Rydygier

HETMAN - Artificial Commander

For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?

• Only one
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four of them
    • Five
    • Six
    • Seven
    • All eight!

So you could in theory, have a mission with 2 AI commander ie. 1 a Genius and the other a Fool, and perhaps be assigned intel gathering on your enemies probilities as well as attack/defend policies?

Yes. Of course, if you become a tank crewman, even "Idiot" commander will not send you on reconnaissance mission except if not find any better unit. And vice versa, scout unit will be probably reserved for recon.

@friznit2

Great. Thanks for info. If I not stuck somewhere, completion of version 1.1 is a matter of 2 weeks, I think.

@postman84

Just like Orcinus said.

FAW should work fine with HAC. With FAW&HAC both, artillery and air support are controlled only by AI. There will not be arty shelling or air bombing on players request, unless you give it yourself by separate script. However, if player notice an enemy target (here appear to be very useful binoculars or optical sights), which HAC/FAW commander considers tempting, then HAC will order artillery and/or will send some air units, if he has any free units at the moment.

Hi

Small <cough> correction to one of yesterday's posts - the very slow start to my test missions wasonly with the two last alpha releases. I screwed up the supposed beta test by not updating both of the A & B folders <duh>. Sorry, I was really tired.

Tried it again this morning & the commanders sprang into action almost immediately :yay:

Ryd, you have email.

Cheers

Orcinus

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

@postman84

Just like Orcinus said.

FAW should work fine with HAC. With FAW&HAC both, artillery and air support are controlled only by AI. There will not be arty shelling or air bombing on players request, unless you give it yourself by separate script. However, if player notice an enemy target (here appear to be very useful binoculars or optical sights), which HAC/FAW commander considers tempting, then HAC will order artillery and/or will send some air units, if he has any free units at the moment.

For general interest, there's also a recent, very nice addon from blakeace (I haven't tested it with HAC) with which a mission designer can add wholly AI-controlled artillery - "Blake's AI Forward Observer". Really easy to include & use:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=126272

BR

Orcinus

"HAC,I guess, will work fine with ACE if you add under HAC control classnames of ACE's units. See manual (RHQ and RHQB category arrays) to learn, how achieve this. Drones"

A silly question but which file has these class names that we can modify under A / B folders?

Thanks for clarification.

Edited by CaptainBravo

Sorry, I'm not sure: you mean 1. which HAC file contains used by HAC classnames, or 2. where you can find given unit classname itself?

if 1.: SitRep.sqf/SitRepB.sqf (in alpha2 also "Supp" files (eg SuppFuel.sqf))

But to add some custom units under HAC control there is no need to modify these or any other files directly. Only should be defined (eg in init.sqf or init field of unit in editor, or on triggers act field etc) "RHQ" array variables, so, for example such init code should contain something like this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2077292&postcount=49

if 2.: depends. Many of them you may find there:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73241

or in given unit-adding addons forum thread or readme, or in its config files (unPbo & patience needed) or you may to use editor and in init field of unit, which classname you want to know, to add something like:

diag_log (typeOf this);

(info to .RPT file)

or

hint (typeOf this);

(info on screen)

and preview in editor.

Edited by Rydygier

Well... I've never done any scripting in my life, & the programming course I did at Uni (but never used) is rather like Latin now.

DAC inspired me - you can create quite humungous battles of various types (general mayhem; attack an entrenched enemy; defend a town against attack, etc.), all very easily & with little or no scripting knowledge.

HAC is a gem - just group whatever mix of forces you want on the map of your choice, give yourself a suitable group (or play as a grunt with an AI team leader) & let the HAC commanders decide the strategy.

You can also play around with the 'personality' profiles of one or both commanders, which can dramatically alter the course of the battle.

Each of these script sets do all the hard work for you. Once you've got a mission you enjoy, you can just port it to another place or even a different map, & see how factors like terrain change the course of events.

Happy to explain how to set this up / port to other islands, etc., if you need any help; drop me a PM. Really, it's not hard to set up battles that can take up to several hours to play through, and which can be as challenging as you wish.

