Rydygier

HETMAN - Artificial Commander

For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. For HAC users: What is the maximum number of simultaneously used by you Leaders?

• Only one
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four of them
    • Five
    • Six
    • Seven
    • All eight!

As far as supports go, the normal BIS waypoint does well enough, maybe with ASR AI for rearming infantry if you think you need it.

Also, would it be possible to get multiple objectives?

Multiple objecitves should be easy to implement, so - in next version perhaps, but need to consider how commander chooses the objective to deal with at the time. Well. I will think about this too. :) Thanks for idea.

OK. It should also be simple. In fact, even in this version personality is randomized, if not specified separately, but by randomize each attribute separately. Impatient could, moreover, to prepare a simple code that will do it and put it eg to init.sqf. Something like:

_rnd = random 100;

if (_rnd < 20) then {RydHQ_Personality = "GENIUS"};
if ((_rnd >= 20) and (_rnd < 40)) then {RydHQ_Personality = "IDIOT"};
if...

and so on.

Well, I just got my ass well and truly kicked. I was doing fine holding off his infantry, wondering where his tanks were. Its at that point 3 platoons of T90s hit me in the rear. Bad times.

Theres bucket loads of potential in this, esp if it works nicely on MP.

Is there any future possibility of adding subordinate Artificial Commanders?

So a primary who gives orders to a Plt Lead who then controls his own squads.

Perhaps also a system to tether squads in the same platoon(synced to a common commander?) together to ensure mutual support?

@Mjolnir66

:) yep. I decided to use a simple prescription for victory by Napoleon B. Bind the enemy from the front, then outflank and kill him, or something.

Theres bucket loads of potential in this, esp if it works nicely on MP.

Is there any future possibility of adding subordinate Artificial Commanders?

So a primary who gives orders to a Plt Lead who then controls his own squads.

Perhaps also a system to tether squads in the same platoon(synced to a common commander?) together to ensure mutual support?

You mean the normal chain of command? Theoretically, is probably possible, although this would require very fundamental changes in the code. Would have to write it in large parts from scratch. Technically, I have concerns that any system able to carry as many iterations for so many commanders. Will think, but, to be honest, small chances for that.

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

For now - very small update, to beta2. Fixed some stupid error with cars and demo mission added to a package.

Thank you to everyone on the forums for solving the problem! These forums are the best!

Thanks, Stubs.

Great Work Rydygier! Even if you´re no Mission Designer, you can create fantastic instant Battles with HAC. :)

I´m only missing one little thing : Troops don´t use Transport Vehicles until you have linked them with the Group.

Just use motorized or mechanized troops, customize the troops, also if you link troops to transport helos they will use them.

Currently if you place a jet down it will just automatically take off and circle the airport!!? That's a weird one, nothing to do with these scripts, jus an arma thing.

I´m only missing one little thing : Troops don´t use Transport Vehicles until you have linked them with the Group.

Added to my list "good ideas to think about". Thanks. Hmm. I will do this: to end of the year will wait for comments and ideas, and, let's say, in January I will gather all together and prepare a new version with those, that I deem good and that I manage to introduce. However, serious bugs, if any will be found, I will try to fix up as quick as possible. OK, folks? :)

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

Currently if you place a jet down it will just automatically take off and circle the airport!!? That's a weird one, nothing to do with these scripts, jus an arma thing.

All air units after its attack receive from HAC a command "to land" at the point, from which were started (command "land"), but, so far as I know, it works only with helicopters. Script can not bring a plane at landing site, because the appropriate command "landAT" requires a specific airport ID. So I think, that behaviour does not come from HAC.

