Sign in to follow this  
gammadust

SOPA - Internet as we know it about to be gone?

In response to Tonci87's picture post:

Of course, people blacking out their sites that they own is an abuse of power, whereas giving media moguls the ability to selectively censor the internet isn't.

Mind = Blown

Shouldn't be a shocker, they're practicly toddlers who if they don't get their way will either cry or act up. The best preparation you can take is to immediately assume everything the MPAA says is bullshit.

Edited by NodUnit

funny-facebook-fails-sopa-and-mj.jpg

And you get waaay more than someone who like really breaks into a house and actually steals something!

Sounds like the music industry and privatized prison company's are working together. I'm curious now what is 'legal', can we go to a website and download a single song for a dollar or are pirating because we aren't going right to these people and kissing their asses for a song they did not make.

Sounds like the music industry and privatized prison company's are working together. I'm curious now what is 'legal', can we go to a website and download a single song for a dollar or are pirating because we aren't going right to these people and kissing their asses for a song they did not make.

I swear that neither SOPA or PIPA didn't come in to law? If so then we can still use the internet like we did before and nobody has the right to arrest anyone in the US or anywhere else for downloading a song, unless they come at us with all the previous laws and stick something on us... :j:

Good thing that I live in the UK... :o

Good thing that I live in the UK... :o

Well that's bad because ACTA just got signed today well unoticed by the public that was distracted by SOPA.

Hi all

In reply to [GR]Operative:

Yes it would appear that imminent release of the Megabox was the trigger for shutting down Megaupload. It would have given us the kind of media access device that we all want and freed the artists from the clutches of the leechers, giving musicians 90% of the income from their work rather than the 5% the leechers leave them.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Was-MegaUpload-Crushed-to-Stop-MegaBox-Launch-118044?nocomment=1

As always follow the link to the original article in full

It would have been a game changer but it still will, this is an idea, and its time has come.

Kind regards walker

That was my idea all the time. It's possible, it will benefit the artists and it will hit hard on the leechers.

Well that's bad because ACTA just got signed today well unoticed by the public that was distracted by SOPA.

I'm not even surprised :tongue: So much for "democracy" and "voting"... You know I never understood this democracy and voting they keep on telling us about. I've been living in the West for about 13 years now and the only public vote scheme that I've ever heard about are presidential/ruling party votes. As for the laws and stuff that really matters... Parliament votes for it themselves.

So the only thing that has changed is that we can select the party that will sign laws such as ACTA for us now :smile:

Can we still upload addons or will I get arrested for 5 years if I re-skin a BIS model? :biggrin:

We are shocked that even our country signed this without any hint or debate - there will be a revolt, I'm sure about it.

Meh, those politicians are corrupt dickwads anyhow. Nobody'll miss them.

Even the US signed it? Well now they don´t need SOPA anymore. I´m really surprised that Germany is not on this list

I'm not even surprised :tongue: So much for "democracy" and "voting"... You know I never understood this democracy and voting they keep on telling us about. I've been living in the West for about 13 years now and the only public vote scheme that I've ever heard about are presidential/ruling party votes. As for the laws and stuff that really matters... Parliament votes for it themselves.

Western democracy is misnamed, it should be "dictatorship with a 4 year option" :)

There will be a revolt, I'm sure about it.

nea.gif Don't get false hopes, people today have turned in to submissive careless fools. I predict that nothing will happen, life will go on the same as always, we will read about Anonymous in the newspapers, then put them in the trash can and go to work patiently waiting for another law to come out which will tighten our leash :wink_o:

I'm not even surprised :tongue: So much for "democracy" and "voting"... You know I never understood this democracy and voting they keep on telling us about.

It's because EU democracy and parliament are weak. But actually the act wasn't voted but signed by governement representatives. It'll be voted (or not) in june.

It's because EU democracy and parliament are weak. But actually the act wasn't voted but signed by governement representatives. It'll be voted (or not) in june.

Can I (perosnally) vote?

If this is all about intellectual property and protecting our copyrights, can I not personally have a say about this with my own hand and ink?

Edited by -Martin-

Can I (perosnally) vote?

Nope, but Parliament members can. And you can vote for them. It's called representative democracy.

Nope, but Parliament members can. And you can vote for them. It's called representative democracy.

The only person who will be voting for anything is me without any middle man, because it’s my opinion and my voice, nobody will vote for me and get benefits from my voice even if they want to vote the same as me.

I guess I can say that my vote is copyright :tongue:

So unless I put the paper that directly says “Do you want ACTA yes/no†in to the box I’m not voting for any parliament representative at all. This is what I was promised before 1989, the deal hasn’t changed.

Edited by -Martin-

nea.gif Don't get false hopes, people today have turned in to submissive careless fools. I predict that nothing will happen, life will go on the same as always, we will read about Anonymous in the newspapers, then put them in the trash can and go to work patiently waiting for another law to come out which will tighten our leash :wink_o:

thats why i told people here to try to get and see movie "War of Wars: Next Century" from 1981, it is about passive people, propaganda

and how you call following situation:

- party A says before election :

"we will build new hospital, we will move back troops from Iraq cause it is too expensive"

party A won and...

hospital is liquidated, cause they put money on new rockets to blow homes in Iraq

4 years have passed

party B says BEFORE election:

"we must stop expensive bloodsheed in war, we must move those troops home, we have to spend money on fallen hospitals"

they won and ...

