Rydygier

HETMAN - Artificial Commander

For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?

• Only one
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four of them
    • Five
    • Six
    • Seven
    • All eight!

voted 5 leaders, most missions i made use three, but im planning on a mission there i use the leaders as garrison commanders and then i will probably use all eight

@Anthropoid

If you want to study AI, then I can only congratulate you a good choice. This is very fascinating topic. I'm not so knowledgeable, first scripts created about a half year ago, and still learning. Also not know nearly anything about programming except Arma scripts. I can confirm, that first steps are the hardest, but definetelly worthy to take.

And yes, 3 hour limit in Freedom Fighters mission I personally considered as sabotage. :) (as any time limit in any mission) Even without this "FF" is probably too hard.

My observation about learning programming at this point: you pick a particular topic and start delving in, say for example installing an app to extract a .pbo. Then you realize that understanding that topic leads you inevitably to face your woeful ignorance of a larger topic, e.g., the "unassociate" function with .suffix file types in Windows . . . which then leads you to inquire about an even larger topic (e.g., basic Windows OS issues) . . . and on and on.

I can see why a degree in computer science is handy :o

For time limit issues in SP - check out Kronsky's Support Call

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135571-Support-Call-quot-Cheat-quot-module

@Anthropoid - I use Eliteness to manipulate game files, never had a problem with it, & I love the GUI. Very intuitive to use. Also, if you're going to start seriously messing around with code, you'll need Notepad ++ (Google it) and sbsmac's wonderful "Squint" (search the BIS forum for Squint ).

Voted for four leaders but one in early stage currently uses 5, will probably end up as 6 when I eventually release DAC-controlled insurgents to HAC. Well, that is, when the current work (over)load eases off.... haven't even had time to try wip4 yet :(

voted 5 leaders, most missions i made use three, but im planning on a mission there i use the leaders as garrison commanders and then i will probably use all eight

That's a really good idea. I would like to do that as well. Are you willing to share your mission so I can see how you set it up?

I've been using HAC almost exclusively over the past few weeks with large maps of upwards of 200 - 300 units. I've left the mission running overnight often just to see the result the next day. What I often notice after 10 hours of real time is only 7 hours have passed in game (this is reasonable because my quad-core is aging), but the main problem is the game slows down substantially and fps is low (less than 20fps).

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me because many units have died and many are then on rest or reserve missions. If I started with 300, and 7 hours later there are 50, wouldn't the game run faster?

I can understand a memory leak, but I usually end up restarting the mission and it will be back to normal, indicating ArmA is running fine.

same as i have done. but i have 8 cores.

and the ingame time slows down to 1/2 of real time

I have a question: I have constructed a mission where the opposing force doesn´t use a high commander, but instead uses triggers and waypoints to simulate a completely uncoordinated enemy without radio support. Does the High Command AI of Hetman still recognize enemy forces despite no enemy commander being present? Because in the testmission I made, they always seem to swarm the objectives, and not do anything against enemies coming from unexpected directions. Only ran one test so far, so I may be wrong.

I already love this addon: it´s a fantastic thing. I´ve always dreamed of having a dynamic force commander AI where I could be subordinate. Thanks a lot for this :)

Edit: I may have overlooked this somewhere in this thread, but is it also possible to make your commander issue move orders with any other speed than "low"?

Edited by InstaGoat

Does the High Command AI of Hetman still recognize enemy forces despite no enemy commander being present?

Yes. Recognition is based only on knowsAbout parameter and getFriend parameter (all groups on map are every cycle divided as friendly and enemy by getFriend filter, then code checks, which enemy is known to Leader (means also known to any Leader's subordinate group)), so opposite Leader is not needed for that. Described issue (ignoring enemy) is strange. Are you using vanilla units, OA or custom/DLC? If OA or custom/DLC - is proper RHQ array set up for them? Any other AI addons involved (eg messing with knowsAbout factor)? I can check, what is going on, if you give me this mission (unless this mission needs some addons, that I haven't, but even then I can check init config and some other things).

is it also possible to make your commander issue move orders with any other speed than "low"?

