Rydygier

HETMAN - Artificial Commander

For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?

• Only one
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four of them
    • Five
    • Six
    • Seven
    • All eight!

Is there a version of this which does not require an extra addon (apart from CBA), i. e. put a folder with your scripts into a custom mission and call it from init.sqf or something like that?

Yes. In folder "Source". Place contents of this folder in mission folder. To init:

nul = [] execVM "RydHQInit.sqf";

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

CBA may be required only for auto INIT.

It is true. CBA is used only for addon init. Script version not require CBA.

I tried searching the post for this and didn't really find anything with the keywords I used, but if I were to go into the source file that comes with the download and copied either A or B and renamed it C, would I be able to add in a third commander for independent forces?

It will be a good move to add third commander, but it is not enough. You still need to rename all global variables by pattern: RydHQB_Something -> RydHQC_Something, leaderHQB -> leaderHQC etc. and make appropriate changes in the lines with command execVM. Should also be completed RydHQInit and Surr.sqf files, and yet make a small changes in SitRep file. Well. At the beginning of next week I plan to get to work on a new version, and on the list "to do" have among other things, adding more commanders.

But now you can allocate to independent forces as well leaderHQ or leaderHQB. They are not assigned to a particular faction or side.

I don't know if this has been noted yet, but the script doesn't seem to kick in for the OPFOR side unless there are BLUFOR guys using it too. I've sat for ten minutes waiting for the Russians to move on the demo mission with the Marines removed, and they never seem to. Once I load it back up with the Marines, though, they move normally.

Also, where do I put the configs for custom units? I tried putting them in a init.sqf file, but that just gives me errors. It's completely possible that I've done it wrong though, since it's 5 AM at the time I'm writing this. If not, though, should I put the array in the init of a unit or trigger?

Edited by Hobbesy

@Hobbesy

In current version there must be unit named leaderHQ on the map. Without it HAC will exit. LeaderHQ unit may be also OPFOR side, but in this mission it was US commander. So when you remove this unit from mission, HAC will not work. But you may give this name eg to russian commander or any other OPFOR unit, and then HAC will work without marines.

About config - can you quote here used init.sqf and mentioned errors? Generally RHQ arrays, as other config variables, can be initialized with any effective method. Eg see US commander's init field in Fallujah mission. This is one way. Same code you may init by separate sqf, or in triggers/waypoints act field (eg to set HAC "on" with certain radio channel)

Ah, thanks for the response. I misread how you should have had the commanders set up then, as that makes sense.

As for my init.sqf, here it is.

RHQ_Inf = ["Winter_SOF_DA1c", "Winter_SOF_DA1", "Winter_SOF_AT", "Winter_SOF_Medic", "Winter_SOF_AC", "Winter_SOF_GL", "Winter_SOF_MG", "Winter_SOF_Marksman", "Winter_SOF_Sabot", "Winter_SOF_DA1b", "Winter_SOF_TL", "RW_USMC_Soldier", "RW_USMC_Soldier_Crew"]; 
RHQ_Snipers = ["Winter_SOF_Marksman"]; 
RHQ_ATInf = ["Winter_SOF_AT"]; 
RHQ_Recon = ["RW_HMMWV_Armored", "RW_HMMWV_M2"]; 
RHQ_LArmor = ["RW_LAV25_HQ", "RW_AAV"]; 
RHQ_Cars = ["RW_MTVR", "RW_HMMWV_Armored", "RW_HMMWV_M2"]; 
RHQ_Cargo = ["RW_AAV", "RW_HMMWV_Armored", "RW_HMMWV_M2"]; 
RHQ_Crew = ["RW_USMC_Soldier", "RW_USMC_Soldier_Crew"]; 

This script is pretty amazing when combined with one of the undead/zombie scripts floating around! It's nice to have something that gives fluid responses.

For first look this config looks fine. And what errors was occured? Can you quote them too?

Meanwhile try to compare with this mission set up:

FallujahB

All configs are removed from init fields and put into init.sqf:

RydHQ_Debug = true;
RydHQB_Debug = true;
RydHQ_Personality = "GENIUS";
RydHQB_Personality = "GENIUS";

This is only for script version (without HAC addon loaded).

With yours RHQs init.sqf should look like this:

RydHQ_Debug = true;
RydHQB_Debug = true;

RHQ_Inf = ["Winter_SOF_DA1c", "Winter_SOF_DA1", "Winter_SOF_AT", "Winter_SOF_Medic", "Winter_SOF_AC", "Winter_SOF_GL", "Winter_SOF_MG", "Winter_SOF_Marksman", "Winter_SOF_Sabot", "Winter_SOF_DA1b", "Winter_SOF_TL", "RW_USMC_Soldier", "RW_USMC_Soldier_Crew"]; 

and for B side too:

RydHQ_Debug = true;
RydHQB_Debug = true;

RHQB_Inf = ["Winter_SOF_DA1c", "Winter_SOF_DA1", "Winter_SOF_AT", "Winter_SOF_Medic", "Winter_SOF_AC", "Winter_SOF_GL", "Winter_SOF_MG", "Winter_SOF_Marksman", "Winter_SOF_Sabot", "Winter_SOF_DA1b", "Winter_SOF_TL", "RW_USMC_Soldier", "RW_USMC_Soldier_Crew"]; 
RHQB_Snipers = ["Winter_SOF_Marksman"]; 
RHQB_ATInf = ["Winter_SOF_AT"]; 
RHQB_Recon = ["RW_HMMWV_Armored", "RW_HMMWV_M2"]; 
RHQB_LArmor = ["RW_LAV25_HQ", "RW_AAV"]; 
RHQB_Cars = ["RW_MTVR", "RW_HMMWV_Armored", "RW_HMMWV_M2"]; 
RHQB_Cargo = ["RW_AAV", "RW_HMMWV_Armored", "RW_HMMWV_M2"]; 
RHQB_Crew = ["RW_USMC_Soldier", "RW_USMC_Soldier_Crew"];

Just tested this mission with yours config and there is no errors. Works fine.