Added to my list "good ideas to think about". Thanks. Hmm. I will do this: to end of the year will wait for comments and ideas, and, let's say, in January I will gather all together and prepare a new version with those, that I deem good and that I manage to introduce. However, serious bugs, if any will be found, I will try to fix up as quick as possible. OK, folks? :)

Take all the time you need Mate. Don´t harsh yourself. :)

To do: Make surrender the army actually ended the fight. Currently, infantry properly surrenders, but for example tanks continue to fight (probably other vehicles as well). Also victorious army continues shooting at captives (cruel bastards, interesting, why they do it, maybe setCaptive did not work well)...

setCaptive has always been broken, it's a pretty major issue with the command itself

Added to my list "good ideas to think about". Thanks. Hmm. I will do this: to end of the year will wait for comments and ideas, and, let's say, in January I will gather all together and prepare a new version with those, that I deem good and that I manage to introduce. However, serious bugs, if any will be found, I will try to fix up as quick as possible. OK, folks?

How long did it take to come up with this idea and implement it in a program? How much research did you have to do to get this where it is?

As for ideas with mech and transport. Have you looked at or maybe you can link it to Sirex1's Mechanized Infantry Tactics Addon? idk just a thought. :)

ONCE again :) This is really awesome... Thanks

How long did it take to come up with this idea and implement it in a program? How much research did you have to do to get this where it is?

Hetman was created about three weeks, on 6-10 hours a day. The longest lasted, it dealt with the trigonometric problems. School geometry lessons were forgotten years ago. :) Just how long does the implementation depends on many factors. What is concerns, how well hidden there are errors (almost always there are errors to hunt), how much have time for this ... This time, will delay me last issue. We know, Christmas, New Year, family, etc. ... Also simply need a short rest break. Otherwise, currently proposed changes, if I would not stuck somewhere, would be introduced in a few days, maybe a week, if you count tests. But it's still worth a little wait, it can gather more comments, observations and ideas. Better one big update than a few small ones. Thanks for info about Mechanized Infantry Tactics Addon. Will check this.

By the way I noticed Takistani troops work without help, but the US army ones do not without help. Took me a few times to figure it, but Im going to make a unit config so to speak for it. Any ways as for the mechanized that addon is good, anddddd once I put the bradly in the Ltarmor category it worked like a mech unit when there was a group attached ;-)

This really sound sweet, just what i have been looking for!

Unfortunatly i can´t get the scripted version to work, not even the utes demo mission. All units just stands and do nothing for 10 min+ not even if i send one guy from my squad out to reveal enemy pos. Haven´t tried the addon version yet. Anyone expericensing the same problem?

Running CO 1.60, only mod is @CBA even if it is not needed for script version as i understand.

This really sound sweet, just what i have been looking for!

Unfortunatly i can´t get the scripted version to work, not even the utes demo mission. All units just stands and do nothing for 10 min+ not even if i send one guy from my squad out to reveal enemy pos. Haven´t tried the addon version yet. Anyone expericensing the same problem?

Running CO 1.60, only mod is @CBA even if it is not needed for script version as i understand.

Try without addon version with that demo: HAC Demo

or add following to western comannder's or any other unit's init field:

initscreen.jpg

I am afraid that I put the demo without additional parameters. : / I do not know how it happened.

Edited by Rydygier

Just read thru this thread and this sounds like a great script/addon and a very interesting concept! Hope it works in MP...

Will read the manual next and try this out over the holiday. Thanks for making and sharing Rydygier!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Great set of scripts, will work great with high command, I look forward to trying them out. :)

If CEX from ArmA1 was released for Arma 2 it'd be perfect - bit like having Combat Mission from a first person perspective. :p

I have prepared for my own needs something, that can also be useful to others - complete RHQ/RHQB category arrays for afrenian and molatian units from great Icebreakr's Duala Isle. You may just copy and paste it wherever you want to initialize them.