BR

Orcinus

you will get a pm from me one of the nearest days, so i can try this uot... :-)

Sixt

Sorry, I'm not sure: you mean 1. which HAC file contains used by HAC classnames, or 2. where you can find given unit classname itself?

if 1.: SitRep.sqf/SitRepB.sqf (in alpha2 also "Supp" files (eg SuppFuel.sqf))

But to add some custom units under HAC control there is no need to modify these or any other files directly. Only should be defined (eg in init.sqf or init field of unit in editor, or on triggers act field etc) "RHQ" array variables, so, for example such init code should contain something like this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2077292&postcount=49

if 2.: depends. Many of them you may find there:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73241

or in given unit-adding addons forum thread or readme, or in its config files (unPbo & patience needed) or you may to use editor and in init field of unit, which classname you want to know, to add something like:

diag_log (typeOf this);

(info to .RPT file)

or

hint (typeOf this);

(info on screen)

and preview in editor.

Thanks Rydygier, I meant 1, which HAC file to edit. So if I understand correctly, to add ACE/custom units I just list the class names of these units in init field of a trigger or a unit ingame?

The other related question: uits spawned after mission started and HAC activated, would it it still fall under AI cmdr control?

Thanks for a great needed addon!

you will get a pm from me one of the nearest days, so i can try this uot... :-)

Sixt

Please do. I'm going to be very busy ths week with RL work, but I'll respond as best I can. I will have more time from Friday on to follow up.

In the meantime, read through the HAC manuals & play the demo missions. If you use the addon folder (@HAC) be sure to launch the correct version for a given demo. That is, don't try the alpha missions with the beta addon, they might not work properly. Probably best to use the script versions, actually - they're lilely easier to tweak when designing a user mission.

BR

Orcinus

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

..you may to use editor and in init field of unit, which classname you want to know, to add something like:

diag_log (typeOf this);

(info to .RPT file)

or

hint (typeOf this);

(info on screen)

and preview in editor.

That's very useful; I didn't know either of those. Thanks!

Orcinus

Have got this working on MP Dedi with MSO...

Would recommend Ryd uses cba functions like global execute and create marker instead of bis functions.

Also needs a isServer check on the init file and a few other things like removing references to player.

Will send my version shortly.

Regards

Tup

Thanks Rydygier, I meant 1, which HAC file to edit. So if I understand correctly, to add ACE/custom units I just list the class names of these units in init field of a trigger or a unit ingame?

Yes. Or in init.sqf, which may be most convenient. Of course added in act field of trigger will be initialized when triggers conditions will be met.

The other related question: uits spawned after mission started and HAC activated, would it it still fall under AI cmdr control?

Yes, with next cycle.

Expanded CWR2 config based on Georilla's from page 10 to include Resistance and static weapons:

