Rydygier

HETMAN - Artificial Commander

For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?

• Only one
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four of them
    • Five
    • Six
    • Seven
    • All eight!

Hi I just recently started to used the addon and i must say it is indeed very fun, but I have one question referring to the cargo system. I was trying to get info how to use this feature, now I have read the PDF version, and followed some of the directions but in process of that I have gotten confused. I simply want to use helicopters as transport to Fly infantry into a leaders waypoint issue over 1000m. I am wondering how do I go by doing that I have placed Two helicopters on the map Put the proper ;findcargo at 250 Into the leader HQ Init And it seems not to work. Am I'm doing something wrong? Am I missing something? Please help thanks

To say, what you miss, I need to see, what you exactly done (to check your mission). But maybe some preliminary info will be sufficient:

Most important thing, that must be understood about HAC as a whole and cargo system in particular is, that HAC decides, who, where, how and when should be used. If you put on map helicopters with sufficient cargo space for yours group, then you will get only a chance, that HAC will decide to assign cargo for you, if you get proper task far enough. But HAC may also assign these choppers to someone else, keep it as reserve or use for recon/CAS/whatever. As long, as are busy with other tasks, will be not available. Of course you can make your chances for cargo bigger by manipulating with init variables. Eg if you want to use UH-1Y for cargo trasport, you can put their class into no combat air RHQ category, so for HAC these units become non-combat, so not usable for attack missions any more.

See that demo, where all is set in such a way, that chances for quick cargo assignment are maximal. Recon is off, rapid capturing on. There is only one, yours group and one chopper. So we can expect, that you will be send with capturing mission. For such missions air cargo can be assigned, if target area is far enough, as in this example. Additionally chopper's class is set as non-combat by RHQ_NCAir, what guarantees, that will be not used for regular combat mission (there is no enemy anyway). There are also some init config arrays, that allows to filter out given kinds of missions for given groups.

Of course this is "clinical" situation, optimal for basic air cargo procedure testing, in "real", lead by HAC battle chances for that will be dependent on situation. Use Ctrl+space to see on map, who is moving where.

AirCargoDemo (1.33)

Expected procedure:

- marker for capturing mission for yours group is shown;

- chopper gets waypoint at yours position;

- when chopper is at the spot, yours group run to its position;

- when group is close enough chopper lands;

- group is loading then;

- chopper flies towards your objective;

- on place looks for suitable LZ and unloads yours group there;

- group follows toward capturing area, chopper increases height (to avoid collisions possible, if we issue for it waypoint, when it is hovering below obstacles level) and after some seconds flies back to the initial position, where lands.

Edited by Rydygier

Thanks this demo and what you explained helped me. Thanks very much I really truly enjoy this addon, and is pretty much all I use now on ArmA 2

Can someone please help me setting up this as a multiplayer mission? Like jiltedjock suggested, I've put:

if(!isServer) exitWith{};

in RYDHQInit.sqf and the mission starts, some markers are generated, but BB doesn't awake and nobody gets a mission. BTW I've set up the dedicated server using TA2DST v1.4 using default options.

I know HAC isn't for MP use, I just want to use 4 cores for performance, as someone mentioned a couple pages back.

Hey guys, I'm having an issue. I recently started playing around with the DEFEND mode for one side commander, lets say its OPFOR. I have all the parameters set, 4 triggers/waypoints and HQ location are all defend points with 3-4 groups required to hold. But In this mode at the start of the mission, I only get "stand by for new orders" and it stops at that. I have tried switching to different groups, but whatever group is player controlled will not be assigned tasks for some reason. I found someone has fixed similar issue just by restarting Arma, well doesn't work for me, in my case its a 100% occurance. Please advise.

Update found BRDM2-HQ to be the culprit, for some reason with the driver of that vehicle in command I had this problem, switched to BTR90-HQ and the problem went away.

Edited by SOVIETRAT

I had with one mission (also defend, but not sure, if this is related) similar problems (say 50% occurance) with first order. I came to the conclusion, that this was about heavily overloaded scheduler. This was mission, where I used Polish army by Vilas first time under HAC. There was many units, and seems, that at least part of polish models constantly flooded my RPT with some casting shadow error message, what probably may cause CPU chocking (?). Stuck during conversation with HQ, which is handled by a simple file (VoiceComm.sqf), that usualy works fine, led me to above conclusion. Do not see reason, why kind of HQ vehicle should affect this (this of course doesn't mean, that for sure there isn't such affection)... There is line in that file, where HQ gives first message, then code waits, until this message is "said". I suppose, this is the place of delay. I say "delay", because after some minutes order conversation was completed - another clue, that this is about too busy scheduler. Why during defending mission? Not sure, but first steps of defender are for sure heavier for CPU (good defense positions calculating) than in offensive mode.

Nice ongoing Development Rydgier, but one Problem still exists for me :

Mechanized Units with Recon Task will move to the Recon Area, the Troops disembark, but after doing Recon they get not the Order to get into their Vehicle again. So they´re walking Kilometers across Chernarus with the APC rolling behind them. Any Idea what could be done?

Greets

Marc

I think, that I found reason. If so, solution is quite simple. Should be fixed in the next version. If you don't want to wait, you can test this wip:

HAC 1.34wip

I hope this will solve problem, but goRecon files in this version are untested.

Hi again!

Thanks for the helping Hand, but sadly it doesn´t fix the Problem. :(

AI Team Leader still orders "All move far north etc." after Recon, and Infantry moves on Foot with APC beside like a Dog.