Story is as follows: Initially all groups was moved with normal speed, but there was numerous requests, so if target waypoint is far away, groups should move slower. So currently HAC will decide, if waypoint is far enough (and some other things are true) to switch speed as slow. If waypoint is close, or some other circumstances occur, then speed will be normal.

I have optional turn off limited speed (all groups always running) in my "TO DO" list however, so this will be done someday.

Edited by Rydygier

Yes. Recognition is based only on knowsAbout parameter and getFriend parameter (all groups on map are every cycle divided as friendly and enemy by getFriend filter, then code checks, which enemy is known to Leader (means also known to any Leader's subordinate group)), so opposite Leader is not needed for that. Described issue (ignoring enemy) is strange. Are you using vanilla units, OA or custom/DLC? If OA or custom/DLC - is proper RHQ array set up for them? Any other AI addons involved (eg messing with knowsAbout factor)? I can check, what is going on, if you give me this mission (unless this mission needs some addons, that I haven't, but even then I can check init config and some other things).

Story is as follows: Initially all groups was moved with normal speed, but there was numerous requests, so if target waypoint is far away, groups should move slower. So currently HAC will decide, if waypoint is far enough (and some other things are true) to switch speed as slow. If waypoint is close, or some other circumstances occur, then speed will be normal.

I have optional turn off limited speed (all groups always running) in my "TO DO" list however, so this will be done someday.

Thanks for the quick reply. As for the RHQ array, I have no clue how to do that. I have currently put one of the configs into the init line of the commander, because I derived from the manual that this works too? I am only using OA stock units, which are part of the aforementioned config. The only AI addon I am using is the most recent ASR AI package. Other mods that mess with the engine itself are Blastcore and JSRS, but I don´t know if those affect anything in regards to the AI. Should I try to run the game completely vanilla, only using Hetman + ASR to see if that changes anything?

For the speed thing, that is okay, I´ll just have to cope with it.

If you are using OA stuff without RHQ config, then HAC will not work properly. RHQ is telling HAC, what kind of unit (infantry, armored, AT, static and so on) is unit of given class. Without this knowledge HAC can't make a decision, what to do with given unit and has hardcoded arrays only for A2 vanilla units. Other must be added via RHQ in init config. RHQ are big, so I strongly recommend to use init.sqf for init config (exactly as in HAC complex demo, still unit's init field will work too, but will be flooded by code). To add RHQ for OA units just paste RHQ arrays for OA into init.sqf, can be located in any place maybe except after last line for script version (null = [] execVM "RydHQInit.sqf"), but then also should work fine.

So eg init.sqf inside your's mission folder may look like here:

