Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Wrpedit pioneers

Any1 interested in going deeper into WrpEdit?

We are forming a group, and later a OFPInternals sister site (focused on editing) of WrpEdit pioneers and if u want to learn more come and join us.

Contact me at afghanconflict@hotmail.com.

PS. We are getting ready to release the first ever quality user made island.

Hi,

-SKULLS_Viper

-anzacmick

-STS_SolidSnake

well let me know how i can reach you.

i dont know how to correctly use WRP Edit yet , the last island that i tried didnt let ofp start and i got an error message

yeah i will join , i sent ya an email, im working on an island, a HUGE one, got the main river done, the island, and small rivers leading off, but, i will put that on hold to join you, contact me or add me to your msn at lukin7000@hotmail.com

Hi,

Have not found this in the tutorial but if you hold the Alt key down and hold your left mouse button down over an object, you can drag it round the map.

If you hold down the shift key you can group select objects, but unfortunatly you cant drag grouped objects just delete or replace them.

If this is old news, anyone else got additional info on wrpedit?

Cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt_Wilson @ June 09 2002,19:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi,

Have not found this in the tutorial but if you hold the Alt key down and hold your left mouse button down over an object, you can drag it round the map.

If you hold down the shift key you can group select objects, but unfortunatly you cant drag grouped objects just delete or replace them.

If this is old news, anyone else got additional info on wrpedit?

Cheers<span id='postcolor'>

thx for the info

There, I've sent an e-mail to you know. Hope you want me on the team *fingers crossed*

And for now, I am off to fiddle around with WrpEdit for about 40 minutes. Then I have to run to catch my bus. God I hate school =)

Fortunately, I only have to go today and tomorrow, then it's SUMMER HOLIDAYS!!!! Yay!

Ah, enough yapping from me now, signing off

- KTottE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ June 09 2002,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When i try out my island i get:

No entry 'config.bin/CfgWorlds.warisland'.

Any help please?  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Try the quick and dirty way:

- Backup eden.wrp

- Replace eden.wrp with your own island

- Start the game and open Everon in the game editor

This should get you started. To create your own islands, you should read the tutorials. It's a bit more complicated. Look at ofpinternals.megaforms.ru for tutorials.

marnsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soldier8Boy @ June 11 2002,09:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is already a quality island released, so thus your information about this being the first is incorrect. WarTorn v1.0b was released yesterday and can be found at www.geocities.com/soldier_8_boy along with Parker's King Tiger.<span id='postcolor'>

Im not to sure about your definition of quality, but here is what my dictionary says

quality

adj 1: of superior grade; 2: of high social status

n 1: an essential and distinguishing attribute of something or someone; 2: a degree or grade of excellence or worth; 3: a characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something

Now, when you say quality I have to compare it to the islands that I have allready played. This meaning mainly BIS islands and the few that were retextured. Your Island looks like it was made in a day, not alot going on in there. The terrain and texturing needs alot of work....alot! Now dont take this the wrong way, you have a good start but please dont start the flood of half ass Islands that I fear is coming our way. If you really want a "Quality" Island then its going to take alot longer than 3 days to make it. With the present condition of WrpEdit tools (no copy and paste) its going to be a month or so before you see anything that is actually worth downloading.....

I just have 2 points to make:

1) I agree with Hudsom, Island creation takes a lot of effort especially when you're trying to go to every little detail. The group I'm assembling is called InternalEditing will SPECIALIZE in creating HISTORICALLY and TOPOGRAPHICALY ACCURATE terrain.

2) This thread was created to recrut people for good cause to help other people, it wasn't created to argue if someone already released an island (bytheway thefirst island was created by Skytheman) It took him 5 day to perfect it. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTottE @ June 10 2002,08:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And for now, I am off to fiddle around with WrpEdit for about 40 minutes. Then I have to run to catch my bus. God I hate school =)

Fortunately, I only have to go today and tomorrow, then it's SUMMER HOLIDAYS!!!! Yay!<span id='postcolor'>

You get summer holidays this early? You lucky bastard! I don't break up for six weeks!

Anyway, back on topic: I am interested in your island thingy, I am making my own island at the moment and it's loking good. If you want me on the team, email me atJohnStone288@hotmail.com.

*crosses fingers and hopes he makes the team*

We need more people who can easily provide us with topographic data, DEM's etc. that way the work can be done efficientlyand faster.

Nobody listens, the v 1.0b- b=BETA. It's an ongoing project, that was just to let people see and say what they want in it. I know it's not complete, if it was then there wouldn't be the 'b' at the end.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soldier8Boy @ June 11 2002,15:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is already a quality island released, so thus your information about this being the first is incorrect. WarTorn v1.0b was released yesterday and can be found at www.geocities.com/soldier_8_boy along with Parker's King Tiger.<span id='postcolor'>

In your first post you said:

There is already a quality island released, so thus your information about this being the first is incorrect.

You are wrong because it was the first quality COMPLETED island and as you later explained your island is still in Beta, sorry m8 dosn't count as a total release. confused.gif

OK i have started on an island, if you are intersted in letting me join yer crew, send me an email, i will send you a beta of what i have done so far, it needs more work, a lot more, but if you like i will send you what i have done so far and explain how i got here, anyways get me at hk@dvsquad.com

I reckon that it is stupid everybody arguing over what is and isn't a quality island as everyone will be biased. But I reckon islands that this group makes will be better, as there are loads of people working on the islands, each with there own strengths - someone who is good at forests puts in a foreest, then someone good at towns puts in a town, etc.

Thanks for your support Wadi. I also agree that argueeng at this point, when everyone is still inexperienced, is useless.

Our site will be up for testing on monday and later will go public, i will keep u updated.

Yeah, but you would need the hemp addon to use it. Maybe we could make an island, and then release two versions - one including the hemp addon with it in a package, for people who don't have the hemp, and one without for people who do.