RHQ_Recon = ["cwr2_SoldierW_Sniper","cwr2_SoldierW_Marksman","cwr2_SoldierE_Sniper","cwr2_SoldierE_Marksman","cwr2_Hunter","cwr2_SoldierG_Marksman","cwr2_SoldierG_Sniper"];  
RHQ_Snipers = ["cwr2_SoldierW_Sniper","cwr2_SoldierW_Marksman","cwr2_SoldierE_Sniper","cwr2_SoldierE_Marksman","cwr2_Hunter","cwr2_SoldierG_Marksman","cwr2_SoldierG_Sniper"];  
RHQ_ATInf = ["cwr2_SoldierE_LAT","cwr2_SoldierE_AT","cwr2_SoldierW_AT","cwr2_SoldierW_LAT","cwr2_SoldierG_AT","cwr2_SoldierG_LAT"];  
RHQ_AAInf = ["cwr2_SoldierW_AA","cwr2_SoldierE_AA","cwr2_SoldierG_AA"];  
RHQ_Inf = ["cwr2_SpetsnazBizon","cwr2_Spetsnaz","cwr2_CaptiveE","cwr2_SoldierEFakeW","cwr2_SoldierE_Mortar","cwr2_SoldierE","cwr2_SoldierW_PilotHG","cwr2_SoldierW_Pilot","cwr2_SoldierWFakeE","cwr2_OfficerW_Night","cwr2_OfficerW","cwr2_SoldierW_Medic","cwr2_MechanicW","cwr2_SoldierW_MG","cwr2_SoldierW_HG","cwr2_SoldierW_GL","cwr2_SoldierW_Engineer","cwr2_SoldierW_Crew","cwr2_BlackOp_XMS","cwr2_BlackOp_Laser","cwr2_BlackOp_Day","cwr2_BlackOp","cwr2_SoldierW_AR","cwr2_OfficerE","cwr2_SoldierE_Medic","cwr2_MechanicE","cwr2_SoldierE_MG","cwr2_SoldierE_AR","cwr2_SoldierW_AA","cwr2_SoldierE_AA","cwr2_SoldierE_LAT","cwr2_SoldierW_AT","cwr2_SoldierW_LAT","cwr2_SoldierE_AT","cwr2_SoldierE_PilotHG","cwr2_SoldierE_Pilot","cwr2_OfficerE_Night","cwr2_SoldierE_HG","cwr2_SoldierE_GL","cwr2_SoldierE_Engineer","cwr2_SoldierE_Crew","cwr2_BlackOp_UZI","cwr2_SoldierW","cwr2_SoldierW_G36","cwr2_SoldierW_Mortar","cwr2_SoldierW_Steyr","cwr2_SoldierW_XMS","cwr2_CaptiveW","cwr2_SoldierG_AA","cwr2_SoldierG_AT","cwr2_SoldierG_AR","cwr2_CaptiveG","cwr2_CommanderG","cwr2_SoldierG_Crew","cwr2_SoldierG_Engineer","cwr2_SoldierG_GL","cwr2_Hunter","cwr2_SoldierG_MG","cwr2_SoldierG_Marksman","cwr2_SoldierG_Medic","cwr2_Militia_AK","cwr2_Militia_FAL","cwr2_Militia_G3","cwr2_OfficerG","cwr2_OfficerG_Night","cwr2_SoldierG_Pilot","cwr2_SoldierG_PilotHG","cwr2_SoldierG_LAT","cwr2_SoldierG_Sniper","cwr2_SoldierG","cwr2_SoldierG_FAL","cwr2_SoldierG_G3","cwr2_SoldierG_Mortar"];  
RHQ_HArmor = ["cwr2_T72","cwr2_T80","cwr2_M60A3","cwr2_M1A1","cwr2_T55_FIA","cwr2_T72_FIA","cwr2_T80_FIA"];  
RHQ_LArmor = ["cwr2_M113A3","cwr2_ZSU","cwr2_BMP2_HQ","cwr2_BMP2","cwr2_bmp1","cwr2_M113_HQ","cwr2_M113","cwr2_M163","cwr2_BMP1_FIA","cwr2_BMP2_FIA"];  
RHQ_LarmorAT = ["cwr2_BMP2","cwr2_BMP2_FIA"];  
RHQ_Cars = ["cwr2_Truck5t_Open","cwr2_Truck5t","cwr2_Truck5tRepair","cwr2_Truck5tReammo","cwr2_Ural4320","cwr2_UralOpen","cwr2_Ural","cwr2_UralReammo","cwr2_UralRepair","cwr2_UralRefuel","cwr2_UAZ_MG","cwr2_uaz","cwr2_HMMWV","cwr2_Truck5tRefuel","cwr2_UAZ_FIA","cwr2_Ural_FIA","cwr2_V3S_FIA","cwr2_UAZAmbul","cwr2_V3SRefuel","cwr2_V3SRepair","cwr2_V3SReammo"];  
RHQ_Air = ["cwr2_Su25","cwr2_UH60MG","cwr2_UH60","cwr2_AH64C","cwr2_AH1F","cwr2_A10LGB","cwr2_A10","cwr2_Mi17","cwr2_Mi24D"];  
RHQ_Naval = ["cwr2_BoatW"];
RHQ_Static = ["cwr2_M2HB_High","cwr2_M2HB_Low","cwr2_Mk19_Tripod","cwr2_DShKM_High","cwr2_DShKM_Low","cwr2_cwr2_SPG9","cwr2_ZU23","cwr2_AGS30_Tripod","cwr2_cwr2_SPG9_FIA","cwr2_ZU23_FIA"];
RHQ_StaticAA = ["cwr2_ZU23_FIA","cwr2_ZU23"];
RHQ_StaticAT = ["cwr2_cwr2_SPG9_FIA","cwr2_cwr2_SPG9"];
RHQ_Cargo = ["cwr2_Mi17","cwr2_Mi24D","cwr2_UH60MG","cwr2_UH60","cwr2_Truck5t_Open","cwr2_Truck5t","cwr2_Ural4320","cwr2_UralOpen","cwr2_Ural","cwr2_UAZ_MG","cwr2_uaz","cwr2_HMMWV","cwr2_BMP2_HQ","cwr2_BMP2","cwr2_M113A3","cwr2_M113","cwr2_M113_HQ","cwr2_BMP2_HQ","cwr2_UAZ_FIA","cwr2_Ural_FIA","cwr2_V3S_FIA"];  
RHQ_NCCargo = ["cwr2_Mi17","cwr2_Mi24D","cwr2_UH60MG","cwr2_UH60","cwr2_Truck5t_Open","cwr2_Truck5t","cwr2_Ural4320","cwr2_UralOpen","cwr2_Ural","cwr2_UAZ_MG","cwr2_uaz","cwr2_HMMWV","cwr2_UAZ_FIA","cwr2_Ural_FIA","cwr2_V3S_FIA"];  
RHQ_Crew = ["cwr2_SoldierW_Pilot","cwr2_SoldierE_Crew","cwr2_SoldierE_Pilot","cwr2_SoldierE_PilotHG","cwr2_SoldierW_Crew","cwr2_SoldierG_Crew","cwr2_SoldierG_Pilot","cwr2_SoldierG_PilotHG"];

