Rydygier

HETMAN - Artificial Commander

For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?

• Only one
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four of them
    • Five
    • Six
    • Seven
    • All eight!

So If I'm understanding correctly. Your going to implement task and mission breifings and such with HAC!?!? Neet idea! I love it if its possible to make work.

BY the way did you get the artillery down to where you like it?

Interesting link, thanks.

HAC works with or without players under his command in SP and MP also without this. All MP compatibility work to do is about notification system about new tasks or state change for current. Apart from that there is no real difference for HAC, if unit is player or not except really minor nuances. Simply, without such notificiations player under HAC command have no idea, that he received new task, unless has active 3D waypoint markers on screen or will check the map for markers with his ID, beacuse used in SP notifications are local only, so when player is client side, while HAC, as should be, is running on the server, player does not see them. So in fact this is secondary stuff, nothing crucial also for MP. So if there will be any risk of bigger delay beacuse of that I do exactly, as you said. Still, with that new idea, there is good chance for smooth implementation. This is last known "to do", but then I must test all in SP and MP, especially BB. If nothing bigger appear to stop me, perhaps I will, I would love to at least, release whole thing this week. But we will see.

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Your going to implement task and mission breifings and such with HAC!?!?

Nothing such biggy. For now I'm trying just to implement, what is working in A2 HAC. As you know, HAC's diary task "briefings" are not very verbose. :) "Go there" "Defend that position" "Do recon around that area"... That kind. I'm not sure, in what way/how this may be expanded, if some good idea show up, I'll implement it later with pleasure, if possible.

Arty is more or less done as close as possible to my expectations. ETA problem is still there though.

Edited by Rydygier

Rydygier, I think there were some nice task management scripts (that likely work for MP) on the forums. If I am not mistaken something called SHK_task something or other. You can probably search and find them. Might help you do what you need to do.

I say just get HAC working in A3 without any new functions and then go from there. Dying to start messing with this in A3.

If you need help testing in MP just send me a PM.

here is a little snippet from my arty script with ETA in it. I hope this helps.

_spot sideChat format["Requesting Fire support at %1.",mapGridPosition _targetPOS];
			sleep (1 + random 2);
			(gunner _Larty) sideChat "Fire Support granted. Firing at designated area!";
			_Aeta = _veh getArtilleryETA [_targetPOS, currentMagazine _veh];
			_Larty sideChat format["splash approximate ETA %1 seconds.", round _Aeta];				
			{ _x suppressFor _Aeta;} ForEach units group _spot;	

ETA problem?

Yep.

Thanks for the snippet, but it is not a problem "how to get ETA", but "how to always get proper ETA".

I say just get HAC working in A3 without any new functions and then go from there.

Yes. These new notifications are replacement for kbTell, not new feature. Same, as for arty. I was forced to write from a scratch not so small parts of code just to bring into A3 artillery working as close as possible to the HAC's arty from A2.

If you need help testing in MP just send me a PM.

Thanks. For now I'm testing this by using TADST - I'm running dedi server, then launch A3, then join as client my own dedi on the same machine. Just enough to test, how Hetman behaves client side.

Edited by Rydygier

_veh addEventHandler ["Fired", { _Aeta = _veh getArtilleryETA [_targetPOS, currentMagazine _veh];}];

May do the trick given the proper variables. ;)

Tested it. This is how I got it to work.

AISS_ART_fired = false;// <------ this is at the begining of my code.

_veh addEventHandler ["Fired", { AISS_ART_fired = true; }];
			if (AISS_ART_fired) then { (gunner _Larty) sideChat "Fire Support granted. Firing at designated area!";

if (Marker_pos == 1) then { call {
			sleep 10;
			_Mradius = Min_Radius + random Max_Rnd_Radius;
			_marker = createMarker ["Marker", _targetPOS];
			_marker setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
			_marker setMarkerBrush "DIAGGRID";
			_marker setMarkerSize [_Mradius, _Mradius];
			_marker setMarkerColor "ColorBlue"; player sideChat "Artillery Salvo spotted on Radar. Check your map for round drop radius.";
			sleep _Aeta + 7;
			deleteMarker _marker;
			_marker = ""; };};			
			AISS_ART_fired = false; };

Edited by Mikey74

Something to test. Thanks. :)

EDIT: Tested with my artyTest provided in that thread. Unfortunatelly, even at fire moment it gives same, wrong ETA, as measured earlier... :( This problem occurs only, I think, when target position is near to boundry, where artillery computer switches modes - when both modes can be used to reach the target. getArtilleryETA uses for measauring one mode, while doArtilleryFire switches to another mode.