The errors said that there was a missing ; on a few lines. Either way though, your version works fine, and I can always add them via trigger if need be since that works well too.

Thanks for your help, it's not usual that someone is as dedicated to helping users as you are. :)

Maybe have a way to have a chain of officers, so if the lead one dies, the script doesnt just stop, but its overall skill goes down, maybe the comm delay goes up.

Maybe have a way to have a chain of officers, so if the lead one dies, the script doesnt just stop, but its overall skill goes down, maybe the comm delay goes up.

Interesting idea.

Oh, I saw that in your to-do list there's a mark for letting the player see where known enemy positions are. An easy way to go about this may be to have the Military Symbols module initialize with settings you've tailored.

Interesting indeed. I suppose, you can simulate this chain by some script (maybe by "Killed" event handler, cause there must be "leaderHQ" unit on map nearly all the time to script work proper - its orders often refer to this unit or its position) giving "leaderHQ" name to another unit... or rather maybe "RydHQ" name for other group and redefining attributes variables.

Crucial code:

executed once, on first cycle:

RydHQ = group leaderHQ;//for this purpose there must be defined leaderHQ/leaderHQB for B side unit on start

waituntil {not (isNull RydHQ)};

and then executed every cycle:

leaderHQ = leader RydHQ;

BTW:

As you see, in fact script in every cycle on its own set leaderHQ as actual leader of this "RydHQ" group... which is the group to which belonged leaderHQ unit defined in the beginning. Thus, if this, initialy defined as "leaderHQ", unit dies or is not actual group leader, the new "leaderHQ" unit will become actual leader of "RydHQ" group (but if actual leaderHQ will die before all orders of given cycle is issued, there may occurs some errors, beacuse of temporary lack of "leaderHQ"... Hmm). So in manual is inaccurately expressed, because scripts work is completely over only when whole commanders group is destroyed.

Probably this idea can be implemented using this mechanism...

Well. I will not bore you. Better will think about optimal solution. :) Also will look at those markers.

Edited by Rydygier

While killing leader and keeping script running is impossible, the ability to "dumb down" enemy by targeting his chain of command would be very nice option. Gives spec ops guys something to do.

First of all, great job. HETMAN really has a lot of potential. It reminds me a bit some other projects in Arma community like Urban patrol script (dynamic, but not of such a wide scope), or Planned Assault (not dynamic and constrained to a defined number of units/groups) or Rube's Fire mission Ants (semi-scripted, semi-dynamic, I encourage everyone to try it) or other (eg. granQ's Epic Battlefield System). One of the greatest features of your scripts, which makes them one of the most successful attempts, is that they work almost out of the box, they are very easy to implement, and we can quickly enjoy some epic battles. I think that among the listed above only Epic Battlefield System is more flexible, because it doesn't require configs for custom units, it acquires all the needed information automatically.

Of course, there is a room for improvements ;) . One of the things that instantly come to my mind after some tests is communication. When I play as a member of a squad that is commanded by the script I keep getting ordered to move somewhere, and that's all I know about the whole situation. I don't know where, why etc. I know that that's a life of a simple grunt - marching, marching and again marching, without knowing where, why and for how much longer but even grunt could have some more background (eg. move there to participate in a bigger, performed by some more units, flanking maneuver to conquer this particular objective) and also from the gaming-experience perspective this could be desired. So maybe it wouldn't be so hard for the script to convey such information to a player (by sidechat, by creating a task with a simple description or by markers) when giving his group an order to move somewhere. One other thing could be warnings given by the HQ (ideally by a radio protocol) about known near enemies that were spotted by other units etc. I'm not sure how hard would it be to implement, but it would surely be a nice addition.

Anyway, thanks for your great work.

BTW, I've prepared a config for I44 (may be incomplete because of the huge amount of I44 unit classes), if anyone wants to try or improve it here it is:

RHQ_LArmor = ["I44_HT_A_M3_Army","I44_HT_A_M3A1_Army","I44_ACar_A_M8_Greyhound_Army","I44_Tank_A_M3A3_Stuart_Army","I44_Tank_A_M5A1_Stuart_Army"]
RHQ_LarmorAT = ["I44_ACar_A_M8_Greyhound_Army","I44_Tank_A_M3A3_Stuart_Army","I44_Tank_A_M5A1_Stuart_Army"]
RHQ_Cars = ["I44_Car_B_WillysAB_Army","I44_Car_B_WillysAB_VGO_Army","I44_Car_A_WillysMB_Army","I44_Car_A_WillysMB_M1919_Army","I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Army","I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Ammo_Army","I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Fuel_Army","I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Open2_Army","I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Open_Army","I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Repair_Army"]
RHQ_Air = ["I44_Plane_B_HHmkIIa_RAF","I44_Plane_B_HHmkIIa_M57_RAF","I44_Plane_B_HHmkIIa_HVAR_RAF","I44_Plane_B_SpitfireMk1a_RAF","I44_Plane_B_SpitfireMk1a_M64_RAF","I44_Plane_B_SpitfireMk1a_M57_RAF","I44_Plane_A_B17_AAF","I44_Plane_A_C47A_AAF","I44_Plane_A_P38_AAF","I44_Plane_A_P38_M64_AAF","I44_Plane_A_P38_HVAR_AAF","I44_Plane_A_P51D_AAF","I44_Plane_A_P51D_250lb_AAF","I44_Plane_A_P51D_HVAR_AAF"]
RHQ_Naval = ["I44_Boat_A_LCM3_Navy","I44_Boat_A_LCVP_Navy","I44_Boat_A_M1_AssaultBoat_Navy","I44_Boat_A_M1_AssaultBoat_Army","I44_Boat_A_InflatableBoat_Army"]
RHQ_Static = ["I44_GunAT_B_QF6pdrMk4_Army","I44_GunMG_B_Vickers_Army","I44_GunAT_A_M1_Army","I44_GunAT_A_M3_Army","I44_GunMortar_A_M1_Army","I44_GunMortar_A_M2_Army","I44_GunMG_A_M2HB_TripodAA_Army","I44_GunMG_A_M2HB_TripodM3_Army","I44_GunMG_A_M1919A4_TripodM2_Army"]
RHQ_StaticAA = ["I44_GunMG_B_Vickers_Army"]
RHQ_StaticAT = ["I44_GunAT_B_QF6pdrMk4_Army","I44_GunAT_A_M1_Army","I44_GunAT_A_M3_Army"]
RHQ_Support = ["I44_Man_B_Army_AB_Medic","I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Ammo_Army","I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Fuel_Army","I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Repair_Army","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_Medic","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_Medic","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_Medic","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_Medic","I44_Man_A_Army_Medic"]
RHQ_Cargo = ["I44_Car_B_WillysAB_Army","I44_Car_B_WillysAB_VGO_Army","I44_Car_A_WillysMB_Army","I44_Car_A_WillysMB_M1919_Army","I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Army","I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Open2_Army","I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Open_Army","I44_HT_A_M3_Army","I44_HT_A_M3A1_Army"]
RHQ_NCCargo = ["I44_Car_B_WillysAB_Army",,"I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Open2_Army","I44_Truck_A_GMC_CCKW_Open_Army","I44_Car_A_WillysMB_Army","I44_HT_A_M3_Army"]
RHQ_Recon = ["I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_PIAT","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_Engr_GrenadeNo75","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_BrenMk1","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_NCO_StenMk2S","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_CO_StenMk2S","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_RTO","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_Sapper_M2","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_Sapper_M37","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_Sniper_SMLENo4Mk1T","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_DeLisle","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_M1A1Thompson","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_SMLENo4Mk1","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_StenMk2S","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_StenMk2","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_StenMk5","I44_Car_B_WillysAB_Army","I44_Car_B_WillysAB_VGO_Army","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_Sniper_SMLENo4Mk1T","I44_Car_A_WillysMB_Army","I44_Car_A_WillysMB_M1919_Army"]
RHQ_Snipers = ["I44_Man_B_Army_AB_Sniper_SMLENo4Mk1T","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_Sniper_M1903A4","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_Sniper_M1903A4","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_Sniper_M1903A4","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_Sniper_M1903A4","I44_Man_A_Army_Sniper_M1903A4"]
RHQ_ATInf = ["I44_Man_B_Army_AB_PIAT","I44_Man_A_Army_M1A1Bazooka","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_M1A1Bazooka","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_M1A1Bazooka","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_M1A1Bazooka","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_M1A1Bazooka"]
RHQ_AAInf = []
RHQ_Inf = ["I44_Man_B_Army_AB_PIAT","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_ATCrew_SMLEdNo4Mk1","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_Engr_GrenadeNo75","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_GunCrew_SMLEdNo4Mk1","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_BrenMk1","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_NCO_SMLENo4Mk1","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_NCO_StenMk5","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_CO_StenMk5","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_CO_WebleyMk6","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_RTO","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_Sapper_M1A1","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_Sapper_M2","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_Sapper_M37","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_Sniper_SMLENo4Mk1T","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_SMLENo4Mk1","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_SMLENo4Mk1_No82","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_StenMk2","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_StenMk5","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_Crew_StenMk2","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_Crew_WebleyMk6","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_PIAT","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_Engr_GrenadeNo75","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_BrenMk1","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_NCO_StenMk2S","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_CO_StenMk2S","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_RTO","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_Sapper_M2","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_Sapper_M37","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_Sniper_SMLENo4Mk1T","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_DeLisle","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_M1A1Thompson","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_SMLENo4Mk1","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_StenMk2S","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_StenMk2","I44_Man_B_Army_Commando_StenMk5","I44_Man_A_Army_M1A1Bazooka","I44_Man_A_Army_ATCrew_M3","I44_Man_A_Army_Engr_M1Mine","I44_Man_A_Army_Engr_M1A1Bangalore","I44_Man_A_Army_Engr_M2DemoCharges","I44_Man_A_Army_Engr_M37DemoKit","I44_Man_A_Army_M1Garand_M7","I44_Man_A_Army_M1903A3_M1","I44_Man_A_Army_GunCrew_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_GunCrew_NCO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_M1919A4","I44_Man_A_Army_Medic","I44_Man_A_Army_MCrew_C","I44_Man_A_Army_MCrew_G","I44_Man_A_Army_NCO_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_NCO_M1Garand","I44_Man_A_Army_NCO_M1A1Thompson","I44_Man_A_Army_CO_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_CO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_RTO_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_Sniper_M1903A4","I44_Man_A_Army_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_M1Garand","I44_Man_A_Army_M1903A3","I44_Man_A_Army_M1918A2","I44_Man_A_Army_M1A1Thompson","I44_Man_A_Army_M3Greasegun","I44_Man_A_Army_Crew_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_Crew_M3Greasegun","I44_Man_A_Army_Crew_NCO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_M1A1Bazooka","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_ATCrew_M3","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_Engr_M1Mine","