RHQB_Recon = ["cwr2_SoldierW_Sniper","cwr2_SoldierW_Marksman","cwr2_SoldierE_Sniper","cwr2_SoldierE_Marksman","cwr2_Hunter","cwr2_SoldierG_Marksman","cwr2_SoldierG_Sniper"];  
RHQB_Snipers = ["cwr2_SoldierW_Sniper","cwr2_SoldierW_Marksman","cwr2_SoldierE_Sniper","cwr2_SoldierE_Marksman","cwr2_Hunter","cwr2_SoldierG_Marksman","cwr2_SoldierG_Sniper"];  
RHQB_ATInf = ["cwr2_SoldierE_LAT","cwr2_SoldierE_AT","cwr2_SoldierW_AT","cwr2_SoldierW_LAT","cwr2_SoldierG_AT","cwr2_SoldierG_LAT"];  
RHQB_AAInf = ["cwr2_SoldierW_AA","cwr2_SoldierE_AA","cwr2_SoldierG_AA"];  
RHQB_Inf = ["cwr2_SpetsnazBizon","cwr2_Spetsnaz","cwr2_CaptiveE","cwr2_SoldierEFakeW","cwr2_SoldierE_Mortar","cwr2_SoldierE","cwr2_SoldierW_PilotHG","cwr2_SoldierW_Pilot","cwr2_SoldierWFakeE","cwr2_OfficerW_Night","cwr2_OfficerW","cwr2_SoldierW_Medic","cwr2_MechanicW","cwr2_SoldierW_MG","cwr2_SoldierW_HG","cwr2_SoldierW_GL","cwr2_SoldierW_Engineer","cwr2_SoldierW_Crew","cwr2_BlackOp_XMS","cwr2_BlackOp_Laser","cwr2_BlackOp_Day","cwr2_BlackOp","cwr2_SoldierW_AR","cwr2_OfficerE","cwr2_SoldierE_Medic","cwr2_MechanicE","cwr2_SoldierE_MG","cwr2_SoldierE_AR","cwr2_SoldierW_AA","cwr2_SoldierE_AA","cwr2_SoldierE_LAT","cwr2_SoldierW_AT","cwr2_SoldierW_LAT","cwr2_SoldierE_AT","cwr2_SoldierE_PilotHG","cwr2_SoldierE_Pilot","cwr2_OfficerE_Night","cwr2_SoldierE_HG","cwr2_SoldierE_GL","cwr2_SoldierE_Engineer","cwr2_SoldierE_Crew","cwr2_BlackOp_UZI","cwr2_SoldierW","cwr2_SoldierW_G36","cwr2_SoldierW_Mortar","cwr2_SoldierW_Steyr","cwr2_SoldierW_XMS","cwr2_CaptiveW","cwr2_SoldierG_AA","cwr2_SoldierG_AT","cwr2_SoldierG_AR","cwr2_CaptiveG","cwr2_CommanderG","cwr2_SoldierG_Crew","cwr2_SoldierG_Engineer","cwr2_SoldierG_GL","cwr2_Hunter","cwr2_SoldierG_MG","cwr2_SoldierG_Marksman","cwr2_SoldierG_Medic","cwr2_Militia_AK","cwr2_Militia_FAL","cwr2_Militia_G3","cwr2_OfficerG","cwr2_OfficerG_Night","cwr2_SoldierG_Pilot","cwr2_SoldierG_PilotHG","cwr2_SoldierG_LAT","cwr2_SoldierG_Sniper","cwr2_SoldierG","cwr2_SoldierG_FAL","cwr2_SoldierG_G3","cwr2_SoldierG_Mortar"];  