Thanks for checking out anyway! :)

Well, got some free time and tested this. Indeed, they moving on foot after recon. But they for sure have issued getIn order... Means, that they for some reason do not follow this command. OK. I'll test this further. Anyway thanks for reminding about this problem.

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

OK. Another try, last one today. I hope, that this time attempt will be succesfull...

HAC 1.34wip2

Ok, will give it a try now and report in later. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

You fixed the Problem. Thank you very much! :)

I can confirm that the Bigboss doesn't work on a server; even with the "if (!isServer) exitWith {};" Written in the first line in the RydHQInit.sqf script. It worked in the version before i think 1.3. I hope someone with some server scripting, could be helpsom, with a soluton for this :-) i primarily play on my server with my friends, so it would be a big help, (alittle Christmas present ;-) ).

Thanks...

Otherwise it works like a charm, thanks for your work Ryd. to make this game even better...

Sixt

Working on a new HAC Units Config.

Done so far :

-OA Units

-ACE Units

-BAF Units

-PMC Units

-BB Mercs

-BB OA Mercs

-Bink SF

-Bink USMC

-Davegary´s Rangers

-Massi´s Rangers

-Massi´s SEAL´s

-ExA HH60G

-ExA Humvees

-ExA RG31

-Mc Nools Tier One Operators

-Konyos Boeing / SOAR MH-47

-Meatballs MARSOC Marines

-Project CDF Mod

-Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (AFRF by RHS)

-Staglers Speznas GRU

-Stalkers British MTP Units

-Staglers Chechen Rebels

-Staglers Modern FSB Units

-STI A-10 and UH60

-YuraPetrovs Blackhawks

-TF 86 Seals

-M109 Paladin Self-Propelled Artillery

-ADuke´s Helos Pack

EDIT : Finished

:)

Edited by Humvee28
Config finished

Hey Ryd,

How hard would it be to make objective triggers more of a base type scenario? Yes, i know the answer, very hard :D anyway the idea is there's only one faction using HAC, objective triggers are bases or outpost already owned by faction, so movement would consist of supply vehicles moving between bases (resupply) patrols moving between bases, helos moving patrol groups between bases etc.

The idea being for deep recon type missions or search and destroy etc, where the island is active... I currently use HAC like this anyway and it seems to work quite well with patrols moving to objectives but not sure if they continue to patrol if leader considers objective captured and would be great if there were continuous supply line between all triggers, and behavior for leader is not for all out war, but to quickly eliminate any infiltration/saboteur activity if discovered... Maybe double patrol on any possible assets in the area?

Anyway im just thinking out loud/ideas etc

Edited by Katipo66

Hard - perhaps. But such mode, let's say "occupation mode", can be great complement of planned guerilla mode. I was afraid, that guerilla mode alone will be not... abundant enough. So was thought about someone to be antagonist for partisans. Truth is, that this way in both cases we are going quite far from basic HAC idea, but.. so what? :) Anyway, as for planned features, Guerilla was the last one, that will make HAC concept complete to me. May be an interesting challenge to make with this something more than only next HAC feature - something more independent, complex, but still based on HAC partially. Kind of occupant versus guerillas dynamic game mode. This is also only ideas for now, but who knows? Winter is long enough in Poland. :)

That's great to hear! I think Occupation Mode is a perfect description and would be a great option for HAC, especially if mission maker could assign targets to objects/units, then the leaders job is to protect those targets as well as maintain security between defined occupied territory... Anyway, yes just ideas and this kind of works for me already just using HAC as it is :)

Hello Rydygier. I would like to place some units defending base. How can I make so that the AI commander don't use them?

Edited by Odyseus

There are several ways. Use in yours init config RydHQ_Excluded array (RydHQB for leaderHQB and so on) by putting inside it names of the team leaders of groups, that shouldn't be controlled or for same purpose use RydHQ_ExcludedG, where you should use name of groups instead of teamleaders' names. Also you can set limit control mode (see manual - chapter 7 for details about needed init variables) for that Leader and do not put chosen groups under his control. You can also rely on HAC's defensive features by set up separate Leader over them with "DEFEND" order (need some additional config with limited control modes) or, simplier, use in the same way, as ExcludedG, RydHQ_Garrison array to make chosen groups garrisoned (see 5.6.7 manual chapter for details).

Thank you Rydygier. I got it! now i m having a little issue. My friends keeps crashing on multiplayer? Do you know what must be the problem?

Got the same problem : a friend of mine wast just keeping crashing quickly after launch (less than 1 minute or 2). As soon as I released a new version of the mission, he just stopped crashing. No clues about the reason of this problem.

I haven't idea. HAC is intended for SP, and I do not know much about MP scripting. Maybe some part of HAC's (or BB, if you are uisng it) is not compatibile with MP. Only guessing. But some guys here told, that they are using HAC in multiplayer somehow, even by simply adding one line at the beginning - check earlier posts. Maybe one of them will answer you...

Edited by Rydygier

I check it. Anyways great work on the HAC. It will be even better when you make it MP friendly :D. FYI I notice it crash when you have 2 different leader in MP, therefore as soon as the order comes in. Bam it crash . Anyways keep up the good work. If you need help testing or anything let me know!

Tried something. Exported HAC simple demo as multiplayer (there are two leaders), launched with HAC addon version, played with myself 5 minutes - no problems. This really must to check someone skilled in MP scripting...

EDIT: same with complex and BB demos (the lats one was running 20 minutes). I guess, that probably this is not the same, than MP session on two or more machines.

Edited by Rydygier

It works if you simply export is as a MP mission, but all scripts run on all machines. I ain't no MP expert either, but most of this stuff should run only on the server.