Rydygier

HETMAN - Artificial Commander

For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?

• Only one
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four of them
    • Five
    • Six
    • Seven
    • All eight!

Maybe this is why they will not fire at some of the playable units. I tried it without HAC and they will fire. I wonder if that has anything to do with them not fireing at the playable units?

Frankly - I do not know. If unit surrender, then become a captive. Only then HAC gives a reason to not shoot at given unit (still they will probably shoot anyway :( ). But then captive will also drop its weapons (so you can easily see, who is surrendering). Sometimes also groups may panic and flee. If fleeing, probably also will not shoot. I heard (and saw), that when units are very numerous, enough to overload CPU, AI becomes "retarded" somehow, but id they fire without HAC then this rather isn't this. You know what? I have previous I44 version, so if classes are same, you can give this mission, so I can see, what is hapening, but probably there are another classes in newest I44? Alas! My weak, limited net connection!

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Hey this was thousandth entry in this thread. Should we to celebrate this event somehow? :)

ok In this post I will update you HAC PBO with the WWII version andddd my mission give me a sec though. lol

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lkr6m6p971vyhfs/D-Day_I44.I44_Omaha_v2.pbo <---- this is the mission can be played both SP or MP. Also I set a civilian in there that will teleport on any position of the map by clicking the map andddd he cannot be killed.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5256ppqc5e1vwte/ryd_hac.pbo <---- this is the new HAC PBO with I44 configs. Again Make a seperate HAC folder call it HAC WWII. Then inside HACWWII create and addons folder, and in the addons folder place this HAC PBO. ;)

YES RYDYGIER 1000 IS ALOT TO CELEBRATE!!!! THAT is a big deal! Id say your mod is successful ;)

EDITED AGAIN: NO I'm not refering to the civilian as the one thats not beeing shot at. lol But the allied playable units are the ones that are not getting shot at. lol This comes later on. They do seem to be shot at in the begining, but as you play you will noticed they will ignor you. At best the look at you. :/

ONE MORE TIME: You may want to update the I44. Its much improved andddd the mission may not work correctly without it ;) ALSO I used some of the emplecments off Original Landing mission from I44. Those guys are so talented too. I'm basically trying to reduce it, BUT in my own way. My CPU gets very choppy playing there missions. SO I try and trick the player with respawns and teleport commands. This way the mission is ok, and by no means CPU straining. BUT all other stuff is my creation with the help of a few including HAC and titi.

Edited by Mikey74

Yeah, I definitely want to update, but can't. Not with my connection and monthly transfer limit. So I played this several times (really, I44 is one of the best mods), HAC works fine, although is quite tight fo A here :). Failed to see this "ignoring" issue so far, as I'm for sure NOT ignored and killed quite quickly. :). Anyway, at 7:13 Morale of A drops to -15 due to massive losses, A is in defend mode due to low morale and enemy numbers advantage, and tends to stay with such morale value because of respawns, that raises it a bit. Groups dies so quickly, that nearly none of them even tries to follow HAC's orders, too busy with dying. At 7:13 I had first cases of panic. It is probable that some groups can be ignored, as surrendered, still didn't saw this.

I think, that problem with this mission isn't a bug, but simply fact, that allies are here stopped, pinned down under fire and exterminated continously. Even if the get some waypoints, they not follow, as usually in Arma, when under fire. All this is obviously bad for morale... :) After 7:16 I see, that morale of A tends to raise very slowly (spawns make more good, that casaulties bad), and B morale starts to drop due to some casaulties. A sometimes is back to attack stance. So I think, that evetually allies will win, if will be respawned continuolsy. 7:22 - noted strange thing. I have HC module on map, so I can see markers for each group. Noticed, that after Nth respawn one of the groups got yellow marker, what means civilian side. This may be another reason of being ignored. Progress near to zero, all still die on sand. Morale of A stays on -10, B - about -1. Bodies everywhere. And that's all for know, haven't more time currently to watch more of this slaughter. :)

I also learned again, what is main Arma 2 problem. The main Arma 2 problem is, that there is around far too many too great mods and addons for this too great game. Life is far too short for all of them. :)

lol this is true. I stopped the beeing ignored on my end with 1 respawn with setting captive false, and resetting side to west, but on next respawn I was ignored. I'm not thinking this is hac. Back to the drawing board. lol BUT yes there are a bunch of great mods out there that make this game the best. I just wish Bis was able to advertise this better. :/ idk :) Thanks for checking out the slaughter, but ya know on the real D-day it was a slaughter for a good bit till the allies took the upper hand. :) The mission is very ruff and needs alot ALOT of cleaning up. Thanks again Rydygier. :)

question for ya Rydygier, I am trying to exclude a pilot class which I use in some of my custom scripts so that AI leaders do not take control of those units... i tried to use "RHQs_Crew = ["US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1"];"to make this happen and still same result... the leader re-tasks my bird so it does not complete its assienged waypoints as instructed. Any idea's?