RHQ_Recon = ["US_Delta_Force_AR_EP1","US_Delta_Force_MG_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Marksman_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Medic_EP1","US_Delta_Force_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Assault_EP1","US_Delta_Force_M14_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Night_EP1","US_Delta_Force_SD_EP1","US_Delta_Force_TL_EP1","TK_Soldier_Sniper_EP1","TK_Soldier_SniperH_EP1","TK_Soldier_Sniper_Night_EP1","TK_Soldier_Spotter_EP1","TK_Special_Forces_MG_EP1","TK_Special_Forces_EP1","TK_Special_Forces_TL_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_Sniper_EP1"];
RHQ_Snipers = ["US_Soldier_Sniper_EP1","US_Soldier_SniperH_EP1","US_Soldier_Sniper_NV_EP1","US_Soldier_Spotter_EP1","BAF_Soldier_SniperN_MTP","BAF_Soldier_SniperH_MTP","BAF_Soldier_Sniper_MTP","BAF_Soldier_spotter_MTP","BAF_Soldier_spotterN_MTP","BAF_Soldier_SniperN_W","BAF_Soldier_SniperH_W","BAF_Soldier_Sniper_W","BAF_Soldier_spotter_W","BAF_Soldier_spotterN_W","TK_Soldier_Sniper_EP1","TK_Soldier_SniperH_EP1","TK_Soldier_Sniper_Night_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_Sniper_EP1","Soldier_Sniper_PMC","Soldier_Sniper_KSVK_PMC","GER_Soldier_Scout_EP1"];
RHQ_ATInf = ["US_Soldier_AT_EP1","US_Soldier_HAT_EP1","BAF_Soldier_AT_MTP","BAF_Soldier_HAT_MTP","BAF_Soldier_AT_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_HAT_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AT_W","BAF_Soldier_HAT_W","TK_Soldier_HAT_EP1","TK_Soldier_LAT_EP1","TK_Soldier_AT_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_AT_EP1","Soldier_AT_PMC"];
RHQ_AAInf = ["US_Soldier_AA_EP1","BAF_Soldier_AA_MTP","BAF_Soldier_AA_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AA_W","TK_Soldier_AA_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_AA_EP1","Soldier_AA_PMC"];
RHQ_Inf = ["US_Soldier_AA_EP1","US_Soldier_AT_EP1","US_Soldier_AAT_EP1","US_Soldier_HAT_EP1","US_Soldier_AHAT_EP1","US_Soldier_AR_EP1","US_Soldier_AAR_EP1","US_Soldier_Crew_EP1","US_Soldier_Engineer_EP1","US_Soldier_GL_EP1","US_Soldier_MG_EP1","US_Soldier_AMG_EP1","US_Soldier_Marksman_EP1","US_Soldier_Medic_EP1","US_Soldier_Officer_EP1","US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1","US_Pilot_Light_EP1","US_Soldier_EP1","US_Soldier_LAT_EP1","US_Soldier_B_EP1","US_Soldier_Sniper_EP1","US_Soldier_SniperH_EP1","US_Soldier_Sniper_NV_EP1","US_Soldier_Light_EP1","US_Soldier_Spotter_EP1","US_Soldier_SL_EP1","US_Soldier_TL_EP1","BAF_Soldier_AA_MTP","BAF_Soldier_AAA_MTP","BAF_Soldier_AAT_MTP","BAF_Soldier_AHAT_MTP","BAF_Soldier_AAR_MTP","BAF_Soldier_AMG_MTP","BAF_Soldier_AT_MTP","BAF_Soldier_HAT_MTP","BAF_Soldier_AR_MTP","BAF_crewman_MTP","BAF_Soldier_EN_MTP","BAF_Soldier_GL_MTP","BAF_Soldier_FAC_MTP","BAF_Soldier_MG_MTP","BAF_Soldier_scout_MTP","BAF_Soldier_Marksman_MTP","BAF_Soldier_Medic_MTP","BAF_Soldier_Officer_MTP","BAF_Pilot_MTP","BAF_Soldier_MTP","BAF_ASoldier_MTP","BAF_Soldier_L_MTP","BAF_Soldier_N_MTP","BAF_Soldier_SL_MTP","BAF_Soldier_SniperN_MTP","BAF_Soldier_SniperH_MTP","BAF_Soldier_Sniper_MTP","BAF_Soldier_spotter_MTP","BAF_Soldier_spotterN_MTP","BAF_Soldier_TL_MTP","BAF_Soldier_AA_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AAA_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AAT_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AHAT_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AAR_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AMG_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AT_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_HAT_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AR_DDPM","BAF_crewman_