RHQB_HArmor = ["cwr2_T72","cwr2_T80","cwr2_M60A3","cwr2_M1A1","cwr2_T55_FIA","cwr2_T72_FIA","cwr2_T80_FIA"];  
RHQB_LArmor = ["cwr2_M113A3","cwr2_ZSU","cwr2_BMP2_HQ","cwr2_BMP2","cwr2_bmp1","cwr2_M113_HQ","cwr2_M113","cwr2_M163","cwr2_BMP1_FIA","cwr2_BMP2_FIA"];  
RHQB_LarmorAT = ["cwr2_BMP2","cwr2_BMP2_FIA"];  
RHQB_Cars = ["cwr2_Truck5t_Open","cwr2_Truck5t","cwr2_Truck5tRepair","cwr2_Truck5tReammo","cwr2_Ural4320","cwr2_UralOpen","cwr2_Ural","cwr2_UralReammo","cwr2_UralRepair","cwr2_UralRefuel","cwr2_UAZ_MG","cwr2_uaz","cwr2_HMMWV","cwr2_Truck5tRefuel","cwr2_UAZ_FIA","cwr2_Ural_FIA","cwr2_V3S_FIA","cwr2_UAZAmbul","cwr2_V3SRefuel","cwr2_V3SRepair","cwr2_V3SReammo"];  
RHQB_Air = ["cwr2_Su25","cwr2_UH60MG","cwr2_UH60","cwr2_AH64C","cwr2_AH1F","cwr2_A10LGB","cwr2_A10","cwr2_Mi17","cwr2_Mi24D"];  
RHQB_Naval = ["cwr2_BoatW"];
RHQB_Static = ["cwr2_M2HB_High","cwr2_M2HB_Low","cwr2_Mk19_Tripod","cwr2_DShKM_High","cwr2_DShKM_Low","cwr2_cwr2_SPG9","cwr2_ZU23","cwr2_AGS30_Tripod","cwr2_cwr2_SPG9_FIA","cwr2_ZU23_FIA"];
RHQB_StaticAA = ["cwr2_ZU23_FIA","cwr2_ZU23"];
RHQB_StaticAT = ["cwr2_cwr2_SPG9_FIA","cwr2_cwr2_SPG9"];
RHQB_Cargo = ["cwr2_Mi17","cwr2_Mi24D","cwr2_UH60MG","cwr2_UH60","cwr2_Truck5t_Open","cwr2_Truck5t","cwr2_Ural4320","cwr2_UralOpen","cwr2_Ural","cwr2_UAZ_MG","cwr2_uaz","cwr2_HMMWV","cwr2_BMP2_HQ","cwr2_BMP2","cwr2_M113A3","cwr2_M113","cwr2_M113_HQ","cwr2_BMP2_HQ","cwr2_UAZ_FIA","cwr2_Ural_FIA","cwr2_V3S_FIA"];  
RHQB_NCCargo = ["cwr2_Mi17","cwr2_Mi24D","cwr2_UH60MG","cwr2_UH60","cwr2_Truck5t_Open","cwr2_Truck5t","cwr2_Ural4320","cwr2_UralOpen","cwr2_Ural","cwr2_UAZ_MG","cwr2_uaz","cwr2_HMMWV","cwr2_UAZ_FIA","cwr2_Ural_FIA","cwr2_V3S_FIA"];  
RHQB_Crew = ["cwr2_SoldierW_Pilot","cwr2_SoldierE_Crew","cwr2_SoldierE_Pilot","cwr2_SoldierE_PilotHG","cwr2_SoldierW_Crew","cwr2_SoldierG_Crew","cwr2_SoldierG_Pilot","cwr2_SoldierG_PilotHG"];