RHQ_Recon = ["MOL_Soldier_Spotter","AFR_Soldier_Spotter"];
RHQ_Snipers = ["AFR_Guard_Marksman","AFR_Soldier_Sniper","MOL_Soldier_Marksman","MOL_Soldier_Sniper","ibr_rebel132"];
RHQ_ATInf = ["AFR_Soldier_AT","AFR_Soldier_LAT","AFR_Soldier_HAT","MOL_Soldier_AT","MOL_Soldier_LAT","MOL_Soldier_HAT","ibr_rebel102","ibr_rebel83","ibr_rebel95"];
RHQ_AAInf = ["AFR_Soldier_Igla","AFR_Soldier_Stinger","MOL_Soldier_AA","ibr_rebel111"];
RHQ_Inf = ["AFR_Guard_AK","AFR_Guard_M1014","AFR_Guard_M16","AFR_Soldier_Officer","AFR_Soldier_Medic","AFR_Soldier_Engineer","AFR_Soldier_Rifleman","AFR_Soldier_GL","AFR_Guard_Marksman","AFR_Soldier_Sniper","AFR_Soldier_Spotter","AFR_Guard_AR","AFR_Soldier_MG","AFR_Soldier_AT","AFR_Soldier_LAT","AFR_Soldier_HAT","AFR_Guard_AA","AFR_Soldier_Crew","AFR_Soldier_Pilot","AFR_Guard_M9","AFR_Officer","AFR_Rifleman","AFR_Soldier_Igla","AFR_Soldier_Stinger","AFR_Medic","MOL_Soldier_Officer","MOL_Soldier_Medic","MOL_Soldier_Engineer","MOL_Soldier_Rifleman","MOL_Soldier_GL","MOL_Soldier_Marksman","MOL_Soldier_Sniper","MOL_Soldier_Spotter","MOL_Soldier_AR","MOL_Soldier_MG","MOL_Soldier_AT","MOL_Soldier_LAT","MOL_Soldier_HAT","MOL_Soldier_AA","MOL_Soldier_Crew","MOL_Soldier_Pilot","MOL_Soldier_Commando","ibr_rebel11","ibr_rebel22","ibr_rebel33","ibr_rebel44","ibr_rebel55","ibr_rebel66","ibr_rebel77","ibr_rebel83","ibr_rebel95","ibr_rebel102","ibr_rebel111","ibr_rebel125","ibr_rebel132","ibr_rebel145","ibr_rebel151","ibr_rebel162","ibr_rebel173","ibr_rebel184","ibr_rebel195","ibr_rebel206","ibr_rebel217","ibr_mutant"];
RHQ_HArmor = ["ibr_LEO1A5","ibr_T55","T72_MOL"];
RHQ_LArmor = ["BMP2_MOL"];
RHQ_LarmorAT = ["BMP2_MOL"];
RHQ_Cars = ["AFR_Pinz","AFR_Pinz_police","ibr_datsun_afr","ibr_datsun_afrblk","ibr_datsun_afrpol","ibr_datsun_mol","ibr_datsun_molblk","Ural_MOL"];
RHQ_Air = ["ibr_as350","ibr_as350_armed","ibr_as350_specops","ibr_as350_jungle","ibr_viggen1","ibr_viggen2","ibr_viggen3","ibr_viggen4","ibr_gazelle","ibr_gazelle_armed","ibrPRACS_MiG21mol","ibrPRACS_MiG21_AGmol","PRACS_Su24Fencer"];
RHQ_Cargo = ["AFR_Pinz","AFR_Pinz_police","ibr_as350","ibr_as350_specops","ibr_as350_jungle","Ural_MOL","ibr_gazelle","ibr_as350_armed","BMP2_MOL","ibr_datsun_afr","ibr_datsun_afrblk","ibr_datsun_afrpol","ibr_datsun_mol","ibr_datsun_molblk"];
RHQ_NCCargo = ["AFR_Pinz","AFR_Pinz_police","ibr_as350","ibr_as350_specops","ibr_as350_jungle","Ural_MOL","ibr_gazelle"];
RHQ_Crew = ["AFR_Soldier_Crew","AFR_Soldier_Pilot","MOL_Soldier_Crew","MOL_Soldier_Pilot"];

