Sign in to follow this  
Delta Hawk

max vertices count???

This is not another max poly count thread. I'm making an addon with a lot of complicated animations and user actions, which means a lot of vertices in the memory LOD, a lot of entries in the model.cfg and a lot of entries in the user action in the config. But it seems like the more I progress, the most animations aren't working at all like there's a vertices limit for the memory LOD or something. Before I continue can someone give me a 100% positive answer on this? Can I have 200 vertices in the memory, 100 animations and 50 user actions???

Do you have more than 55 bones? That's also a limit ;)

FML

It has near 100 bones.

Is there anyway to get around these limits? My addon depends on the ability to be more than just a normal vehicle to drive around. Do you know the limits for the other stuff?

Do you have more than 55 bones? That's also a limit ;)

That's an arbitrary limit I think.

@Delta Hawk... BinPBO pushes a default value of 56 (from memory) through to the binarize.exe commandline parameter '-targetBonesInterval'.

I've regularly just called binarize.exe directly bypassing BinPBO to build various things but I've never bothered testing upping the '-targetBonesInterval' value higher than the default. (Which is 55 if you're calling binarize.exe from the commandline. And, 56 if called through BinPBO)

I'd guess you possibly can have those sorts of figures you're asking about... but you'll have to use a dos batch file to call binarize.exe rather than using BinPBO. I haven't pushed it towards the sorts of values you're talking. You'll have to give it a whirl yourself.

Let us know how you get on.

To call binarize.exe directly you'll want to use a batch file similar to the following.

m:\rv\a2tools\binmake\binarize\binarize.exe -binpath="m:\rv\a2tools\binmake\binarize" -textures="m:\rv_temp" -targetBonesInterval=56 -addon="p:\ca\wheeled_e" -addon="p:\ca\wheeled2" "p:\sy\vehicles\trucks" "m:\rv_temp\sy\vehicles\trucks" mtvr.p3d
pause

m:\rv\a2tools\binmake\binarize\binarize.exe

This is the path to binarize.exe in your build environment.

-binpath="m:\rv\a2tools\binmake\binarize"

This is the path where binarize goes looking for a folder called '\bin' and consequently the main reference config, stringtable.xml etc. On my machine I have the latest AllInOne.cpp etc. sitting in the '\bin' folder of binarize.exe but most people have there's sitting in the root folder of their P:\ drive.

-textures="m:\rv_temp"

This is the path to your build environments temp scratch area where all textures are copied.

-targetBonesInterval=56

This is the number of allowed in one section when processing a .p3d.

-addon="p:\ca\wheeled_e"

-addon="p:\ca\wheeled2"

You can specify multiple folders in your Build Environment where binarize.exe goes looking for reference information when processing your config/models etc.

"p:\sy\vehicles\trucks"

The <source> folder you are binarizing.

"m:\rv_temp\sy\vehicles\trucks"

The <destination> folder for outputting your binarized content.

mtvr.p3d

One or more models (.p3d) using wildcards a or .wrp you are processing.

Cheers, Sy.

PS. There are other binarize.exe commandline parameters you can specify as well. To see the complete list open a dos command prompt into the folder where binarize.exe lives and just run it without any params. It'll give you a list of the parameters.

Edited by Synide

That's an arbitrary limit I think.

Yeah I know, but I didnt want to waste my time describing the workaround if it wasn really the problem ^^