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_Engr_M1A1Bangalore","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_Engr_M2DemoCharges","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_Engr_M37DemoKit","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_M1Garand_M7","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_M1903A3_M1","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_GunCrew_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_GunCrew_NCO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_M1919A4","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_Medic","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_MCrew_C","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_MCrew_G","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_NCO_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_NCO_M1Garand","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_NCO_M1A1Thompson","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_CO_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_CO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_RTO_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_Sniper_M1903A4","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_M1Garand","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_M1903A3","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_M1918A2","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_M1A1Thompson","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_M3Greasegun","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_Crew_M1911A1",,"I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_Crew_M3Greasegun","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_Crew_NCO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_M1A1Bazooka","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_ATCrew_M3","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_Engr_M1Mine","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_Engr_M1A1Bangalore","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_Engr_M2DemoCharges","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_Engr_M37DemoKit","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_M1Garand_M7","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_M1903A3_M1","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_GunCrew_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_GunCrew_NCO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_M1919A4","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_Medic","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_MCrew_C","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_MCrew_G","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_NCO_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_NCO_M1Garand","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_NCO_M1A1Thompson","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_CO_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_CO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_RTO_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_Sniper_M1903A4","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_M1Garand","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_M1903A3","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_M1918A2","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_M1A1Thompson","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_M3Greasegun","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_M1A1Bazooka","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_ATCrew_M3","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_M1Garand_M7","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_M1903A3_M1","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_GunCrew_M1A1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_GunCrew_NCO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_M1919A4","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_Medic","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_MCrew_C","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_MCrew_G","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_NCO_M1Garand","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_NCO_M1A1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_NCO_M1A1Thompson","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_CO_M1A1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_CO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_RTO_M1A1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_Sniper_M1903A4","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_M1A1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_M1Garand","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_M1903A3","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_M1918A2","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_M1A1Thompson","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_M3Greasegun","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_M1A1Bazooka","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_ATCrew_M3","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_M1Garand_M7","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_M1903A3_M1","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_GunCrew_M1A1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_GunCrew_NCO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_M1919A4","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_Medic","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_MCrew_C","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_MCrew_G","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_NCO_M1Garand","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_NCO_M1A1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_NCO_M1A1Thompson","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_CO_M1A1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_CO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_RTO_M1A1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_Sniper_M1903A4","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_M1A1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_M1Garand","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_M1903A3","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_M1918A2","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_M1A1Thompson","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_M3Greasegun"]
RHQ_Art = ["I44_GunMortar_A_M1_Army","I44_GunMortar_A_M2_Army"]
RHQ_HArmor= ["I44_Tank_B_ShermanIV_Army","I44_Tank_B_ShermanVC_Army","I44_Veh_A_Army_M4A3_Sherman_Army","I44_Veh_A_Army_M4A3_76_Sherman_Army","I44_Veh_A_Army_M4A3_DD_Sherman_Army","I44_Tank_A_M4A3E8_76_HVSS_Sherman_Army"]
RHQ_Crew = ["I44_Man_A_AAF_Pilot_M1911A1","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_GunCrew_SMLEdNo4Mk1","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_Crew_StenMk2","I44_Man_B_Army_AB_Crew_WebleyMk6","I44_Man_A_Army_GunCrew_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_GunCrew_NCO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_MCrew_C","I44_Man_A_Army_MCrew_G","I44_Man_A_Army_Crew_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_Crew_M3Greasegun","I44_Man_A_Army_Crew_NCO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_GunCrew_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_GunCrew_NCO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_MCrew_C","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_MCrew_G","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_Crew_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_Crew_M3Greasegun","I44_Man_A_Army_DDay_Crew_NCO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_GunCrew_M1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_GunCrew_NCO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_MCrew_C","I44_Man_A_Army_Ranger_MCrew_G","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_GunCrew_M1A1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_GunCrew_NCO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_MCrew_C","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_MCrew_G","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_GunCrew_M1A1Carbine","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_GunCrew_NCO_M1911A1","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_MCrew_C","I44_Man_A_Army_AB_82_MCrew_G"]