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_EN_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_GL_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_FAC_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_MG_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_scout_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_Marksman_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_Medic_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_Officer_DDPM","BAF_Pilot_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_DDPM","BAF_ASoldier_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_N_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_SL_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_TL_DDPM","BAF_Soldier_AA_W","BAF_Soldier_AAA_W","BAF_Soldier_AAT_W","BAF_Soldier_AHAT_W","BAF_Soldier_AAR_W","BAF_Soldier_AMG_W","BAF_Soldier_AT_W","BAF_Soldier_HAT_W","BAF_Soldier_AR_W","BAF_crewman_W","BAF_Soldier_EN_W","BAF_Soldier_GL_W","BAF_Soldier_FAC_W","BAF_Soldier_MG_W","BAF_Soldier_scout_W","BAF_Soldier_Marksman_W","BAF_Soldier_Medic_W","BAF_Soldier_Officer_W","BAF_Pilot_W","BAF_Soldier_W","BAF_ASoldier_W","BAF_Soldier_L_W","BAF_Soldier_N_W","BAF_Soldier_SL_W","BAF_Soldier_SniperN_W","BAF_Soldier_SniperH_W","BAF_Soldier_Sniper_W","BAF_Soldier_spotter_W","BAF_Soldier_spotterN_W","BAF_Soldier_TL_W","TK_Soldier_AA_EP1","TK_Soldier_AAT_EP1","TK_Soldier_AMG_EP1","TK_Soldier_HAT_EP1","TK_Soldier_AR_EP1","TK_Aziz_EP1","TK_Commander_EP1","TK_Soldier_Crew_EP1","TK_Soldier_Engineer_EP1","TK_Soldier_GL_EP1","TK_Soldier_MG_EP1","TK_Soldier_Medic_EP1","TK_Soldier_Officer_EP1","TK_Soldier_Pilot_EP1","TK_Soldier_EP1","TK_Soldier_B_EP1","TK_Soldier_LAT_EP1","TK_Soldier_AT_EP1","TK_Soldier_Sniper_EP1","TK_Soldier_SniperH_EP1","TK_Soldier_Sniper_Night_EP1","TK_Soldier_Night_1_EP1","TK_Soldier_Night_2_EP1","TK_Soldier_TWS_EP1","TK_Soldier_Spotter_EP1","TK_Soldier_SL_EP1","TK_Special_Forces_MG_EP1","TK_Special_Forces_EP1","TK_Special_Forces_TL_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_AA_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_AR_EP1","TK_INS_Bonesetter_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_MG_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_2_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_4_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_3_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_AAT_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_Sniper_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_TL_EP1","TK_INS_Warlord_EP1","TK_INS_Soldier_AT_EP1","GER_Soldier_MG_EP1","GER_Soldier_Medic_EP1","GER_Soldier_EP1","GER_Soldier_Scout_EP1","GER_Soldier_TL_EP1","Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC","Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC""Soldier_Sniper_PMC","Soldier_Medic_PMC","Soldier_MG_PMC","Soldier_MG_PKM_PMC","Soldier_AT_PMC","Soldier_Engineer_PMC","Soldier_GL_M16A2_PMC","Soldier_M4A3_PMC","Soldier_PMC","Soldier_GL_PMC","Soldier_Crew_PMC","Soldier_Pilot_PMC","Soldier_Sniper_KSVK_PMC","Soldier_AA_PMC","Soldier_TL_PMC","Ry_PMC","Dixon_PMC","Poet_PMC","Reynolds_PMC","Tanny_PMC"];
RHQ_Art = ["M1129_MC_EP1","MLRS_DES_EP1","M252_US_EP1","M119_US_EP1","GRAD_TK_EP1","MAZ_543_SCUD_TK_EP1","2b14_82mm_TK_EP1","D30_TK_EP1","2b14_82mm_TK_INS_EP1"];
RHQ_HArmor = ["M1A1_US_DES_EP1","M1A2_US_TUSK_MG_EP1","T72_TK_EP1","T55_TK_EP1"];
RHQ_LArmor = ["M1130_CV_EP1","M6_EP1","M2A2_EP1","M2A3_EP1","M1126_ICV_M2_EP1","M1126_ICV_mk19_EP1","M1135_ATGMV_EP1","M1128_MGS_EP1","BAF_FV510_D","BAF_FV510_W","BMP2_TK_EP1","BMP2_HQ_TK_EP1","BRDM2_TK_EP1","BRDM2_ATGM_TK_EP1","BTR60_TK_EP1","M113_TK_EP1","T34_TK_EP1","ZSU_TK_EP1"];
