Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Wrpedit ....

You can also get it from NatoSoldier.com. There are also mirrors listed!

Please, post your comments about WRPEdit here so OFPInt. guys know what to implement in the final version!

FlipeR

Okay.. Flip: THIS PROGRAM KICKS ASS!! Considering that's it's just a BETA it's very very stable biggrin.gif I didn't experienced a single crash. And the peview window seems to be even faster then the original game biggrin.gif

I also like the interface - it's pretty clean and not toooo easy to handle. I consider this a good thing, because this way people need some time to create good islands and we're not getting flodded by crappy islands from some beginners biggrin.gif I know this sounds hard..

The only thing i would change is the tarrain lowering/raising function.. it's a hell of a work to set those red dots to raise a bigger area wink.gif

Seems too clumsy to use... Makign a full island with this tool would take _very_ long I would guess... I will propably wait for Visitore before trying to make anything, im sure its easier to use. (though with it too making an island must be alot of work)

Guys,

have you considered that BIS might object to using their boards to discuss a tool they do not support?

And having said that... =) Its a kickass tool, but i have to agree with Kegetys here (again =). Its very hard to use for say forests and roads. And adding / moving objects is cumbersome at least. Now hopefully there are some shortcuts to move around objects interatcively and perhaps put out a lot of forest objects quickly, If not, setting down each forest object, and aligning them one by one, and not having the option to copy and paste objects is just to much work to be bothered with.

Though i do belive we might be seeing a whole lot of desert islands popping up =)

Oh. and Vip, shift + ctrl lets you select a larger rectangular area to use when changing elevation.

/HuBBa

I know Kege&Hubba - if you want to make just the relief it wont take you much time, but making an island with variable vegetation and a lot of objects will take you weeks if not months! And thats the price if you want playable islands...

Why do you think we have only 4 islands by default? Its because of their complexity! And BTW: Desert island is the same terrain as ABEL, but without the bigger island:) And for Resistance BiS opted only for 1 extra island to shorten times of making the expansion pack...

We unfortunaltely ran out of time so we couldnt implement the copy/paste function...but this is only a BETA! The copy/paste function will be present in the final release of WRPEdit!

About WRPEdit and BiS - I know OFPInternals contacted Marek asking him, how he feel about OFPInt. coming tools, but received no response... Now I ask Maruk or Suma for an unofficial or even better an official statement about OFPInternals tools! TNX

FlipeR

I dont think BIS cares if we talk about wrpedit here... And I dont think they have anything againist it either.

But anyway... The object placement is indeed very clumsy now. Sure, adding thousands of trees and bushes is hard work in its own, but the WrpEdit way its just way too hard (double click, select object model, click ok, if it went to the wrong place delete it and re-do or manuallu adjust the X/Y values, repeat that for every single object you want to place). It should be: select object model, click on the map to add that object there, or click 10 times to add 10 objects of that kind. And click & drag and existing object to move it. Would make it _alot_ easier.

Well, im making a large square island with 2 runways, and look what happened to my Desert Island:

Look very closely at this one:

lol.JPG

And dont even TRY to make an airport on Kolgujev:

lol2.JPG

biggrin.gif

Alt + LMB is for easy moving of the objects - I'm sorry but there was no time to write any documentation!

The only thing available for now is part of the internal documentation that can be found at Comrades in Arms page!

Scorpio: I know about that texture distortion problem! Vip has it too and same for me!!! Tell me - what OS you use? WinXP? We're trying to localise the problem.

FlipeR

Yeah, im using Windows XP Pro. I think its something to do with flattening the land.

OK we found a solution to the textures distortion problem!

We have to set the texture's random value (found under Extended Flags tab) for the retextured squares to:

Random 1 = 0

Random 2 = 0

FlipeR

im really dissapointed that i haven't got my computer with me right now because i really REALLY want to try this program out for myself and be able to make my own islands for missions in the future. I hope its not as hard as you lot are making it, that would be a shame. anyway..... later