RHQB_LArmor = ["I44_HT_G_SdKfz2_Camo_WH","I44_HT_G_SdKfz2_Gray_WH","I44_ACar_G_SdKfz222_WH","I44_ACar_G_SdKfz234_1_WH","I44_ACar_G_SdKfz234_2_WH","I44_ACar_G_SdKfz234_3_WH","I44_ACar_G_SdKfz234_4_WH","I44_HT_G_SdKfz251_1D_WH","I44_HT_G_SdKfz251_1_IID_WH","I44_HT_G_SdKfz251_2D_WH"]
RHQB_LarmorAT = ["I44_ACar_G_SdKfz222_WH","I44_ACar_G_SdKfz234_1_WH","I44_ACar_G_SdKfz234_2_WH","I44_ACar_G_SdKfz234_3_WH","I44_ACar_G_SdKfz234_4_WH"]
RHQB_Cars = ["I44_Car_G_Kfz1_Camo_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_CamoOpen_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_Gray_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_GrayOpen_WH","I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Ammo_WH","I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Camo_WH","I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Fuel_WH","I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Gray_WH","I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Open_WH","I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Repair_WH"]
RHQB_Air = ["I44_Plane_G_Bf109E4_WL","I44_Plane_G_Bf109F2_WL","I44_Plane_G_Bf109F2_SC250_WL","I44_Plane_G_Bf109F2_SC50_WL","I44_Plane_G_Bf109G6_WL","I44_Plane_G_Bf109G6_SC250_WL","I44_Plane_G_Ju52_3mg5e_WL","I44_Plane_G_Ju87_WL","I44_Plane_G_Ju87_B_WL","I44_Plane_G_Ju87_SC50_WL","I44_Plane_G_Ju87_SC250_WL"]
RHQB_Naval = []
RHQB_Static = ["I44_GunAA_G_FlaK36_Pintle_AT_WL","I44_GunAA_G_FlaK36_Pintle_WL","I44_GunAA_G_FlaK38_WL","I44_GunBunker_G_FlaK36_R272_WH","I44_GunBunker_G_PaK40_R67L_WH","I44_GunBunker_G_PaK40_R67R_WH","I44_GunMortar_G_GrW34_WH","I44_GunMG_G_MG42_Bipod_WH","I44_GunMG_G_MG42_Tripod_WH","I44_GunMG_G_MG42_Tripod_Zf40_WH","I44_GunMG_G_MG42_Nest_WH","I44_GunAT_G_PaK40_WH","I44_GunAT_G_PaK40_Pintle_WH"]
RHQB_StaticAA = ["I44_GunAA_G_FlaK36_Pintle_WL","I44_GunAA_G_FlaK38_WL","I44_GunBunker_G_FlaK36_R272_WH","I44_GunMG_G_MG42_Tripod_WH","I44_GunMG_G_MG42_Tripod_Zf40_WH","I44_GunMG_G_MG42_Nest_WH"]
RHQB_StaticAT = ["I44_GunAA_G_FlaK36_Pintle_AT_WL","I44_GunBunker_G_PaK40_R67L_WH","I44_GunBunker_G_PaK40_R67R_WH","I44_GunAT_G_PaK40_WH","I44_GunAT_G_PaK40_Pintle_WH"]
RHQB_Support = ["I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_Medic","I44_Man_G_WH_Medic","I44_Man_G_SS_Medic","I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Ammo_WH","I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Fuel_WH","I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Repair_WH"]
RHQB_Cargo = ["I44_HT_G_SdKfz2_Camo_WH","I44_HT_G_SdKfz2_Gray_WH","I44_HT_G_SdKfz251_1D_WH","I44_HT_G_SdKfz251_1_IID_WH","I44_HT_G_SdKfz251_2D_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_Camo_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_CamoOpen_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_Gray_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_GrayOpen_WH","I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Gray_WH","I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Open_WH","I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Camo_WH"]
RHQB_NCCargo = ["I44_HT_G_SdKfz2_Camo_WH","I44_HT_G_SdKfz2_Gray_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_Camo_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_CamoOpen_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_Gray_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_GrayOpen_WH","I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Gray_WH","I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Open_WH","I44_Truck_G_Kfz305_Camo_WH"]
RHQB_Recon = ["I44_HT_G_SdKfz2_Camo_WH","I44_HT_G_SdKfz2_Gray_WH","I44_ACar_G_SdKfz222_WH","I44_ACar_G_SdKfz234_1_WH","I44_ACar_G_SdKfz234_2_WH","I44_ACar_G_SdKfz234_3_WH","I44_ACar_G_SdKfz234_4_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_Camo_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_CamoOpen_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_Gray_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_GrayOpen_WH","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_Sniper_G43Zf4","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_Sniper_K98kZf42","I44_Man_G_WH_Sniper_G43Zf4","I44_Man_G_WH_Sniper_K98kZf42","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_Sniper_G43Zf4","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_Sniper_K98kZf42","I44_Man_G_SS_Sniper_G43Zf4","I44_Man_G_SS_Sniper_K98kZf42"]
RHQB_Snipers = ["I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_Sniper_G43Zf4","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_Sniper_K98kZf42","I44_Man_G_WH_Sniper_G43Zf4","I44_Man_G_WH_Sniper_K98kZf42","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_Sniper_G43Zf4","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_Sniper_K98kZf42","I44_Man_G_SS_Sniper_G43Zf4","I44_Man_G_SS_Sniper_K98kZf42"]
RHQB_ATInf = ["I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_RPzB54","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_K98k_PzF30","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_K98k_PzF60","I44_Man_G_SS_RPzB54","I44_Man_G_SS_K98k_PzF30","I44_Man_G_SS_K98k_PzF60","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_RPzB54","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_K98k_PzF30","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_K98k_PzF60","I44_Man_G_WH_RPzB54","I44_Man_G_WH_K98k_PzF30","I44_Man_G_WH_K98k_PzF60"]
RHQB_AAInf = []
