eggbeast

GITS Evolution (new main thread)

Was never a fan of Evo back in Arma but seem to be having great fun on this atm! Thanks :)

Hey Egg, whats inside the x.rar pack and did Pickle update the CMSound mod as its now got a 2 after it which never did before. I should be able to start playing more with you guys as I have finish what I was doing. Idea for future missions/updates: Add a safe zone around the spawn area (just the spawn area) so that enemy can still come in and kill but not spawn rape. I also noticed some missions (mostly RACS ones) are not host friendly or dedi friendly when running on the same machine. I can not play Sahrani RACS v1, v2, v3 on host or on dedi (running on desktop) but I can on the my paid dedi.

HAZ

Edit:

If you need a safe zone script then I have one if you want it.

HAZ

Thats a good point Haz, most of the time i log back on to find the base absolutely Fooked!!

Thanks Egg, they all work now as supposed too :).

HAZ

Agree something needs to be done to protect spawn -at least intially. Fired up the Inv44 version the other day and my base was under attack by 3 enemy fighter planes within 10 minutes which effectively ended the mission. Maybe have an AI defense regiment there with AA/AT to at least player(s) thru the beginning phase of the game.

you can respawn at the airbase and go hunting planes if youre a pilot

i agree though the enemy planes in I44 are just ridiculous!

What about my suggestion Eggbeast about the safe zone script :D ?

HAZ

it's possible - though tbh my main priority rightnow is to port the fixed mission to all of the islands

not doing much more dev on the mission atm

fixing problems where they arise though

but i wrote the base assault script deliberately to force team blue to patrol their area frequently to ensure the enemy attackers don't get into it.

once in a blue moon their random 200 final destination coincides with the spawn point, so best plan (which we always do) is to park a few M113's at this position so you can hide behind it

think ahead! patrol! lie down and crawl to teleport point and go to airbase and come back in a cobra... lots you can do rather than rely on a script...

Played Inv44 version last nite with a few friends and as Pilots, we were all denied access due to rank for all aircraft even tho it was set at: Pilots enabled access in Parameters. Couldn't find a teleport back to Main base anywhere so we were pretty much stuck until manual respawn.

weird - it works for us

are you sure you didnt have it on pilots access at 150 points? this is the public server setting.

GITS Evolution MP co-op 22 players

Island: Lingor NEW RACS

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/GITSEvolution-RACS_Lingor_v4.lingor.pbo

Mods:

@CBA

@RACS_land

@RACS_sea

@RACS_air

@RACS_main

@Lingor1337

@lingor_units_v13

Standard clientside mods:

@blazes_weapons

@bp_bloodscreen

@cmsound

@RUG_DSAI (Spanish version)

ALL mods available here

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/

Edited by eggbeast

Good job Egg! What version of Lingor is this "@Lingor1337" ? I have never heard of that version, latest is 1.4 :).

HAZ

i imagine 1.4 will work fine with it as the landmass is the same

have just uploaded a slightly tweaked mission with same name

it now has lingor vehicles in the airbase as well as RACS ones

Edited by eggbeast

Good job Egg! What version of Lingor is this "@Lingor1337" ? I have never heard of that version, latest is 1.4 :).

HAZ

I played with 1.4 on the server yesterday and nothing happened, so should be fine to use latest. :)

Hello all

I thought I'd give this (Sahraniv3.Sara) a blast as I miss pottering around Sahrani, and havn't played Evo for literally years and wanted to see the changes.

But, I noticed I had to download some extra armies which went under my @duala folder not just the stated mods otherwise the mission would not load and gave errors.

Once loaded and at the airbase with a static lav and useable stryker nothing happens except im told to use my T key.

I've rebound my T key, which command was this bound to? As without this nothing seems to happen at all. Or is my install fubar? Or is it me just having a brainwrong?

Rgds

LoK

Ta muchly for that. Had a quick flick through.

Unfortunately, im still no wiser. The pdf refers to the T key. Mine's rebound. LAV options not there.

No new options are appearing in my action menu.

Ive played evo before and unless something has drastically changed, somethings not working as it should.

Can this run in Lan mode? Is a dedicated server needed? I *must* be missing something damn obvious.

Anyone else actually tried the Sharahni version recently?

(I have a feeling it's me being a berk)

Rgds

LoK

Egg, does the pilot skill for "Build Refuel Depot" work in latest Lingor? Doesn't seem to be available.

hullo

im playing the Sahraniv3.Sara map. Im happy to rebind the T key. do i need to rebind it to any thing or just leave it open?

Dont spend to much time worring though.

rgds

LoK

you're right the PRACS_Attack_Heli_pilot was not in the pilots array - fixed in next release

I'm having problems getting the R3F logistics to work at the moment...

and rug_dsaispa seems to be silent... the spanish voices pack looks to be only 500kb in place of 4mb for arab and 14mb for russian...

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

im playing the Sahraniv3.Sara map. Im happy to rebind the T key.

LoK

Just leave it open.

It should work ok.

do you mean sahrani RACS v3?

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/GITSEvolutionSahrani_RACSV3.Sara.pbo

If your T button is used for something else then you can open the menu via the radio (0 - 0 - 1 I think) :).

HAZ

If your T button is used for something else then you can open the menu via the radio (0 - 0 - 1 I think) :).

HAZ

thank you for that. Ill try it out.

The mission name is GITSEvolutionSahraniv3.Sara.pbo from this thread.

Rgds

LoK