RHQB_Recon = ["MOL_Soldier_Spotter","AFR_Soldier_Spotter"];
RHQB_Snipers = ["AFR_Guard_Marksman","AFR_Soldier_Sniper","MOL_Soldier_Marksman","MOL_Soldier_Sniper","ibr_rebel132"];
RHQB_ATInf = ["AFR_Soldier_AT","AFR_Soldier_LAT","AFR_Soldier_HAT","MOL_Soldier_AT","MOL_Soldier_LAT","MOL_Soldier_HAT","ibr_rebel102","ibr_rebel83","ibr_rebel95"];
RHQB_AAInf = ["AFR_Soldier_Igla","AFR_Soldier_Stinger","MOL_Soldier_AA","ibr_rebel111"];
RHQB_Inf = ["AFR_Guard_AK","AFR_Guard_M1014","AFR_Guard_M16","AFR_Soldier_Officer","AFR_Soldier_Medic","AFR_Soldier_Engineer","AFR_Soldier_Rifleman","AFR_Soldier_GL","AFR_Guard_Marksman","AFR_Soldier_Sniper","AFR_Soldier_Spotter","AFR_Guard_AR","AFR_Soldier_MG","AFR_Soldier_AT","AFR_Soldier_LAT","AFR_Soldier_HAT","AFR_Guard_AA","AFR_Soldier_Crew","AFR_Soldier_Pilot","AFR_Guard_M9","AFR_Officer","AFR_Rifleman","AFR_Soldier_Igla","AFR_Soldier_Stinger","AFR_Medic","MOL_Soldier_Officer","MOL_Soldier_Medic","MOL_Soldier_Engineer","MOL_Soldier_Rifleman","MOL_Soldier_GL","MOL_Soldier_Marksman","MOL_Soldier_Sniper","MOL_Soldier_Spotter","MOL_Soldier_AR","MOL_Soldier_MG","MOL_Soldier_AT","MOL_Soldier_LAT","MOL_Soldier_HAT","MOL_Soldier_AA","MOL_Soldier_Crew","MOL_Soldier_Pilot","MOL_Soldier_Commando","ibr_rebel11","ibr_rebel22","ibr_rebel33","ibr_rebel44","ibr_rebel55","ibr_rebel66","ibr_rebel77","ibr_rebel83","ibr_rebel95","ibr_rebel102","ibr_rebel111","ibr_rebel125","ibr_rebel132","ibr_rebel145","ibr_rebel151","ibr_rebel162","ibr_rebel173","ibr_rebel184","ibr_rebel195","ibr_rebel206","ibr_rebel217","ibr_mutant"];
RHQB_HArmor = ["ibr_LEO1A5","ibr_T55","T72_MOL"];
RHQB_LArmor = ["BMP2_MOL"];
RHQB_LarmorAT = ["BMP2_MOL"];
RHQB_Cars = ["AFR_Pinz","AFR_Pinz_police","ibr_datsun_afr","ibr_datsun_afrblk","ibr_datsun_afrpol","ibr_datsun_mol","ibr_datsun_molblk","Ural_MOL"];
RHQB_Air = ["ibr_as350","ibr_as350_armed","ibr_as350_specops","ibr_as350_jungle","ibr_viggen1","ibr_viggen2","ibr_viggen3","ibr_viggen4","ibr_gazelle","ibr_gazelle_armed","ibrPRACS_MiG21mol","ibrPRACS_MiG21_AGmol","PRACS_Su24Fencer"];
RHQB_Cargo = ["AFR_Pinz","AFR_Pinz_police","ibr_as350","ibr_as350_specops","ibr_as350_jungle","Ural_MOL","ibr_gazelle","ibr_as350_armed","BMP2_MOL","ibr_datsun_afr","ibr_datsun_afrblk","ibr_datsun_afrpol","ibr_datsun_mol","ibr_datsun_molblk"];
RHQB_NCCargo = ["AFR_Pinz","AFR_Pinz_police","ibr_as350","ibr_as350_specops","ibr_as350_jungle","Ural_MOL","ibr_gazelle"];
RHQB_Crew = ["AFR_Soldier_Crew","AFR_Soldier_Pilot","MOL_Soldier_Crew","MOL_Soldier_Pilot"];

To do: separate category for unarmed aerial units, make the script does not use such units as air support.

Edited by Rydygier
To do