Now, I think, I found my small, private salvation as for whole MP handling. It is called BIS_fnc_SetTask. It is not documented, but visible in editor's function library viewer under "setTask". It gives me with one line handling of all, I need including these on screen notifications and MP handling. I must test it deeper, but looks very promising.

Edited by Rydygier

I'm sorry. Was hoping I could help ya. I tested it about 5 times. Its within a second of what its telling me. I'm sure you have other stuff going on that i do not. Just for giggles here is my final result on the eta.

AISS_ART_fired = false;// <------ this is at the begining of my code. 

{

_x disableAI "MOVE";	
_veh = vehicle _x;
sleep 5;
			_aax			= _targetPOS select 0;
			_bax			= _targetPOS select 1;

_x doArtilleryFire [[(_aax - round Min_Radius + round(2 * random Max_Rnd_Radius)),( _bax - round Min_Radius + round(2 * random Max_Rnd_Radius)),0], currentMagazine _veh, Art_Salvo];

_veh addEventHandler ["Fired", { AISS_ART_fired = true; }];

if (AISS_ART_fired) then { (gunner _Larty) sideChat "Fire Support granted. Firing at designated area!";

if (Marker_pos == 1) then { call {
			sleep 10;
			_Mradius = Min_Radius + random Max_Rnd_Radius;
			_marker = createMarker ["Marker", _targetPOS];
			_marker setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
			_marker setMarkerBrush "DIAGGRID";
			_marker setMarkerSize [_Mradius, _Mradius];
			_marker setMarkerColor "ColorBlue"; player sideChat "Artillery Salvo spotted on Radar. Check your map for round drop radius.";
			sleep _Aeta + 7;
			deleteMarker _marker;
			_marker = "";};
			};AISS_ART_fired = false; };			

sleep 5;
			_x enableAI "MOVE";
			_veh addMagazineTurret [currentMagazine _veh,[0]];				
			}foreach units _warty;};};};

lol My only problem is I've got is that annoying "cannot fire send new coordinates" again. I didn't like how slow my arty was dropping. :/ lol back to the drawing board on that part. lol

Seems, that all MP stuff is implemented (one exception - ambient radio chatter in MP will be voiceless (text only), or disabled. Not sure yet). Not tested yet though. Tommorow should be day for testing everything and for bug hunting. How long that will take depends on how many how big bugs I'll sweep from dark places... When all bugs will be squashed: manual adaptation, readmes, demo missions, other version(s)... Then I must investigate, how to use all this Workshop stuff, and release that damn thing finally... :)

Then I must investigate, how to use all this Workshop stuff, and release that damn thing finally... :)

Currently, the Workshop seems to be used only for individual missions and not mods or other content. This is unfortunate, but perhaps the system will change in the future.

Oh, not a problem at all (to me). :)

After today intense testing, reluctant to admit, that perhaps I have functional script & addon versions, both tested in SP nad MP (client side). Tommorow, with fresh mind, I'm planning to do all needed manual changes, to prepare some demo missions (only two for now - simple and BB), release package and a forum thread...

Thanks, looking forward to it, then I will finally have a reason to start arma 3 over arma 2 when I pick a game to play :D

Sounds very promising Rydygier. Looking forward to it.

Hac is not intialising with latest beta patch on my maschine, can someone confirm?

Just installed 112555 and tested script and addon versions on BigBoss demo. In both cases initialization was proper and all looks fine to me.

yup,my fault .sorry....must be an another mod conflicting ......after disabling all mod's it works

1.47 released.

