Sign in to follow this  
Incognito84

Has the warping issue been fixed?

I've heard some murmurings in the Project Reality forums that the MP warping/stuttering issue has been fixed in the recent 1.6 beta.

I tried to find proof on this side of the fence and unfortunately, have only been able to Google an introduction to 'Interpolation' from June of this year (soon last year) and a couple forum posts where people claim that things are worse and not improved.

I'm a huge Arma2 fan and the warping has never been that much of an issue for me but it is part of the reason why there aren't many servers and the main reason why PR: Arma2's community fizzled out as soon as the mod took off.

My question is: does anyone have any concrete proof that the warping issue has been solved? Is interpolation successful in MP?

I looked at the 1.6 changelist and didn't see any mention of it.

Thanks!

Yes, MP is great for several months already. Past few weeks there have been even more MP improvements/fixes.

Proof? Install 1.60 beta (doesnt modify installation) or RC and join an 1.60 server.

Yes it is definately fixed...I have seen proof of the fix in numerous MP session in the last months usinf Beta...since the servers can now also use 1.60 it it even better...but remote A.I. will still choke performance.

I was playing on a 1.60 PR server the other day, it is so much better since the warping has been fixed

Edited by ArmAriffic

I tried joining a PR server to test this yesterday but they're all empty. Anyway, is the patch that makes the difference client side or server side? Do I need to download 1.60RC in order to see the improvement?

I'm really, deeply glad that this has been fixed. It was the one thing that was really holding Arma2 back and detracting from the value of something as awesome as Arma3. Now that it's fixed, I have some really awesome experiences to look forward to! :D

I tried joining a PR server to test this yesterday but they're all empty. Anyway, is the patch that makes the difference client side or server side? Do I need to download 1.60RC in order to see the improvement?

I'm really, deeply glad that this has been fixed. It was the one thing that was really holding Arma2 back and detracting from the value of something as awesome as Arma3. Now that it's fixed, I have some really awesome experiences to look forward to! :D

Yeah mate install 1.60 if you haven't already. Huge improvement.

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20

Try servers at 2000hrs GMT, Incognito.

outdated thread, why resurrect it ... it has been fixed in 1.60