Sign in to follow this  
JesseDavis

volumetric clouds

this may be a bridge too far, especially considering that the game barely runs on my PC, but I was disappointed today to discover that you cant fly up into the clouds and over them.

I was flying along, a grey seattle day and up above me through a hole in the clouds I see a patch of blue. Thinking of all the eye candy up there I pegged the collective and started a loooong trip up.

only I never got above the clouds. I never even got into them. Even at 4,000 meters (I set auto hover and went for a smoke) they were always just a few meters above me. :confused:

too bad because they looked real enough from below. I could have sworn they were volumetric but If you can't fly around them I guess not. Seems important for a flight sim.

Any input from others? Granted most of this game is down on the deck, but imagine the day that a freak pea-soup fogbank rolls into seattle and you need to pop in and out of for a mission.

J.

They are volumetric and you can fly through and over them. Certain weather settings may have a really, really high and tall cloud layer though. These settings can be played around with using script commands we have yet to document (they start with simul) :)

Yes you can end up in/above cloud, you can also fly around them etc, I guess you need the right “weather†so the cloud is lower than when you tryed.

Oops! Sorry folks, my bad! I could have sworn the clouds were low :-p

Btw Neokika, how did you get rid of the flight vector display while keeping the regular gauges?

Edited by JesseDavis

He is moving foward so the flight vector is on the front of the chopper? Check the ball. Or by pressing "double alt". Or disable it in difficulty option.