Sign in to follow this  
FW200

Wrp edit beta out!

I dont know Harrell for now I am just naming my maps intro.wrp or abel.wrp etc so that I can use them in game.

You'll need to create a .wrp .cpp file, bin file all in pbo file, cutscenes in a new directory, .paa file for it to work just like the originals.

So harrell at the momemnt we have:

"MDRZulu: I am just naming my maps intro.wrp"

and then:

"m16a2m203 : You'll need to create a .wrp .cpp file, bin file all in pbo file, cutscenes in a new directory, .paa file for it to work just like the originals."

Who could possible be correct?

I know nothing about how to make an addon work sad.gif

Both, his way is quick and easy, my way allows you to have the intro island as well as your new island to pick from the list.

The .paa is your icon in your pick list of maps.

The animations are for when you revert to the main menu and want to see a cutscene just like the originals.

Renaming, well I never tried it but I don't see why it wouldn't work, YOu just can't share it with anybody....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ June 07 2002,03:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I cant see any land in the preview even if I open malden or everon<span id='postcolor'>

to preivew the map, just go to view then preview

Or you could press F9

which is the hotkey for preview mode...

i got it all figure out now, to get teh camera where you want you go to objects then the camera tab and set camera by mouse then hit f9, works good. Now if only this program had an undo button.

Ok, it's a pretty good tool (kudos to the programmers), but it needs to be more flexible, for example:

- you should be able to drag objects (p3d's) with the mouse and be able to select it and move it in small increments (eg .10) for precise placement. Therefore you should also be able to choose in which selection mode you are: object or grid.

Replacing the ground textures is working very nicely, but editing the terrain, well it isn't easy sad.gif

I know this is a beta, but I'm sure that some more flexibility could be implemented smile.gif

well im glad to see all u guys r having luck im still trying to find out how to put ground down at the moment my island is well not a island just a sea this is the first time iv tryed somthing like this so thats why im crap at it confused.gif

Erm, "precise placement"?

If you double click the object you can place it with .00000001 perfection...

Any tutorials on how to add land over water?

do i need another program to make the islands? and then import in WRP Edit?

KTottE, when placing roads, it's nearly impossible to precisely place it from the first time (it has to perfectly be aligned with the other parts of the road).

Well, you can double click on an already placed object and change it's co-ordinates afterwards. I haven't tried placing roads yet, but when I have worked it out I will come back and post a solution to this.

Yes, I know you can change the coordinates by double clicking, but it just takes to many modifications to get to the point where it's correctly positioned. A drag/key feature is necessary.

Hey, it's hard to use but I got the tutorial, I've had an idea for an island for a long time. Stay tuned, because I'm gonna make the sweetest Island you ever saw!