Changelog:

- fixed medical support code;

- few code fixes.

Thanks again for taking the time to inform me of the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Whaaaaa

First of this is an incredible mod - I love it and it's among my favourites to play! However I'm eager to apply the config variables (to experiment with features such as the RydHQ_Surr, RydHQ_CargoFind and so forth.

Problem is I am not sure how to turn them on? I have tried for example adding RydHQ_Surr = true; in the init box of a trigger (and even my leaderHQ) unit to activate this function for the HQ side without success. Same with the other config variables.

So my awesome Arma peers, I humbly ask if you can give me a dummies guide to switching on such config variables (from the Hetman manual)

I'd also appreciate any clarification whether ACE mod might conflict with the use of such config variables etc (though I did try it with vanilla Arma 2.

Thanks again guys and Ryd thank you in particular for creating an absolutely incredible mod.

I'm glad, you like it. :)

Recommended way to use init variables is inside init.sqf file. Open for example HAC_complexDemo mission folder and see init.sqf there, how init variables are used inside (descriptions may be outdated in some cases, eg surrendering works for all sides). Check also other demos. Init var inside act field of trigger will be set of course, when trigger's conditions are met. RydHQ_Surr = true activates possiblity of surrendering groups of Leader with low morale. There is no immediate effect. In debug mode morale for each leader is displayed on screen, with also RydHQ_DebugII = true on map will be displayed marker for each group, that surrendered - pink with "!!!". Note however, this is rare situation, possible sometimes mostly when Leader's morale drop below about, let's say -20.

Personally haven't much to do with ACE, IMHO there shouldn't be any conflicts between ACE and HAC, only ACE units needs RHQ init array set (most probably someone prepared such set already, maybe will share it, if needed. Here is thread with such sets, still good to check them before use for typos and such).

Apologies for the noobish question to come Rydygier but,

To activate the init.sqf, is there a line of script I should use in the mission editor to tell ARMA2 to 'read' the init.sqf file? For example if I took another init.sqf and just changed it's values to true would it work by copying and pasting or should it be done by scratch?

I had a go copying the init.sqf file (with changed values) from a folder to a saved mission folder (in my user missions directory) but it never seemed to activate I think.

With that method I tested RydHQ_Rus = true and RydHQ_CargoFind = 100 but had little luck with either too. (To clarify I assumed the RydHQ_Rus would be the simplest variable to test for whether the scripts were activating as these would make units basically 'run' rather than walk etc?

To activate the init.sqf, is there a line of script I should use in the mission editor to tell ARMA2 to 'read' the init.sqf file?

No, all good about init.sqf is, it is auto-executed. If only file of that name is present in mission folder directly (not in any subfolder for example), all its content will be executed at mission init line by line.

For example if I took another init.sqf and just changed it's values to true would it work by copying and pasting or should it be done by scratch?

Yes, you can just copy and paste.

RydHQ_Rus

You think about RydHQ_Rush, right? If applied properly, indeed, will make all groups run instead of walk.

If you have any problems, you always can just upload your mission and give me a link here, so I can check it for you (best without any other mods dependency, as I could not have needed mod). Anyway, I cannot help just basing on info "hey, it is not working for me". Reasons may be too many, and something may not work in many ways. Wrong application, typo, misunderstanding, bug... Are demo missions working for you, as should? Are there markers visible on map after about half minute? If so - this also is done via ini variable for debug.

I had a go copying the init.sqf file (with changed values) from a folder to a saved mission folder (in my user missions directory) but it never seemed to activate I think.

Demos are for addon version of HAC. So depends, which version you try to run that way.

For example, to run complex demo with scripted version instead of addon, you must paste into mission folder content of Script version folder, open init.sqf and remove "//" from the line:

//nul = [] execVM "RydHQInit.sqf";

That will activate this line, and it is basically initialization of HAC scripts, you pasted here earlier. Now launch the game without HAC addon, and preview demo in editor. Should work same, as not changed demo played with HAC addon (and CBA)...

Edited by Rydygier