Sign in to follow this  
FW200

Wrp edit beta out!

Nice, looks good I will give it a bash tonight.

RED

Get making those islands! I hope that there is now a massive boom in usermade islands, which is a very good thing.

Yay! Finally!...Wait...*mumbles* Why do i have a feeling that this will brake my comp. and flashpoint? sad.gif

But trying never hurts! smile.gif Or does it? tounge.gif

Hm...i tried it, and it doesnt seem too promising. Its a hard program to figure out and there are some bugs or two. But its a great program.

*Salutes OFP Internals*

Hmm...Okay..I think im getting it...Yes...Yes...No..Hrm confused.gif

Damnit! mad.gif

Ahaaa....Thats it...Yeah...Aha... wow.gif OOo!...Cool...

GAH! mad.gif Again!

*mumbles*

I have alpha tested it, and it won't crash your computer. You have my word on that.

The first version was unstable and got Access Violations all the time, but now it's working perfectly.

And I would like to tell you all that WrpEdit is not the easiest tool to use. Don't think you can pump out Everon 2 any time soon.

Actually, the uber-extreme great gods out there (Ebud, Kegetys and the rest) could produce a working island in a matter of 1-2 weeks. But for us mere mortals, it will take longer =)

Edit

@Scorpio: What bugs?

I haven't found any in the beta version

Its hard to use

i tried to make desert island a full island but i cant find how to higher the land level....

Hmm...Im throwing the towel in... But if there would be a readme...Or something like that...For now..I`ll just sit back and wait until other people make them... wink.gif

I cant see any land in the preview even if I open malden or everon

Wait i found malden but there has got to be an easier way.

Wow. wow.gif Im gettin the hang of it.Expect my maps out soon. smile.gif

Oh and you can just bum around on a previously made map.Just select "open" and you'll see cain abel etc... smile.gif

There looks as though there is a lot of functionailty not present as yet?

I managed to scale,raise and flatten the landscape. Change and add objects e.t.c but thats about it. Perhaps soul_assasin could elaborate?

BTW Any reason why Wrpedit.exe would want to try and connect to the internet?

Sgt. Wilson,

I was curious myself about your connection statement. I've helped test the alpha versions of WrpEdit as well as currently run the current release. I have yet to have Norton AV pick up anything from it.

I just installed ZoneAlarm as well just to see what programs were trying to access out. It has yet to try and connect to the outside.

Can you enlighten me more? This would be a REALLY BAD decision if Internals chose to place this sort of thing in the program.

m16a2m203 aka gren (Wrpedit fanatic)

I made a river on malden that starts in that north desert part and exits below the airport, too bad I dont have any bridges though.

Hi I use zone alarm aswell, here is the log entry if you can trust my post.

LOCK,2002/06/07,23wow.gif8:36 +1wow.gif0 GMT,WRPEDIT.EXE,195.92.195.94,N/A.

Although having a bug report sent direct is better than depending on "pain in the arse users" biggrin.gif

For your reference. That was supposed to be standard time formating and not face pulling.

Also has anyone found a good conversion program for the wrpedit wavefront *.obj format. I cant convert my vista pro files?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt_Wilson @ June 08 2002,01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">zone alarm<span id='postcolor'>

Arg I hated zone alarm when I had it. Freaking Pain in the ass, when it would ask if i wanted this program to connect to the internet. Got annoying cause I would play so many games.

Im not saying Zone alarm is bad, its actually very good, but annoying.

Now, back to topic. I just got the WRP Edit. Very interesting program and very confusing to me. I am really looking forward to seeing more and more islands coming out. What I dont understand is how it exports into OFP. I thought thats where you would need Oxygen.

I made a small island but i tryed playing it ofp by put it in my worlds folder but when i open ofp it was not listed. do you have to have a config or something to play the maps?