Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

C130-to-AC-130 Visual Enhancement

This addon provides a visual enhancement that makes the C130 look like an AC-130. Both the AC-130U and AC-130H versions are present. IMPORTANT NOTE: The code for the AC-130 logic must be added! There are several good mods that provide AC-130 code and it is recommended to use this in parallel with one of those great addons. Without an AC-130 mod, this is just eye candy! :)

The visual enhancement is a new 3D model that is scripted to appear on the planes via the "attachTo" command. The turrets do not more, nor are there any muzzle animations. The enhancement simply makes gun barrels stick out the side of the airplanes :) This is intended to be used until one of the WIP AC-130 models is released.

MLODs are included in the zip.

Download v1.0 here: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265#cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%211936

u.jpg

h2.jpg

h1.jpg

niiiice

churning out addons like no tomorrow :D

Now if only we can get turrets support for fixed wing aircraft, then you can make an ac-130 without attachTo scripts :)

This looks cool though.

Now if only we can get turrets support for fixed wing aircraft, then you can make an ac-130 without attachTo scripts :)

This looks cool though.

turrets will work on planes but any weapons fired will come out the nose of the plane

This is really nice ! Will be testing this IMMEDIATELY with LurchiDerLurch's AC130 scripts !

Great work hcpookie!

great work around! Nicely done

turrets will work on planes but any weapons fired will come out the nose of the plane

Which is far from actually being supported :rolleyes:

You wouldn't be able to merge this with Lurchi der Lurch's ac-130 addon would you?

This ^^^^^

Thanks for the kind words! DISCLAIMER - the guns were placed with eyeball 1.0, so they are probably not in the exact location they should be!

About inclusion into another mod - Lurch (or ANYONE for that matter!!!!) has permission to do whatever they wish with the MLODs, which is why I included them (see the readme) :D I'll be glad to help out.

It was Lurch's AC-130 script that inspired me to build this "band-aid" addon. That being said, I will not presume to impose on him. I would be glad to recode the config to anything he wishes (new class names, etc) to help out his mod. Like I said his mod is his and I don't want to make any assumptions, because he may have other plans/surprises waiting for us.

Gossamer is spot-on - ideally one of these AC-130 models that are WIP will be finished up soon which will make this addon completely useless. Yes, we all want this addon to be useless LOL

While we are on the subject, I have a question - are there any beta releases, etc. of "official" AC-130 models? I have assumed the WIP models are imported from an external source? There are some intersting vids on Youtube that show what appear to be mostly-working aircraft! What's up with those?

Edited by hcpookie

I suppose all that would be required is a replacement config that says C130=AC130 :)

Just don't look at me, cos I can't code for shit :)

I have a question - are there any beta releases, etc. of "official" AC-130 models? I have assumed the WIP models are imported from an external source? There are some intersting vids on Youtube that show what appear to be mostly-working aircraft! What's up with those?

answer private message please

Nice addon, thanks hcpookie. Unfortunately I seem to be having a problem with it. If I place it in the editor (say on a runway) and walk towards it from approx 200m away, at certain distances I'm getting weird graphical corruption all over the screen. This looks like large grey triangles. This only happens at a certain distance from the model - otherwise it's fine. The issue seems to occur much more with the Spooky model than the Spectre.

May just be my own setup but would appreciate if anyone else could test to confirm/deny.

Munger I had another look at the distances and I'm not seeing that. That sounds like a problem with the 3D model or the model.cfg. The two models are practically the same so I'm not sure what to say. Can you be more specific on how you can repro this? Map? other addons? etc... does it happen with any other addons (for example other than the @POOK folder)?

Just to be clear on this and make sure I have it right during testing.

These visual models only work with scripted version of LDL - not the addon version ?

Shame - be nice to see both if you can manage it

They work with ANYTHING - they are simply a visual addition. No logic - think of them as a new texture on a vehicle :) The units in the editor - AC-130H_ and AC-130U_ are simply C130's with the visual additions added to them. Underscores are a part of their name to avoid any confusion in the editor with possible AC-130 units.

Let me caveat by saying I have not used the addon version, but it might work. What mine does is inhert from the default BIS C130 and makes a new unit, which runs the AttachTo command in the unit's init. That was built with a script version in mind!

The actual 3D models can be scripted to be added to any other C130 vehicle using the AttachTo command. I'll be glad to help make that happen. I really don't want to go making modifications to his addon until I check with him first, so if an edit is needed for his addon version, I would really like to get the OK from him before proceeding.

This is the actual script code that my "new" -H units run at init:

_gunship = _this select 0;
sleep 0.5;

_gunship_guns = "pook_AC130Hvisual" createVehicle [0,0,0]; 
_gunship_guns attachTo [_gunship, [0, 0, 0]];

Or this one for the -U units:

_gunship = _this select 0;
sleep 0.5;

_gunship_guns = "pook_AC130Uvisual" createVehicle [0,0,0]; 
_gunship_guns attachTo [_gunship, [0, 0, 0]];

This is the config code to run those scripts:

class DefaultEventhandlers;
class EventHandlers: DefaultEventhandlers {
	init = "[_this select 0] execVM ""\pook_AC130\init_H.sqf""; ";
};

or...

class DefaultEventhandlers;
class EventHandlers: DefaultEventhandlers {
	init = "[_this select 0] execVM ""\pook_AC130\init_U.sqf""; ";
};

Obviously it would not take much to add this to an addon version!

Edited by hcpookie

Yeah but I'd like to go for the full simulation. Because this is just a texture pack without animations. But in real life the 40mm 105mm guns have recoil. And the gatling guns turn as they fire. Then there's also muzzleflash and smoke etc.

Then again its easy for me to say because I not a very good programmer.

as previously said: all that could be possible if multiple turrets would actually work on plane classes. At this very moment, they don't

Yeah but I'd like to go for the full simulation. Because this is just a texture pack without animations. But in real life the 40mm 105mm guns have recoil. And the gatling guns turn as they fire. Then there's also muzzleflash and smoke etc.

Then again its easy for me to say because I not a very good programmer.

stay tuned for something a little more realistic