Rydygier

HETMAN - Artificial Commander

For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?

• Only one
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four of them
    • Five
    • Six
    • Seven
    • All eight!

Yeah, that is the problem. I fixed it by syncronizing leaderHQB to all his units and leaderHQC to all his units, but is there anyway to avoid this? I thought about creating a third BB, but even if he was friendly toward one side, wouldn't it try to capture all objectives of all sides?

Edited by Lucidity

There is no third BB available. Only two of them, one per side. If you have more than one Leader of same side, and each of them should control only part of that side's forces, then you need to limit their control by syncing, by Included array or by specific naming group leaders. It is unavoidable. If you want to have some interesting chaos, where both Leaders try to control all forces of their side, but not a second Leader, then add each Leader's group to excluded array of second Leader. But what for? :)

What do the numbers mean on the debug?

I know this may sound trivial, but even the report of losses is a little confusing. Do the numbers represent how many units I have placed on the map?

Can you explain the output of the debug mode so I can determine issues and problems HAC may have with the map I have designed? I am not looking for a thorough explanation of the exact numbers on the debug, just a short description of each line in the debug report.

I'm back. OK. Sure, let's look on this:

"Commander A (GENIUS) - Recklessness: 0.5 Consistency: 1 Activity: 1 Reflex: 1 Circumspection: 1 Fineness: 1"
"Morale A (GENIUS): 0 - losses: 0 percent (0)"

First line is clear, I think - which commander, name of the personality and characteristics of this personality.

Line two:

first number - morale value;

second - losses in percent of initial number of units (number of units under Leader's control present on map at the beginning of HAC activity minus number of such units in current cycle, all this divided by initial number of this units and multiplied by 100);

third, in the brackets - number of losses, means number of units under Leader's control present on map at the beginning of HAC activity minus number of such units in current cycle.

This values can be negative, if reinforcements was spawned and current number is greater than initial.

Shortly: in quite sophisticated manner (similar to real human leader way - using reserves, flanking, logistics etc, etc) tries to take or hold/defend points on the map designated by mission maker or by the script itself (in BB mode) using groups, that are under its control via dynamically assigning them waypoints.

very short: HAC gives orders to groups.

So it is like an AI controlled high commander? And can it give player teams orders too, assuming players are squad leaders?

Hi i have been playing this mod since the start. And i really apriciate your hard work.

But i have some questions:

About the big boss, i made a mission on everon, using the CWR2 mod, with offcourse the right Array. I had set 3 strategic positions up and had used the option for the big boss only to attack custom objectives. I had two Hac leaders on the opposite force, and had set the fronts, and the hac objectives ass described in your manuel. The problem was that, about every 2. time i set the mission up, one of the objectives for one of the leaders ended in the sea?? i used the bigboss+hac debug. Im i doing something wrong??? or shall there be enough strategig points so that all of the objectives of the leader are used?? 2 hac leaders = 8 objectives?? it is my third mission with mission with big boss, and the other two times it worked fine.

And i still some time feels that the AI is to passive, even with the beserk, norec=10000, Rapidcapture=10000, and eager leader on. Even when it obvious has outnumbered the force it is attacking, it still hold alot of units back in reserve, like 2/3, and because of that the attack losses momentum very fast. is there anyway to make it more agressive??

And sorry my very bad english.. :-)

Objective, that is moved somewhere else, especially on the sea, is something, that shouldn't happen, that is sure... BB's objective in any circumstancies should stay, where was placed. There is not re-placing mechanism.

No, there is no minimum or maximum limit of objectives per leader in BB mode. BB should just recognize all of them and try to take one by one (one at once per Leader). Something wrong is going on then, but currently can't tell, what. Also can't check repro, as haven't CWR, unless you will be able to construct repro mission with this problem, that uses only vanilla content... Tommorow will try to analyze BB's code in this regard, maybe will find something.

As for too big reserves... You can try to set Personality manually in first mode (each attribute separatelly, when RydHQ_MAtt = true, and RydHQ_Personality is undefined), and assign negative value to attribute RydHQ_Circumspection, if will be equal or lower to -0.75, then there will ne not reserves at all.

