USSRsniper

Red Hammer Studios 9K79-1 Tochka-U

Hi the 9k79-1s do show up in the mission editor. But do not play in Arma 2 operation arrowhead version 1.52 and on the desktop it says bad version 50 p3d file. Is there any one who can fix the p3d file. So that it will work on Arma 2 operation arrowhead version 1.52.

Thank You,

Have you actually read the replies?

You need arma2: combined operations 1.59 for this. nobody can fix this for you.

Beautiful addon! RHS studio!

I have only one question, how to make the missile use bi's sucd missle launch effect? BI's sucd launch effect looks more real, with much more dust, smoke at the ignition moment.

Beautiful addon! RHS studio!

I have only one question, how to make the missile use bi's sucd missle launch effect? BI's sucd launch effect looks more real, with much more dust, smoke at the ignition moment.

But the BIS Rocket launch is ugly as hell because the rocket gains speed to fast

An addon fit for a king, as per usual from Red Hammer Studios'! Cheers guys. :)

Tried this big missile just this morning. Wow... It's great, thanks RHS!

A couple of mentions:

-is it possible to make control panel semi-transparent to have an ability to watch all the preparations for the launch? And some optional camera script connected to the missile (for watching its flight and impact) would be useful.

-player cannot get back to the driver's place after launch so it takes some time to leave position after launch (you have to exit the launcher and enter the driver's place from outside).

I've found a bug where if you shoot a missile off outside of the targeting computer, the missile isn't removed from the launch rail.

Wow really nice.... My only gripe would be that the camera sinks into the ground and looks up at the bottom of the launcher in 3rd person so you cant really see anything. Other than that love how detailed it is... Top quality as always chaps!

Great Work, thanks for the release!

I have one question though, how do I get the AI to fire the missile. I tried the code from the readme in every possible way but the vehicle just sits there doing nothing.

Edited by colosso

USMC definitely not happy with the introduction with this bit of Russian tech! apparently they have been too focused on unit combat camo :P

Wastelander: watched the whole clip to see the missile take off, lol :)

Might just be me being a biff but any chance i could get an explanation on how to make the AI use this? Thanks in advance!

Might just be me being a biff but any chance i could get an explanation on how to make the AI use this? Thanks in advance!

from the ONLINE README

AI USAGE

It is also possible for AI to perform entire launch sequence, this can be done with the following script line:

_tochka doTarget _target;

Where _tochka is the unit name of the vehicle. _target should be a Game Logic type object.

from the ONLINE README

Read that attempted it wasn't entirely sure if i'd put it in the right boxes seeing as it didn't work thus asked for clarification. To clarify i got it to work with the aforementioned code being in the init field as long as i was the driver of the vehicle. I can't seem to get it to work any other way which is downright confusing me!

Edited by raikitsune

Read that attempted it wasn't entirely sure if i'd put it in the right boxes seeing as it didn't work thus asked for clarification. To clarify i got it to work with the aforementioned code being in the init field as long as i was the driver of the vehicle. I can't seem to get it to work any other way which is downright confusing me!

Can you explain how you got it to work then?

Did you have to tell the AI to get in vehicle ?

Can you explain how you got it to work then?

Did you have to tell the AI to get in vehicle ?

As i said it only worked with the original code if i was the driver of the vehicle and the code was as follows: This dotarget _nameoftarget

Still can't get it to work otherwise!

Guys did you try the cluster rocket? Its great! But beware, the game will insta crash if you observe the impact with blastcore enabled. (Blastcores fault)

You can be a spotter in the bushes and just tell the AI to target some vehicle. Then just watch them blow up that target. If your AI is not firing, it's possible that your Tochka is not facing the target. It needs to be within 30 degree angle. Did any of you guys felt that the frag warhead is a little underpowered? The good explosion is missing as well. I expected it to be bit more spectacular.

from the ONLINE README

The instructions need to be more specific to where we're supposed to put the scripting line for it to work and what kind of game logic object we're supposed to use(Trigger or Game Logic?)

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

Not necessarily it must be a logic. Target can be any object.

Also, if player is group leader and Tochka is in group, possible to assign target throught commanding menu.

For example:

~(All) - 2(Target that) - 2(APC)