom memory allocators, heli ground effect, crawling under walls, TI improvements for vehicles without TI maps, crash fixes, and much more, puts A2 CO/RNF so over the top that BIS is again rewriting the rules, setting the standards, and just kicking massive amounts of ass.

The teamwork between the awesome community 1st Bug Recon Company and the BIS devs in completing the 1.60 bug Search and Destroy campaign was great fun to behold and participate in. And then there were the brilliant surprise features. I have never seen such a close connection and symbiosis between a community and the devs, of course greatly enhanced and streamlined by the CIT. A2 CO/RNF draws people to it like moths to light, and then the interaction between the community and the devs holds us there.

Edited by OMAC

After installing the patch, game will not start.

"Cannot open file C:\...\da\bin.pbo"

I have arma 2 and OA. The .exe was working fine with the 1.59 patch.

Help please.

@pcc

There is a support forum for such kind of issues.

Totally feels like they brought in code from ArmA 3 and incorporated it into the patch. The image looks so smooth now when you zoom in (FXAA) it's has a refreshing new look. The net-code fix is what's really going to make a difference. All these other players that left soon because of net lag are coming back to play online. Can't wait to see the Project Reality mod to grow now.

Totally feels like they brought in code from ArmA 3 and incorporated it into the patch. The image looks so smooth now when you zoom in (FXAA) it's has a refreshing new look. The net-code fix is what's really going to make a difference. All these other players that left soon because of net lag are coming back to play online. Can't wait to see the Project Reality mod to grow now.

yeah me to

I gotta say again(after playing online MP)This patch is like a new game/engine.Absolutely amazing in my very intense battlezone.

Its like a new game!I was worried after 1st installing the full release version of 1.60 because I had a real performance hit right off the bat, but realised quite quickly it had to do with either a restart needed or because I did the STEAM "verify game cache integrity" thing.Once I did that and restarted the games(arma2,arma2oa,pmc,british) through steam to make sure they were running properly I went into sixupdater with my mods and played my mission online.:yay: :yay: :yay:

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Well, as far as I am concerned, this was already the case with 1.59. 1.60, which includes everything from unbelievable MP interpolation improvements, enhancements regarding bullet damage at distance, smarter and more deadly AI, fixes for missions stretching back to A2, FXAA, custom memory allocators, heli ground effect, crawling under walls, TI improvements for vehicles without TI maps, crash fixes, and much more, puts A2 CO/RNF so over the top that BIS is again rewriting the rules, setting the standards, and just kicking massive amounts of ass.

The teamwork between the awesome community 1st Bug Recon Company and the BIS devs in completing the 1.60 bug Search and Destroy campaign was great fun to behold and participate in. And then there were the brilliant surprise features. I have never seen such a close connection and symbiosis between a community and the devs, of course greatly enhanced and streamlined by the CIT. A2 CO/RNF draws people to it like moths to light, and then the interaction between the community and the devs holds us there.

Thats just so awesome!

AAF give you a big thumbs up.. and a sloppy kiss. I'm sure Antipop wants to give you a little bit more, if you know what I mean. ;)

Brilliant in the beta but haven't tested the new release yet, will test it when I get back home tonight, thankyou BI for all you have done with Arma, the game has progressed very nicely and with your new MP features (interpolation) the game will take off once again.

I know alot of players out there were annoyed at the MP part due to its rubber banding and other features but when you got that smooth gameplay it was because of the good net code, you could easily have 200 ping and have a seamless game.

Now with interpolation you can have 300 + ping and still have a brilliant game, I can say with confidence that it is much better than any other FPS games out there which are recent such as BF3 or COD, with less content and (in my opinion) worse graphics they struggle to have un-lagged game play with not even the netcode being good, just the interpolation (run round corner get shot even though your hidden).

Hope to see you in game

Dale

It's just amazing.

My favs:

Major

• FXAA Anti-Aliasing mode :eek:
  • Netcode and VON fix

Minor

• Optimized: Faster preload in multiplayer ("Receiving" mission, switching from map).
  • Improved: AI skill settings in difficulty options easier to use.
  • Improved: Aircraft can be placed on carrier deck in the editor.

Although it's not documented in the 1.60 changelogs, the 'medic cannot use pistol' bug is fixed in this version. Excellent. :)

tons of things aren't mentioned in changelog, hence why the full OA 1.60 readme has section linking to CIT roadmap page covering beta and RC fixes

First off, a huge thanks to all BIS staff involved and community members.

The 1.60 patch is looking very good, specially AI and MP related.

Finally, a solution was found for the warping on distant (and close) objects in motion with the new Visual Interpolation, although it did bring some undesirable things that hopefully can be worked on and improved in the next patch, 1.61.

VisiblePosition command was a good addition but, the scripting part keeps lacking some functions to overcome the interpolation issues, visible or rendered position VS actual position.

The problem with this, is that if you need to use older commands such as modelToWorld, getPosASL/ATL etc, you cannot get the screen/visible/rendered position nor set it.

The AI is much better in some key aspects such as it seems to have more control over their stance (not getting up, getting down all time looping) seems more natural and ofc, they now go around little obstacles and do not go through walls etc, but crawling under wall holes.

The overall AI pathfinding precision though, seems exactly the same when near objects. Still needs a lot of work...

Overall, amazing step forward.

_neo_

tons of things aren't mentioned in changelog, hence why the full OA 1.60 readme has section linking to CIT roadmap page covering beta and RC fixes

Cool.:) I can stop cursing you now. :D

Well I´ve discovered a Problem. AI keeps pulling out their NVGs and like they are Binoculars every few steps. Observed in Harvest Red First to fight on Razor Team in Sae Mode

Well I´ve discovered a Problem. AI keeps pulling out their NVGs and like they are Binoculars every few steps. Observed in Harvest Red First to fight on Razor Team in Sae Mode

CITit! post URL to ticket ;)

I have had Steam install the official patch over the RC 1.60. And now I get kicked from every server when playing multiplayer.

The servers I tried to log in to were: WASP and Arma RU, both Warfare servers are on 1.60.

I tried reinstalling Battle Eye: still the same problem

I see some hotfixes are out already, do I have to get these to get multiplayer working again?

Please help!

Fired up by 1.60? Good.

But guess what?

This will be better:

zksbVThXmdc

Damn, that looks choice. :cool: