Rydygier

HETMAN - Artificial Commander

For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?

• Only one
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four of them
    • Five
    • Six
    • Seven
    • All eight!

In simply words BB's role is to assign objectives to subordinate Leaders dynamically (to conquer whole map/battlefield). So there is no place for any special messages/markers for player from BB. The only exception is that, when player's group is designated as garrison of taken BB's objective, but this is rare. Apart of that all tasks/messages/markers for player's group come from his Leader.

Edited by Rydygier

Thanks for your answer Rydygier.

Could you please tell me how to activate that feature? I tested the demo missions and never received any tasks/messages/markersor whatever.

Greetings,

I have a bitbucket repo of HETMAN for A3 which I'm logging from initial commit of 1.43 -> A3. I have HETMAN working (big boss MP, etc) with A3 and wish to share my work and find collaborators.

My Bitbucket for HETMAN:

https://bitbucket.org/zorrobyte/hetman-artificial-commander

Please add me on skype ross.fisher91 if you wish to help.

Thanks for your answer Rydygier.

Could you please tell me how to activate that feature? I tested the demo missions and never received any tasks/messages/markersor whatever.

This feature is active by default and in fact can't be turned off. All, what is needed is used HAC and human player as team leader under HAC's control (but not as Leader himself obviously). If you never got any messages, then you aren't team leader, yours group is not subordinated (it is not same side as Leader - in default control mode Leader controls all groups of his side - or excluded via init config), or HAC is not active.

For example run in editor HAC simple demo and set yourself as one of BLUFOR TL's (eg scout). Then preview and just wait about 20 seconds. There should be (and is in any of my tests) short conversation with HQ, then task added, marker and waypoint. For scout in simple HAC demo - recon mission most probably. Be sure, that HAC addon is used (with CBA), as in current version all demos are for addon version (demos mission folders not contain HAC scripts) to keep MBs as low as possible.

I have HETMAN working (big boss MP, etc) with A3 and wish to share my work and find collaborators.

Hey, thats great. Thanks for sharing and initiative. Could you perhaps provide some more detailed info about this repo? What is your goal, for what kind of help you need collaborators (what kind of work do you want to do with HAC)?

I guess, not all will work with A3, eg artillery, smoke and flare grenades, ammo drop... - as these needs certain A2 classnames to work, perhaps someting more. Most probably I'll personally deal with A3 HAC version, but when there will be available A3 1.0 box version with data on DVD. DLC is not an option for me.

Hey, thats great. Thanks for sharing and initiative. Could you perhaps provide some more detailed info about this repo? What is your goal, for what kind of help you need collaborators (what kind of work do you want to do with HAC)?

I guess, not all will work with A3, eg artillery, smoke and flare grenades, ammo drop... - as these needs certain A2 classnames to work, perhaps someting more. Most probably I'll personally deal with A3 HAC version, but when there will be available A3 1.0 box version with data on DVD. DLC is not an option for me.

My ultimate goal is to simply get working as much as the A2 code possible in A3 while providing bug reports and documentation along the way to help development of your official version. So far, all the stock functionality seems to be working in exception to support, arty, and other mission as these assets are not yet existent in the game.

As for arty support, I changed the classnames and got fired upon, seems to be working!

Wow, that's great! Seems, like you'll do all the job before I'll start any work with A3 version... :) If we are lucky - perhaps there will be not so much to do. This should be very helpul, especially if can be registered/pointed/documented all made changes, so I could follow yours work. This perhaps means more time for thinking about hypothetical A3-dedicated new HAC features based on introduced in A3 scripting content. Don't hesitate to ask me if there appear any problem/question - I'll gladly provide any needed info, if possible.

If you want - I can stick yours repo link to the first post with any comment/announcement you like to keep this project from oblivion.

Wow, that's great! Seems, like you'll do all the job before I'll start any work with A3 version... :) If we are lucky - perhaps there will be not so much to do. This should be very helpul, especially if can be registered/pointed/documented all made changes, so I could follow yours work. This perhaps means more time for thinking about hypothetical A3-dedicated new HAC features based on introduced in A3 scripting content. Don't hesitate to ask me if there appear any problem/question - I'll gladly provide any needed info, if possible.