@Tupolov

That is great. Maybe I learn something about the implementation for MP. In this code, if I remember correctly, should be very few references to player, but some new will show up soon, because some people requested special info from HAC to player character. Maybe will be better to wait until I complete 1.1 version?

@Snafu

Thanks! I remember about special thread for RHQ configs, but I want previously to complete a new version of HAC.

I one again had problem with slide show, this time on Chernarus.

This is rather heads up as I used 1.0b2 and quite a bit of mods. Everything was fine and I flew AH-64 wrecking everybody's day. Stuttering appeared when I did flyby over enemy base with HQ and few infantry groups (about 5 IIRC). I MAY have blew up enemy commander, but Im not sure. Also 2 AV-8B were present. I barely managed to get away from that place and about 8km away stuttering stopped.

Intriguing. Worrisome. Unclear. It would be better if this problem affected only 1.0, there are some serious code mistakes in 1.0, but none of them caused this problem for me. I still have no idea where it comes, so far I could not recreate it too, but I keep it in mind.

EDIT: However you give to me some information, possibly significant. Especially that about the distance above which the problem dissipates and the moment of his appearance. Hmm. Hmm thrice.

Edited by Rydygier

I one again had problem with slide show, this time on Chernarus.

This is rather heads up as I used 1.0b2 and quite a bit of mods. Everything was fine and I flew AH-64 wrecking everybody's day. Stuttering appeared when I did flyby over enemy base with HQ and few infantry groups (about 5 IIRC). I MAY have blew up enemy commander, but Im not sure. Also 2 AV-8B were present. I barely managed to get away from that place and about 8km away stuttering stopped.

Did you get any errors in the rpt? - I've found (in a completely different context) that when I got a lot of stuttering the rpt file filled up with a huge number of repeated errors (in that case, about a vertex shader; due to a bug in an island addon).

I haven't seen any stuttering or lag, etc. ,with HAC beta 2, even with 7-800 units running around; using just a few mods (CBA, zp5_at_fix, TBR, VFTCAS, SThud, STmovement, GIB_Copy_Stance, OKT_noblur). The beta seems very stable.

I don't (can't :o) fly though, & play as a grunt; maybe that makes a difference.

BR

Orcinus

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

@Snafu

Thanks! I remember about special thread for RHQ configs, but I want previously to complete a new version of HAC.

Great :)

Will the format for the RHQ configs change at all? - reason is I'm starting to make configs for some other units & islands like Lingor & Duala (which I'll post once tested & the config thread is started).

BR

Orcinus

I just fired up my old mission as I just wanted to blow stuff up.

Also I noticed another odd thing with I forgot to metion: when I gave Razor team an MH-6 (added to their group) HAC wouldnt even start.

Oh and if you guys want support for player then check out this addon: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15907

It support even such awesome stuff like extraction helo landing on player deployed smoke.

BTW: Orcinus, do you have Unsung mod? I have pretty awesome idea for mission using HAC and jungles :D.

Edited by Taro8

@Orcinus

There will appear some new categories probably, as RHQ_Bombers or RHQ_MArmor and with support handlig appeared additional to general RydHQ_Support RHQs for support of given kind only. Way to write additional classes of units for HAC will not change, I think.

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

Also I noticed another odd thing with I forgot to metion: when I gave Razor team an MH-6 (added to their group) HAC wouldnt even start.

Odd indeed. Razor's units classnames are included into recon category and this is everything when it comes to connection between Razor and HAC. I should try this right away.

RPT was clear?

Edited by Rydygier

I dunno.

However I had replacement for force recon units. Note that HAC wouldnt start if MH-6 was in group with razor, once I removed chopper HAC worked normally.

Just tried. Haven't MH-6, so Razor got MH-60S. HAC starts as always (1.0 & newest 1.1 alpha, Razor both as AI-only team and led by me).

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 ----------

I dunno.

However I had replacement for force recon units. Note that HAC wouldnt start if MH-6 was in group with razor, once I removed chopper HAC worked normally.

MH-6 as troublemaker? Also odd. If RHQ are valid, should work as unit of given category (air, I suppose) under HAC, if not, should be simply ignored.

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

Can you try to exclude MH-6 classname from RHQ and to try then? And with this chopper in RHQ and outside any other group?