-VRCRaptor

RHQs makes, that given class is removed from given category, that's all. This means, that groups, that consist unit of this class will be no longer considered as group of this category, unless some else unit of other class in this group belongs to same category. If you remove crewman from crew category:

1. It sitll wil be in eg. Inf category. Even, if you also remove it from any other categories:

2. Class of its vehicle still is present in some categories. Even, if you remove also this class from all categories:

3. Some tasks HAC will assign even for units, which classes was removed totally, as idle orders, capturing, sometimes recon. For this tasks he must only know, if unit's side is proper.

So, what to do? Generaly fo yours purpose is used RydHQ_ExcludedG init config array. But these contain groups, not classes. So you need a script launched before HAC, that will add each group, that contains unit of chosen class, to excluded array. If such groups will be spawned later, this must be constant, separate loop.

Not tested example:

while {true} do
{
	{
	if ((side _x) == west) then 
		{
		if not (_x in RydHQ_ExcludedG) then
			{
			_gp = _x;

{
				if (_x isKindOf "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1") exitWith {RydHQ_ExcludedG set [(count RydHQ_ExcludedG),_gp]}
				}
			foreach (units _x)
			}
		}
	}
foreach AllGroups;

sleep 10
};

Run this as separate sqf eg from the beginning of init.sqf. Like [] execVM "ExLoop.sqf";. This will check every 10 seconds, if there is any new western group, that contains pilot class unit and isn't yet added to excluded array, if found, then will be added to this array.

EDIT: Of course, if you know exactly, which group should be excluded, just... exclude it with this variable, without any scripting.

Edited by Rydygier

Rydygier,

thats seems to have done it... I really appreciate it. I tried this option too, but didnt have it in a loop to keep rechecking to find a new unit created like I have it do. good to have my project working again.. thanks

-VRCRaptor

After a third bughunting season and long BB test without any RPT error on new demo mission I decided, that HAC 1.2 is ready to be no-more-beta. So 1.2 released.

Apart from fixes and code improvements added:

- improved morale calculation (good balanced, I hope, with quite complex formula, that takes in sofisticated manner into account overall losses, last losses, reinforcements, time factor and actual force balance, but I'll still watch this in my gameplays (if any, heh), so further adjustments possible). Previous formula was imperfect, as in long-term morale always increased to maximal value;

- new "debugII" markers with "!" and "!!!" markings for indicating of panicked and suurrendered groups;

- improved risk calculation of attack orders for armor and air, when AT (AA) weaponry is known - now distance factor along the entire planned route is taken into account, so man with RPG five kilometers away will no longer affect sending tanks anywhere, if far from him;

- changed demo for BigBoss, also added new one for BB, but nearly as simple, as possible, for addon version, to facilitate the understanding of the fundamentals of BB concept before studying of its advanced features.

Note, that in demos for BB are used some "haste" init configs. I think, that these may be conisdered as recommended for BB, as with full process, including recon, conquest of whole map may last more than a day...

Any ideas, bug reports, questions and impressions, as always, appreciated. :)

My TO DO list contains still further BB developing, guerilla mode and full arty handling integration. Last mentioned should be the first done, but not sure, how long this will take, as "Lack of Time" phenomenon may occur in the nearest future. Also other projects are awaiting my attention...

EDIT: re-uploaded file, as forgot to add to manual two new config variables:

In the next release will be possible to set special "berserk"/"ура, вперед!" mode to keep Leader in offesive stance always. Threat level needed for withdrawal given group will be multiplied by cusomizable variable (default 1), if set to 0 - this feature will be inactive (no such withdrawal).

(the only change is in manual content)

Edited by Rydygier

Often, and annoying - just after 1.2 release found one more issue, so hotfix was needed and was made.

Noticed, that currently presence of any recon, FO or sniper unit in the group will block most of garrisoning behavior except patrolling, while should to block only static defense manning, and only for these units. In next release this will be corrected, till then, if someone want to have fully operational garrison, remove from a group any recon, FO or sniper/marksman.