If you want - I can stick yours repo link to the first post with any comment/announcement you like to keep this project from oblivion.

I would appreciate the linkage :) Also I'd love to burn a steam backup of the gamefiles and send them your way whenever you are interested so you don't have to download much on DVD; PM me when you are interested, may be a long time before a boxed version comes out in your country.

HC support I believe is easy as putting if !(isHC || isServer) exitwith {diag_log "I am a client"}; in RydHQInit.sqf, I'll test and see.

Also I'd love to burn a steam backup of the gamefiles and send them your way whenever you are interested so you don't have to download much on DVD

Thanks! I have in my place monthly limit of 6 GB and really slow connection... Even didn't knew, that such combination is possible - to buy game as DLC, but then provide game files from DVD... So I'll see, and PM after buying.

I do not rush in fact, as I'm planning to think about anything new basing on A3 content only, when this content would be "stable" and complete, so 1.0 is minimum. Thanks to temporary access to the unlimited connection I was able to obtain alpha lite, so currently I'm simply familiarizing with A3. And still I have couple of ideas that can be done under A2, so I shouldn't "waste" time until 1.0 would be available.

I would appreciate the linkage

Done. :) If you wish, check first thread post, if all is OK.

Edited by Rydygier

What are the names/variables that are assigned to BB locations? For example, I want to create an enemypop module that will spawn/respawn enemy AI at the start of the mission at locations BB assigns "CityCenters, Strategic, StrongPointArea, FlatArea, FlatAreaCity," etc.

Also, is there an array that contains BigBoss custom locations?

Reason is, I can't seem to find a reliable method of spawning in enemy AI for HETMAN control as DAC and UPSMON do much more than simply spawn in units and wastes CPU cycles.

*edit*

Found it,

foreach _BBStr;

_BBSAL = RydBBa_SAL;
if (_BBSide == "B") then {_BBSAL = RydBBb_SAL};

{
_BBStr set [(count _BBStr),[(position _x),_x getVariable "AreaValue",false]]
}
foreach (synchronizedObjects _BBSAL);

_strArea = _strArea + _BBStr;

if (RydBB_CustomObjOnly) then {_strArea = _BBStr};

I'll need to convert _BBStr to a public var :)

Edited by zorrobyte

Yep, inside Boss.sqf _BBStr holds custom objectives (and _strArea holds all of them, custom, and chosen by BB). However converting _BBStr may be not necessary, if all custom objectives are set via RydBBa_Str and RydBBb_Str arrays (p. 29 of manual). Unless RydBBCustomObjOnly is set to true, BB will choose on its own location of following types:

_loc10 = nearestLocations [_cntr, ["NameCityCapital"], _objRad]; 
_loc5 = nearestLocations [_cntr, ["NameCity","Airport"], _objRad]; 
_loc2 = nearestLocations [_cntr, ["NameVillage"], _objRad]; 
_loc1 = nearestLocations [_cntr, ["BorderCrossing"], _objRad]; 
_locHill = nearestLocations [_cntr, ["Hill","ViewPoint"], _objRad]; 

Yep, inside Boss.sqf _BBStr holds custom objectives (and _strArea holds all of them, custom, and chosen by BB). However converting _BBStr may be not necessary, if all custom objectives are set via RydBBa_Str and RydBBb_Str arrays (p. 29 of manual). Unless RydBBCustomObjOnly is set to true, BB will choose on its own location of following types:

_loc10 = nearestLocations [_cntr, ["NameCityCapital"], _objRad]; 
_loc5 = nearestLocations [_cntr, ["NameCity","Airport"], _objRad]; 
_loc2 = nearestLocations [_cntr, ["NameVillage"], _objRad]; 
_loc1 = nearestLocations [_cntr, ["BorderCrossing"], _objRad]; 
_locHill = nearestLocations [_cntr, ["Hill","ViewPoint"], _objRad]; 

The actual spawn code is ugly but if anything the spawnsafe var holds clean pos :)

http://pastebin.com/YGC5KHPb

Goal is to use HAC in a PvP/CooP atmosphere as it's own gamemode of sorts. Players want objectives and stuff to do, HAC provides a direct and rather dramatic difference by directing the action. I believe that if integrated with suites like R3F it could lead to an interesting player experience.