RHQ_LarmorAT = ["M1135_ATGMV_EP1","M1128_MGS_EP1","BMP2_TK_EP1"];
RHQ_Cars = ["ATV_US_EP1","HMMWV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_MK19_DES_EP1","HMMWV_TOW_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998_crows_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998_crows_MK19_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Terminal_EP1","HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Avenger_DES_EP1","M1030_US_DES_EP1","MTVR_DES_EP1","BAF_ATV_D","BAF_Jackal2_GMG_D","BAF_Jackal2_L2A1_D","BAF_Offroad_D","BAF_ATV_W","BAF_Jackal2_GMG_W","BAF_Jackal2_L2A1_W","BAF_Offroad_W","LandRover_MG_TK_EP1","LandRover_SPG9_TK_EP1","TT650_TK_EP1","SUV_TK_EP1","UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1","UAZ_AGS30_TK_EP1","UAZ_MG_TK_EP1","Ural_ZU23_TK_EP1","V3S_TK_EP1","V3S_Open_TK_EP1","BTR40_TK_INS_EP1","BTR40_MG_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_SPG9_TK_INS_EP1","Old_bike_TK_INS_EP1","SUV_PMC","ArmoredSUV_PMC"];
RHQ_Air = ["A10_US_EP1","AH64D_EP1","AH6J_EP1","AH6X_EP1","C130J_US_EP1","CH_47F_EP1","MH6J_EP1","MQ9PredatorB_US_EP1","UH60M_EP1","BAF_Apache_AH1_D","CH_47F_BAF","BAF_Merlin_HC3_D","AW159_Lynx_BAF","An2_TK_EP1","L39_TK_EP1","Mi24_D_TK_EP1","Mi17_TK_EP1","Su25_TK_EP1","UH1H_TK_EP1","Ka137_PMC","Ka137_MG_PMC","Ka60_PMC","Ka60_GL_PMC"];
RHQ_NCAir = ["AH6X_EP1","MH6J_EP1","Ka137_PMC"];
RHQ_RAir = ["AH6J_EP1","AH6X_EP1","MQ9PredatorB_US_EP1","Ka137_PMC","Ka137_MG_PMC"];
RHQ_Static = ["M252_US_EP1","M119_US_EP1","M2StaticMG_US_EP1","M2HD_mini_TriPod_US_EP1","MK19_TriPod_US_EP1","TOW_TriPod_US_EP1","BAF_GMG_Tripod_D","BAF_GPMG_Minitripod_D","BAF_L2A1_Minitripod_D","BAF_L2A1_Tripod_D","BAF_GMG_Tripod_W","BAF_GPMG_Minitripod_W","BAF_L2A1_Minitripod_W","BAF_L2A1_Tripod_W","Igla_AA_pod_TK_EP1","AGS_TK_EP1","D30_TK_EP1","KORD_high_TK_EP1","KORD_TK_EP1","Metis_TK_EP1","2b14_82mm_TK_EP1","ZU23_TK_EP1","AGS_TK_INS_EP1","D30_TK_INS_EP1","DSHKM_TK_INS_EP1","DSHkM_Mini_TriPod_TK_INS_EP1","2b14_82mm_TK_INS_EP1","SPG9_TK_INS_EP1","ZU23_TK_INS_EP1"];
RHQ_StaticAA = ["Stinger_Pod_US_EP1","Igla_AA_pod_TK_EP1","ZU23_TK_EP1","ZU23_TK_INS_EP1"];
RHQ_StaticAT = ["TOW_TriPod_US_EP1","Metis_TK_EP1","SPG9_TK_INS_EP1"];
RHQ_Support = ["HMMWV_Ambulance_DES_EP1","MtvrReammo_DES_EP1","MtvrRefuel_DES_EP1","MtvrRepair_DES_EP1","MtvrSupply_DES_EP1","M1133_MEV_EP1","MtvrSalvage_DES_EP1","UH60M_MEV_EP1","M113Ambul_TK_EP1","UralSupply_TK_EP1","UralSalvage_TK_EP1","UralReammo_TK_EP1","UralRefuel_TK_EP1","UralRepair_TK_EP1"];
RHQ_Med = ["HMMWV_Ambulance_DES_EP1","M1133_MEV_EP1","UH60M_MEV_EP1","M113Ambul_TK_EP1"];
RHQ_Ammo = ["MtvrReammo_DES_EP1","UralReammo_TK_EP1"];
RHQ_Fuel = ["MtvrRefuel_DES_EP1","UralRefuel_TK_EP1"];
RHQ_Rep = ["MtvrRepair_DES_EP1","UralRepair_TK_EP1"];
RHQ_Cargo = ["M1126_ICV_M2_EP1","M1126_ICV_mk19_EP1","M6_EP1","M2A2_EP1","M2A3_EP1","BAF_Offroad_D","BAF_Offroad_W","BAF_FV510_D","BAF_FV510_W","BTR60_TK_EP1","M113_TK_EP1","BMP2_TK_EP1","V3S_TK_EP1","V3S_Open_TK_EP1","SUV_TK_EP1","UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1","BTR40_TK_INS_EP1","CH_47F_EP1","UH60M_EP1","CH_47F_BAF","BAF_Merlin_HC3_D","ArmoredSUV_PMC","Ka60_PMC","Ka60_GL_PMC"];
RHQ_NCCargo = ["MH6J_EP1","HMMWV_DES_EP1","MTVR_DES_EP1","SUV_TK_EP1","UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1","V3S_TK_EP1","V3S_Open_TK_EP1","SUV_PMC"];
RHQ_Crew = ["US_Soldier_Crew_EP1","US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1","US_Pilot_Light_EP1","BAF_crewman_MTP","BAF_Pilot_MTP","BAF_crewman_DDPM","BAF_Pilot_DDPM","BAF_crewman_W","BAF_Pilot_W","TK_Soldier_Crew_EP1","TK_Soldier_Pilot_EP1","Soldier_Crew_PMC","Soldier_Pilot_PMC"];