RHQB_Inf = ["I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_RTO","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_K98k_GGrGer","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_MG34","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_MG42","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_MCrew_G","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_MCrew_C","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_CO_MP40","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_CO_P08","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_ATCrew_G43","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_RPzB54","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_FG42_Zf4","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_FG42","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_G43","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_K98kZf41","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_K98k","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_K98k_PzF30","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_K98k_PzF60","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_MP40","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_MP43","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_Sniper_G43Zf4","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_Sniper_K98kZf42","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_NCO_K98k","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_NCO_MP40","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_NCO_MP43","I44_Man_G_SS_Medic","I44_Man_G_SS_RTO","I44_Man_G_SS_GunCrew_K98k","I44_Man_G_SS_GunCrew_NCO_P38","I44_Man_G_SS_K98k_GGrGer","I44_Man_G_SS_MG34","I44_Man_G_SS_MG42","I44_Man_G_SS_MCrew_G","I44_Man_G_SS_MCrew_C","I44_Man_G_SS_CO_MP40","I44_Man_G_SS_CO_P08","I44_Man_G_SS_ATCrew_G43","I44_Man_G_SS_RPzB54","I44_Man_G_SS_Engr_GbLadung10kg","I44_Man_G_SS_Engr_GbLadung3kg","I44_Man_G_SS_Engr_Rohrladung","I44_Man_G_SS_Engr_SprB24","I44_Man_G_SS_Engr_TMi42","I44_Man_G_SS_G43","I44_Man_G_SS_K98kZf41","I44_Man_G_SS_K98k","I44_Man_G_SS_K98k_PzF30","I44_Man_G_SS_K98k_PzF60","I44_Man_G_SS_MP40","I44_Man_G_SS_MP43","I44_Man_G_SS_Sniper_G43Zf4","I44_Man_G_SS_Sniper_K98kZf42","I44_Man_G_SS_NCO_K98k","I44_Man_G_SS_NCO_MP40","I44_Man_G_SS_NCO_MP43","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_RTO","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_K98k_GGrGer","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_MG34","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_MG42","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_MCrew_G","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_MCrew_C","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_CO_MP40","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_CO_P08","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_ATCrew_G43","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_RPzB54","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_Engr_GbLadung10kg","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_Engr_GbLadung3kg","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_Engr_Rohrladung","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_Engr_SprB24","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_Engr_TMi42","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_G43","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_K98kZf41","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_K98kZf41","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_K98k","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_K98k_PzF30","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_K98k_PzF60","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_MP40","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_MP43","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_Sniper_G43Zf4","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_Sniper_K98kZf42","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_NCO_K98k","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_NCO_MP40","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_NCO_MP43","I44_Man_G_WH_Medic","I44_Man_G_WH_RTO","I44_Man_G_WH_GunCrew_K98k","I44_Man_G_WH_GunCrew_NCO_P38","I44_Man_G_WH_K98k_GGrGer","I44_Man_G_WH_MG34-Maschinengewehr","I44_Man_G_WH_MG42-Maschinengewehr","I44_Man_G_WH_MCrew_G","I44_Man_G_WH_MCrew_C","I44_Man_G_WH_CO_MP40","I44_Man_G_WH_CO_P08","I44_Man_G_WH_ATCrew_G43","I44_Man_G_WH_Crew_MP40","I44_Man_G_WH_Crew_P38","I44_Man_G_WH_Crew_NCO_P38","I44_Man_G_WH_RPzB54","I44_Man_G_WH_Engr_GbLadung10kg","I44_Man_G_WH_Engr_GbLadung3kg","I44_Man_G_WH_Engr_Rohrladung","I44_Man_G_WH_Engr_SprB24","I44_Man_G_WH_Engr_TMi42","I44_Man_G_WH_G43","I44_Man_G_WH_K98kZf41","I44_Man_G_WH_K98k","I44_Man_G_WH_K98k_PzF30","I44_Man_G_WH_K98k_PzF60","I44_Man_G_WH_MP40","I44_Man_G_WH_MP43","I44_Man_G_WH_Sniper_G43Zf4","I44_Man_G_WH_Sniper_K98kZf42","I44_Man_G_WH_NCO_K98k","I44_Man_G_WH_NCO_MP40","I44_Man_G_WH_NCO_MP43"]
RHQB_Art = ["I44_GunMortar_G_GrW34_WH"]
RHQB_HArmor= ["I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwII_F_WH","I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwIV_D_WH","I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwIV_G_WH","I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwIV_G_Skirt_WH","I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwV_G_WH","I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwVI_B_WH","I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwVI_E_Late_WH","I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwVI_E_Late_AAMG_WH","I44_Tank_G_StuGIII_G_Late_WH","I44_Tank_G_StuGIII_G_Late_Skirt_WH","I44_Tank_G_StuH42_G_WH","I44_Tank_G_StuH42_G_Skirt_WH"]
RHQB_Crew = ["I44_Man_G_WL_Pilot_P38","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_MCrew_G","I44_Man_G_WL_FJ_MCrew_C","I44_Man_G_WH_MCrew_G","I44_Man_G_WH_MCrew_C","I44_Man_G_WH_Crew_MP40","I44_Man_G_WH_Crew_P38","I44_Man_G_WH_Crew_NCO_P38","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_MCrew_G","I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_MCrew_C","I44_Man_G_SS_MCrew_G","I44_Man_G_SS_MCrew_C","I44_Man_G_SS_GunCrew_K98k","I44_Man_G_SS_GunCrew_NCO_P38","I44_Man_G_WH_GunCrew_K98k","I44_Man_G_WH_GunCrew_NCO_P38"]