Edited by zorrobyte

Nice. Sounds really interesting. I'm very glad every time someone finds new use for HAC. I was from the beginning curious, for what applications/projects this tool will be used. Paired with dynamic map populating can for sure give great gameplay.

Does this mod conflict with ASR ai or GL4? i ask because i tried the complex HAC demo several times, one time i went to the mall which took a couple hours and when i came home not a unit had moved on the map so im wondering if something is conflicting with the addon

ASR shouldn't conflict. I do not know much about GL4, but heard, that it uses waypoints, same as HAC. If so, then GL4 for sure can and most probably will conflict, as both in such case will try to control groups via waypoints simultanously. But even then, I think, there should be some movements, not sure though. Possible, that something was set wrongly and HAC even didn't init. Only guessing of course.

Hi Ryd

Thank you for all your hard work on this, it's one of the best mods for A2 IMHO. Apologies for the long silence, I've been flattened by a virus for quite a few weeks & still feeling really knackered.

Re asr_ai - works fine with HAC. GL4 does not (though I have experimented a little with releasing a group or two from HA and having GL4 take them over for manning a defensive position, seems sort of OK but not well-tested.

Cheers

Orc

Is this mod used to upgrade the ai commander in warfare?

My guess is, than can be used for this purpose with nice effect, when properly configured. But I'm not awared about any such project.

Hi Orc. :)

My guess is, than can be used for this purpose with nice effect, when properly configured. But I'm not awared about any such project.

Hi Orc. :)

Thanks for responding.

So the commander can`t build HQ and place buildings in the vanilla version of this mod?

No, he can't. HAC will no spawn or add on map anything new (except some invisible logics for arty and temporary helipads or chutes...). He only manages, what he find on map. HAC (BigBoss in particular) IMO can be used as part of warfare gamemode (AI), but by itself is not designed as warfare stuff and haven't integrated any spawning/constructing solution. Such thing, warfare or any other, may be added (combined with HAC) externally.

No, he can't. HAC will no spawn or add on map anything new (except some invisible logics for arty and temporary helipads or chutes...). He only manages, what he find on map. HAC (BigBoss in particular) IMO can be used as part of warfare gamemode (AI), but by itself is not designed as warfare stuff and haven't integrated any spawning/constructing solution. Such thing, warfare or any other, may be added (combined with HAC) externally.

Thanks. Are there any specific places I can download user made maps for this mod?

I'm not awared about such place nor maps. Most people uses HAC as instant battle generator, there was a few more advanced projects using HAC, but didn't saw nothing finished yet. Probably, when I finish with ideas to script, that awaits, I'll prepare something myself.

For A2 Hetman developing is closed. Any new version, if needed, will be pure maintaining - bug fixing or expanding radio voices set with new recordings. New features, if any, possible after porting HAC to A3, if A3 will provide me new scripting commands allowing to do stuff not possible in A2 (however nothing specific in mind ATM).

For A2 Hetman developing is closed. Any new version, if needed, will be pure maintaining - bug fixing or expanding radio voices set with new recordings. New features, if any, possible after porting HAC to A3, if A3 will provide me new scripting commands allowing to do stuff not possible in A2 (however nothing specific in mind ATM).

Cool, cant wait.

Im now running this mod combined with ASR AI and TPWCAS mods, and it proves a good challenge :). As far as I know, all these mod is being ported over to ArmA 3 as well.

There are quite a bit of sounds in the stock A3 PBOs that could save a lot of effort and help decrease the script version's file size. Until A3 is complete however, I have decided to make a script version w/o sound (uploaded to GIT, see OP) since sound names may change.

I have updated the example mission with the Galkin fix for those whom are interested and also added in the custom trigger for BB MP.