RydHQ_Debug = true;

RydHQ_CargoFind = 100;

//below use only for HAC script version

nul = [] execVM "RydHQInit.sqf";

This is simply config with debug and cargo turned on plus RHQ for OA, BAF and PMC units (thanks to kelzekyr) for one Leader.

I guess, that lack of RHQ was a cause of your problem with ignored enemy. Try with above config or with vanilla A2 units only.

Sorry for the idle. I've been on vacation.

@InstaGoat, you have to define every unit in your mission that is not from the ArmA base-game. Check the custom configs thread for convenient arrays other people have put together.

Do not know nothing about that, so is not, I suppose. :) Even don't know exactly, what and how this Six Updater thing is doing, never found time or need to learn that. Though can guess by name, I think. BTW lately nothing new here - I'm very occupied with my so called "real life"...

Ryd, how do I make the Complex Demo run good. Its sooo choppy that it takes forever for the ai commanders to make orders. I am running probably one of the best computers around atm, but its still no where even possible to play this lol

Edited by DeclaredEvol

Frankly do not know, what to tell. I'm using for sure not one of the best computers available, and this demo, used normal way, is running quite fine for me. Are you using also another addons/mods/scripts together? Can you be more specific about "choppy" term? How long is "forever"? :)

Frankly do not know, what to tell. I'm using for sure not one of the best computers available, and this demo, used normal way, is running quite fine for me. Are you using also another addons/mods/scripts together? Can you be more specific about "choppy" term? How long is "forever"? :)

I'm using too many mods, pretty much anything you could think of. Do mods slow the game down? I tried playing the mission without mods and it still only gets 15 fps...

Edited by DeclaredEvol

Some mods can have impact on FPS, but most of used code rather not, because there is only limited part of CPU cycles available for scripts. So when you are running even 100 usual sqf scripts with heavy loops, I think, that FPS be mostly intact, but executing of these scripts will suffer big delays. Hetman is one of such scripts, so by itself hasn't, if I'm not mistaken, any noticeable impact on FPS above mentioned hardcoded in Arma engine cycle limit for scripts. Still, if you are running very numerous mods and addons, even not linked anyhow with HAC's job, then because of described "execution delay effect" you may have answer, why takes so long for HAC to issue orders - not enough CPU power given by Arma engine for so many scripts. You can easily test this by comparison. In complex demo folder open init.sqf file, go at the end, then this line:

nul = [] execVM "RydHQInit.sqf";

replace with:

//nul = [] execVM "RydHQInit.sqf";

or, if you do not want to mess with scripts, just remove init.sqf from mission folder. Effect - mission will start as usual, but without HAC. Then you can compare FPS with and without HAC. (if you do, give me a word, maybe even with yours computer specifications - it will be valuable info, what is the impact of HAC here).