Edit: I use init.SQS so above commands lack ';' signs at the ends

Edited by lecholas

Thanks, some other folks also requested more info for player, though personally I like, just as you wrote, feel like insignificant private, which totally does not know, and does not need to know, what is the plan, he has only obey orders and know only, that some plan is... This approach, for me, enriches experience of being on a battlefield. So probably will prepare something and probably it will by optional. Optionality is nearly always a good option. :) As for the other mentioned addons - I admit that I never used most of them, and about this "Epic Battlefield System" heard just now. :) I hope that I doesn't duplicate here something, what someone has already once done, but reading description of the EBS come to the conclusion that, however, is used for slightly different purposes than HAC.

Edited by Rydygier

US army faction list

RHQ_Recon = ["US_Soldier_Spotter_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Air_Controller_EP1","US_Delta_Force_AR_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Assault_EP1","US_Delta_Force_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Marksman_EP1","US_Delta_Force_M14_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Medic_EP1","US_Delta_Force_MG_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Night_EP1","US_Delta_Force_SD_EP1","US_Delta_Force_TL_EP1"];
RHQ_Snipers = ["US_Soldier_Sniper_EP1","US_Soldier_Sniper_NV_EP1","US_Soldier_SniperH_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Marksman_EP1","US_Delta_Force_M14_EP1"];
RHQ_ATInf = ["US_Soldier_AT_EP1","US_Soldier_HAT_EP1","US_Soldier_LAT_EP1"];
RHQ_AAInf = ["US_Soldier_AA_EP1"];
RHQ_Inf = ["US_Soldier_EP1","US_Soldier_GL_EP1","US_Soldier_AAR_EP1","US_Soldier_AAT_EP1","US_Soldier_AHAT_EP1","US_Soldier_AMG_EP1","US_Soldier_AR_EP1","US_Soldier_B_EP1","US_Soldier_Engineer_EP1","US_Soldier_Light_EP1","US_Soldier_Medic_EP1","US_Soldier_MG_EP1","US_Soldier_Officer_EP1","US_Soldier_SL_EP1","US_Soldier_TL_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Air_Controller_EP1","US_Delta_Force_AR_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Assault_EP1","US_Delta_Force_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Marksman_EP1","US_Delta_Force_M14_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Medic_EP1","US_Delta_Force_MG_EP1","US_Delta_Force_Night_EP1","US_Delta_Force_SD_EP1","US_Delta_Force_TL_EP1","US_Soldier_AT_EP1","US_Soldier_HAT_EP1","US_Soldier_LAT_EP1","US_Soldier_AA_EP1"];
RHQ_Art = ["MLRS_DES_EP1"];
RHQ_HArmor = ["M1A1_US_DES_EP1","M1A2_US_TUSK_MG_EP1"];
RHQ_LArmor = ["M2A2_EP1","M2A3_EP1","M6_EP1","M1126_ICV_M2_EP1","M1126_ICV_Mk19_EP1","M1128_MGS_EP1","M1130_CV_EP1","M1135_ATGMV_EP1"];
RHQ_LarmorAT = ["M2A2_EP1","M2A3_EP1","M1128_MGS_EP1","M1135_ATGMV_EP1"];
RHQ_Cars = ["ATV_US_EP1","HMMWV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Terminal_EP1","M1030_US_DES_EP1","MTVR_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Avenger_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998_crows_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998_crows_MK19_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_MK19_DES_EP1","HMMWV_TOW_DES_EP1"];
RHQ_Air = ["A10_US_EP1","AH64D_EP1","AH6J_EP1","AH6X_EP1","C130J_US_EP1","CH_47F_EP1","MH6J_EP1","MQ9PredatorB_US_EP1","UH60M_EP1"];
RHQ_Cargo = ["ATV_US_EP1","HMMWV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Terminal_EP1","M1030_US_DES_EP1","MTVR_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Avenger_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998_crows_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998_crows_MK19_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_MK19_DES_EP1","HMMWV_TOW_DES_EP1"];
RHQ_NCCargo = ["ATV_US_EP1","HMMWV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Terminal_EP1","M1030_US_DES_EP1","MTVR_DES_EP1"];
RHQ_Crew = ["US_Pilot_Light_EP1","US_Soldier_Crew_EP1","US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1"];
RHQ_Support = ["US_Soldier_Medic_EP1","HMMWV_Ambulance_DES_EP1","M1133_MEV_EP1","MtvrReammo_DES_EP1","MtvrRefuel_DES_EP1","MtvrRepair_DES_EP1","MtvrSalvage_DES_EP1","MtvrSupply_DES_EP1","UH60M_MEV_EP1"];

Edited by DaveP

Maybe allow information available to Squad Leaders/Team Leaders only, or info is distributed by rank? Ex: if you have a Infantry Squad there usually is a Squad Leader with the highest rank, than one or two Team Leaders in charge of the rest of the men. Maybe the Squad Leader would receive the most amount of information, than the Team Leaders would receive the same info except it would be slightly less detailed. The rest of the infantry on the team would not get anything. That way it would be somewhat more realistic, and the player could choose what it was he wanted to do.