Added new known issue to online manual:

"Big Boss uses dividing map into square sectors for some calculations. For this is needed position of map center and/or map’s dimensions. I do not know 100% reliable method for retrieving this data. Used code works fine for typical, square-like or sea-less maps, but for islands of irregular shape (like Everon) or for archipelagos this method becomes not reliable. Even then BB will work, just some its initial decisions (assigning flanks to “divisionsâ€) will be made based on wrong intel."

Problem is described also here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?139264-How-to-obtain-via-script-map-s-true-center-position-%28or-map-s-size-values%29

Edited by Rydygier

For some reason the debug features don't seem to be working in the missions that I set up. I noticed none of the debug icons would show up on the map while I was trying to get a config to work, so I plopped a few USMC units down on Chernarus after unsuccessfully trying to get it to work on Panthera. I'd assume it's just something I'm doing wrong since the last time I (successfully) messed with this script was before the Fronts system was implemented, but if it isn't it may be worth looking at!

I've uploaded both missions to my Dropbox account, and put them inside .rar files if anyone wants to take a look. The init.sqf file for both missions is also pasted below.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26191070/DebugTest.Chernarus.rar

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26191070/HAC2.Panthera2.rar

RydHQ_Debug = true;
RydHQ_DebugII = true;

RydHQ_CargoFind = 100;

//usually always last:
nul = [] execVM "RydHQInit.sqf";

Edited by Hobbesy

I took quick look at chernaruss debugtest. You named "leaderHQ" a vehicle. But this must be a person. So if you want to have mobile, armored or air HQ, then do not name a vehicle as Leader, but instead in vehicle's init field use something like:

leaderHQ = driver this;

(or refer to commander or gunner or passenger (cargo), if is present). When I did that - debug was back.

That would actually explain why a lot of things haven't been working at all. This has me wondering if I shouldn't record or write a tutorial on how to set up a basic HAC mission. Thanks!

Yeah, there are more things, that I must add to manual, when time will allow me. Recorded tutorial would be great help for many people as addition to manual and demo missions, I'm sure, but I can't do something like that personally.

I have a pretty decent screen recorder, I can try and record one today if you'd like. I don't really know much about making HAC actually work other than just having two HQs trying to capture points along with fronts, but I suppose there's always time to try and learn for a different video.

At the very least I can cover custom configs, what I mentioned above, and most of the variables.

Good screen recorder is a problem. Fraps - 30 seconds without registration. Others - similar. Which do you use? Also when tried to make a movie light enough for my poor net connection, was too small to see anything. And too short... Also my graphic card often do strange things, when trying to watch anything on youtube. Pity, as I know, that people often prefer rather to see, how to do something instead of read about. Demos also not always are sufficient. So, whatever you do - should be helpul for some players. As HAC creator often forget, that not all, what is obvious and easy to me, will be same for other, who do not know the HAC's code, as I do.

Edited by Rydygier

I can't really say it's going to be great, since it's almost 5 AM where I live, but I just recorded a short thing on setting up a small mission. I'm doing the editing now to cut out the loading, but it should be up soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwGSf-K7E3g&feature=youtu.be

Okay, here you go.

Edited by Hobbesy

I downloaded and saw this, my understanding of spoken english is quite poor, but all this looks very well and understandable indeed. Thanks a lot, Hobbesy, I'll stick link to this in the first post. :)

Edited by Rydygier

With the debug on, would it be possible to have the side chat report low morale levels? I don't mean specifically, such as the exact number, but something simple, like "LeaderHQB's morale is low." Maybe that's not a good idea, but as I was reading the manual about morale, I realized that either I'm missing something, or I there's no way for me to know if any leaders are about to give up (besides losses).

Currently in debug mode there is morale report every cycle, but only in RPT file. Also, if debugII is active, there will be markings, where a group is in panic or surrendered. Also currently Leader will never give up whole army at once. But when morale drops seriously, increases the risk of panic or surrender for each group separatelly. The more groups in panic/surrendered, the higher such risk for the rest. Practically for minimal morale this means usually widespread panic/surrendering in the whole Leader's army anyway. Silent hint or sidechat with such morale level info as addition to the debug shouldn't be a problem. Will add this to my TO DO list. BTW thanks for online manual correction, after midnight here, so I'll check all this tommorow. :)

Edited by Rydygier

I'm having an issue in which BigBoss B gives its leader units waypoints. I have relocate turned off, but they move around after BB-B issues orders. Any ideas?

Edited by Lucidity

Is used another Leader of same side with unlimited control? The only solution at 0:44 in my mind. :) Tommorow will think, but with repro mission may be hard to determine, what is wrong.