In my opinion low FPS may be caused by numerous units across whole map or someting like that (HAC can have not direct impact, because effect of its work is waypoints and group in the move or firefight, so where groups are many - it is possible, but this is not because of script work, but because of effects of its work). What FPS do you have usualy on Chernaruss map? 15 it is quite low, but I saw even lower values on this map without HAC or any other addon running.

Typically, as long as AI is doing something other than just standing in a Spot I begin to get choppy. Even with with just a single opfor and blufor group of AI. HAC Scripts don't affect the FPS but when the AI begins to move, the CPU Usage becomes extreme. My FPS is usually 45+ on Chernarus, and whenever at least two groups of AI begin to move... it drops down to 30 FPS and less. But the more and more the AI decides to do the more I get choppy, that is when I go down to 15 FPS. For instance, ASR AI... the AI does specific things while under combat. It seems that threading for all of these units is too difficult, but if they were all just sitting in a spot not doing anything the CPU doesn't have much to work with. In fact I've put 1000 Units on a Mission before, all scattered out and it runs fine. As long as they are not doing anything...

So this occurs in any case, when AI is moving or only with HAC running? This is crucial info for me to know, if this is HAC-related problem. Only in complex demo things are going that way, or always?

For each group moved by HAC there is: one waypoint at the time added, one short waituntil loop active with 5-6 second sleep at the time. That's all about movement in HAC. So if this is move-realted and occurs even for a single group, then I, with this info, can only suspect some other addon or addon conflict. You can also try to track down troublemaker via elimination method. Test same mission everytime with one of used addons turned off until you will find this addon, without which problem not occurs... List of used by you addons, especially AI enchancements may be useful too.

So this occurs in any case, when AI is moving or only with HAC running? This is crucial info for me to know, if this is HAC-related problem. Only in complex demo things are going that way, or always?

For each group moved by HAC there is: one waypoint at the time added, one short waituntil loop active with 5-6 second sleep at the time. That's all about movement in HAC. So if this is move-realted and occurs even for a single group, then I, with this info, can only suspect some other addon or addon conflict. You can also try to track down troublemaker via elimination method. Test same mission everytime with one of used addons turned off until you will find this addon, without which problem not occurs... List of used by you addons, especially AI enchancements may be useful too.

Hmm, well I am curious now... what is your FPS on the Complex Demo? And if you're running any mods, what would they be?

My CPU: Intel Core2 Duo 2.8 GHz

My Video Settings: 1920x1080, visibility: 2km, antialiasing: low, terrain: VLow, HDR: normal, PostProcessEffects: VLow. Rest - VHigh.

I. FPS when standing on Green Mountain without any addons:

1. Empty map: 30;

2. Complex demo without HAC: 14;

3. Same, with HAC running (many movements): 12-13.

II. As above, but with most my usual addons: JSRS, ASR AI and and customized CO SLX (only chosen features, mostly for AI combat behavior) + CBA

1. 30;

2. 13;

3. 11.

My CPU: Intel Core2 Duo 2.8 GHz

My Video Settings: 1920x1080, visibility: 2km, antialiasing: low, terrain: VLow, HDR: normal, PostProcessEffects: VLow. Rest - VHigh.

I. FPS when standing on Green Mountain without any addons:

1. Empty map: 30;

2. Complex demo without HAC: 14;

3. Same, with HAC running (many movements): 12-13.

II. As above, but with most my usual addons: JSRS, ASR AI and and customized CO SLX (only chosen features, mostly for AI combat behavior) + CBA

1. 30;

2. 13;

3. 11.

Im have notice that on my lowend computer arma2 CO have almost the same fps as my highend 8 cores 24Gb ram with os ssd and a game ssd. much of the problem as I understand is that BIS have hard coded alot of memory allocation and even if they tried to solve some problem with 1.60 where you can choose settings for malloc it can´t manage the need for fast allocation of memory and the builtin faulty of cpu time for script´s therefor just hope they will ake wonders with arma 3.