"we have to raise number of troops, so we cannot reopen local hospital, but we will cut your salary and take away local school"

4 years left...

again ?

over 50% of Poles DO NOT VOTE, we don't have politicians who are not like above A, B, cause most of them are corrupted and those who are not are either not shown by media or... found dead "suicide" for example or false accused, court waisted their lifes and after 15 years "ooo, it was all set up, no profs, noone is guilty, mistake" (2 right wings politicians who fought with corruption were accused and canned from any media )

what can you do when politicians do not fulfill promises ?

in Switzerland at least people have referendums

Edited by vilas

For me its just a pile of BS and false promises/lies to keep the people calm

The only person who will be voting for anything is me without any middle man, because it’s my opinion and my voice, nobody will vote for me and get benefits from my voice even if they want to vote the same as me.

I guess I can say that my vote is copyright :tongue:

So unless I put the paper that directly says “Do you want ACTA yes/no†in to the box I’m not voting for any parliament representative at all. This is what I was promised before 1989, the deal hasn’t changed.

Yep, i guess we all think that way. Moreover, in the EU it's even more complicated. The governements are represented through the commission, and the people of the member countries through the parliament. But the parliament has much less power than the commission. So that's why EU democracy is weak.

That's the poor result of the European building process, where countries such as the UK never really wanted to be part of a it while others (such as mine or Germany) wanted a greater economical and political integration. So now with 27 countries, each of them wanting something different than its neighbour, it's nothing less than Frankenstein.

there will be a revolt, I'm sure about it.

Since my first year at university (economics) and recently comming on this forum(reading about ACTA), I've realised that our society is messed up. How it's a dictatorship and how people fail to see what's happening and what's wrong.

Never in my life have I felt appealed by the term 'freedom fighter', but what's happening now is just wrong and it has to change.

Perhaps I should relocate to somewhere else in the world.

Somewhere where I can have a bank account without feeling naked because the government can see it, somewhere I'm allowed to erase the tracker cookies from my computer, somewhere where I can see every video on youtube, somewhere where I can keep a weapon, somewhere where I can take a piss in my garden without seeing another house...

Edited by Dekster
college =/= university I think

Since my first year in college(economics) and recently comming on this forum(reading about ACTA), I've realised that our society is messed up. How it's a dictatorship and how people fail to see what's happening and what's wrong.

Never in my life have I felt appealed by the term 'freedom fighter', but what's happening now is just wrong and it has to change.

Somewhere where I can have a bank account without feeling naked because the government can see it, somewhere I'm allowed to erase the tracker cookies from my computer, somewhere where I can see every video on youtube, somewhere where I can keep a weapon, somewhere where I can take a piss in my garden without seeing another house...

Youre not alone with your feelings but contrary to real dictatorships...there is not ral target for the anger and that's what makes every kind of "fighting" so futile---fight whom, fight what, the responsibilities are so difuse.

Hmmm sounds like Chernarus to me :wink_o:

Well, to be serious I completely agree with you, but there is just nowhere to go since all the developed countries follow America like ducklings follow a duck.

Sure, one can go to the 3rd world, but there one has different stuff to worry about instead of politics, for example finding clean drinking water :tongue:

They know we have nowhere to run, and that people are too concerned about their wellbeing for today and don’t care about tomorrow, meaning that any retaliation is very unlikely to take place, hence they can move us around like pawns on a checkerboard.

Edited by -Martin-

Hi Martin, do you know why Czech Republic was so quiet about ACTA? Or maybe our media didn't informed us on what's going on with our neighbours?

People didn't really protest against ACTA in Czech? And what's the fuss about the tax on empty data carriers like dvd's, cd's, casettes, hdd's (Polish press called it 'czyste media tax').

We signed acta ths morning, but not not everything is lost.There may be a referendum whether to ratify acta or not. People are so pissed and protests are still going on because that liar Tusk screwed the people really good this time. It's late and all protests have ended and rIght now normal people people are trying to ruin his image on facebook while hackers are putting some work against regime's webpages, it's said that Tusk goons operating his FB account have deleted and censored almost 7000 comments, in fact there was only 100-200 comments with profane words :o

Sure, one can go to the 3rd world, but there one has different stuff to worry about instead of politics, for example finding clean drinking water :tongue:

I watch ultimate and dual survival weekly, finding drinking water shouldn't be a problem. :D

Anyhow, I think some countries will always be better than others.

I have to finish my studies first and still want to join the army, not for a carreer, but I want the training.

I think the most sensible thing to do at the moment is taking some precautions,look around support who oppose and stay under the radar. (that's not hard, but I don't want my dna or fingerprints in some database)

---------- Post added at 00:38 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

On ACTA

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-01/26/eu-signs-up-to-acta