Another way: use internal variables same way, as usual init config, in ini.sqf, these variables are:

RydHQ_AttackReserve and RydHQ_ReconReserve

Give them positive value from 0 to 1, that indicates desired percent of forces used as reserve each cycle. (0.1 means 10% etc). I hope this will help, still at once will be sent max 3 groups towards single objective to capture it and will be taken only one objective per Leader under BB control at once. If you want to hurry capturing BB objectives, give under BB control more Leaders.

Thanks for answering :-)

You give me a couple ideas for solutions. Thanks :-)

I tried to give the opposite side all 8 Hac commanders, and enabled BB, but when the mission started it only laid down 4 fronts, and then it stopped working??

Is there a limit of how many leaders on one side??

The only limitation is overall number of Leaders - 8. How you divide them between both BBs (or how many of them you will give to one of them) is up to you. Or it should be that way. I afraid, that I must to see pure vanilla repro to know, what is wrong, there is too many factors possible, so simple problem description is not sufficient - not enough info. At least paste yours init config to check, if problem is there or not.

Currently I'm testing BB, and for now find out only, that because of very simple code issue array method for customize objectives is not working. But objectives custom set by logic flags method works fine, at least on Chernarus, other maps should make no diference, will check this though.

i have PM my init file for you, you can also get the mission.sqm if you want to, it is setup on celle2 with regular usmc and russian units

HAC 1.21 released.

changelog:

- fixed issues with objectives handling in BB mode

anyone experince with getting this to work on a server??

anyone experince with getting this to work on a server??

HAC is not meant for multiplayer. The script will likely run in multiple instances on the server and clients causing overlapping in the issuing of orders.

Edited by Lucidity

HAC is not meant for multiplayer.

That's right. Of course adaptation of HAC for MP is a matter of knowledge and determination. I haven't both here, unlike guys from MSO. You can ask them, how they did that for HAC 1.0. I can only guess, that HAC must be run... how they call that? "Server side" only or something.

HAC is not meant for multiplayer. The script will likely run in multiple instances on the server and clients causing overlapping in the issuing of orders.

In the main initialisation script for HAC put

if(!isServer) exitWith{};

at the start, then it will only run on the server.

I only play HAC (and MSO etc) on a server so that I get an extra thread for the AI and high FPS for the client.

If you have a good PC (mine is a 4.7GHz 2500k) you will find that you get a much better experience running HAC on a dedicated server instance on the same PC as your client, as this gives you a dedicated thread (on a separate core to your client threads) for AI while your client game is freed up to actually render, deal with high viewdistances etc.

Of course it means setting up the server which is a subject in itself, but it isn't difficult if you take your time. Running it on the same PC has the benefit of only one install (ie dedicated server and client share the same files).

Edited by jiltedjock

I only play HAC (and MSO etc) on a server so that I get an extra thread for the AI and high FPS for the client.

If you have a good PC (mine is a 4.7GHz 2500k) you will find that you get a much better experience running HAC on a dedicated server instance on the same PC as your client, as this gives you a dedicated thread (on a separate core to your client threads) for AI while your client game is freed up to actually render, deal with high viewdistances etc.

Of course it means setting up the server which is a subject in itself, but it isn't difficult if you take your time. Running it on the same PC has the benefit of only one install (ie dedicated server and client share the same files).

Thanks i read about the: if (!isServer) exitWith {}; this morning,and implementet it on HAC with great results on my server (have an extra comp i use as server). Though i set in every sqf sript in HAC just to be sure it worked, but he he i can se alot worked did'nt need to be done if it only had to be changed in the initialisation script :-)

^ hmm.. now I must try this out in coop MP :p

You just made my day. Thank you.

"if(!isServer) exitWith{};" goes in the start of the init.sqf correct?

You just made my day. Thank you.

"if(!isServer) exitWith{};" goes in the start of the init.sqf correct?

No the RydHQInit.sqf in the HAC script :-) that works for me. Don't think it works in the init file....