I just fired up my old mission as I just wanted to blow stuff up.

I'll see if I can reproduce that in an hour or so.

Oh and if you guys want support for player then check out this addon: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15907

It support even such awesome stuff like extraction helo landing on player deployed smoke.

wow, great heads-up, thank you! - that looks wonderful, I'll be trying it out today :)

BTW: Orcinus, do you have Unsung mod? I have pretty awesome idea for mission using HAC and jungles :D.

No, sorry. I'm limited to mobile BB which I also use quite heavily for work stuff. I have to plan/limit what I download quite carefully as going just 100MB over my monthly contract limit costs over 20 Euros. The disadvantage of living in a location with a long, old (1930's) & extremely crappy copper pair to the nearest cabinet... however, I too like jungle stuff so Lingor & Duala should keep me busy for quite a while.

BR

Orcinus

Orcinus, RHQ for Duala units is already done by me.

Duala RHQs

EDIT: but without RHQ_NCAir (no-combat air), and there are some choppers without weaponry. That is why I'm waitnig with this RHQ config thread for HAC 1.1.

Edited by Rydygier

Orcinus, RHQ for Duala units is already done by me.

Duala RHQs

EDIT: but without RHQ_NCAir (no-combat air), and there are some choppers without weaponry.

Yes, thanks - already got it :) but I intend to add in some other units, so it's good to hear that format won't change.

New categories look great, btw - splitting armour into heavy & medium (assuming that's what the new RHQ_MArmor category does) makes sense - pointless if HAC sends, say, an LAV up against a T90 instead of having it run away!

BR

Orcinus

I dont think you should say that convoys are impossible. I managed to create a loop for 3 cars that made them drive both ways without much of problem.

I did it like this:

*3 cars (insurgents): Pickup with PK (sergeant), Ural (corporal), GAZ (private)

*3 waypoints: one to destination (careless, never fire, normal speed), one back to starting position and last cycle again at destination.

Its very simple, but works. AI has some troubles at turning around, but they manage to catchup with each other every time.

This convoy is completely pointless, but you cant say its impossible.

@Taro8

Something else is impossible in this idea, not convoy formig itself. Hard to explain, beacuse of my poor English, but let's try. In fact, with yours idea of making behind front field support base, convoys seems to be in conflict with this; but there are other issues with convoys (eg this idea includes also ambushes, and how to combine idea of constant convoys with current support system, also from where and for what should support units moving all the time... there is many of such questions, and only known to me advantage of this idea is opportunity to ambushes, which are rather unreal to proper implement as part of all HAC actions and exactly this is impossible for me)... and + mentioned drivers AI... Nightmare when comes to implementation.

I also was thinking that convoys are rather pointless. I meant more like cars and some trucks driving between commander position and reserve gather point. Their only point would be to check for enemy behind their lines, at least I think.

@Taro8

Something else is impossible in this idea, not convoy formig itself. Hard to explain, beacuse of my poor English, but let's try. In fact, with yours idea of making behind front field support base, convoys seems to be in conflict with this; but there are other issues with convoys (eg this idea includes also ambushes, and how to combine idea of constant convoys with current support system, also from where and for what should support units moving all the time... there is many of such questions, and only known to me advantage of this idea is opportunity to ambushes, which are rather unreal to proper implement as part of all HAC actions and exactly this is impossible for me)... and + mentioned drivers AI... Nightmare when comes to implementation.

The problems with AI driving / pathfinding alone make convoys nightmarish IMHO (& experience). These are core engine issues (CIT tickets on various aspects, some long-standing) which I suspect won't get fixed til A3 - if then.

Me, I vote for minimal numbers of support vehicles running around, most especially at the start when the footsoldiers may concentrated around the HQs (e.g., if spawning units at/near the HQs, as with DAC).

I had some support trucks run into my own squad & kill 2, incapacitate 3 while waiting for HAC to give me a waypoint in one run. Changed the start locations of the trucks, but from the counters I deduce that often some units on one or both sides get killed within the first few minutes. Thinking of moving vehicle-spawning to a separate zone from grunts, which may help.

Maybe a solution is to tell HAC to wait before giving any orders to support vehicles - start them as excluded, wait 500, include? Could this be run from the init.sqf?

BR

Orcinus