I love the idea of not knowing whats going on usually, sometimes though it is a little disheartening when you just led a squad half across the map only to get destroyed by a tank. At least with a SL or TL knowing kind of what they're going into they are able to prepare a little better...tank=get AT guns ready, etc

"Epic Battlefield System" heard just now. :) I hope that I doesn't duplicate here something...

Nah, EBS just sends units to random city centers... From memory it just places waypoint markers on city locations and units move to one and just sit there... maybe opposing units will meet along the way? Pure luck.

Your one is very unique in what it is doing.

Comms usually I play lone wolf (i still get wp orders) and tag along with any group, or recruit my own group, I always thought you might have Interesting missions when commanders make decisions on enemy prescence, I.e. Armour not moving into area due to AT prescensce, or infantry not moving due to IFV, the script recognizes these threats? Maybe they could be marked on map until eliminated, or given as normal game objective somehow?

Oh, I saw that in your to-do list there's a mark for letting the player see where known enemy positions are. An easy way to go about this may be to have the Military Symbols module initialize with settings you've tailored.

Yeah I use this from time to time, its important to note that it doesnt work unless you put some script in its init, anyone can find it on the wiki... the trouble (for me) is it keeps tracking the unit realtime, ie the markers move with the enemy, would be great if it didn't update realtime.

Useless info I found if I used a USMC commander and one USMC group, could be 2 man group like sniper team the commander will command other faction units I.e. US without needing to add any config... Same for east.

Edited by Katipo66

@stupidwhitekid75

Also thought about dosing information in dependence on unit rank / function. :)

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

I always thought you might have Interesting missions when commanders make decisions on enemy prescence, I.e. Armour not moving into area due to AT prescensce, or infantry not moving due to IFV, the script recognizes these threats?

Currently, if commander is aware of the presence of anti-tank weapons on the battlefield, rather will not send armored vehicles, in analogy with air units and AA weapons. Although there is some chance. Depends on the situation and RydHQ_Recklessness attribute. Formula of condition looks like this:

random 100 > (85/(0.5 + (2*RydHQ_Recklessness)))

Number (here 85) in the fractions numerator varies depending on the situation and ranges from 50 to 90. A smaller means a greater chance. For RydHQ_Recklessness = 0 chances should be 0 for numerator >= 50.

However this does not apply to units sent to take objective and those used for large-scale flanking maneuver.

Useless info I found if I used a USMC commander and one USMC group, could be 2 man group like sniper team the commander will command other faction units I.e. US without needing to add any config... Same for east.

Hmm. In principle should control units of all allied factions except civilians regardless of multiplicity their own troops... But not generic Arma 2 units without config too? Yes! Its possible. I had not foreseen this, but there are some special circumstances (recon, objective capturing and no special recon and own infantry units available... a small number of own groups increases the chances), when he can use almost any units as long, as they are friendly and non-civilian. My own script surprises me... :)

Edited by Rydygier

Have you considered adding a separate group for bomber aircraft? Currently it doesn't really make a difference if you use an AV8 or AV8/B in game, they both try to function as fighter aircraft even though their armament is outfitted differently.

A bomber group for instance would only go and attack designated targets, maybe you could make an additional group for the FAC operators. Commander would order FAC units out similar to the way he would with spotters, only FAC would search for specific targets like a tank as opposed to just enemy units in general, and laser designate the vehicle once located. As soon as the target was clearly identified and made known to the commander, he would create a "DESTROY" waypoint on the tank and the AV8/B would fly out and drop one of its bombs on it.

US army faction list

Thanks. It seems that soon it will be created a separate topic for RHQ configs.

@stupidwhitekid75

Missions for bombers added to "to do" list... Will see, what can be done.

I think that you should add "more speed and behavior changes". HAC should actively change units behavior (safe/aware/combat/stealth) and speed (slow march when just moving etc.). Also patrols for reserve units would be nice, gives them something to do.

Waypoints visible on map was a bug, I just reported it, its only "guard" order though.

I think that you should add "more speed and behavior changes". HAC should actively change units behavior (safe/aware/combat/stealth) and speed (slow march when just moving etc.). Also patrols for reserve units would be nice, gives them something to do.
Sounds good and doesn't seem to hard to implement, but in the mean time placing a waypoint or two for the units to go to before it all gets heated up in HAC works pretty good too, and you can also ad behaviour to those too. Hac seems to work fine when I do this. ;)

All right. Guests gone, house is quiet and calm - to work. I shall start from simplest matters.

I assume that this doesn't delete and user created waypoints until it decides to order a unit around itself, am I correct?